Thread: The RPA Tribune! Issue #20: March 2016

My Son; My Sun.
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)

Default The RPA Tribune! Issue #20: March 2016

Welcome, welcome folks, to another edition of the RPA Tribune! March is upon us, and soon enough it'll be the time to gorge ourselves on easter sweets! In celebration of the holiday, the Tribune is hosting an egg hunt! Check out the puzzle section for more details!

Breaking News!!

What's new around RPA this month? The Member Events section is hopping (pun intended) with activity; with new events happening now! There's still time to enter The Hop: A plot Bunny Conquest, and voting is in progress for the following events, so go cast yours now!!

WHAT? Another Singing Contest!
    Don't Say I'm In Love

-

Time is running out to congratulate our March Member of the Month! Make sure you go say a big congrats to Splat! Who will next months' honoured member be???

-

A new edition to the site has been made with our very own Member Liason - Nazgul! You can read more about it by following the link.

-

And time to get hyped for RPApril! Starting very soon!!!

So, on with the issue!!!

Spoiler: Great New RP's looking for players! 
    Click here daily to vote for RPA!

My Son; My Sun.
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)

by G

Our brand new Horror roleplay section is starting to take off! Amongst the spooky and spectacular games taking place there is this new mystery from Cassieopia; Black Creek Manor.

Their story begins on a small island, just off the coast of Scotland. None of the islands measly population of fifteen has thought much about the old Manor House in the islands woods for years; until a mysterious advertisement appears, offering a large sum for any soul who can manage to stay in the house for seven days.

Seems like easy money, right? Only one way to find out...

Stay the night in Black Creek Manor

-

Would you like your roleplay advertised in the Tribune? Let us know here!

by NotWhoIWas

March, is that you? How are we here already! Seems like just yesterday we were in February! Never mind that! This month is filled with more than Mardi Gras, St. Patrick’s Day and cute lions and lambs! Take a look at what has happened in history this month!
    March 1
    GERONIMO!!! The first parachute jump from a plane is performed on this day in 1912.
    March 2
    Alexander II becomes the Tsar of Russia on this day in 1855.
    I do love his books I say, I could read them every day! Happy birthday, to Dr. Seuss who was born on this day in 1904!
    March 3
    In 1875, the first ever organized game of indoor ice hockey was played. Betcha didn’t know that!
    March 4
    The microphone is invented on this day in 1877 by Emile Berliner. *mic drop*
    March 5
    King Henry II is born this day in 1133.
    March 6
    That glorious pass-time as a child, and evil substance that will never come out of your carpet as an adult: Silly Putty, is invented in 1950.
    Michelangelo, the artist, not the turtle, was born this day in Caprese, Italy in 1475.
    March 7
    Alexander Graham Bell patents the telephone on this day in 1876. And aren’t we sure glad he did!
    March 8
    “Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio?” Baseball legend Joe DiMaggio died on this day in 1999
    March 9
    On this day in 1454, Americo Vespucci is born!
    “I’m a Barbie girl, in a Barbie world…” (mmhmm, now you can’t get it out of your head!) The Barbie doll was debuted on this day in 1959.
    March 10
    Chuck Norris was born on this day in 1940. And subsequently, the all 9 planets aligned to celebrate his birthday in 1982. True story.
    March 11
    The Confederate Constitution was adopted in 1861
    March 12
    Paul McCartney of the Beatles marries Linda Eastman in 1969. (and breaks millions of hearts…)
    March 13
    Uranus was discovered! No really! On this day in 1781, William Herschel discovered Uranus!
    March 14
    On this day in 1879, Albert Einstein is born
    March 15
    “Et tu, Brute?” Julius Caesar is stabbed to death by Marcus Junius Brutus in 44 AD
    March 16
    Nathaniel Hawthorne’s The Scarlet Letter was published on this day in 1850
    March 17
    This is *literally* the best day ever. Rob Lowe was born on this day in 1964.
    And what?! The rubberband was invented on this day in 1845!
    March 18
    He’s just like sugar, and he is so sweet- Maroon 5’s Adam Levine was born this day in 1979.
    March 19
    1500 people are killed when a volcano erupts in Bali on this day in 1963
    March 20
    It’s a beautiful day in the neighborhood, and it was a beautiful day in 1928 when Fred Rogers aka Mr. Rogers, was born!
    March 21
    Johann Sebastian Bach is born on this day in 1685.
    March 22
    Today is…an…important….date…for….all….mankind. Captain James T. Kirk- or his ‘Earth’ name, William Shatner, was born on this day in 1931.
    March 23
    Life just got a whole lot easier. The first elevator was installed in New York on this day in 1857 by Elisha Otis.
    “Give me liberty, or give me death!” These famous words were uttered by Patrick Henry on this day in 1775.
    March 24
    He ain’t nothin’ but a hound dog! Elvis Presley joins the US Army on this day in 1958.
    The PlayStation portable was released on this day in 2005.
    March 25
    On this day in 1807, slavery was abolished in Great Britain and Ireland!
    R-E-S-P-E-C-T! Aretha Franklin was born on this day in 1942
    March 26
    Ludwig von Beethoven died on this day in 1827, in Vienna, Austria.
    March 27
    Land, ho! Juan Ponce de Leon catches sight of Florida on this day in 1513
    March 28
    The washing machine was patented on this day in 1797 by Nathaniel Briggs.
    March 29
    On this day in 1979, the House Select Committee on Assassinations released their official reports on the killings of John F Kennedy, Robert Kennedy and Martin Luther King.
    March 30
    Hyman Lipman is #2! No really! He patented the first pencil with an attached eraser on this day in 1858!
    Vincent van Gogh is born this day in 1853, and later goes on to star in one of the most beautifully tragic Doctor Who episodes of all time!
    March 31
    The City of Love just got a little lovelier. On this day in 1889, the Eiffel Tower opens in Paris, France.

My Son; My Sun.
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)

by NotWhoIWas

Each month we will be featuring several artists in the RPA community! Take a look at the incredible talents these people have!

If you would like to be featured in the RPA Tribune as an artist, please contact me (Notty)

Avi's, Signatures and Sets- Oh my!
    K&K Set Shop
    Have you seen the fantastic Disney couples sets that several members of the RPA community have been boasting? These sets, and many others were created by a sassy duo of two lovely ladies! Be sure and stop in to see some more of the amazing work that these ladies do!

A Touch of Nara
    We all know this lady to be one of the sweetest and kindest people you'll meet here on RPA, but did you know that she also makes incredible sets?! Take a look at some of her work and be blown away by the beauty of it! Head on over and request a set from her today!

Hand-drawn beauties!
    The Sketch 'n Works by Rahz
    This member has some incredible work- no, for reallies! Check out some of his comics (Marvel or DC worthy, if I say so myself!) and some fantastic original characters! Stop by and show his work some love!

The Kapitana's Treasure Trove
    This member also has some fantastic original character sketches that they have come up with- not to mention that some of them are just plain amazing! (and the commentary to the side is hilarious!) Drop in and check out the fine artistic abilities this member has!

by NotWhoIWas

*the camera pans to Notty, sitting in a large overstuffed plush chair, in a velvet dressing robe, with a cup of coffee*
    Oh, hello there, I didn't see you come in. Please, have a seat....

This evening, I shall take you on a magical journey through the lives and minds of several of the dearest members of RPA. So please, sit back, relax, and prepare yourselves for....RPA Member Interviews, with your host, Notty.

First up this evening, Blazing_Falcon. Welcome to our show, Blaze. Is it okay that I call you Blaze?

1. If you had to choose to live without one of your five senses, which would it be?
    I think hearing. I managed to retain some of my ASL (American Sign Language) from high school, and then my loud roommate(s) wouldn't be able to keep me up at night.
    2. What is your best childhood memory?
    Umm... I'm gonna say the Christmas morning when my family got its first console, a Nintendo Gamecube. You can say "PC masterrace all you want, but I think that's only true because the Gamecube is out of the picture. I loved that thing.
    3. If you could go back and repeat one thing in your life, what would it be?
    One of the summers where I went and stayed at my grandparents' house for about a month.
    4. What is your favorite color?
    Silver.
    5. You have to choose one meal to eat for the rest of your life- what is it?
    Pizza. (Triple) Pepperoni. Hot chocolate for a drink, and bacon, sausage, and either pancakes or waffles (with syrup of course) for an appetizer. For desert, I'mma say a Cherry ICEE, and chocolate chip cookies, with a burger patty between them. ... Am I allowed to have courses to the meal?
    6. A T-Rex and a Great White Shark are battling, who wins?
    Shark. It's smart enough to go from being a megalodon to still being a death machine. And the T-Rex, correct me if the theory has changed, went from being a death machine, to being the chicken. Sure, they're cute, but they aint death machines. And they're quite fascinating, despite being so powerful, they only break your face because you were stupid enough to look and/or smell like food. Shark week, B.
    7. What is your favorite quote, and why is it your favorite?
    "I know I'm incredibly unpredictable, and that's the only thing I'm sure of." -Sylvester Stallone.
    It' all susceptible to change, even your mind. That, and I've got my own special brand of crazy. Wish I could bottle and sell it, really. :P

8. What do you want to be when you grow up?
    An animal behaviorist. Not a dog trainer. I want to be the guy who goes and watches that Gyrfalcon and wonder "Little birdy, why do you do the things you do?" ... Am I the only one who sang it in my head?
    9. Do you have any pets?
    Yes. My little Beany-buddy. He's a cat. And my chickens. One has a beard. (I think Araucana is the breed)
    10. You have been given a million dollars, but you have to spend it all in 24 hours. How do you spend it?
    Gaming stuff, first and foremost. Try to buy myself a house, and whatever was left of the money goes to the mortgage. ... Ah, crap! I still gotta work to pay for college!

Now, ladies and gentlemen, give it up for one of RPA's newest members! The lovely, the charming and ever so magical.... LadyAuror
    1. If you had to choose to live without one of your five senses, which would it be?
    Smell. I think life would be more pleasant if I didn't smell certain people or certain things; and I don't care if that takes away my sense of taste.
    My childhood is a enveloped in haze, but most of my best memories involve traveling.
    The year I turned 13, I would have stayed home instead of going to Florida with my dad. That vacation sucked!
    Turquoise.
    Tom Kha Gai, don't think I'd ever get tired of that. For those that don't know what that is, its a Thai chicken soup with lemongrass, coconut milk, and ginger.
    By land a T-Rex, in the water, not sure. I don't think the T-Rex is a good swimmer with those little arms, he might just drown before he can fight. If it were the Great White Shark's ancestor the Megalodon then I'd say that thing would eat up the T-Rex rather quickly.
    Stand for something, or fall for everything. I believe everyone should have opinions and convictions. Not that they should force them on everyone, but in order for things not to be forced on them.
    I'm already grown up. LOL but, I'd say to get published and make a living writing
    9. Do you have any pets?
    Yes. A Lahsa-Poo named Penelope
    10. You have been given a million dollars, but you have to spend it all in 24 hours. How do you spend it?
    Oh that's easy, pay off my house and get it remodeled, buy a new car for me and for my mom and the rest spend it buying stuff for my family and friends. ^.^

That was just great! Now, on to the spunky, the sassy, the self-proclaimed ruler of Downtown- Miss Devil
    Sight. Only because I love eating and I enjoy smelling and tasting too much. And music is my passion, so that just leaves sight. Though I probably would hate not being able to read anymore RPs. But maybe I can convince some of you to read them to me
    //stares at my twin; I don't know if you guys even remember him but I have a twin who was a member for all of a year before deciding that he had better cooler bronier stuff to do. But I think all of my childhood memories consist of him being in the picture. So I just had to start off with that.
    Now to embarrass him and myself.
    There was this one time we left my dad's house, (this was before we moved to NY) and basically my dad was at work you know making his money. But we decided to go out on our bikes and go get snacks from a convenience/grocery store that was maybe half a mile from the house. We get there, grab a couple of snacks, you know chips and some soda, pay and start to head back. On the way back it start pouring. Instead of going into the house as any reasonable child should do, we decided to jump into the pool fully clothes and go for a swim. It was a ton of fun, though probably dangerous if it had been lightening and thundering, which it wasn't.

Being around my biological grandparents, especially my grandmother. Spending silly times playing with my dolls while they watched.
    Blue. Hands down.
    Only one? Uhm... I am a foodie. I don't think I could possible answer this without thinking I have betrayed some of my top favorite foods buttttt, pizza! As long as I could pick the toppings and be able to change them... Can I not change the toppings? It doesn't have to be just one? Good.
    Great White, cause honestly they are so big and scary and RAWR!
    I actually have the following saying tattoo on my skin, so that's how important this saying is to me. It's "If you do, do." And to me that means if you want to do something don't let anymore or anything hold you back. Take charge and do it, no matter the consequences that life will hit you with later. Live and let go of the things that hold you back.
    Well, to be honest I want to be able to try everything at least once, so it's hard to pick on thing that I want to be. Probably a teacher, or someone who helps others with issues that they face.
    9. Do you have any pets?
    Sadly no. I use to have a beta fish and he lived for almost five years before passing away. And as a child I have had a couple of cats and dogs. But currently, no.
    On a house first off with everything paid off i.e. taxes and what not. Then give the rest to my friends. Some of them have been going through a bit of a struggle and are just trying to keep themselves afloat.

What- this person is, who?! Oh, that's right! The ever kind, beautiful and wonderful- AwkwardnessIsAwesome
    OooO, thats hard. I was say sense of smell, that way I'd eat more kinds of food.
    In 5th grade I was in my first musical as a lead character. It was fun and I felt like the coolest person.
    Meeting my Fiance.
    Greeeeen!
    Chicken fried rice...
    T-rex.
    Love your neighbor as yourself. I like this principal, even without the context of religion, because its the most basic you need in life to be a decent human being.
    I want to teach theatre. More than likely I will teach in a college.
    9. Do you have any pets?
    Yes! Two cats, three dogs, a turtle, two rats and a flamboyantly gay fish.
    I'd buy my dream home, help my parents pay off debt, pay for my siblings college and my Fiance's, and donate to charities.

And now for another newcomer to the RPA scene! You may have seen this one around, and watch out, their new roleplay is off the chain! It's Cassiopeia
    I'd probably go for smell! It would just seem that gives the least disadvantages - plus a couple of advantages when changing diapers or being in public bathrooms!
    My father took me to a theme park a couple of times a year. This one time, we went somewhere in October. Suddenly, monsters emerged from all over the place; without knowing, we visited the park during the Halloween Fright Nights event. I was so mesmerized by it; I turned to my dad and said "I HAVE to work here." Auditioned 3 years later (when I was old enough), and 6 years after that I'm still with the company
    It's a cliché answer, but I'd probably repeat 2015s Halloween. My colleagues are simply amazing and it was one of the happiest moments of my life.
    I've always been a sucker for red!
    PIZZA. Didn't even have to think about that one.
    Probably the Great White. I can imagine the shark is a lot more agile and may incapacitate the T-Rex in shallow waters while avoiding attacks and attempts at grabbing with his puny little arms.
    Every time is ice-cream-time.
    Because I live for ice-cream. Because my ex used to have several nightmares of me murdering him in gruesome ways if he denied me ice-cream. Because my husband still sometimes resolves fights by feeding me ice-cream.

Theatre-director, setting up interactive live events preferably Horror themed.
    9. Do you have any pets?
    Yes, two! A lady called 'Poes' (Puss in Dutch) and her son, 'May' (named after Captain Slow).
    I'd probably buy an old house for about half a mill that needs a lot of renovating/is uninhabitably ruined, and spend the rest of the cash on renovation supplies and store it all. So after the 24 hours of spending, I'd slowly start renovating it When it's finished I'd either live in it or double/triple my investment by selling it

And our final guest of the evening- the ever lovely and friendly, always-there-when-you-need-her....Megilwen!
    Sight.
    When I graduated High School my grandma and I went on a cruise around the British Isles. I was very close to my Grandma. We lived next door to her so I stayed with her nearly every weekend I could. So it was an amazing experience to have with her and I wouldn't change that for the world.
    Theres nothing I really regret. However if i could do anything again, I'd repeat college. Not because I don't feel I did it right the first time. It was just super fun an my college.
    I'm torn between Maroon, Red, and Lime Green
    Sushi. Hands down. There's such a variety and it's super delicious. Have I mentioned I love Sushi? I go so often here that they know my voice when I call. Which sounds terrible, but I don't care cause sushi is the bomb!
    The Great White. Because I'm pretty sure the T-Rex can't swim with those tiny little arms.
    The loneliest people are the kindest. The saddest people smile the brightest. The most damaged people are the wisest. All because they do not wish to see anyone else suffer the way they do.
    Anonymous

The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these."

These are probably both equally important and favorites. They both express important things to me. How I try to live (by loving everyone to the best of my ability) and that I don't wish anyone to feel pain and hurt (even if that means I have to feel it so that they don't have to).

A teacher. Since I was like in 4th grade. It changed a few times but I ended up back as a teacher.
    9. Do you have any pets?
    I have 4. One dog, a Great Pyrenees. She's about 120 pounds and thinks she's a lapdog. Then I have three cats. Two Russian blues that are brothers. Pounce has epilepsy. Bounce is fat, though my first vet said he was big boned. So he's a large cat in general. His paw is about the 3/4 of my palm. The last is Kovu, the kitten. I totally didn't intend on getting him, but he and his litter appeared on my grandma's porch the day before she died. They were a huge comfort for my entire family during that time and I had to make sure that at least one ended up in a good home. He's a shit though and if he continues to harass the older cats, I'm going to ship him to Sin.
    I'd spend it on my friends. Money doesn't bring happiness. Making others happy is much more fulfilling.

by Kicks
    For this month's issue there were no questionnaires submitted! So to fill up space in the spirit of all things pixie this month's advice column will include just basic suggestions and help!

"How to write an argumentative speech"
    This was pretty rough for me lately. I didn't want to participate in anything that would force me to get angry and upset. I didn't want to hear about those things either. So I tried to do something silly and funny! I begun to write my speech on Console vs PC gaming. It was going pretty well... For the first paragraph. A week passed before I realized I couldn't do it on something like this.
    I needed to do it on something I was really passionate about and something that was happening directly in my life at the moment.
    And so here's my advice for those having to write such a speech:

• Do it on something you care about. It makes it so much easier to write when you're actually passionate about something.
    • Research, research, research. College level speeches are notorious for dropping grades. The more you research your topic, the higher chance you receive at passing.
    • Don't do it all in one go. I tried that. Didn't work. Instead, take it in stride and really hammer it out in different sessions.
    • Seek tutoring! I'm quite the prideful individual so seeking help or advice comes with a struggle. But the tutoring center had candy. And it really helped as well! Had I not sought help at the tutoring center, I would have received a lower grade. And I learned to do APA formatting!

"Fighting Insomnia"
    I'm not exactly an expert on Insomnia... scientifically, anyways. But 14 years of struggling with chronic insomnia practically makes me one! not really but go with it Along the way I've picked up some tricks to share with other chronic (or otherwise) insomnia victims!

• Rain. Ever noticed how tired you are on rainy days? Well take that into your bedroom! There's a great site I found sometime ago that helps put me right to sleep! They play sounds of rain all through the night. Here!
    • Prepare things for the next day! If you know you have busy mornings, then prepare in advance. Pack your backpack, get your outfit, put out shoes and socks. Make your lunch! It also helps to save you time in the morning!
    • Get really, really nice sheets. I couldn't believe how big of a difference this made. Sheets were just sheets, I always believed... Until I got really nice sheets. When you feel comfortable and like a baby swaddled in angel wings, you're guaranteed to have a better night's rest.
    • Get a book. Not something that will keep you page turning or on the edge of your seat. I hate to say it but the Bible works really well for this. Reading helps to relax you, and if it's something that isn't exactly mind captivating it'll probably put you to sleep within minutes.
    • Read buzzfeed articles. I discovered buzzfeed forever ago... as well as how tired I get when I marathon read their articles. Just don't read the scary ones before bed.

Have more ideas to help fight insomnia? PM me and you will be featured in the next month's edition of this advice column!
    Need advice? Send in a question to me and you will be featured next month!

My Son; My Sun.
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)

by Breggo13

Each month, we will give one sign a special in depth explanation! This month is is.......*drumroll*.......ARIES!!!!

Aries is the first of the zodiac signs. Aries is the sign of the self, people born under this sign strongly project their personalities onto others and can be very self-oriented. Aries tend to venture out into the world and leave impressions on others that they are exciting, vibrant and talkative. Aries tend to live adventurous lives and like to be the center of attention, but rightly so since they are natural, confident leaders. Aries are enthusiastic about their goals and enjoy the thrill of the hunt, "wanting is always better then getting" is a good way to sum it up. Aries are very impulsive and usually do not think before they act - or speak. Too often Aries will say whatever pops into their head and usually end up regretting it later!

Curious to learn more??? Check it out below!

Spoiler: Aries Explained 

FIRE SIGNS

Aries - The Ram
    (March 21st - April 20th)

Winter is still hanging around, but you are more than ready for SPRING! Don’t wait for the weather to change, try wearing brighter colors and using your vibrant energy to bring the ‘feel’ of spring in early! Aries, you can be the trend setters for the rest of us. Your positive attitude matters in more ways than you may realize. There are many people around you that look to you for guidance and support. When you have a great attitude, then they will too!

There are many chances for you to get ahead in your career this month. Don’t push yourself and think that you have to ‘show off’ in order to get the attention of those in the positions to promote you. Take your time and do your best. Your natural talent will shine through and that alone will get you the promotion.

When it comes to love this month, what you are looking for is someone who will take the time to really get to know the real you. The more spiritual the connection, the happier you will be!

Leo - The Lion
    (July 24 - August 23)

Someone from your past wants desperately to come back into your life. The problem is that this person is afraid to tell you how he or she really feels. The pressure is on the other person, not on you, so sit tight and when this person comes around again, then you will have the opportunity to make your decision regarding this situation. If you want to put this whole thing in the past… this will be the time to do it. If you want to try again and see where the new relationship takes you… this is a good time for that too. Search your heart for the right answer to this dilemma and don’t make a big dramatic situation out of it all.

Sagittarius - The Archer
    (November 23 - December 22)

the focus is very much on the home: this may be the month you decide to move home, convert the loft, build a garage, an extension or even a pool. Your impetus to change your home could come from a few places, i.e. a new baby, a parent coming to live with you, a child coming back home after university or maybe you are changing a room into an office or workplace so that you can work from home.

Family matters may be the driving force for you moving home as well. If you moved a long way away from home in order to get a job, you might begin to think about moving back to your hometown. March 2016 it is certainly a month when your home will change to adapt to your changing needs. Improvements made last month may help you sell or may give you the drive to make the bigger changes now needed.

EARTH SIGNS

Taurus - The Bull
    (April 21st - May 21st)

Making money… and lots of it… will be your top priority this month. Your need to feel secure with your financial status is more important to you now than it has been in a very long time. You will not want to playing ‘ a waiting game’ concerning your career. You want to be on the top and if your current employment doesn’t give you that option then it’s going to be very easy for you to say goodbye and move onto something much better.

Virgo - The Virgin
    (August 24 - September 23)

Too many times in your life you have said ‘no’ when you really meant ‘yes.’ Wait no longer. You should begin to feel that life is moving in a whole new direction and that you are beginning to look forward to these changes. You don’t mind getting older, but you just want your life to have more meaning. Happiness used to be something that ‘other’ people had, and if you did have a bit of it… it only seemed temporary. This month of March can begin to change all of that.

Capricorn - The Sea Goat
    (December 23 - January 20)

Learning is important, but what you do not want to do is think you know something and then go on the hunt for people who agree with you or look for facts which support what you already think. True learning is about challenging our ideas, and in March 2016 you should not cling to any opinions or theories which are outdated. Information is coming at you quickly, and you need to be adaptable in your thinking – old methods of dealing with things may not work, and you need to widen your options.

If you have been putting something off, now is the time to tackle it – it may be an essay or letter you need to write, a form you need to fill out, or errand you need to run. You may actually be putting something off for no good reason at all – the best way is to tackle it and get it sorted out before the thing you are putting off becomes an even bigger hurdle in your mind. If this thing you are putting off involves telling someone something difficult, be very tactful, the longer you leave it the harder it will be, and so act now because delaying may well be harming the other person, as well.

AIR SIGNS

Gemini - The Twins
    (May 22 - June 21)

Intellectual stimulation is a desire that you have had for a very long time. When this desire is filled, you can be the happiest person on the planet. This month of March will give you plenty of opportunities to stretch your mind as well as your social life. Just remember: Great minds DO think a like!

Libra - The Scales
    (September 24 - October 23)

For some unusual reason, Libra’s are going through a short period of time now where you may feel that your memory is slipping. Try to be patient with yourself. You are a great multi-tasker and you have been doing so many things for so long that your mind and your body are asking you to take a break! Do what your mind and body are asking of you and things will turn out fine.

Aquarius - The Water Bearer
    (January 21 - February 19)

The urge to be extravagant and to buy things which make you feel good is high right now, and yes, we all love some retail therapy, and what is wrong with enjoying yourself? However, make sure what you do spend on really does make you happy, and it is not a quick fix or a rush that leaves you feeling empty and unfulfilled later. You are after quick fixes in March 2016, but you really do need to look inside and think about what you need for longer term satisfaction.

Aquarians are plagued in the early stages of this year with a need to prove themselves in ways that are not ultimately very nourishing: so what if everyone thinks you have a cool car or a designer label? When you are alone, do those same things that give you kudos make you happy? The things that make others happy and which other people value are not often the things which make the Aquarian happy – you are a maverick who must live to your own unique set of rules and values, things which make live valuable for you. So, be extravagant and spoil yourself by all means, but make sure you do it your way and on your own terms.

WATER SIGNS

Cancer - The Crab
    (June 22 - July 23)

Changes seem to be happening that are totally out of your control. Don’t get depressed over what ‘seems’ to be a problem, look at these issues from another more positive point of view. Could these issues be the Universe’s way of telling you to get up and move onto something better for yourself? Career changes can be quite exciting. Apply for positions that have a great interest for you. As spring approaches you are going to want to start traveling and meeting new people. You will have lots of opportunities to do this so you might as well put away your fears and start seeing life from a whole new perspective.

Scorpio - The Scorpian
    (October 24 - November 22)

Its time to dig beneath the surface and figure out what exactly has been truly bothering you. You may think that its one thing, only to find out that it’s totally something else. Until you figure out what makes you ‘tick’ everything else around you is going to seem like a big blur and you are going to find that you are acting in ways that seem unusual to ‘who you really are.’ Get a notebook and write down things that bother you as soon as they appear in your life.

Pisces - The Fish
    (February 20 - March 20)

This month is a very important month for Pisces as the solar eclipse is giving you a boost of energy and personal power. This is a wonderful time to start new projects and initiate new activities that can take your life in an exciting new direction. March 2016 is also a month of health turnabouts – take your health in hand and look into new diets, fitness regimes or lifestyles that can improve your energy, the way you feel about yourself and your vitality. I know we often do what I said in the last paragraph and fail, but this time you can succeed and really make a difference to your mental and physical states, becoming more motivated and happier too.

Pisces, March is a month when you feel a greater sense of self and of the power you have to direct your life – it is a time of decisions and of taking the reins into your hands. It is also a phase in your life when by being more assertive and insistent on following your callings, you can develop better inter-personal relationships. Passive aggression is not an issue right now as you feel able to express yourself and take center stage in your life, not playing second fiddle to any person.

by Buttercup

Chocolate Lava

With spring in the air I wanted to do something decadent and sinful to the core. What could be more addicting than a molten chocolate lava cake with two scoops of ice cream on the top?

Ingredients are Playful

The ingredients are actually very versatile, depending on how health conscious you are. Then again... chocolate.

The original recipe I came across calls for:

One stick butter
    4oz milk chocolate (I use semi-sweet)
    1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
    1/2 cup flour
    1 tbsp vanilla
    2 eggs
    3 egg yolks

Basically the recipe is the same for both versions, though one replaces the butter with honey and uses one cup on honey. I did this when I realized we didn't have any butter and it came out so sweet and gooey, you couldn't tell the difference.

Basically you melt the butter and chocolate together for one minute in the microwave, and then whisk together until it's blended. To that, add the sugar and flour and fold together until smooth. Whip in the eggs and egg yolk, as well as the vanilla.

Take four ramnikins and spray with butter spray, then fill 3/4 full. I like to add Reeces peanut butter chips in the middle of mine- I'm a peanut butter fanatic. Bake at 425F until the edges and top have hardened, about 13-15 minutes.

The fun part is when they come out. If you want to eat it in the dish with ice cream on the side, that's fine. If not- take a small, flat dinner plate and place it on top of the cake with the food side down and bottom up. Hold it tight together, then flip and set on a table. It takes a few times to get it right (believe me, I know!) but the results are stunning when you drop a spoonful of sweetness on top.

Feel free to sprinkle on cinnamon and whatever other toppings you'd like. You can use either milk chocolate bars or guesstimate with a bag of chocolate chips. Either way- chocolate explosion.

My Son; My Sun.
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)

To celebrate easter, the Tribune is hosting an egg hunt! Four eggs have been hidden around the forum for you to find! Locate at least three of them, and PM the locations to any Tribune staff member to win a shiny rep prize! Winners will also be featured in the next edition of the Tribune.

Hint: Eggs will only be in the first postof a thread.

by Breggo13

Hey ya'll! You read the title, you know what's up! That's right! The RPA Tribune will now have a monthly "Caption This" contest! *round of thunderous applause and hitting axes against shields*

The rules are simple - each month, I will provide you with two funny images off the internet. Your job is to come up with a funny comment, caption or speech bubble for one of the two images (or both if you are super inspired). You will have three weeks to submit your caption to any of the Tribune staff members. During the last week, the two funniest captions will be selected by the staff and featured in the next release of the tribune.

Find a funny image that you think will fit? Feel free to send it my way and who knows - perhaps it will be the next to participate in "Caption This".

Rules:
    - All RPA rules apply
    - Limit only one submission per picture (max two submissions each month)
    - Be creative! Don't copy memes already made!
    - Have fun!

Spoiler: Caption 2.1 

Spoiler: Caption 2.2 

by G

Whose Sig???

How well do you know RPA's members? PM G or any member of the Tribune Team with the names of three members to whom these sigs belong and receive a shiny rep prize!

-

Crossword

Across

• 2. Member with a shakespearean-esque name.
    • 5. A member whose lofty post count has an award in it's honour.
    • 8. A place to relax, play games and socialise
    • 11. Annual writing month on RPA
    Down

• 1. The section for roleplays between only two people
    • 3. A fantasy world where members become adventurers
    • 4. A member renowned for their skill with graphics
    • 6. Winner of 'the Chameleon' award 2015
    • 7. The first month of the year on RPA
    • 9. Annual fighting event on RPA
    • 10. The colour of the names of RPA's administrators