Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's Discuss! (Ke$ha)

Demonic Princess
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    I LIKE: General, Fantasy but not scifi, Romance, I love to love, I love school RPs too!
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Default Let's Discuss! (Ke$ha)

For those of you who do not know: Kesha has currently been in a legal battle with Dr. Luke (her producer) and recently lost.

The civil lawsuit centers around her relationship with super-producer Dr. Luke - real name Luke Gottwald - who she claimed drugged and raped her when she was 18.

Kesha signed on with Kemosabe Records founded by Gottwald - a subsidiary of Sony - in 2005 and after initially having a productive relationship, things allegedly turned toxic.

In the lawsuit filed in 2014, Kesha made several allegations against the producer, the most shocking that that he had drugged and "forced himself" on her.

Apart from the assault allegations, Luke was also accused of having a controlling nature when it came to Kesha's musical career.

Following the success of her debut album Animal, fan Rebecca Pimmel set up a "free" Kesha petition in September 2013 that accused Dr Luke of "stunting" her growth as an artist.

This came at the same time as her TV documentary My Crazy Beautiful Life, which saw Luke serve as an executive producer, aired.

It followed the production of her second album Warrior - released in November 2012 - and implied she had little creative control over the record.

In 2012 Wayne Coyne of the Flaming Lips hinted at a similar issue and claimed Dr. Luke had stopped the release of a project called Lip$ha, which he'd worked on with Kesha.

He told Billboard magazine: "The stuff that we did together [with Kesha] was just spectacular.

"It made us want to do more. And I think we did like four or five songs, and then Kesha would remind me, 'Wayne, I can't put this music out, Dr. Luke will kill me.'"

Commenting on the relationship between the artist and producer, he continued: "I don’t really know the situation.

"Only they do; I hope it works out. I hope that everybody can hear this music [that we made], it's great... I think she would like to have the freedom to do more things in that spirit. Where it’s not again, I don’t know their situation, but where it’s not producers producing her."

Dr. Luke was also blamed for Kesha's bulumia diagnosis, which she entered rehab for in January 2014.

At the time her mother, Pebe Sebert, said her daughter was put under a huge amount of pressure by the producer to slim down and was allegedly advised to take drugs to suppress her appetite by a former associate.

"She had an adviser who told her he had a meeting with a record company and they said she better lose 15 pounds in the next 30 days," the star's mother told Radar.

"He told her he didn't care if she shoved her hand down her throat or took illegal drugs, but she had to lose the weight.

"Everybody in the industry has thrown up! Kesha's been in the bathroom with other celebrities throwing up."

Sony reportedly offered the chance for Kesha to work with another producer, but the Timber star claimed she's worried the company won't promote her music if she's not working with Dr. Luke, who is their biggest hit-maker.

The producer has worked with some of the biggest stars in the industry, most notably Katy Perry and was nominated for Producer of the Year and Album of the Year at the 2011 Grammy Awards.

Following the ruling Kesha took to Twitter to thank fans and her peers for their support sharing an image baring the words "Hope is the only thing stronger than fear".
    So what are your thoughts? I personally think that Sony should let Kesha go.

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

Right now I feel like it's so weird, that I dunno if anything is amiss from what is told to everyone.

Like... how can a judge be so blind and heartless. I am also faulting the whole system that allowing such criminals to roam free, but the only ones who can help do nothing, and it makes me upset knowing I'm living in such a world...

July Member of the Month
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I so agree with you Kris, I hope things work out for Ke$ha, it's so hard for people to speak out about these things. Victims in cases like these are often harassed by others, I'm so glad she's strong enough to stand up and tell others about it. If only everyone was that strong, I know I'm not.

3Spooky5U
    Science Fiction/Slice of Life/Fandom
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Um...I don't know any side of this story, but what if Ke$ha was the one at fault? I mean people don't really know. I wouldn't just assume that these are all true.

Griffin / Gumbo / Gambit / Griff

Moon Child
    Feeding Nazgul with a spoon in his white padded room.
    I will try just about anything. Especially Twilight fanfiction. TEAM JACOB!
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

I kind of agree with Griffin here. Also, if they have offered her another producer and she refused? That doesn't make her seem too much of a victim?

Spoiler: Looking for RP in all the wrong places? Click here! 

Spoiler: Friend Quotes 

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

See, that's where I think it's wrong. Whatever the reasons, she doesn't want to work with a company that allows creep like him to still do business. I am totally fine with her wanting to move away from there and find her own way, without being afriad to be abused by someone else.

3Spooky5U
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

But how do you know that he's a creep? These all seem to be testimonies by Ke$ha herself.

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

But why saying he isn't? And besides, even if there is a small chance that she is indeed hurt, why not allow her to choose her way? Can anyone just be okay with that on their hands?

3Spooky5U
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

But there is also a chance this was all fabricated and is hurting that guy's record, with people calling him a creep and all.

Moon Child
    Feeding Nazgul with a spoon in his white padded room.
    I will try just about anything. Especially Twilight fanfiction. TEAM JACOB!
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

Basically I kind of agree with the judge, that there really isn't sufficient amount of evidence to mean she can break her contract. They have offered her other options within the contract, or if she had some other amount of evidence? I don't know. I feel that even if she wanted free, that if it were me... until then I would work under another producer as was offered, WHILE i was pursuing a case against my old producer. That if something like that had happened to me, I wouldn't be choosing to stay and work under him regardless of whether they wouldn't promote me as much or not.

Spoiler: Looking for RP in all the wrong places? Click here! 

Spoiler: Friend Quotes 

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast