Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] Shades of Grey - Recruitment and OOC

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cfavano View Post
    Sure. I wanted to kinda make her bloody and all that as you said it might be a fun idea to have some chaotic leanings or something, but honorable can be fun.
    Remember that being honourable doesn't necessarily stop someone from being bloody (plenty of action heroes) - or Chaotic (lots of Khornates especially have strict honour codes).

Will he have an epic Moustache?
    Oddly enough, yes I believe he will.

Quote Originally Posted by Felwether View Post
    I'm thinking of going with a fixer type character with low level telepathic powers.
    A psyker will certainly be...interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by ElizabethStark View Post
    Az, I think I'm gonna PM you my character, 'cause I'm unsure about a couple things.
    Of course, go right ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrum Daemon View Post
    Actually. Might be well past time I did a more mundane character. Since my first idea has been called and I played a psyker recently.
    Aye, Malpais was a boss. Once again, interested to see what you come up with.
    Spoiler: My RP links 

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

Sanity's Eclipse
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Or someone who has no connection to the establishment. Like a professional merc or something.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Sure. I wanted to kinda make her bloody and all that as you said it might be a fun idea to have some chaotic leanings or something, but honorable can be fun. Will have to change the chosen pic, though.
    Honorable could be potentially a hugely fun and intriguing character trait in a 'combat-oriented' PC - not that should be their primary focus, as it seems we'll be a demonically influenced magical mystery tour to explore the depths of the human condition for a good chunk of the game - to be exploited by both Khorne (only the worthiest of skulls for the skull throne) Slaanesh (the ecstasy of a perfectly matched opponent) or resisted (hold true to sacred vows to the Emperor) as we play this out.

I think I'll name her Valkiya or something.
    It's your call on that...but directly referencing one of Khorne's mortal champions, even if she's from Fantasy, does take some (or all...) ambiguity on what your character's eventual outcome will be. We have a fantastic opportunity for ambiguity and organic character development - so we might as well all keep each other on our toes on what's to come and have some fun while doing it!

Will he have an epic Moustache?
    Is that even a question?

Quote Originally Posted by Azazeal849 View Post
    Aye, Malpais was a boss. Once again, interested to see what you come up with.
    You know, I've been curious about what happened to Malpais after Prophet. We haven't even had a character think about him and his fate yet in Penitence.
    Last edited by PaintSerf; 04-01-2016 at 09:42 PM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Strike Team Aegia

Name:
    Hadrak Elsa

Position / Rank:
    Assaulter - Staff Sergeant

Appearance:
    Spoiler: Hadrak 

Personality:
    Hadrak is all but a mystery. It surrounds him like an eerie fog. He's soft-spoken, usually calm and collected. His personality is difficult to grasp, for it seems utterly bland to a simple acquaintance. He is not quick to anger, but he does have his limit. He also is not one to judge, for he himself has done despicable things; thus he feels it is never his place to give judgement. He's an understanding individual, trustworthy and reliable, and loyal to those who have proven their own loyalty to him. He is normally able to speak his mind without hesitation, none too afraid of being wrong or appearing moronic. He believes it is his right to voice his concerns and such. He is also, to add, a great leader, and he does what he must do on the line of duty… though there are times where he questions himself and his actions.

Weapons:
    Two-Handed Chainsword, sheathed to Hadrak’s back; Combat Knife, held at his left thigh; Hellpistol, holstered to his right hip

Other:
    Carapace Armor, all pieces intact, slightly more sturdy and flexible than average; Three Frag Grenades; Auspex

Background:
    Hadrak was born, and raised, into a Hive World that went by the name of Serais. Serais is a crime-filled place, which comes to no surprise. His mother and father were both no exception from crime; for they both committed crime and were sufferers of it. They were not, in any way, decent caregivers. Why they even kept Hadrak in the first place? It's an assumed mystery. He did have a sister, but she died a year after she was born due to grave illness. She was a sickly infant, constantly on the verge of death. With his sister deceased, Hadrak was an only child. His mother was murdered when he was six; it wasn't exactly a sad time for Hadrak, as she was hardly a mother to begin with. His father, however, did mourn. Where he didn't grieve for his dead child, he did for such a wicked woman. Hadrak never understood that, as much as he did try.

For as long as he could remember, Hadrak had always been around corpses and violence. His father used him repeatedly, making him do his dirty work once he was old enough to understand how to dismember a body; prepping for it to be disposed of. He had him interrogate victims at the age of ten, it was moreover practice than anything else. His father wanted nothing more than to turn Hadrak into what he was. He was a powerful figure of gang-relations, among other subjects. The hive city they were a part of hardly gave a damn, it was as though the Imperial Guard gave up trying to keep the city in check. It was a large manifestation of humanity’s sick perversions.

Hadrak was finally given a chance to spring clean from Serais by age sixteen. He escaped his father’s putrid ways, almost killing him in the process, and made forth onto a ship in order to become a part of the Imperial Guard. He believed he could redeem himself to the Emperor that way. He was a spectacular addition to the Guard, rising up in the ranks fairly quickly. As of recently, he was made staff sergeant.

"Thank you, Master."
    "You're welcome, My Padawan."

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

Okay my girl, as yet unnamed, is a really big deal on her planet. That's what attracted The Inquisitor to her, right? Well, every 50 years, a grand tournament is held, and she won it the last time it happened. The winner gets to pick an artifact held by the planetary governor recovered from somewhere lost on the planet, or the system.

The artifact I want her to have picked is a pistol known as The Dragon's Maw, a seemingly self-charging...Volkite Serpenta.
    Last edited by Cfavano; 04-02-2016 at 12:21 AM.

Spoiler: Things I like 

Sanity's Eclipse
    Fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Really reaching for it ain't ya? That's an extraordinarily rare weapon right there.

I'll put something together once I fulfill my other standing obligation to my own game.

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

well, shoot for the moon, and even if you miss, you'll still land among the stars.

I just really like the idea of Volkite weaponry, they're heat rays like outta war of the worlds, they're super cool, and no one does 30k RPs.

But if Az says no, then I'll be fine and MC Plasma or Inferno Pistol instead.

Spoiler: Things I like 

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PaintSerf View Post
    You know, I've been curious about what happened to Malpais after Prophet. We haven't even had a character think about him and his fate yet in Penitence.
    Wow, you're right. That's a pretty big error on my part. Where do you think he went, AD?

Quote Originally Posted by ElizabethStark View Post
    Name:
    Hadrak Elsa
    Accepted! I'll assign him to strike team Aegia, and if he's a former sergeant then he might be the team leader.

Also, because you're Elizabeth Stark, I'm going to use grey as your quote colour.

But if Az says no, then I'll be fine and MC Plasma or Inferno Pistol instead.
    I will allow a plasma pistol with a 10-15 second recharge rate.

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

Sanity's Eclipse
    Fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Probably back to the monastic order he belongs to. Probably got snapped up by one of the Inquisitors I roll around with. Either way. Still burnin heretics and generally being a boss.

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

I could definitely see Alia arranging the occasional business lunch with his new inquisitor, to check on how Malpais is doing and to establish another useful contact...

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast