Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rank the star-Wars films

Month the of Member November
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

Default Rank the star-Wars films

The purpose of this thread is to rank the Star-Wars films in order of preference. (Whether or not you include the 3 prequels is optional.)
    Born to be a king & fighting to survive in a world with the darkest powers.

The Fresh Prince of Britain • RPAs personal wolf fetish • RPA's Wolf Mascot • Crazy the Wolfheart

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't think I'm altogether breaking with convention in placing Empire Strikes Back as number one, followed in short order by A New Hope. I would, however, place the newest film, The Force Awakens, over Return of the Jedi; I've only seen the new one once, so maybe I haven't quite had time to let it sink in as much as the other films, but Return of the Jedi is where Lucas's less savoury habits began to emerge in the form of the silly Ewoks, amongst other such things.

Don't really think I'd bother ranking the prequels, they're all pretty much rubbish to me. Revenge of the Sith is faintly less awful rubbish than the other two, but that ain't high praise.

3Spooky5U
    Science Fiction/Slice of Life/Fandom
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Tbh I like 7 the best. It's more for my generation. I'm too lazy right now to rank the others.

Griffin / Gumbo / Gambit / Griff

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

My top one is Return of the Jedi, in many ways because it's the conclusion where things get settled but also because in it's own right it's done pretty well.

Beyond that I'd have

2. Empire Strike Back
    3. A New Hope
    4. Attack of the Clones
    5. Revenge of the Sith
    6. Force Awakens
    7 million: The Phantom Menace. *big thumbs-down*

The Fresh Prince of Britain • RPAs personal wolf fetish • RPA's Wolf Mascot • Crazy the Wolfheart

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Force Awakens beneath Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith? Do elabourate.

January Member of the Month
    Sci-Fi, Dystopian, Superhero Stuff, Fantasy, lots of fandoms
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

1 (although Darth Maul was awesome)

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

The Force Awakens beneath Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith? Do elabourate.
    I just didn't enjoy it all that much. An awful lot of scenes seemed to be copied from the original movie and there were bits of the plot I just didn't buy into. Also the whole repeat of starting out in a desert planet, which felt like a b-version of Tattooine. And when we finally see another planet then apart from the randoms inside the bar there's nothing really alien about it. (I mean Endor probably didn't feel very alien to people from California but at least the giant trees made it distinctive.) I think the final nail for me was the final scene where
    Spoiler: spoiler 
    Last edited by Crazywolf; 05-07-2016 at 04:14 AM.

3Spooky5U
    Science Fiction/Slice of Life/Fandom
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Griffin / Gumbo / Gambit / Griff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crazywolf View Post
    I just didn't enjoy it all that much. An awful lot of scenes seemed to be copied from the original movie and there were bits of the plot I just didn't buy into. Also the whole repeat of starting out in a desert planet, which felt like a b-version of Tattooine. And when we finally see another planet then apart from the randoms inside the bar there's nothing really alien about it. (I mean Endor probably didn't feel very alien to people from California but at least the giant trees made it distinctive.) I think the final nail for me was the final scene where
    Spoiler: spoiler 
    Yeah, I can dig that. The film's parallels to the first one are very well known by this point, and Jaku felt like a budget Tattooine. But that being said, I think it was decent, it kept a good pace, dialogue and acting were pretty spot-on-- and none of the prequels' ridiculous light saber duels! That was a relief.

June MotM 2014
    Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ধ্রুৱক View Post
    I don't think I'm altogether breaking with convention in placing Empire Strikes Back as number one, followed in short order by A New Hope. I would, however, place the newest film, The Force Awakens, over Return of the Jedi; I've only seen the new one once, so maybe I haven't quite had time to let it sink in as much as the other films, but Return of the Jedi is where Lucas's less savoury habits began to emerge in the form of the silly Ewoks, amongst other such things.

Don't really think I'd bother ranking the prequels, they're all pretty much rubbish to me. Revenge of the Sith is faintly less awful rubbish than the other two, but that ain't high praise.
    That's exactly how I'd put it as well.

- Empire
    - Hope
    - Awakens
    - Return
    - Revenge

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast