Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 131415

Thread: [M] A Light in the Dark [Ashen & Midoripickle]

The Ashen One
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    medieval fantasy, adventure, psychological
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

He was adorable, fidgeting and gawking like he was. Mae rested her head on his shoulder, still tracing his body. His breaths were uneven, and he squirmed under her softest touches. Was this really what she wanted? She turned the question over in her head, considering it for a long while. What had brought this on, anyway? How long had they been traveling together? Was she sure she wanted him? After so short a time? But that was it, wasn't it? She'd spent so long on her own, so long looking for someone to respect her, someone like Lochan. "I've never wanted anyone more," she replied, her voice level, her gaze now trained on him. In the next moment she was on top of him again, pressing her lips into his.

A million thoughts filled her mind, outnumbered only by the millions of voices. She was conflicted; she wanted him yes, but this was wrong. Mae had no business sleeping with a man she'd only just met, but it was more than that. Lochan wasn't like the other men; she didn't want to sleep with him. Rather, she wanted to make love to him, to make the most of this soft bed and this perfect night, and she was sure of that.

But he still seemed so reluctant. She watched his wandering eyes, his nervous demeanor, and she inched off him again. Was she being too forward? Her hair fell back over her face when she moved off of him again. He was hard to read, or she was reading him too hard. Either way, Mae couldn't make a move. "Are you sure?" she asked quietly, almost childishly. "Are you sure you want someone like..." She turned away then, suddenly reminded of her scar, of her magic, of everything that made her a freak. "Someone like me," she finished sadly, then realized she was a fool to push him this far. "We... we don't have to," she murmured. "I'm sorry, I just..." With all her rushing thoughts, she couldn't even finish her sentence.
    Thanks to Craze for the beautiful Bravely set!

~Recruitment Thread~
    Spoiler: Ashen's Personal Hall of Fame 

Member of the Month!
    Fantasy, Historical, Romance, Horror, Adventure
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Her words shocked him and he was left speechless, though it didn't matter as a moment later she was claiming his lips again. His hands trembled as they tentatively went her waist, too hesitant to move higher or lower from that position just yet. God, as much as he wanted her, he quickly realized he had no clue what he was even doing. Would he even be able to please her?

He suddenly felt panicked as Mae drew back once more, hoping that she wasn't changing her mind. Perhaps she had come to the same realization that he had? He then blinked, staring up at her with a bewildered gaze. "I've never been more sure..." He breathed, looking to her sadly as she retreated, talking down on herself. He quickly caught her face, gently drawing her to look down at him again. "You don't have to worry about such silly thoughts. You're the most amazing, beautiful, strong woman I've ever met. And I mean every word of that. Of course I want you..." He said softly, smiling up at her as his hand gently caressed her scarred face.

"But Mae, I only want whatever you want to give me..." He said. "If you don't want to-... I understand. I don't mean to pressure you." He said quickly to clarify. "I'm not sure I'd even be... adequate, t-to be perfectly honest." A deep blush flooded his cheeks once more and this time he averted his eyes, which were still glimmering with his desire for her.

"If you could only see the beast you've made of me
    I held it in but now it seems you've set it running free
    Screaming in the dark, I howl when we're apart
    Drag my teeth across your chest to taste your beating heart

My fingers claw your skin, try to tear my way in
    You are the moon that breaks the night for which I have to howl"

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

The way he didn't let her look away, the way he spoke sincerely, all the right words; Mae smiled again. She couldn't believe him--there were far prettier women, far stronger and far less deranged--but she believed that he believed what he was saying, and that alone meant the world to her. She leaned into his touch slowly, knowing he would be feeling the burnt bumps of a mark she'd cursed all her life. Despite that, despite all her insecurities, as she looked down at Lochan, she thought maybe they didn't matter. He was here knowing all he did about her, and that had to mean something.

He was putting himself down, and at that, Mae laughed aloud. "Adequate?" she repeated. Suddenly her fingers were wrapped around him through his pants, and she had a mischievous glimmer in her eye. "Oh trust me, Lochan, I'd say this is adequate." Her fingers moved along him gently though expertly, and she kept her eyes trained on his. "You're new to this," she murmured, more a reminder to herself. "That's almost endearing, in a way. I'm honored. It's a good thing we've got you in good hands then, literally." She smirked, watching the way he reacted to her touch, knowing that she was only just getting started.

Suddenly Mae stopped her motions, her fingers lingering now at his waist once more. She looked at his expression, studying it. She wanted to be absolutely sure he wanted this. She was willing to go gentle for him, and she found it amusing, if not sweet, that she'd probably have to show him what to do, but in a way, she appreciated that. There'd be a bond there, a memory permanently etched into his mind, of her​. She leaned down into his ear, leaving her voice to send him shivering. "I want you, Lochan."

~Recruitment Thread~

Member of the Month!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The warm light of the afternoon filtered through the window, shining across Lochan's face. He squinted, closing his eyes tighter before turning his head into a pool of dark, silky hair. He breathed in the pleasant scent with a deep sigh. He felt so warm and content in a way that he couldn't ever recall feeling before. Though it wasn't until he tried to move his arm that he realized there was a weight on it. He tried to shift again, but limbs were tangled with his, feeling something shift it's weight beside him.

Immediately his eyes opened, momentarily startled by the sleeping goddess beside him. Lochan's eyes wandered over her peaceful sleeping face as last night's events came flooding back to him in a pleasant reverie. If it weren't for Mae's bare form wrapped up in his arms, he would have written it all off as some beautiful dream... But that had really happened? He and Mae... They-

Suddenly Lochan's cheeks warmed and lightly he traced his fingertips up along the soft skin of her waist up to her shoulder. His fingertips stroked lightly over her skin, admiring her sleeping face. He remembered he'd told Mae that he loved her... And even though she hadn't answered, she hadn't rejected him either. He hoped that perhaps the way they'd made love had been enough of an answer to how Mae felt about him. But would that all change once she opened her eyes? Lochan's brows furrowed slightly at that thought. For now he just reveled in this feeling of waking up with the woman he loved resting in his arms.

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Mae's sleep was restful, her dreams quiet. The voices that often filled her nightmares were now only whispers, soft and sweet against the petals of her subconsciousness. They spoke of warmth, of a man they wanted to hold, an embrace they never wanted to let go, and feelings that blossomed across every inch of her body.

She blinked awake to find fingers tracing her body. Mae arched a brow, turning her gaze down towards the arm reaching over her. She smiled warmly. Lochan was still here. Pale and perfect against the sheets, he was watching her, deep in thought. She reached out to cup his face, meeting his gaze with smiling eyes. "Good morning," she chirped quietly. She pulled him closer, melting into a hug she hadn't known she'd missed. Thoughts from last night circled in her mind, comforting her like the warmest blanket. She'd been in bed with dozens of men, but last night was new, was different, was perfect.

Mae sat up in bed and turned to the window in the room. It was morning, time for them to start out on their adventure again. She glanced back towards Lochan, a pain in her eyes. After everything that had transpired, it almost felt blasphemous to chase the Black Dragon. Mae bit her lip, not wanting to get up. Her entire life had been devoted to getting her answers, and what usually filled her with joy now felt... wrong. The man she'd been with, the man curled up beside her, had he so easily changed her resolve? No, she told herself, she was not going to give up on everything she wanted because of Lochan. Even if it pained him, she had to do this for her.

Gathering up her clothes, Mae moved the hair back over her eye and sighed. "I hope you slept well," she said softly. "Hope I didn't tire you out too much, mm? We've got places to see." She cast a mischievous glance over her shoulder. "Besides, I don't know about you, but I am starving."

~Recruitment Thread~

Member of the Month!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Lochan paused suddenly as she opened her eyes, wondering if perhaps that kind of touch wasn't welcome. But then she was reaching out to him, holding his cheek, and Lochan smiled back warmly. "Morning~" He hummed and as Mae pulled him closer, her wrapped him arms around her and pulled her even closer still. His arms encircled her in a warm embrace as he buried his face in her dark hair with a content sigh, not wanting to ever let go.

However, he quickly pouted as Mae drew away from him, sitting up and looking to thier window. Damn sun... Why couldn't it stay night forever? Lochan watched her softly the way she looked, bare, bathing in the sunlight that poured in from the window. Though her expression caught him off guard and immediately he sat up, reaching for her, but she was standing before he could. He didn't get the chance to ask what was wrong, when everything seemed perfectly fine all of a suddenly. He only hoped there wasn't a part of her that regretted this. But with that flirty glance, Lochan brushed his worries aside for now.

"Y-yeah, I could eat." He breathed with a warm grin, watching her for just a moment longer before sliding out of bed to find his clothes. Even after everything that had happened between them last night, Lochan was still awfully shy, attempting to hold the sheets to cover himself as he struggled to get his clothes on. Eventually he just had to turn away and try to yank on his pants quickly.

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Soon, they were both up and ready to start their day. Mae didn't bother teasing Lochan on the way he hid from her, only thinking it was her fault and that, maybe, she had done something wrong, but she didn't spend too long dwelling. Instead, she set about tidying the room, lazily throwing the sheets back onto the bed in a presentable manner and straightening the furniture that they'd moved. Once the room looked presentable enough, she set out with Lochan to find some breakfast.

They wandered outside after dropping off their key with the innkeep. Now, in the bright hours of morning, people scurried down the streets. Everyone had somewhere to be, and their stay in this town was over. The two of them set off westwards, Mae leading the way, heading towards the wilderness where, hopefully, they would be able to find their own meal.

"I'm in the mood for something gamy," she announced. She unsheathed the sword at her hip and absently juggled it between her hands. "Some venison would be lovely, but I don't know what we can find around here. Maybe even some birds of prey..." Her mouth watered as she thought of the different meats, but she shook her head. She couldn't be picky, and she was sure, hungry as she was, she would settle for anything.

It didn't take long for them to find a boar, an unusually small creature just big enough to feed them both. It was killed easily, roasted well, and cut in half to be shared between them. Mae took her time savoring hers, thinking no better breakfast could exist. When her meal was done, she turned to Lochan, a question in her eyes. She wanted to seek the Dark One, but perhaps that could wait. "Where would you like to go?" she asked. Delaying her trip a few days, if just to spend time with Lochan, would be alright, she was sure. She'd waited this long, anyway. Besides, she was enjoying the company of her friend--was he a friend?--too much to let him go just yet.

~Recruitment Thread~

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 131415