Page 1 of 37 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] Shades of Grey - Recruitment and OOC

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Default [M] Shades of Grey - Recruitment and OOC

Rated M for violence and distressing themes.
    Potential strong language and drug references

Banner credit: Kappa

LINK TO IC

Spoiler: Prologue 

RECRUITMENT IS NOW CLOSED.

Hi everybody! I'm going to go out on a limb here and attempt to GM two games at once. Let's see how it goes. The premise of this RP will be on alternative perspectives in the 40K universe, and how people might react to Chaos without any preconceptions. Essentially I'm going to take a bunch of inquisition agents, wipe their memories, and throw them together in a cultist-infested hive to see what happens (okay the storyline is a bit more structured than that, but you get the idea). The game will likely be shorter than Penitence and my other past RPs.

RULES

As well as the standard RPA rules, I'd like to add a couple of my own. These are mostly just to help the readability of the IC thread:

• Please write all IC posts in third person past tense. That is, "John stood up", never "John stands up" or "I stood up".
    • Please don't use quote boxes in the IC. If you're reproducing another player's text to help put your own post into context, please indicate the copied text with a different colour. Ideally, please use the colours that I will highlight for each player in the Team Roster section below.
    • To save confusion with the above, please do not use a different coloured text just to indicate that a character is speaking (i.e. don't write "Hi," he said.)
    • It goes without saying that you can resign from the RP at any time, but if so please have the courtesy to leave some sort of message in the OOC so other players aren't left waiting around for you.

RP BACKGROUND

The Imperial planet of Vaxanide is a tortured world, wracked by lawlessness outside its capital hive and plagued by feral Orks. The Orks have reached critical mass once again and are rampaging through the border territories, displacing thousands of refugees who are overwhelming the already crowded capital. The Orks, however, are not the inquisition's concern. Vaxanide is also well known for being riddled with heretical cults, and the crackdown on the well-publicised Pilgrims of Hayte has simply allowed other cults to flourish unseen. Two such underground organisations - the Khornate cult of the Red King and the slaaneshi Refuge, servants of rival demons - are about to summon their patrons to continue a legendary feud. Forewarned by loyal spies on Vaxanide and by the Tarot readings of Imperial astropaths, inquisitor Feyd Lucullis has made all speed to Vaxanide to prevent the summoning.

Spoiler: Inquisitor Feyd Lucullis 

Lucullis is deploying a strike team by grav chute into the heart of the hive. The lack of time remaining before the summoning is begun leaves no other viable option. Once landed, the strike team will split into two elements - Aegia and Kronis, which will target the khornate and slaaneshi summoning sites respectively. Joining fireteam Kronis is a relatively new addition to Lucullis' retinue: Kimmie Raeden, the retinue's confessor and formerly of the missionarius galaxia.

Spoiler: Agent Kimberley Raeden 

The demons must be prevented from manifesting; all other concerns are secondary. Failure is not an option.

CHARACTERS

Your characters will be members of inquisitor Lucullis' strike team on Vaxanide. You may submit a single character each. Inquisitor Lucullis is a puritan, but somewhat flexible, and so allows his retinue to include psykers and abhumans provided that their skills justify their presence. However, he draws the line at blanks, aliens and anything directly tainted by the demonic, and so such characters may not be included. Please note: while characters with flaws and vulnerabilities that Chaos could potentially get its claws into are encouraged, remember that you're working for a very strict inquisitor who has an uncanny ability to tell when people are lying to him. Obvious pre-existing Chaotic leanings would not be tolerated, so use your judgement.

Spoiler: Suggested character profile 

As I mentioned above, your character's perception of what is right and wrong may change over the course of the RP. You do not have to decide your character's ultimate loyalty in advance, but if you do, please shoot me a PM about which side you would like them to finish up on - Imperial, Chaos (Khornate or Slaaneshi) or none of the above! Likewise, feel free to contact me if you have an idea which faction you'd have the most fun bouncing off, or even just if you'd like more information.

If you have ideas for subplots that you would like to be included in the story, please do not hesitate to PM me. Also, as a general rule, I will not kill active characters without first consulting the player (although I may knock them about a fair bit). Inactive characters, however, are fair game.

TEAM ROSTER

Strike Team Aegia

Strike Team Kronis

Last edited by Azazeal849; 04-11-2018 at 09:51 AM.
    Spoiler: My RP links 

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

NPC CHARACTER ROSTER

A quick summary of all the major NPC characters (will be updated as the story progresses, so check back regularly!). For links to PC profiles, see "Team Roster" in the first post.

Spoiler: Agent Kimberley Raeden 

Spoiler: Inquisitor Feyd Lucullis 

Spoiler: Interrogator Erdene 

Spoiler: Rhenat Nazarian 

Spoiler: Quintus 

Spoiler: Primus 

Spoiler: Nara Tumasian 

Spoiler: Samvel Vamassian 
    Last edited by Azazeal849; 08-30-2017 at 08:50 AM.

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

The Last Remembrancer
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Modern times or Sci-Fi games.
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Strike Team Aegia

“She smiled as she killed us. She smiled as she killed us. She smiled as she killed us”

Name: Sarna Astros

Position / rank: Assassin and Scout.

Appearance:

Personality: Best described as 'relentlessly chipper'. Sarna is considered by many in the Inquisitors retinue as almost hopelessly naïve and green, which contributes to her optimism and eagerness to serve. Some Moritats take an oath of Silence, many of Sarnas companions just wish she would shut up.

Weapons: Regis Pattern power sword. This long, curved, two handed weapon can part armour and flesh with equal ease. Two combat knives, two boot knives balanced for throwing, crossbow loaded with mono-edged bolts.

Other: Armoured Bodyglove with integral stealth systems, grip gloves and combat hood. Flugs and photo contacts. Three Flash grenades, three smoke grenades. Gear to make climbing easier, and some thieves tools.

Background: Regis V is a feral world located on the edge of the Ixianad sector, on its Calixis side. The world fell from majesty as an Imperial Civilised world into a decayed state of barbarism sometime just after the Horus Heresy for reasons lost to history, and has stubbornly remained as such for millennia, its hives left to moulder and its technological heritage almost completely forgotten. Local legends speak only in hushed tones of the hubris of its old leaders, the coming of death, and a great silence that descended as a shroud across the world. Imperial archaeologists have uncovered mass graves that must contain billions of souls, but no further clues. The survivors became nomadic horse warriors, only settling in hilltop keeps made from wood and stone. The greatest weapons here are the sword, the crossbow and the spear, with only simple mechanical devices such as windmills for grinding corn and pumping water left to the more settled peoples.
    This culture of tough, hardbitten people who valued strength at arms proved invaluable to many Imperial organisations, who have quietly encouraged the state of affairs on Regis V to continue in perpetuity. Two principal organisations recruit from this world: The Adeptus Astartes and the Moritat cults.

No one is quite sure when the Moritats first arrived on Regis, but they now have a firm stake in the lives of its people. Standing apart from the internecine clan warfare, daughters who cannot be cared for are given up to the sisters and raised as assassins for the clans constant warfare. Several technological items have been smuggled onto the world despite Astartes blockades in orbit, and the scattered Moritat hill forts are equipped with advanced training machines and battle servitors, as well as workshops to produce limited quantities of advanced gear. Rumours also abound of hidden facilities, dug into the hills, where dark operations are performed to 'enhance' future Moritats.

Sarna was given up to the sisters at a very young age: she has no memories of her mother or father, though the sisters tell her she is the daughter of a powerful chieftain who was killed by his brother to seize control of his clan. Her mother died of a slow acting poison not long after seeking sanctuary with the Moritats. All she has ever known in the world of the Assassins, training to be the Emperors blade, wishing to become a Reaper, an angel of death made flesh. She has been offworld three times, each time in the company of a full fledged Reaper, so she has been inured to the culture shock of warp travel and visiting more civilised worlds, but she still has not seen much of the wider galaxy. She completed her training less than six months ago, and was released into the wider galaxy to find a suitable master under whom she could continue to hone her skills. She was recently recruited by Inquisitor Feyd Lucullis as he felt that Sarna would be the perfect foil for the Khornate cult he would soon be investigating. Her performance on this mission will determine if she will become a permanent member of the team.
    Apart from her skill with the blade and as an infiltrator, she is also a surprisingly capable mimic and user of disguises. With a few hours of observation she can imitate local customs and accents near flawlessly, a surprising aptitude for a Moritat but one her teachers where quick to cultivate as useful to an Assassin.

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Accepted! And now that it's past 12 on April Fools day, I should probably lose the joke banner.

The Last Remembrancer
    Modern times or Sci-Fi games.
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

I was going to ask about that . . .

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Fixed now, so all of Karma's hard work hasn't gone to waste.

EDIT - And I see that the site banner has reverted, though all the mods are still "banned"!
    Last edited by Azazeal849; 04-01-2016 at 04:38 PM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

I'm interested in joining, if you'll have me.

"Thank you, Master."
    "You're welcome, My Padawan."

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

But of course. PM me any ideas you might have and I'll try and find the best place for them.

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

I think I might be a Death Cult Assassin or a Callidus.

Spoiler: Things I like 

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Hmm. DCA is already basically what Sarna is, and I don't think inquisitor Lucullis would be able to get his hands on an Imperial Assassin.

Page 1 of 37 123 ... LastLast