Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The children of UKC

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

Do you have class in mind you want it to go with or?

PM me your ideas

Willshaper
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Semi realistic, and fantasy, with a pinch of Sci Fi
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Sorry about not getting back sooner, I was attending my precinct caucus.

"Life before death,
    Strength before weakness,
    Journey before destination."
    -The First Ideal

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

Updated the CS into the first post, plus finished mine

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

Name: Jaylyn Sinclair

Kingdom: Aerosia

Homeland: The capital of Burg, Aerosia

Appearance: Jaylyn’s parents both had blond hair and green eyes, and of course, their daughter inherited those traits. Her light hair is faded to almost a platinum blond from her long days in the sun, which combined with her tan skin gives the perfect picture of summertime. Her easy smile is accented with rosy, dimpled cheeks, flushed lips, and straight, white teeth. She stands slightly shorter than what would be considered common, but still managed to grow taller than her mother. Jaylyn’s body is lean and is clearly used to its full, athletic potential on a daily basis, but she lacks (and secretly envies) the womanly curves that some of her friends have acquired.

Class: Healer in training

Weapons: Two flintlock pistols, a gift from her father, ride low on her hips. The girl also always keeps a dagger hidden in her leather boot, less for self defense, and more as an act of defiance as her mother refuses to allow Jaylyn to wear her other weapons inside the house.

Clothing: She usually chooses clothing for comfort rather than fashion, and the young girl never, ever chooses a skirt. Her usual outfits consist of fitted pants and a loose, flowing top. In colder weather, she prefers a man’s jacket to a cloak.

Accessories: As a surprising feminine touch, she does like wearing jewelry, and she often has jingling bracelets and a long necklace. Her hair is often tied into a high ponytail with ribbons of green and gold, or dotted with seashells that she collected on a nearby shore.

Special Abilities:
    ~Minor healing: the ability to heal minor cuts, bruises, and other wounds on her own power
    ~Minor cleansing: the ability to cleanse a body of non-life threatening poisons
    ~Knowledge of medicines: Jaylyn has been trained in creating and mixing potions and medicines from natural and manufactured ingredients. This includes an extensive knowledge of plants and their uses.
    ~Empathy: When using her healing powers, Jaylyn can feel what her patient is feeling. This can be a boon or a curse, as it can help her find the sources sickness, or can impede her abilities when having to work through the pain.

Likes: Open spaces, the smell of nature, new things, and the family dog.

Dislikes: Staying indoors, restrictions, when someone withholds information from her

Persona: Despite her minimal stature, Jaylyn is a spunky, excitable explorer. She knows the land around her home like the back of her hand, but still searches it thoroughly every day in hopes of finding something new. During the rare time she spends resting and relaxing, the girl revels in the smell of the nearby ocean, wondering what adventures lie beyond the waves. She has a friendly attitude, and a quick wit, but lacks patience. Everything about her is fast and in the moment.

Brief History: It took some time for her parents to decide on a permanent home, as both her parents had been wanderers in their youth. Eventually they settled on the quiet island of Aerosia, in the coastal town of Burg. Wren, a healer, easily found work in the city, and Raphael, formerly a pirate, still was able to sail the seas he loved as the captain of a merchant ship. While they had previously been adventurers, the couple wanted a more quiet, secure life for their only child as she grew. Jaylyn inherited her mother’s ease in learning the ways of healing, and Wren did her best to train the girl to follow her in that profession. But Jaylyn also inherited her father’s wanderlust, and training with her mother was not without complaint. She had trouble paying attention to her lessons, her eyes constantly roaming to a window and her mind drifting to imaginary adventures in far off lands.

Frustrated, and a bit worried that her daughter would run off on some perilous voyage the first chance she got, Wren consented to allow her husband to teach her how to use his firearms and the art of fencing. She also did her best to allow Jaylyn to burn off her nearly endless supply of energy by wandering the land around their home unsupervised. The doting mother fretted whenever her daughter was out of sight, and she always wished the girl would change her mind and choose a healer’s path. Raphael, on the other hand, took great pride in his little girl who could outrun most of the boys in town and brawl with the best of them.

Kin (family): Raphael Sinclair (father), and Wren Avari Sinclair (mother)

In case of absent who will replace me: Kris or Mysti (as you know, I’m sure!)

The dog Strahl

Willshaper
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Name: Cliven Crane
    kingdom: Aerosia
    Homeland: Cliven forsook his homeland long ago
    Appearance: A tall man (200cm) Cliven Crane is weathered looking soul His hair is a dark brown and is grown as long as his ears. His face is adorned with stubble and his tanned to the point of being sun damaged. The rest of him hasn't faired much better with the hard life of the trail taking it's toll.
    Cliven is muscular by necessity and bears his fair share of scars throughout his body. Though don't expect to see them.
    Class: Roughrider
    Weapons: A weathered Lever Action rifle and a Revolver. Both chambered for the same cartridge.
    Rifle, with an approximate length of 38" this short "Carbine" can hold about six rounds before needing to reload.
    Revolver: A run-of-the-mill Single Action Revolver, holds six rounds.
    Bowie Knife, A tool more than a weapon. A good knife is always a welcome addition when you live out in the wilds.
    Clothing: Hardy trousers and a shirt comprise the base layer of This weathered man's clothing. On his feet he wears sturdy leather boots fit for riding long distances. Over his shirt is first a no frills vest with small pockets and over that is a single bandolier holding cartridges of a pistol caliber. Over everything a leather duster is worn for protection from the sun and for warmth at night. Cliven wears a wide brimmed cowhide hat and leather gloves rounding out his rough appearance
    Accessories: various beads and minor trophies. most importantly a single charm woven into his hair which he claims is for good luck.
    Special Abilities: (ask me first)
    Likes: A good tavern, strong coffee, Privacy, the occasional baked treat.
    Dislikes: Crowded places, loud obnoxious people, Cheats, Overbearing rules and regulations
    Persona: A man shrouded in mystery
    Brief History:What is said about Cliven is mostly rumor. However what those rumors say does hit very close to fact.
    Cliven was for the most part of his life a bandit of sorts. And a good one to, he and his gang had made a name for themselves hitting caravans as they made their way across Sigard. taking some wealth, ad leaving in a whirlwind. Usually everyone came out alive and the targets could recover, after all why just take everything. Better to leave them with enough to come back and get hit again.

Unfortunatly one heist went wrong. Several were killed and to make a long story short Cliven has to watch his back for both his former gang and the autorites. Left on his own Cliven eventually found himself near an outpost that he later discovered was dedicated to reserch with a goal of improving the odds of normal soldiers against magic users. Cliven snuck in and made his way what was apparently an assembly area where a firearm of the most unusual design. Alnog with it as apparently a revolving chamber pistol designed to work with the newly introduced metal cartidges. At that time the alarm was raised and Cliven, ever the oprtunist snagged both guns and bolted on a stolen horse he later named Avel.

Now with the autorites hot on his trail Cliven made the choice to leave Sigard, Cliven made his way to a port city and bought the cheapest ticket he could and threw his fate to the wind.

Kin (family): All deceased.
    In case of absent who will replace me: I'm almost never missing.

Still working on refinements but this is what I have so far.
    Last edited by Derpnaster; 03-27-2016 at 09:26 PM.

"Life before death,
    -The First Ideal

A Storm Is Coming
    fantasy, SF, horror, romance, western, historical fiction, anime/manga, paranormal
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

How did I not see this sooner!?

And an Andun child is taken! Argh!

Also, is black powder a thing in this fantasy world? I didn't recall it last time
    Last edited by StormWolf; 03-24-2016 at 12:56 AM.

Willshaper
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Dude I'm using smokeless powder.

"Life before death,
    -The First Ideal

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by StormWolf View Post
    How did I not see this sooner!?

And an Andun child is taken! Argh!

Also, is black powder a thing in this fantasy world? I didn't recall it last time
    Black powder?

Willshaper
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

An early propellant used in muzzleloading firearms,
    Known for its black cloud produced after it exposes.

It's effectively the precursor to what we know as gunpowder. Though not modern smokeless ball or rod powder used in centerfire cartridges.
    Last edited by Derpnaster; 03-24-2016 at 02:03 AM.

"Life before death,
    -The First Ideal

A Storm Is Coming
    fantasy, SF, horror, romance, western, historical fiction, anime/manga, paranormal
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

How in the hell did UKC go from bows and arrows to smokeless powder in less than two decades?

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast