Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] Kindling Love {Karma & NotWhoIWas}

Moon Child
    Feeding Nazgul with a spoon in his white padded room.
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    I will try just about anything. Especially Twilight fanfiction. TEAM JACOB!
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

Dinner. Elena was required at dinner. Did she really have much of a choice? Her clothes had been a mess. Her pants torn, full of dirt and leaves. So she had taken a shower and what did Ms. Emerson bring for her to wear when she redressed her wounds? A formal dress. Of course.

She rolled her eyes as she pulled the dress over head. One of the other servants here must have had it around, but it did fit remarkably well. Forming to her curves. Before she knew it Ms. Emerson had her sitting in front of a vanity and was doing her hair. Elena shot dirty glances at her, getting her all done up, like she was some form of livestock. Honestly, she still felt like she really had much choice.

She was at their mercy and she was frightened. What would they do if she didn't comply? Sure right now Ms. Emerson seemed motherly and kind, but what about the frightening man? What about the rest of them in the house?

When Ms. Emerson finished, she stood Elena up and gave her a twirl, smiling at her handiwork. Jackson surely wouldn't be able to help but be attracted to this. Surely her beauty would soften his heart, and lessen the pounding headache she had.

"Okay come, come now. We mustn't be late." She smiled and took Elena by the hand leading her out of the room and through the halls into a huge dining room. The dining room had a long table like she had seen in movies and was gloriously decorated with candlesticks and silver. Everything had been made to be perfect, there was even some music playing in the background. "Please, try and be kind dear. I know you're frightened, but he is easily angered. Please?"

With those words she parted, leaving Elena standing in the door way. Smoothing down her yellow gown, her heart pounding, she took very slow steps toward the table.The man who had screamed at her before and had informed her she couldn't leave was already sitting at the head of it and there was a place set to his right. Her heels clicked softly on the ground, as she nervously pushed her flowing brunette curls away from her face.

Swallowing back her fear a bit, her heart pounding out of her chest, she finally made it to the chair. She wasn't sure what to do though. Should she just sit? Wait for permission? Her mind was racing, her hands fidgeting and just ended up standing there looking at him awkwardly, trying to hide the fear in her eyes.

Spoiler: Looking for RP in all the wrong places? Click here! 

Spoiler: Friend Quotes 

Romance, Historical, Modern, Sci-fi, Adventure, Action
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Jackson had paced for a long time that afternoon, trying to figure out what to do. Why had she been there? Was she snooping? Just being rude and wanted a look at him? Trying to figure out why the house was empty for so long? He sighed and ran a hand through his hair, closing his eyes and taking in a deep breath. When his eyes opened again, they turned to an enchanted rose. Already it was starting to wither and wilt, and Jackson knew he didn't have much time until his fate, and the fate of all those in the house was sealed. He had to make this work.

Pulling on a dark blue suit after a shower, doing his best to keep his temper down, knowing that this might be his first and last shot at a good impression. But he was so nervous, there was so much riding on this one moment...

Hearing the door open and her footsteps, Jackson stood up, his chair scraping across the hardwood floor. He had to admit, she looked beautiful. Swallowing hard, trying his best to forget his actions before, he moved around the table and to her. Giving her the best smile that he could, Jackson held out a hand. "I..I realize that we may have gotten off on the wrong foot..." he began awkwardly, trying to remember it exactly as he had rehearsed it with Mark. "I'm Jackson.."
    Amazing set made by the wonderful
    -[Karmic Atelier]-

Moon Child
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

That smile. She had never seen him smile. In all the drawings she had done, with as many different expressions she had seen. She hadn't seen him smile. It was beautiful.No Elena! You are a captive here! A captive that was in a glorious dining room, with a man she'd been dying to speak with for ages. Elena gave him a small smile and placed her own wrapped up hand in his very gently.

"Elena." She nodded, she had already shouted her name at him before, but she figured it polite to repeat it again. In maybe a gentler tone. Where before he had been angry and terrifying. Now he seemed awkward and almost endearing. The strong beating of her heart slowed just a little as she took her seat.

Be polite, he has a temper. If she was going to be stuck here, surely she wouldn't want to keep making him angry. Not intentionally at least, or for no reason. "You have a beautiful home, Jackson. I've always loved it." Her eyes kept meeting his green orbs directly, and she found it hard to break away, even with the horrible display they had went through just hours earlier.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Jackson helped her to her seat, noting almost immediately her beautiful blue eyes, and the angry burns hidden by the bandages on her arms and hands. Because of me. Because of my stupid temper. I don't even know her, and I hurt her... he thought to himself, clenching a hand under the table as he tried to keep his calm. He nodded and smiled a bit, though somehow it was slightly pained this time. "Thank you..." he said, glancing up as Lucas came in and poured them both a glass of water.

"Wine?" Lucas offered, now wearing a black suit, a bow tie and even white gloves. Jackson looked to Lucas, giving him a slight smile. "Red for me, Lucas.." And then his attention went right back to Elena, curious as to what she had said. "What do you mean, you've always loved it?" he asked, his brow furrowed as he looked to her. "This is your first time here, and I know that it is not on purpose. None come here on purpose..."

Mrs. Emerson stood at the door that lead from the kitchen into the dining room, listening intently as to what was going on. So far, everything seemed to be going well. "Well that's a good sign..." she murmured to herself as she plated some salads with fresh tomatoes, and a home made dressing. "As long as he can keep that temper under control, we might make it out of here..."
    -[Karmic Atelier]-

Moon Child
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

"Same for me too, please." Elena responded in regards to wine. Jackson's voice had changed a bit, not as pleasant, but not angry either. She couldn't quite put her finger on it. Why should she care? She was not responsible for his moods. As Lucas disappeared to get their wine. Elena felt it was best to answer his questions honestly. She was stuck her anyways. Why lie?

"Well, I mean, I didn't climb that particular tree by accident." She said a bit sarcastically, she was a bit irritable, she should not make him angry. "Sorry, what I mean is that... Well..." Wow, it was very hard to explain to someone that you were basically kind of a stalker artist. "When I was a child, my family and I would drive past this place often. Well, they never saw it, but I could see the roof poking out. I knew there was a house back here..."

Lucas brought in their wine and she paused to take a drink. Holding the cup awkwardly with her bandaged hands, but she still managed. Hopefully this would make her less nervous.

"So, I uh.. When I got a bit older, I came and found the hidden house in the woods. I always thought it was amazingly beautiful. It was so peaceful out here, and the home with it's nearly medieval look was fascinating. I knew that I had to draw it..." She shrugged and gave a nervous smile, meeting his eyes again. "So I would often come back here, to capture a different view, to get a different angle of the house. Things would change, and I'd draw that too."

Her voice was getting a bit sheepish. She knew she sounded ridiculous and stalkerish. "I just always felt really at peace here with my sketchpad and pencil, I felt calm. It was a place to go without stress." She didn't mention that after her parents accident, she came here much more often. She had come here to grieve, spending much more times in the trees around this place. It had become a very comforting place for her. She also didn't mention that many of her drawings were of him specifically as of late.

"So today, I was drawing again, and the way you could see the tree's coming over top of your home from the angle in the tree, was most beautiful. Have you ever seen how amazing this place is from an arial view?" Oh lord, she had gone from slightly stalkerish to creepy now. "Well basically the wind blew me out of the tree..." Her cheeks were bright red and she was looking down at her plate more and more as the story had went on. Bringing the wine glass once again to her lips.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Jackson's eyes followed Elena's as she spoke, listening intently as she spoke about her life before. How she had spent time with her family, how they had driven by here, the seemingly insatiable curiosity. He took a drink of the wine and set the glass down, rolling his shoulders a bit. "And? Is it all that you thought it would be? Is it as charming on the inside as it is on the outside?" Suddenly, Jackson found himself getting a bit irritated at her. Why did she find it so intriguing? Who was she to judge what the house was like? To climb the trees and spy on him?

"And I suppose that you delight in your freedoms, hmm?" he said, his voice lowering, starting to take the edge that it had earlier. "Well you have none now, so forget about them!" Now Jackson was angry. Who was she to come in here and taunt him about her freedom, in an attempt to tell him that his house was beautiful. "The outside matters nothing, all that is inside is darkness and pain!" With that, Jackson slammed his fist down on the table.

Hearing the noise, Lucas immediately came out, witnessing the very end of the conversation, he quickly stepped up in an attempt to try and salvage what was left of the dinner. "I think..." Lucas began, pouring more wine for both of them, hoping that it would help to calm the nerves and tempers that were beginning to flair. "I think that what he means, is that....this home hasn't seen a new face in some time.."
    -[Karmic Atelier]-

Moon Child
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

"Yes, the inside is even more enchanting then the out.." Before she finished, he continued with a barrage of questions. Each one more accusatory then the next. More angry. She could see the kinder look in his eyes change visibly to that of rage. As the look changed her heart beat faster and she even flinched away from him.

"No...no I wasn't deli.. I.. " Tears came to her blue eyes, her hand holding her wine glass visibly shaking. When his fists slammed on the table, she jumped, her wine spilling on her dress. Quickly she set the wine glass down, grabbing a napkin and frantically wiping at her dress.

Tears dripped from her blue eyes, smearing her mascara down her face as she pushed the chair back away from the table. "If you... you'll please excuse me..." Standing from the table, she pushed her chair back, and ran from the dining room.

There hadn't been that many turns to get there from the room they had her in, so she made it back there with no issues. Slamming the door behind her and collapsing on her bed in tears, grabbing up her sketchpad and finding a pencil she began to draw. Draw and cry, it helped her let it all out.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Jackson watched as Elena's eyes filled with tears, and the fact that he made her cry, made him even angrier. "No, I...." he stammered out, trying to undo the damage he had just done. But when she got up to leave, he grew even angrier- more at himself, than at her, but it came across as anger at her. "Fine! Leave then! Just run away! That's what everyone does!" He shouted, knocking the wine glasses from the table, causing them to spill and then shatter on the floor.

His head ached, and his entire body felt like it was on fire as he roared in anger, listening to Elena cry and retreat up the stairs, back to her room. Look what you've done! You blew you first chance with her! Now she hates you! She will never want to talk to you or see you again! You've doomed yourself to live with this curse for the rest of your life!

As soon as Jackson had settled down slightly, Mrs. Emerson came storming out of the kitchen, her head aching, but she was fit to be tied. "Jackson! What on Earth are you thinking?!" she cried out, her face turning slightly red. While Mrs. Emerson wasn't Jackson's mother, she was, and had been, the closest thing to a mother that he had, and he deeply respected and loved her. "You scared that poor girl! You asked her to dinner, and then grilled her like she was in an interrogation!" She said, her hands on her hips as she looked up at Jackson. "You go up there now, and you apologize to the poor girl! She's lost everything today, and you just had to rub it in her face, didn't you?"

Jackson's eyes had widened a bit, and he had certainly calmed down, but as Mrs. Emerson finished, he opened his mouth to argue. Quickly, she responded. "No, no arguments. You've done enough of that. Go. Now."
    -[Karmic Atelier]-

Moon Child
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

Elena's pencil flew over the paper, tears blurring her vision, but she didn't really need to see. She wasn't paying attention to what she was drawing, she just let her hand fly. It was much more difficult with them bandaged, but she wasn't trying to make anything exceptionally beautiful. She just needed to draw. It was what she had left.

There wasn't really much she had left behind. There was a small apartment that she had on her own. She had sold her drawing and paintings for money to survive. Never really went out to make friends. Art had become her life after her parents accident. She spent most of her time either in her apartment or out in the woods. If the circumstances had been different, she would have loved to have been staying in this house.

But the circumstances weren't different. She was stuck here with an angry man who hated her. Forced to put on pretty clothes and get dolled up, just to get screamed at and to feel despised, to feel worthless. To have it thrown in her face that she was stuck here. That she could not escape this anger, the disdain, the hatred. More tears smeared the lead on the paper as she shaded more lines.

Was this how it would be forever? There was no one to look for her, no one to wonder where she was. No one to care, no one to rescue her. There was no knight in shining armor in this mock fairy tale of a home.

There was just her.

Alone and imprisoned in a nightmare.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Jackson looked at Mrs. Emerson in surprise, never having seen her stand up to him quite like this. But almost like a dog that had been scolded, he turned and slowly headed towards the door, tail tucked between his legs as he opened them and stepped out into the hallway.

And now what do I say? What can I say to make things better? I can't make things better. I only ruin things. It's this damned temper! And she's so beautiful, and I'm so.....I'm just a monster. It's all I've ever been, and with the way things are going, it's all I'll ever be....

Jackson was surprised to find that he was already standing in front of Elena's door. Several times his hand reached out to knock on the door, but each time, before it actually made contact, he withdrew, as if the door would burn him. He sighed and ran his hand through his hair, turning and looking out the large window that peered out over the large garden- the same view that Elena would have from her bedroom as well.

Sighing, Jackson crossed the hall and leaned against the wall, scooting down until he was sitting on the floor directly across from Elena's door. Once more, he ran his fingers through his hair, holding his head in his hands before saying, his voice gentle as it had been before. "I'm sorry, Elena..."
    -[Karmic Atelier]-

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast