Quote Originally Posted by He Qie View Post
Yeah, it hurts. It hurts in ways you never knew it could. Even after you've been kicked every damned which way and you think you know it all, it finds a way to surprise you with new kinds of pain.

But even if that was all it did, I wouldn't want to never feel it again. It's a part of who we are, and shutting it out is shutting out a whole side of your personality that you can never be whole without. Whether were talking romantic love, physical love, familial love... whatever, somewhere, somehow, some form of love is a part of who we all are.

Of course, that's not all it does. It can also be the most wonderful drug in the world. It can be exciting, it can be supportive, it can be warm. It can break you down and make you wail like a baby, but it can also build you up and make you soar like a god.

So yeah, it can hurt. But it's so much more than that too. In the worst moments, it's easy to become convinced that it's not worth it. But it totally is. It just takes some insane courage to keep coming back knowing the pain that's waiting if it goes wrong again. And I love being that insane.

Agreed completely. Even if you swear off of it, unless you REALLY stick to your guns (and come off as a bit of an ass) your heart will have other plans, if it finds someone worthwhile.

Course I'm a biased source, having just been forced to end a 7 year engagement.