Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New Peaks Academy: Fight School (OOC/Signup)

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Sci-fi, Modern
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've never done anything like this before, but it sounds interesting.

Name: Kacy Hart
    ID Number: 53749526
    Year: 1st Year
    Nationality: Fil-Am (3/4 American)
    Appearance:
    Spoiler: Picture 

Fighting Style: Yaw-Yan or Filipino Kickboxing. It is a Filipino hard-style martial art that resembles Muay Thai and San Shou, but with many kicks like in Taekwondo. It is an 8-contact point fighting style using fists, elbows, feet, and knees to strike.

Powers: Minor Healing. She can use her power with other people as well, but it takes more energy to do so than if she would heal herself. Scratches and tiny cuts only take a few seconds and requires hardly any energy right now (She trained her powers). Bruises and deeper cuts take longer, ranging on about 3-30 minutes depending on the severity, and will use up a larger amount of energy, usually making her want to take a power nap afterwards. She can slow down her recovery rate, which will heal longer but takes less energy. She cannot completely heal more severe injuries like fractures and internal bleeding, but she can lessen the damage to an extent.

Personality: Due to her family's wealthy status, she learned not to oblige to all of her friends' requests. She is a strong person on her own and rarely relies too much on other people for her own sake, but she is a sociable person and likes to meet new people because they don't know about her family's wealth. She is the type of person to go with the flow of things and see where it would take her. She is also kind and would help people unless she absolutely hated them. She is competitive and wants to win, but accepts losses fairly easily because she knew she did her best. She may be kind and gentle, but when it comes to fighting, she does not hold back on her opponent, even if it is a friend.

Background: Kacy comes from a wealthy family with her parents owning one of the biggest fitness center chains in America, and producing training equipment. She has an older brother who will mostly take over their parent's business, leaving her with more freedom than him. Of course, she will also have responsibilities in their business, but not as much as her sibling.

Her parents are enthusiasts of Martial Arts. This passion was also passed down to their children, with it being more evident on Kacy. When she was about 5, she told her parents she wanted to learn, but they said she was too young. However, they allowed her to watch different types of it and travelled to other countries with her brother to see which interested her the most. It was through a website that she discovered Filipino kickboxing, and convinced her parents to send her to the Philippines. They agreed when she was 10.

Every summer, she would go to the Philippines to train in one of the training centers for women. She was first unable to adjust, since this martial art was usually for the poor, and she stood out very much, with her being young and mostly American. But with her ability to speak Filipino due to her mother, she was able to make friends with the older practitioners and fit in. And she was able to speak the language more fluently. However, her yearly summer training managed to weaken her friendships in the US, only being able to talk to them during school.

One day, she happened to hit her knee on the edge of a wooden table and got a long cut. Magically, the cut began to heal itself until it looked like it never existed. Though afterwards she felt a bit tired. She had contemplated telling her parents but decided to keep it a secret to herself.

When she heard of New Peaks Academy, she immediately wanted to enroll there. She thought that it was her chance to show her skills in Martial Arts and better herself at it. She asked her parents to let her study there, and they let her, knowing that this was what she wanted for herself. Their eyes did pop out of their sockets when they saw the tuition fee, but seeing as they have big income in their business, they were able to pay for it.

First Rule of Fight School, Don't Fail Fight School.
    Last edited by ASplashOfMusic; 04-03-2016 at 04:06 AM. Reason: Correcting

Scifi, Fantasy, Action
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Fair enough.

For the record I don't know anything about Naruto. I thought that it might be fun to not know everything about everybody's characters going in, but I guess that is just a personal preference. Thanks for the consideration, all the same.
    Last edited by Dead Empty; 03-31-2016 at 06:52 AM.

I really like all genres, And I really hate choosing just one but if I had to choose it's probably--
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Finished.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Oh yeah. Forgot to add something to my CS.

"Thank you, Master."
    "You're welcome, My Padawan."

Antivan Crow
    No Romance or Furry.
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Reviews incoming posted below.

Spoiler: Review for Bemuse 

Spoiler: Review for ElizabethStark 

Spoiler: Review for ASplashOfMusic 

Spoiler: Review for Dead Empty 
    Last edited by Salroka; 03-31-2016 at 06:22 AM.
    Spoiler: Neat Stuff Within 

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

I guess I didn't do my CS well due to my stupid phone, and research was hard to do. & I did finish it too quickly. But now I'm super bleh. I'll redo the whole thing when I'm able to get on my correct device thing.

"Thank you, Master."
    "You're welcome, My Padawan."

I really like all genres, And I really hate choosing just one but if I had to choose it's probably--
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I shall get onto that tomorrow.

Antivan Crow
    No Romance or Furry.
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ElizabethStark View Post
    I guess I didn't do my CS well due to my stupid phone, and research was hard to do. & I did finish it too quickly. But now I'm super bleh. I'll redo the whole thing when I'm able to get on my correct device thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bemuse View Post
    I shall get onto that tomorrow.

There's no rush. Take your time.
    Last edited by Salroka; 03-31-2016 at 06:21 AM.

Immortal Goddess
    Fantasy, Yaoi, Romance, Adventure
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Name: Kyami Xiang Yi
    I.D. Number: 00793266
    Year: 1st Year
    Nationality: Asian/Hispanic
    Sex/Gender: Male
    Appearance:

Fighting Style: Wushu (Chinese Martial Arts) hailing from the Northern and Southern Styles, Kyami is a practitioner of Tàijíquán (Tai Chi). He has studied Tàijíquán since the age of eight.
    Tàijíquán (Tai Chi) – Jinying—san duan: Gold Eagle (2nd Grade)
    **Mixes Southern Style and Northern Style, Northern Style being more graceful and involving kicks while the Southern Style being more forceful and involving fist and arms.

Powers: Electrical Impulse – Kyami has the ability to generate electricity within his body and force it to his hands and feet to deliver faster and stronger blows. Electricity generates heat, and heat can burn, so to can his, but only a slight burn that would leave a bruise and nothing more. It is strong enough to dry out spots of water on a table. The electricity is strong enough to cause electric shock that won’t kill, but give a nasty shock that can cause muscle spasms.

Personality: Kyami believes in respect and honor and thusly will only respect those who have gained his respect and expects the same. He is strong, and dangerously intelligent. Kyami believes that everyone deserves a second chance, and in most cases will try to not serious injure anyone in a fight, but will simply try to subdue them. He knows he’s strong, he knows he can fight and he knows that others will know this, but he is humble.

Background: Born to a Tai Chi instructor and a doctor, Kyami has always been a hard worker and a determined individual. Kyami looks nothing like his mother’s Hispanic heritage, instead his father’s genes took over for the most part although some of the Hispanic beneficial genes from his mother’s side came through. Even though he comes from a very wealthy upbringing he does not take anything for granted. Kyami was raised differently by his mother and father. His father believed in hard work and perseverance. He started training Kyami at an early age in the art of Tai Chi. This was against his wife’s wishes because she raised Kyami to go to school and become something more than a fighter. Although his father agreed, he continued to train Kyami.

One day while he was training with his father and his mother was off doing who knows what, his father told him that he only wanted the best for him. He told him that all the training he was doing was to prepare him for a school that his father had heard of. Curious Kyami asked what school it was, and his father told him it was known as New Peaks, a Fight School for those all around the world who felt that they had what it took to make it through. Kyami was in his last year of middle school when his father told him this. He showed him the brochures, the website and any information that Kyami needed to see.

“We need to train harder Kyami, and we need to train that special ability of yours,” his father would say. Kyami was amazed that a school like New Peaks actually existed, but he was both excited and nervous.

“Dad it means I’ll have to leave you and mom, and look how much it costs,” he’d reply and his dad would simply laugh. “What about mom?” he had asked but his father simply smiled.

“I’ll handle it, don’t you worry, just focus on training and doing your part, that is if you want to go.”

He had left the decision up to Kyami to attend New Peaks, and how could the young teenager say no to an opportunity of a lifetime? The time came for his father to tell his mother and Kyami was not ready for the words that came out of his mother’s mouth directed to his father. She literally called him things he had never heard. Kyami stayed out of it, he didn’t want to make it any worse than what it already was. Eventually, and with heavy persuasion from Kyami’s grandparents, his mother finally agreed, and with only a few weeks to spare before registration. Kyami trained constantly, honing his skills, building his knowledge. It takes more than brawn to fight, one must also have brains. Kyami got all necessary paperwork and all done before the deadline and now he’s come to a point in his life in which he will have to literally fight to pass the prestigious academy.

A thing you should know about his parents is that they are extremely wealthy. Owning companies in nearly every country. They live lavishly and they expect Kyami to do the same.. They are strict. His father sent him to New Peaks with the promise that he would focus on school work and graduating. He didn't want him to focus on relationships or any type of factions or groups. His mother was the same way, and yet he had promised them he'd try.

Since his arrival at New Peak he has accomplished a lot. He dated Kyle for a while before they broke up. He was third place in the school wide tournament, and he slipped into depression. Shortly after his slip into depression he began dating Jun. Jun has helped him a lot in coming to terms with his depression; however, he does have moments in which his emotions peak and he has no control over it. He also joined Imperius Gloria, but doesn't know why he's there or what he's going to do. He's currently focusing on his studies and getting good grades, and he's been spending a lot of time with Jun and rebuilding the friendship with Kyle.

Other: First Rule of Fight School….Don’t Fail Fight School…… Also Kyami carries around a fighting fan, he loves them and he has a collection. He can fight with them as well and they are his weapon of choice when he fights, but the ones he carries he simply fans himself with unless he is attacked.… Also Kyami carries around a fighting fan, he loves them and he has a collection. He can fight with them as well and they are his weapon of choice when he fights, but the ones he carries he simply fans himself with unless he is attacked.
    Last edited by RisingPhoenix; 03-31-2016 at 08:29 AM.
    Special thanks to Poison Ivy for the awesome sig and avy set.
    Spoiler: The Return of a Story You May Want to Join!! 
    Follow me on Twitter JP_Yolance *Follow me on TikTok Divine Divia JP
    *Follow me on WattpadJeimseu P

Antivan Crow
    No Romance or Furry.
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Kyami is approved and added to the roster.

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast