View Poll Results: Should we bring back the classes

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, however give us the option to have freedom in our CS creation with the class theme in mind

12 75.00%
  • No, let us just create our own CS without any theme/class to it

4 25.00%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumble question- Should we bring back the classes?

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

Last year I hoped to get few things:
    1. Able to maintain a range of power which was more or less balanced
    2. Able to let new players get easier access to the arena
    3. Giving players that didnt know how to built their CS more idea on how it is done.
    4. Actually make it RP with cool story where everyone wanted to unlock their char's secrets

What I want to do, is, once again try to maintain some balance while giving players some more idea how to built their CS.

I don't mind checking suggestions for classes, but they will have to go by me and the judges first to be approved and be edited if needed. Also it will be part of the rooster for anyone to pick ( which means you also take into consideration that your class or a class you thought up may be picked by another player before you have a chance to, as It will once again be first come first serve).

If that is not okay then I guess you vote for "no classes at all and open pick for everything" where you create your own thing.

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Explain more?
    Classes allow for specializations, but they can be restricting if you only have a select few classes to choose from. The custom class feature of Morrowind and Oblivion, if you've played them, allow you to pick your primary skills with a much wider variety of skill combinations.

This also allows people to name their class as they see fit... like calling their class "Champion of Tiamat" if they focus on chromatic dragon type powers to augment their physical abilities.

Holey Paladin's armor by Haya

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

I want to go for more basic picking and giving players the option to develop everything from it.

Example: Knight- however my version of knight can be horror undead that was ressurected and can order minions into battles. Another version of knight can be pure paladin aura boost. So it can be changed once you pick the class, but I want the classes to be more primery...

I hope I am clear on this?

But suggestions are welcomed and if they are approved however, everyone can pick on them.

If we go for "yes" for classes then there will be a list to pick from, you cannot create something after the list is up.

3Spooky5U
    Science Fiction/Slice of Life/Fandom
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

I'd prefer completely made cs's. Mostly because the characters you all made were developed well and gradually getting new abilities and information about the past was cool.

Griffin / Gumbo / Gambit / Griff

Willshaper
    Semi realistic, and fantasy, with a pinch of Sci Fi
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

I like some of the oddball classes like what comes up in Fire Emblem,
    It'd be kinda cool and funny if we had that one character who was a villager.

I also would like to have a sort of advancement system. So every character would start off more or less ballanced.
    The fighter has his swords and other weapons, the mage gets his basic magic, that sort of thing. But as the battle progress the winners of each fight get to choose from a few options, like taking their defeated foe's gear, discovering an item. or even advancing into a new class with new powers to go with the old ones. Sort of a reward for their skill as a writer and their hard fought victory.

"Life before death,
    Strength before weakness,
    Journey before destination."
    -The First Ideal

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

I'm more in favor of allowing greater creativity in designing characters... so I guess that falls under the "no class" option.

Variety is good, and it's easier to be proficient with your own creation than with someone else's.

Holey Paladin's armor by Haya

3Spooky5U
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

but what if the characters aren't balanced? What if the character is too OP

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gumbo View Post
    I'd prefer completely made cs's. Mostly because the characters you all made were developed well and gradually getting new abilities and information about the past was cool.
    I agree. It was exciting and one of the better made rumbles I enjoyed because of the surprises and extra struggles.

I also liked the fact many could play at the more or less same level which caused more people to join.

(But creating 32 CS was crazy . I loved it but never again these many )

Quote Originally Posted by Derpnaster View Post
    I like some of the oddball classes like what comes up in Fire Emblem,
    It'd be kinda cool and funny if we had that one character who was a villager.

I also would like to have a sort of advancement system. So every character would start off more or less ballanced.
    The fighter has his swords and other weapons, the mage gets his basic magic, that sort of thing. But as the battle progress the winners of each fight get to choose from a few options, like taking their defeated foe's gear, discovering an item. or even advancing into a new class with new powers to go with the old ones. Sort of a reward for their skill as a writer and their hard fought victory.
    Sadly that can be done only with pre made chars since then you know how to develop them and what to give them without being biased. All written in advanced and agreed by few people.

I do love this a lot, one of the reason I liked the whole pre made cards players.

Demonic Princess
    I LIKE: General, Fantasy but not scifi, Romance, I love to love, I love school RPs too!
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

I have an opinion on because class creation is something I actually enjoy. (I know weird right?) Making a class that is original an new would be awesome. Yes there is the struggle of how to balance said character but that isn't as hard as you seem to think.

A character who uses magic or manipulates something would have to have a large quantity of stamina/mana pool. If this is the characters first fight and first attempt at using their abilities of course they won't have a large stamina/mana pool. Thus they won't be able to really use their ability for long periods of time without being slowed down or tired out.

There are many ways to counter balance a character's class. If it seems the character is too over powered then maybe the player has a deep understand his/her character, which in turn shows good and well thought out writing.

3Spooky5U
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

True, but there's never really been a mana system (correct me if I'm wrong). More of a 3-or-so-power system. They all complimented each other.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast