Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

at least I don't have to worry about paint's character stealing my pistol

Spoiler: Things I like 

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Holy crap. It's just occurred to me that I'm probably going to be playing the least fighty character.

There's a first time for everything!

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Spoiler: Agent Konstantin Burakgazi 

Okay, since I'll still be jammed up with work for the next few days, Az was gracious enough to summarize the walls of text I sent him. I'll finish knocking together a proper sheet - but this should be enough to hint at where he's coming from, but more importantly have us underway sooner.

The image is not his exact appearance, but to give an example of what a Fulgurite electro-priest looks like, all hulked out due to Mechanicus reconstruction and with a combat glow going on. Granted, Konstantin will definitely be rocking some Vostroyan flair with an impeccable moustache and a fucking man bun warrior's knot and of course the bling in spades.

Oh, and Cf, why ever would you think that you don't have to worry?
    Last edited by PaintSerf; 04-17-2016 at 10:54 AM.

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Excellent. Just out of interest, I assume that his name is pronounced just like Leonard rather than LEO-nid?

I've added him to Aegia, so we are now 4 and 3. And as the eagle-eyed Mr Felwether already pointed out, everyone is now referenced in the prologue text.

I'll start working on the IC once I've given the guys over in Penitence their next GM update.

To save confusion with chain of command, I'll spell it out now: if the subject of giving and receiving orders becomes relevant, Hadrak is the leader for fireteam Aegia, and Kimmie is in charge of fireteam Kronis. Overall command goes to interrogator Erdene back in the stealth jet, but if you need to radio her try to keep it brief - we don't want anyone homing in on our transmissions, even if they can't decode them.
    Spoiler: My RP links 

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

Member of the Month
    Sci-fi, fantasy, post-apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I've given the OP another read, and it still seems a bit foggy to those uninitiated to 40K. People's ranks and classes seem to go over my head, and there's a general air of who's and what's hanging over the premise here.

I am fairly intrigued about one team being named Kronis, however, since I decided to use that word as the name of the race of one of my alien characters, but I arrived at that word by using alternating letters from the names of different races.
    Spoiler: More from Tate 

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Hi Tate, thanks for the feedback. Given that I am now actively trying to attract more new writers to my RPs, it's valuable to know that the presentation still needs work.

As for the name "Kronis", I was a bit more lazy than you - it's a ship name straight out of Sins of a Solar Empire (as is "Aegia")!

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

Member of the Month
    Sci-fi, fantasy, post-apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Fair enough. I suspected Aegia was some conjugation of aegis, which I think means shield.

I'd like to join and make a new character, so perhaps a short glossary of mentioned factions, ranks and classes could help me get my feet wet.
    Spoiler: More from Tate 

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Hmm. Okay, let's see:

The Imperium - humanity's declining interstellar empire, which has retreated into religious fundamentalism and a lot of "ends justify the means" policies to try and keep itself standing. Suffers constant attacks from aliens, demons, and rebels who can't take its needs-of-the-many approach to their lives any more. It also has major issues with corruption, due to its top-down power hierarchy.

The Emperor - nominally the Imperium's leader, he's been on life support for ten thousand years. Most people in the imperium are taught to think of him as a protecting (and vengeful) god, and the church has a lot of influence on imperial policy.

Weapons - Lasers and "regular" guns aplenty, though all sorts of other exotic stuff abounds among people like the inquisition, who know how to pull strings.

General aesthetic - Gothic / baroque. Equipment is often big, rugged and functional, and it's generally only rich people who can be seen with stuff that is sleek and shiny. Cybernetics are extensive if you can afford them, which again the inquisition can.

Social values - Very conservative. Imperial media and religious services are saturated with propaganda against aliens, mutants and anyone who goes against the imperial state. Individual people will be shaped by their own cultures and experiences however (for example, Kimmie is a priest, but she's a lot less fire and brimstone than the imperial average).

Psychics - aka psykers, the imperium has a funny relationship with them. The church calls them witches, and ones who aren't properly trained can end up possessed by demons if they try to use their powers. They are however incredibly useful (for example, they can predict the future or make telepathic contact with other worlds in an empire that otherwise lacks FTL communication) and so some inquisitors will work with them even if they don't trust them. A psyker's powers generally fall under a particular "theme", like telekinesis or biological manipulation.

The Inquisition - The imperium's equivalent of the CIA, often finds itself troubleshooting problems that the government is too slow to respond to. Inquisitors act with very little official oversight (but plenty of suspicious scrutiny from each other) and have authority to pick their teams from pretty much any source they like. Apprentice inquisitors are called interrogators, and regular henchmen are called agents (and that's what the PCs are).

Mechanicus - A sort of allied empire for the imperium, with its own religion that considers machines to be holy (however, machines that can think for themselves are an abomination, so true AI does not exist). They maintain a deliberate stranglehold on the production of all advanced technology, from cars to cybernetics to ancient artefacts that no-one really understands any more.

Orks - Big green alien bastards. Don't worry about them; they won't be appearing directly in this RP.

The Warp - Alternate dimension that reflects emotions and souls. Psychics draw their power from it, and spacecraft dive into it to travel FTL. It's a dangerous place, because over time primal emotions have coalesced to form demons, and even gods

Khorne - one of the warp gods, formed from primal aggression. He (and his subordinate demons) represent things like violence and murder but also honour, pride and justice. Many who worship him (generally referred to as "cultists") and gain his power run the risk of ending up as deranged killers.

Slaanesh - another warp god, formed from primal desire (in both its good and bad forms - he represents everything from love and self-improvement to jealousy and greed). Traditionally a rival to Khorne, which is why the two cults on Vaxanide are fighting. His cultists can end up overstimulated and numb, or might degenerate into hedonism or outright sadism.

Possible character classes - Literally anyone who would be useful to a spec-ops strike team.
    Last edited by Azazeal849; 04-05-2016 at 01:21 PM.

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

Tate, why don't you be a member of the Adeptus Arbites?

Basically, they're like the Judges fro mJudge Dredd (that is actually what GW originally ripped them from), except add in religion. They generally have the same duties, freedoms, and responsibilities.

Spoiler: Things I like 

The Froggiest
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)

Meep, this looks so awesome Azazeal! I can see you've got quite the character roster going, but I thought I'd drop this off if you're looking for more players!

If you've already got a submission worked out, feel free to post it in the Roleplay of the Week Advertising thread.

Roleplay of the Week- For more information about how to have YOUR RP featured as Roleplay of the Week!

RPotW banner shop! If you need help making a banner for your roleplay, just hop in and ask one of our lovely artists for some assistance!

Staff Siggies are seen everywhere!

Roleplaying Games Directory is another means of getting your RP seen.

Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast