Page 1 of 15 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Charon's Coin: Relaunch 🚀 [M] OOC

What is best in life?
    Were ever there is a evil priesthood to be looted and a princess to be saved
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    All of them are great if well written and with good pepole
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Default The Charon's Coin: Relaunch 🚀 [M] OOC

The Imperial Media Board has rated this piece of entertainment as MATURE. May contain intense violence, blood and gore, instances of drug use, sexual content and/or strong language. Selling this content to minors will result in a fine.

This is a relaunch of an older RP I made awhile ago.

Original poster by Adam Flynn
    Inspired by FTL, Rollplay: Swansong, Star Wars: Legacy and Stars Without Number

O I've sailed the midnight sea from Earth to Alpha-5
    Seen flame gems on Aldebaran, met rocks that were alive
    But soon I came to realize as worlds world I roamed
    That nowhere in the galaxy could really be my home

So call the Navigator, set the course and go
    We've stars and planets to explore - my wild heart tells me so
    Beneath the metal decking I can hear the engines sigh
    And all I need is a mighty ship and a star to guide her by

"Call the Navigator"
    Ancient spacer song sung by the first Terran colonists

⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

Spoiler: The Setup 

⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

Spoiler: The Catalyst 

⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

Spoiler: The Short of It  

⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

Spoiler: The World 

⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

Spoiler: The Systems of Play 

⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

Spoiler: The Character Sheet to Read 

!!!COPY FROM HERE!!!

HTML Code:
    [FONT=Courier New][COLOR="#000000"][B]Character Concept:[/B][/COLOR]
    [COLOR="#000000"][B]Belief:[/B][/COLOR]
    [COLOR="#000000"][B]Instinct:[/B][/COLOR] 
    [COLOR="#000000"][B]Lifepaths:[/B][/COLOR]

[COLOR="#000000"][B]Name:[/B][/COLOR]
    [COLOR="#000000"][B]Age:[/B][/COLOR]
    [COLOR="#000000"][B]Gender:[/B][/COLOR]
    [COLOR="#000000"][B]Description:[/B][/COLOR] 

[COLOR="#000000"][B]EXP:[/B][/COLOR] 0/6
    [COLOR="#000000"][B]Wounds:[/B][/COLOR] 

[COLOR="#000000"][B]Strength:[/B][/COLOR] 
    [COLOR="#000000"][B]Dexterity:[/B][/COLOR]
    [COLOR="#000000"][B]Constitution:[/B][/COLOR]
    [COLOR="#000000"][B]Intelligence:[/B][/COLOR]
    [COLOR="#000000"][B]Wisdom:[/B][/COLOR]
    [COLOR="#000000"][B]Charisma:[/B][/COLOR] 
    [COLOR="#000000"][B]Luck:[/B][/COLOR]

14 (+1), 13 (+1), 11 (+0), 10 (+0), 9 (+0), 8 (-1), 7 (-1)

[COLOR="#000000"][B]Primary Skills:[/B][/COLOR]
    [COLOR="#000000"][B]Secondary Skills:[/B][/COLOR]
    [COLOR="#000000"][B]Culture Skills:[/B][/COLOR]

[COLOR="#000000"][B]Gear:[/B][/COLOR] 
    [COLOR="#000000"][B]Connections:[/B][/COLOR][/FONT]
    RULES

1. If you want to play either an alien or a psychic PM before even writing your concept as there's things about those characters I would like to discuss. Also I am only allowing one alien character into this game.

2. If you want to play a regular vanilla human and have finished your Character Concept, Belief and Instinct PM me. I would like charecter creation in this game to be a somewhat cooperative effort between me and you. This does not mean I will be telling you who you should play or anything like that. More that this would help me sow some plot seeds for the future and help you learn and mold this world we will be playing in.

3. In this RP I hope to be a full time GM but if I don't get enough players I will also make a character if needed.

4. If any questions about anything stated here come to mind PM or write into this thread with your question and I will do my best to answer any inquires.

5. I value commitment and quality from my players much more highly than any sort of speed. If you're a slow poster don't worry there's room for you here but please be sure if you join that you would like to stay. Pretty please? With sugar on top?

6. The rest should be obvious. Be civil to each other. Follow the general RPA and Mature game rules. Don't be an assehole. And so on.

7. I am thinking about taking out all the dice mechanics as they seem to put a lot of people off. Not sure about it yet as I really like them. Would love to hear some feedback.

8. Have fun. Or don't. I'm not the boss of you.

TLDR
    For those that want a quick idea of what this RP is about but don't want to read the whole thing read the Short of It. When you have read that and it sounds fun to you read the rest.
    Last edited by TheBarbarian; 05-03-2016 at 05:08 PM.

What is best in life?
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Loading file...

The Charon's Coin dossier
    Open?
    Y/N

y

The Charon's Coin is a Generation 3 Imani Free Merchant class ship. It is the collateral for a loan agreement of 830000 credits (the cost of the ship) between Miss Megan Isabella Gunn and the Imani Clan. The contract has been made for 30 years and require minimum monthly payments of 2500 to be made to the Imani Clan every sector month.

General outer description: The Charon's Coin is a slightly sleeker version of the traditional Free Merchant type of ship which are traditionally known for their large roundish or squarish designs to maximize the cargo space available. The Coin sacrifices some of this functionality to instead focus on speed and agility. Most of the original matte black coloring remains though the sides and wing tips have been painted a deep purple that naturally gives over to a bubblegum pink. The ship's name has been painted with the same color on to it's left side with a coin flip design at the end. A simple sentence is inscribed under this name. "And the rest is rust and stardust."

Inner layout: The ships blueprints

Spoiler: Crew Room's 

Spoiler: Description of the ship's main deck 

Weapons: Multi focal laser for ship to ship combat Sand thrower to disable small fighters.

Amenities: Inner workshop for ship repair, Extended stores for longer life support needs, Fuel bunkers to allow for multiple jumps before refueling, Fuel scoops to allow fuel harvesting from gas giants, 1st level Spike Drive

Imani Clan ship ratings:

Speed: 7 (+0)
    Agility: 9 (+1)
    Power: 6 (+0)
    Armor: 4 (-1)

Fuel: 3/3
    Hull Integrity: 3/3
    Maximum Stores: 35 days worth of air, food and water for six people, 210 days worth of stores for one person

The important thing to know about the sector economy is that it is in constant flux. Very few things have set prices and the availability of items vary drastically from planet to planet. In some planets guns are everywhere and can be gotten with ease while on others the process is almost impossible. Now the one thing that is a constant on every planet is the price of fuel and that is set by the Sector Valhallan Theta Exchange Network. Cultural contacts and knowledge can help with knowing what prices are normal in what planets and what exactly can be bought there.

Space Travel Costs:

Monthly Loan Payment: 2500 credits
    Refuelling: 100 credits per fuel missing
    Repairing Battle Damage: 10000 credits per HP
    General Maintenance: 25000 credits every six months
    Resupplying stores: 20 credits per person per day of stores bought. 3600 for six crew members for 35 days.
    Last edited by TheBarbarian; 05-23-2016 at 10:29 PM.

What is best in life?
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

IC

"The Mechanic"
    Jake Umbran played by Oran

"The Spy"
    Raelyn "Rae" Elder played by Megwilen

"The Dog of War"
    Skoll Ulfhedinn played by Stormwolf

"The Mercenary"
    Sarnai "Lotus" Tairakh played by LiveVoltage

"The Bonesaw"
    Igor "Doc Ice" Bakhvalova played by Enigma

Lonely Galaxy News
    For space travelers by space travelers

This month's biggest stories

Separatist group claims responsibility for attack on Empire of the Sun's prince

Yesterday evening the leaders of the shadowy separatist group calling themselves La Sublevación de los Pueblos sent out an official statement claiming responsibility for the attack on the Crown Prince. The attack which happened two weeks ago wounded the Crown Prince Haru who has not been seen since the event. The conflict which has been simmering since last August seems to be picking up with more force. Read more>>>

New Federations general denies involvement with the Vanta Syndicate

New Federation general Igor Turov denies connections to the rising information brokering ring Vanta Syndicate. The general came under fire last week after a reporter who wished to remain anonymous discovered incriminating files in the generals computer. The General claims to have been framed by political enemies. Captain Aya Oboro a veteran of the Mantis War and a long time friend of the General spoke in defense of her friend saying that "If we treat our veterans like criminals there soon shall be no one left to defend our borders." Read more>>>

Slaver attacks increase in the Eruthalion and Haimon systems

The Zoltan Peacekeepers report that slaver attacks have been on the rise since last year with the highest number of slavers concentrating their efforts on the Eruthalion and Haimon systems. Mantis leaders when approached for a comment remained silent on the issue citing the recent upswing of other slavery rings activity. The report continues on to warn travelers in small unprotected ships to be careful when dealing with pirates. Read more>>>

Spoiler: Sector Map 

1. Viva La Revolución!
    • Job issuer: La Sublevación de los Pueblos through Megan Isabella Gunn
    • Nav Designation: GRID 0607, OEDIPUS, Naushad-ali
    • Payout: 3000 credits per person (not including Isabella) and transport off the planet
    • Job Description: The mission is one of kidnapping the leader of the Empire of the Sun's military's Special Operation Branch Tan Shen. For the mission to be successful you have to deliver him to the prearranged drop off point which was agreed with La Sublevación de los Pueblos
    • Target Information: Important player in the Empire's politics Tan Shen has risen quickly through the ranks of the leadership through cold cunning and a ruthless attitude. His appointment has started rumors that soon the old Nightingale (the emperor's spymaster) will be replaced.
      Spoiler: Picture of him in ceremonial armour  

Last edited by TheBarbarian; 05-19-2016 at 11:45 AM.

Spoiler: The Barbarians RP's and answers to questions 

A Storm Is Coming
    fantasy, SF, horror, romance, western, historical fiction, anime/manga, paranormal
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Tossing in my RSVP for my "war-born splicer"

What is best in life?
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Acknowledged.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Reserve for an unstable mechanic?

What is best in life?
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Someone already PM'd first wanting to be the mechanic. However maybe there is some other role you might want?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Character Concept: Is a natural mechanic with a distrust of people
    Belief: "Machines will never betray you"
    Instinct: Never leaves behind a multi-tool that belonged to his mother and pistol that belonged to his father.
    Lifepaths: Born Spacer, Long Illness, Mechanic

Name: Jake Umbran
    Description:
    Jake is a thin looking young man, typical of a person who spends most of their time in artificial gravity. Whilst a bit gangly, the deftness of his fingers and his mind makes up for any physical disadvantages. He is 5'9" with messy unkempt brown hair covering his clear, focused blue eyes. When talking to people, he uses his welding goggles to keep the hair out of his eyes. He is almost always covered in dust and grease, somewhat darkening his pale white skin.

Normally reserved in conversation, many people overlook him as a simple, dumb grease-monkey. This couldn't be farther from the truth however. His mind is always working, thinking of some new idea. He sometimes lets people think what they think, sometimes in order to dazzle them later on, or it was in his best interest to appear as a nobody.

Clothing is something like this:

EXP: 0/6
    Wounds: 0/2

Strength: 9 (+0)
    Dexterity: 11(+0)
    Constitution: 7(-1)
    Intelligence: 14(+1)
    Wisdom: 13(+1)
    Charisma: 8(-1)
    Luck: 10(+1)

14 (+1), 13 (+1), 11 (+0), 10 (+0), 9 (+0), 8 (-1), 7 (-1)

Primary Skills: Mechanics and Robotics
    Secondary Skills: Small Arms, Piloting and Cooking
    Culture Skills: English and Gaelic, Culture Mechanics +1, Culture Spacers +0

Gear: Essential repairing tools, mother's Metatool: This wrist-mounted housing contains a myriad of small, useful tools designed to handle the widest possible range of technical needs. While a metatool is too limited to handle major jobs, it is usually suffi cient to manage jury-rigged repairs and temporary fixes until the tech has time to apply a larger wrench to the problem.
    Father's pistol, small headset used for communication, disassembled droid parts.
    Connections: Isabella- "Isabella worked with my parents, I should find out what she knows". 1/4
    Simon- "The old man helped me get back on my feet. I owe him." 1/4
    Sarnai 'Lotus' Tairakh- "Although we got off on the wrong foot, she seems to have a lot of experience in this kind of thing. She seems friendly enough." 1/4
    Last edited by Oran; 06-10-2016 at 06:44 AM.

What is best in life?
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Cool everything looks good as we discussed. Accepted.

Enchantress of Men
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Character Concept: Empathic Spy who is Hunting for Answers
    Belief: Everyone has secrets. There are no secrets that time doesn't reveal, I just reveal them faster.
    Instinct: Will always figure out who she's dealing with.
    Lifepaths: Born on Hadiya in the Empire of the Sun, trained within experimental military training facility, Defected

Name: Raelyn "Rae" Elder
    Description:
    Spoiler: Look 

EXP: 0/6
    Wounds: 0/2
    Psi Points: 5

Strength: 7 (-1)
    Dexterity: 10 (0)
    Constitution: 8 (-1)
    Intelligence: 11 (0)
    Wisdom: 13 (+1)
    Charisma: 14 (+1)
    Luck: 9 (0)

Primary Skills: People Skills (Bluff, Diplomacy, etc), Hacking
    Secondary Skills: Lock picking, CQC, Singing
    Culture Skills: English, Historian, Japanese, Chinese, Traditional Cultures
    Empathic Skills:
    Emphatic Push - You can effect people's emotional state in simple ways. Changing their mood, making them more receptive to ideas. You cannot implant new ideas in their brain or push them to do things that they don't want to do. Roll +CHA and spend two Psi Points. On a 10+ You successfully manipulate them without them ever noticing. On a 7 - 9 choose two:
    They don't notice
    They are manipulated
    It will work for as long as it needs to
    You are not tiered (otherwise lose 1 extra psi point)
    Psychic Translation - You can understand any language even one's you have never studied by reading the brain waves of the organic who is speaking (if you want they can understand you as well). Spend two Psi Points to activate, will last for the duration of the conversation.

Gear: Lock picking tools, tablet computer, small knives, disguise kit (face paints and various amounts of clothing and accessories)
    Connections:
    General Fu: The only person to knows who I am, where I came from, or why I ended up in the program. I need to know my past.
    Last edited by Megilwen; 05-03-2016 at 11:05 PM.

Page 1 of 15 123 ... LastLast