Page 1 of 26 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Peaks Academy: Fight School (OOC/Signup)

Antivan Crow
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    No Romance or Furry.
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Default New Peaks Academy: Fight School (OOC/Signup)

Original Concept by a friend known as ImportantNobody, from another site
    Click HERE for our IC Thread!
    Introduction

Welcome to New Peaks Academy, also known as Fight School! Normal classes do exist, but I can assume that's not the main reason you're here. No, you're likely interested in the many fights to be had; officially sanctioned or otherwise, 1 vs. 1, team battles, and even tournaments... all taking place within the same continuity. Friendships and rivalries will be formed. Great victories will be attained and bitter defeats will be endured. For better of for worse, the memories of your adventures while attending New Peaks High for these four years will last a lifetime. They will mold you from an unknown fighter to a champion worthy of worldwide recognition.

English is the official language of communication at New Peaks. The high school is located on a private island in the Pacific Ocean, and was started by a wealthy group of investors from the United States. While English is the most commonly spoken language at the school, translators are on staff for any student who is not fluent in the language. As it is technically an international academy, any and all forms of martial arts are welcomed, if not already represented among the student body and staff.

This thread's IC will be used for both the fights and the normal character interaction. That being said, and Player-versus-Player fight posts should have a title at the top that states _______ vs. _______.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler: The Story So Far 

The Challenge Board

Fights between students, from 1 vs. 1 to a team battle of any number of students, can be done at any time as long as someone submits a form to the Challenge Board, all student involved signs their name, and a stamp of approval is placed on the form. This will be represented in this OOC by the challenger posting something like this:

"I, (insert here the name of the student you will be using as well as any other allies), challenge (name of any opposing students listed here) to a battle at Arena (insert the number here of any arena not being used at the same time in the storyline)." … or something similar that signifies your challenge to another player. You can also just say: "Hey (player/member name). Want to have our characters scrap?"

The boards are posted all over campus, as well as directly to the smartphones/tablets/etc of any student who wishes to get notices that way.

Everyone involved must make it clear in the OOC that they will be participating, and then I or any other GM I may appoint will approve it.

Tournaments

There's a school-wide tournament taking place every year at midterms and finals. All students are required to attend. I will likely use a tournament randomizer to make the brackets to ensure impartiality.

Special tournaments may be created through popular demand with specific attributes in mind. For example, MMA, kendo, and so on... so players can occasionally have different rule sets than normal. Not everyone has to attend these, but may submit their intention to do so.

Tournaments will be announced ahead of time, giving players time to wrap up any personal plot or interesting developments that are occuring for them. During the tourney, non-tournament IC activity should be kept to a minimum

Unsanctioned Fights

This is always an option and you can ignore all the rules as long as everyone involved agrees on any deviations taking place. For example, you can agree on a fight to break out in the hallway, but if you want to pull a knife on them then make sure to ask for permission beforehand.

However... unsanctioned fights will have consequences if they are not done properly or if a player gets caught by an instructor. These consequences vary in severity depending on the fight itself. If you are caught in an unsanctioned match that breaks very few rules, then they will be fairly trivial. If you're being a bully, you might get suspended. If you actively tried to kill a fellow student, you might just be expelled.

Ranking

Students are ranked between E to S after showing their abilities through various tests encompassing every facet of what makes a skilled fighter. It's still possible for a rank E to beat a rank S... but that would be highly unlikely. E-rank is for the average joe or below who has yet to receive much or any proper training. Every increase in rank is generally though of as being significantly more talented than the rank below it, much like a belt system in organized martial arts.

NPC Students are often rank E to D in their first year, D to C in their second year, C to B in their third year, and B or A in their forth year. Player Characters will likely scale higher than this, of course... they're player characters, after all. S-Rank are the exceptionally skilled, people who received additional training after graduation, and/or are instructors... so most NPC students never reach this rank.

There's an additional 1 to 3 ranking after the letter for even more precise ranking, so a D1 would be close to C in rank while a C3 would be among the weakest of the C ranks.

To increase in rank you must pass a test in a ceremony specifically designed to allow this. (that is to say, if you think your character can achieve a higher rank, PM me and we can talk about it) Even if you are as good as a C rank, for example, you'll stay a D1 until you pass. There's a ceremony every semester that you may take part in, as well as being awarded advancement for strong performances in PvP combat.

Fighting System

Player Vs. Player combat is decided by a roll of the dice if the two players cannot simply agree on a winner... OR if they just want to randomize it, with the winner having the higher result. An example will follow.

Spoiler: Dice Mechanics 

That said, I don't want the person with the lower result to just half-ass it for the fight they get into. I WILL give rewards to people who can make a fight entertaining regardless of if they win or lose.

Spoiler: Read if unfamiliar with Arena-Style combat 

Spoiler: Read if familiar with Arena-Style combat 

Grades

This is just for fun, but may help explain why students fight more than just the giggles. They get 60 out of 100 points from their normal classes and 40 points put into the fighting portion. If they score a 70 in total... they pass, but if they want to fight as little as possible, that will require near perfect scores going into the 60 possible points out of 100 for the academic portion and at LEAST 10 points for fighting, ending them with a max of 10 if they had fought and scored 0 points in the tournaments.

For every fight you participate in, you receive 1 point toward your final GPA. This ensures that everyone fights at least a couple dozen times throughout the year to ensure their grades are good. However, you can only earn a maximum of 50 points through fighting. This ensures that prolific fighters cannot neglect their studies.

If your character ends up failing then they can make it up in a summer school training program. The lower your score is the more hard work you suffer through.

Magic, Powers, and Martial Arts

Characters will be of similar power to what can be seen from many fighting games such as Street Fighter, King of Fighters, Tekken, etc. There can be magical abilities of varying nature as long as it isn't powerful enough to give you a definitive advantage over fighters without magic. For example, Blanka from Street Fighter can shoot electricity out of his skin, but he's still able to be defeated by someone without any such magical powers. His electricity cannot instantly fry their heart, it's not always on, not so fast nobody can see it coming and not able to avoid it, etc. There must be considerable disadvantages either to the magic or other qualities of the fighter to balance things out. Magic should also follow a theme, so no "I can do everything" magic.

As for non-magical fighting, it will involve some suspension of disbelief. The fighters will be able to act around peak human and not blatantly break the laws of physics, although may have some highly unlikely fighting ability being demonstrated. You can be knocked back dramatically and slam into walls and still keep fighting, do flip kicks, run along walls for brief moments, etc. Obviously, for someone without magic, they'd probably be better at this sort of fighting in exchange.

Vital Spirit is the energy of the soul that every living creature has. This can be used to hand wave certain normally lethal damage as only incapacitating then to help avoid accidentally killing each other too often. Of course people can still die, it's just harder to do so if they have plot armor given to them by this excuse. The energy that provides for magic is called chi/ki/aura, and is the detectible energy felt resonating from a person, especially more powerful individuals. Examples being if a D-Rank character angers an S-Rank character, they will be able to “feel” the strength and power of that person to some extent.

Martial Arts can be chosen from any of the hundreds of various styles that exist in the world today, made up (if described well enough), or hybridized styles like MMA or Kajukenbo. For a nice assortment of basic styles to choose from, click HERE.

The Campus

New Peaks Academy is a sprawling campus, with several buildings that house the various classrooms. In addition, off of the school grounds there are same-sex dorms where the students live. Sorry... no Co-Ed stuff here. The staff knows you're all a bunch of hormone-ridden teens. Other than the dorms, there are several restaurants that the students and faculty can stop at to eat, shops to get books and games and trinkets, a couple parks to relax in (complete with those charcoal grills you see in some parks, if you feel like having a cookout!), and a grocery store where you can buy foodstuffs to take back to your dorm.

To this end, students are given a stipend of $200 USD per month to spend as they see fit. This means if you blow it all on that game console you wanted... you better have some way to get food for yourself. Students CAN take part-time jobs if they choose to.

Click HERE for a map of the campus.

Dorm Room Layouts

Male Dorms 1: Single-Floor Building, spacious studio-style dorms. Click HERE for floor plan.

Male Dorms 2: Used mainly for students attending on Scholarship or Outreach Programs. Two-Story building, Studio-style dorms. Click HERE for floor plan.

Male Dorms 3: Single-Floor Building, Luxurious Studio-Style Dorms w/ small deck. Click HERE for floor plan.

================================================== =================================

Female Dorms 1: Single-Floor Building, Studio-style dorms. Click HERE for floor plan.

Female Dorms 2: Used mainly for students attending on Scholarship or Outreach Programs. Two-Story Building, Studio-style dorms. Click HERE for floor plan.

Female Dorms 3: Single Floor building, Luxurious Studio-style Dorms w/ small ground-level deck Click HERE for floor plan.

Factions

As with many schools, there are students who get together in like-minded groups. These are called "factions" at New Peaks Academy. There are four main factions, as well as a fifth sub-faction. They are as follows.

Spoiler: #1: Imperius Gloria 

Spoiler: #2: The Janissaries 

Spoiler: #3: The Khuzos 

Spoiler: #4 Hijos de la Sabidurķa 

Spoiler: #5 Mendicants 

Alternative Lifeforms

Due to magical influences... or on rare occasions, genetic experiments, it's possible that some people have developed nonhuman features such as horns, tails, scales, etc. The term "Parahuman" is the politically correct one, but they can also be called things like half breeds, subhumans, beast folk, etc. Cases of alternative lifeforms are uncommon, but they are generally treated unfairly. Especially in "civilized" parts of the world. Just make sure they didn't get their abilities through drinking the blood of innocents, experimenting on unwilling test subjects, etc. and it should be fine. Well, legally fine, but you still might be treated poorly by other students.

Some animals are given intelligence and humanoid qualities this way, but due to how silly it might make things if kung-fu ducks start appearing, I'm going to have to disallow stuff like this in most cases.

Rules

I may or may not add more rules to this list as it comes to my attention. I may have forgotten some things.

1. No weapons are allowed in standard battles with the exception of magically created/summoned weapons. You may bring out any sort of weapons in unofficial battles, but prepare yourself for the consequences when you are caught. There are a few special tournaments that allow certain qualified weapons, such as shinai for the kendo tournament, so if there are multiple characters who make use of the same weapon, ask me about it and I may organize a tournament or special event for them. The weapon cannot be overly lethal such as steel-blades swords, heavy maces, spears, etc. Such weapons will be blunted, wooden, etc.

2. No killing or severely damaging your opponents without approval of the GM and the player you're facing. This includes rupturing organs, splintering bones, snapping necks, severe burns, freezing, etc. If you carry out an attack with such a capability and have no intention of stopping, Any judge present can stop them without fail, no matter what. As a result, your character may suffer realistic punishments. If it was an accident and only something that would wound and not kill them then it will be pretty lenient, but if your character is intentionally trying to kill their fellow students then don't expect them to be around very long unless they're really good at covering this up. They can still take part in unofficial battles though. There will be a very talented school nurse on site who can pretty much magically heal wounds most people can't, but is not able to heal everything. Get kicked in the chest and crack your sternum, it's still going to take at least a few days to heal... magic or not.

3. No other official rules exist in battle besides the first two rules and stopping when the judges say to. Granted, rule number 2 does encompass quite a bit of things that would be illegal. Other mid-fight rules are to be decided between the players who are fighting.

4. New Peaks Academy follows the rules of the country it was started by, this being the USA. As such, no student may consume alcohol as they are all under 21, and no student may smoke tobacco unless they are 18. Staff members may do so, and can purchase such things at the stores on the island. Any STUDENT who is caught with this sort of contraband will be punished accordingly. There are also no drugs permitted on the island, and severe punishments are handed down to any student caught with narcotics or paraphernelia. This is in addition to the investigation that will commence to find out HOW they got it.

5. Don't keep your opponent waiting on a post for more than three days unless you give proper warning beforehand. If not then your opponent can deal moderate damage to them, but not enough to incapacitate them. If three more days pass and they still haven't posted, you may then be incapacitated and thus lose the fight.

6. Winning the battle can be stopping your foe from being able to fight, getting them to surrender, withholding what would have been a crippling blow but making it evident that you could have done so, or knocking them out. Unlike real life, suspension of disbelief allows people to be knocked unconscious for extended periods without suffering traumatic brain injury (unless that is your desired outcome). Therefore, knockouts are treated as perfectly normal, valid methods of winning.

7. Put “First Rule of Fight School, don't fail Fight School” at the end of your CS so that I know you read these rules.

8. You may have up to two characters. If you want one to be an instructor/teacher, PM me and we can discuss it.

9. You may have a student transfer to the school at any time or just pretend they were always there. It's a big school, so maybe your guy/girl just didn't get noticed too much before you made them into a Player Character.

10. Being a Private School, tuition at New Peaks is not cheap. Please note if your character is from a wealthy family, or at New Peaks on a Scholarship of some sort.

11. Players don't have to post every day, but I expect at least one post per week per player in order to keep things moving at a steady pace.

12. Cooperative posts are encouraged. If you do not know how to do a co-post or what a co-post even is, Just ask.

13. This is not a place for those who make short posts. Posts will be two paragraphs or longer unless there is almost nothing for you to respond to. If that is the case, talk to your fellow players and try to GET something to respond to.. Violating this rule once will result in a warning. Repeat violations may result in removal from the RP.

14. Players are free to come up with names for the various stores or restaurants on the island, as well as what KIND of stores they are. This is to be kept reasonable, of course. I am able to overturn the creation of any buildings that are too odd or don't fit the setting. Similarly, players may also make and control lesser NPCs to make their posts seem more interactive and realistic for a busy school setting. Major NPCs such as Teachers may not be made or controlled without prior GM permission.

Fight School Fight Song

School I.D. Cards and Background Checks

The following I.D. is for students

Name:
    I.D. Number: (Come up with a random 8 digit number)
    Rank: (E3 to C1, please. NO 1st-Year student may start higher than C-Rank)
    Year: (I would like people to make 1st-year students, but if you PM me with a cool concept, I may allow 2nd or possibly 3rd year students)
    Nationality:
    Age: (Keep it high school range, 13-16 area, although some young prodigies or people who had to retake years can get a slightly wider age range then normal... but no ten year olds or full-on adults)
    Sex/Gender:
    Appearance: (Picture preferred, but descriptions are fine)

Fighting Style: (Students may have one martial arts style if they specialize in it, and be up to Black-Belt Level, or two styles if they want to have a broader skill-set, but may not be black-belt in either one)

Powers: (Low-Tier neat powers. Nothing like “I can hurl fireballs that consume my foes” or “I can see attacks before they even happen, and react as fast as lightning”.)

Personality:(At least one paragraph of detail, please. “Shy and timid” means “please send this character home to their family”)

Background: (At least three paragraphs here, please.)

You may also submit an I.D. for judges/instructors. Rather then "Grade", type in "Occupation", exclude Rank and I.D. number, and up their age limit to whatever. These guys and gals obviously don't fight under most circumstances. The instructors can be used for training students, to further plots between players, etc.

Student Roster

I will link everyone's accepted characters here.

Accepted Students

Vincento Sarconni, played by Beta
    Junkiro Iwazuma, played by Iwazuma
    Troy F. Duncan, played by Standatrocity
    Isabella Bergmann, played by TheDoctor
    Cyst Voltromvskey, played by Dawscombine
    Ethan Walker, played by RedKayne
    Kyami Xiang Yi, played by RisingPhoenix
    Ilya Dyatchkina, played by Iwazuma
    Ayame Mizuki, played by TheDoctor
    Amaltheia Stavros, played by Dawscombine
    Shotaro Yanmei, played by Beta

Accepted Staff/Faculty

Established Student NPCs

Spoiler: Elias Palamara 

Spoiler: Siu Zhenzhen Lei Fong 

Spoiler: Dan Williams 

Spoiler: Francesca MacGregor 

Spoiler: Thabisa Greyling 

Spoiler: Miranda Walsh 

Spoiler: Matt and Brett Elspeth 

Spoiler: Kensley Hagebak 

Spoiler: Kyle Valouri 

Spoiler: Boris Kovalyov 

Spoiler: Sasha Nowak 

Established Staff/Faculty NPCs

Spoiler: Anna Jacobson 

Spoiler: Layla Stritch 

Spoiler: Cameron Ballard 

Spoiler: Mia Ballard-Sandoval 

Spoiler: Weiss LeBlanc 

Spoiler: Timur "Tim" Leovich Zakharin 

Spoiler: Marie Giovinezza 
    Last edited by Salroka; 10-22-2016 at 11:56 PM.
    Spoiler: Neat Stuff Within 

Antivan Crow
    No Romance or Furry.
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Here are my GM Characters.

Spoiler: Vincento Sarconni 

Spoiler: Shotaro Yanmei 
    Last edited by Salroka; 03-31-2016 at 08:45 PM.

I Forgot My Title....
    Medieval Fantasy
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Welcome back, nummnuts. Good to be continuing this thing again.

Name: Junkiro Iwazuma
    Theme song: Deceiver-Disturbed
    I.D. Number: 08061945
    Year: First Year
    Nationality: Japanese
    Sex/Gender: Male
    Appearance:

Fighting Style: Kyokushin Karate, 3rd Kyu; Professional Wrestling, Trainee

Powers: Adhesion - Junkiro, like many of the gifted fighters at New Peaks Academy, has learned to tap into his aura. When he does so, he can make various parts of his body extremely sticky, allowing him to instantly adhere to objects. This can include walls, weapons, other fighters....as long as it is not extremely wet, it is fair game. This can be turned on and off on various parts of his body at will, but cannot yet be transferred to other objects for more than a brief moment (in other words, a post at most).

Personality: Junkiro`s family history has left him an extremely conflicted individual. Does he adhere to family values, or does he choose to listen to the outside world? This debate has consumed much of his thoughts outside of the field of battle. As such, he rarely will be found socializing actively; more likely, he will linger at the edge of a group or be on his lonesome, either brooding, studying, or snooping around for his family. This is not to say he is a social outcast, however. Should his mind clear or he have no choice in the matter, Junkiro can still interact with others in a healthy and normal manner; he just prefers not to.

However clouded his outlook of the future may be, when in a fight, his objective is clear: Defeat the enemy using any methods available. Junkiro is a very perfectionistic individual and absolutely hates to lose, though, after he gets over himself, he usually does see the value in a loss. Nonetheless, he will size up to better opponents than himself with no fear (but will hesitate before challenging one), and also goes all out against weaker opponents. He does recognize and accept surrender, and will stop if and when a mismatch is obvious. He is the first in his family to see surrender as an honorable method of victory or defeat.

Guilty Pleasure: Dragonball Evolution. Not only does Junkiro recognize the fact that it's a horrible movie, it also takes Dragonball Z, one of Japan's longest and greatest animes, and just shits all over it. Doubly insulting to him, and one of the few areas where Junkiro agrees with his family that America can be horrible at times. And yet...no matter how many times he sees it, it always sucks him in and he can't stop watching.

Background: To tell the backstory of Junkiro, we must backtrack to an earlier time.

August 6, 1945-Hiroshima
    The Iwazuma family has all gathered for a family reunion, one that they hold in Hiroshima each and every year. The family, having waited patiently all day, has just settled down to eat the family meal together. As food is served and the family digs in, a sudden silence seems to take over the area. The heaviness in the air is palpable; something bad is about to happen, and everyone knows it. A few uneasy seconds later, the house is thrown on its side from the force of a massive explosion from an atomic bomb. The United States has begun the final moments of the war by devastating the city of Hiroshima with mankind`s then-most deadly WMD. Furniture, food, and bodies have been thrown everywhere; blood and spare limbs have been scattered throughout the mess. Some bodies, however, have survived the impact. The several Iwazumas that survived were then rushed to the hospital for both grievous injuries and radiation poisoning. Once learning of what caused their family to lose more than half its total, the Iwazumas vowed revenge on the American populace, no matter how long it took.

Three generations later, Junkiro Iwazuma was born to Oichi and Yoshihiro Iwazuma, the youngest of four children and the only boy. From birth, Junkiro was taught the family way-destroy the Americans. In fact, his first sentence, as with all the Iwazuma children, was 'Death to America'. Junkiro, in addition to his regular studies in school, was forced by his parents to learn English, for the reason of, according to them, 'to blend in with their kind' and deflect suspicion from the Americans. From an early age, Junkiro was also introduced to Kyokushin style Karate, of which he was found to have a natural talent for. This is not to say he was a prodigy-far from it. However, he was more than proficient enough to advance to some of the higher junior levels at a relatively young age. While most students focused more on all the fancy moves that cause a great amount of pain, Junkiro focused more proficiently on the strength aspect of the martial art, training his body to take as many blows as it could without giving. That way, he figured, taking a hit that might cause another to flinch or be thrown back can open other opportunities to attack. Of course, this is not to say he didn't work on his moves along with it.

Most notable in the development of Junkiro as a freedom fighter was the day, at the age of nine, he got stuck to his family`s front door and required the jaws of life to free him. He was rushed to the hospital immediately afterward-while nothing was found to be 'wrong' with him per se, there was a strange viscousness of the air about him. It was known the Iwazuma family still suffered from radiation residue, even sixty years after the atomic bomb was dropped; a few of their clan had developed various mutations as well, but all were generally crippling and gruesome. Determined to turn this into a talent, Junkiro`s parents did all they could to help him control this strange mutation. It took four years, but he did eventually show signs of control over this power.

Flash-forward to the present day. With the opening of an American-made Fight School just off the coast of Japan, the Iwazumas saw a perfect opportunity for Junkiro-not only would the Americans teach him how to be a fighting machine, he could even do some sabotage to its owner on the side, just to stick in the Americans' craw. Junkiro, however, was conflicted-he was now a well-educated child and knew America was an innovative, world-leading country whose contributions to world health and development were crucial to Japan and the rest of the world progressing to where they were now. But what could he do? His family had pooled together a very large chunk of their savings just for him to attend-would he just throw the money away? Conflicted, Junkiro agreed to attend the school, but did not guarantee that he would sabotage the owner. Junkiro, now on his way, hopes to find his identity away from his family for the first time.

Since day one, Junkiro's had a rather incredible year. After being blackmailed by Shotaro over information about his terrorist family, Junkiro was forced into Imperius Gloria and worked to death by the senior members. His rank rose dramatically, as did his skill; as a result, he even managed to win the freshman segment of the mid-year tournament, a rather incredible feat for one who began the year in D-rank. What's more, his run also caught the attention of his semifinal opponent, Kyami. After a few meetings, the two decided to go out, and are currently happily dating. Needless to say, after a rocky start, Junkiro became quite the popular student, and his mood has greatly improved.
    You ever wonder what the first rule of Fight School is? Here's a hint: Don't fail.
    Last edited by Iwazuma; 03-29-2016 at 11:04 PM.
    Karma is the best.

A Dandy Guy in Space
    Bark
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I'm in. Expect character sheets soon.

Thanks to Karma for the dandiest set
    Spoiler: RPs I'm in 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Hope I didn't screw this up in editing

Name: Troy F. Duncan
    I.D. Number: 81247359
    Year: 1st year
    Nationality: American
    Sex/Gender: Male

Appearance:
    Spoiler: Dumb Picture or Something 
    Troy often gives people the first impression that he's kind of a grumpy guy because he's usually thinking of new jokes or acts, and his thinking expression makes him look moderately pissed off. However, he'll always smile when he realizes someone's watching. Though not really ugly, he's not exactly got charming good looks, and displays thin but noticeable rings under his eyes -- implying a lack of sleep, likely staying up thinking of scenes. He's known to wear the same rarely-washed light orange hoodie pretty much at all times, along with the most comfortable pants he could find that weren't too horribly digustingly dirty. In contrast, his blonde hair is always neatly combed and parted, and he tends to look as if he just got out of a morning shower; clean and refreshed, if not fully awake. He stands a solid 6"1, but his jocular demeanor makes him look smaller even to short people.

Fighting Style: Troy likes to tell opponents he's a master of the ancient art of Phŏ-kĕ, which is actually just a stupid way to pronounce "fake", as in "not real". Troy has no training, formal or informal, in any actual fighting style, meaning that should he find his way into a fight, he would literally have to make things up and improvise. That's not to say that he's utterly incompetent, just that he doesn't actually know any real fighting style -- he's still a fast thinker, and knows how to thoroughly read an opponent, much alike reading an audience.

Powers: In a similar manner, Troy likes to tell opponents he can see in slow motion, or predict the future, or any number of other things. This is also untrue. Troy has absolutely no powers of any kind, ki-based or otherwise. Of course, there's no solid way for most people to actually prove that, and he knows it, so in a sense, one could say he has the power of the unknown. But that's just a metaphorical power, not a real one.

Personality: Troy is an exceptional actor with a flair for the dramatic. It's rumored that he's more interested in riling up a crowd than actually winning a fight, and he's good at it -- the boy can change his outwards personality almost seamlessly to adapt to a given situation, based on how he thinks he needs to act to get people excited. For this reason, most of his fights look like something out of a movie, with him usually playing the villain -- he only wins occasionally, and not many people want to see the good guy lose. He's exceptionally good at making up cool lines on the spot and cracking jokes when pretending not to take an enemy seriously, even when they're clearly winning by far.

Outside of that, his real personality is something close to a comedian that maybe tries a little too hard. He thinks he's funnier than he is, but it can come off as endearing if you understand his intentions. Troy merely wants people to have a good time, and as such doesn't worry too much about being an exceptional fighter so much as making sure people are satisfied with a given course of events. He doesn't act all that smart, and his grades are average at best, but he is exceptionally clever as someone skilled at improv would be, which suits his untrained fighting style. As such, he is able to put up enough of a fight to make things interesting, if not to win particularly often.

Though he has a good number of fans who turn up to watch his fights, Troy does have a harder time making actual friends. His constant attempts to satisfy make him seem fake, and can come off as a desperate call for attention, which can be offputting. As such, he tends to only make friends with people observant enough to see the meaning behind his behavior; the exact same sort of people he'd never be able to fool.

Background: Troy was born closest to fighting nobility that you can get in the US -- both his parents well-known champions in the US and most of the world. Like Troy himself, they didn't actually practice a real fighting style; they just made it up on the spot, and it worked. Their ad-libbed style was famous for its uncharacteristic effectiveness, and they were both exceptional users of ki-based powers, possessing a wide variety of useful abilities rather than a small set of powerful ones. Of course, the sort of people who'd have such lust for battle would obviously be eager to pass their knowledge onto their children, which made it a bit harder on them when their firstborn turned out to be less of a fighter and more of an actor.

Troy was always a fan of superhero movies, the sort where the bad guys came up with evil schemes and the good guys came along to save the day. As a toddler, that sort of plot was all he understood. His parents figured he'd be a natural; superheroes did nothing but fight, after all. In the end, however, it turned out he was more a fan of the drama than the actual fighting. He admired the unique styles of every prominent character, hero or villain, and found it fascinating how they'd interact in such a way that made the show so much more interesting than just a couple random guys hitting each other. Eventually, he moved onto action movies with gritty protagonists, and became increasingly fond of their badass catchphrases and wit in the face of danger. For a while, he found himself baffled by how the villain would do something stupid and illogical -- why not just kill the hero with a bullet to the head, instead of a slowly moving laser to the crotch and an evil plan-explaining monologue? -- but eventually he realized that it was because the show would be boring if they were smarter, if they simply defeated their foe on the spot and moved on. Who'd want to watch that?

Troy, of course, still received the best "training" he could be given by parents who didn't practice a real style, and it was for the first time that they cursed themselves for not learning something specifically teachable. They'd always assumed their children would simply have the genetics to catch on easily. In addition, Troy displayed little ability with Ki, unable to mould it into any usable form, if only for a lack of effort. Everytime they'd tell him to practice, they'd simply discover him watching movies again, or catching up on hero cartoons. Though he did come out a pretty competent fighter(he had to have gotten some good genes, after all), he was nowhere near the world champion they were sure he'd turn out to be.

It was Troy's idea to be enrolled in New Peaks Academy. His parents weren't going to make him attend a combat school if he didn't want to, but he insisted on it. They thought, rather naively, that perhaps he'd turned over a new leaf and wanted to take on the family name, when in reality he merely wanted to test what TV had taught him. Nevertheless, it was a good deal for all parties. His parents were certain he'd manage to at least pass, if not with flying colors, and he got to act with an audience to show off to, people to make smile. After all, isn't that the point of show biz?
    ---
    First rule of fight school, don't fail fight school.
    Last edited by Standatrocity; 06-17-2016 at 07:07 PM.

Antivan Crow
    No Romance or Furry.
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Junkiro and Troy are approved and added to the active roster.

anything that is fantasy related
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hey pretty detailed RP Beta, and may I say welcome back again! In case you have forgotten we have wonderful tools to help you get your rp out there to the rest of RPA! Of course using them is always optional!

One of the larger ways to get people to know about your roleplay is to submit an application for Roleplay of the Week! If chosen your roleplay will be featured in the roleplay of the week section as well as being on the home page! Need a banner to go with your roleplay of the week? No problem! We have a roleplay of the week banner shop where tons of artists will come together to make you a beautiful banner!

Another great way is to have your roleplay featured in the staff signatures! After all us staff go all over the forum and what a great way it is to spread the word of your roleplay to some of the rarer corners of the forums!

Now my personal favorite is another great way of advertising. The roleplay games directory! In there all you have to do is post a short summary about your RP as well as providing and OOC link. Then as people go through it, reading RP after RP, they'll see yours and if it's something they like they will click the link and come on over here!
    Made by the goddess Kicksy!
    I got an even newish newer egg! Check it out!
    Spoiler: Secret Things! 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Why not?

Though I'm working from a shitty RCA tablet, I'll see what I can do to bring either everyone's favorite scamp from Detroit or that hilarious Brazilian kid back around.

Could also try for some new thing. Who knows?

Scifi, Fantasy, Action
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This looks very interesting. I will start on my character sheet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Apologies as I'll have to write this in spurts due to lel tablet. Didn't make much progress due to my eternal battle with being tired. I should be able to make actual headway tomorrow.

Spoiler: Skeleton Sheet, read at your own risk (Because it's bad.) 

Page 1 of 26 123 ... LastLast