Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones with SPOILERS

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Spoiler: My thoughts on 8.5 
    Spoiler: My RP links 

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

You keep bringing up all those details and I'm wondering why I didn't see all that. It felt like a lot gasps and unexplained details. I didn't even know the white horse was Sandor's.

I dunno what to say, but this season just doesn't feel as strong to me. If ever I'm feeling empty, as though it's hollow and undelivering. I just can't bring myself to even feel anymore and just want it to end.

oh well. One last episode to go I guess

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    You keep bringing up all those details and I'm wondering why I didn't see all that. It felt like a lot gasps and unexplained details. I didn't even know the white horse was Sandor's.
    I’m pretty sure it was, although I’ve heard some people saying that it was Strickland’s (although that would have no plot relevance whatsoever - unless it wasn’t about the previous owner and they chose a white horse to symbolise Arya’s return to the “light” side).

I’ve also just had Scottie point out a detail that I missed - when the bells are ringing, there are people still screaming in the background at the sight of Dany’s dragon, which is supposed to convey her realisation that these people will never love her and see her as a monster. There are also crows circling in the background, which I assume is symbolism for death, although some people have put their tinfoil hats on and suggested that the final episode will reveal Bran’s presence and possibly influence on events.
    Last edited by Azazeal849; 05-14-2019 at 09:53 AM.

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

Month the of Member November
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

I read a review of the last couple of episodes. Saw kind of a lot of stuff in there I feared would happen but I won't complain since I didn't watch it. It did make me curious though as to what kind of ending GRRM has planned for the books and how much they are actually following his ideas.
    Born to be a king & fighting to survive in a world with the darkest powers.

The Fresh Prince of Britain • RPAs personal wolf fetish • RPA's Wolf Mascot • Crazy the Wolfheart

The Art Vandal

Decent grammar. Limited cringe. That’s all.
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

I believe it is very similar, honestly. GRRM has said as much.

I think the show writers just reeeeeally rushed the end, not giving the character archs (much less the overall plot) the explanations and the time they deserved. I think GRRM will though, so I think the books won’t be disappointing at all... even if it has the same course of events.

Also, the dialogue itself on the show is not as good as it was when they had GRRM’s actual books to reference. Once they hit Winds or Winter territory, the writing (in my opinion) suffered.

So I think it is safe to say that GRRM is the true talent, here.

(Though, major props to the amazing special effect artists, and the cast of very good actors.)
    Last edited by Leanna; 05-15-2019 at 09:57 AM.

art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable

- banksy

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

I can definitely see at least some of the book characters ending in the same places their show counterparts do.

Spoiler: Arya 

Spoiler: Dany 

Spoiler: Sansa 

Spoiler: Jaime 
    Last edited by Azazeal849; 05-15-2019 at 03:17 PM.

Dark Lord of the Gif
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azazeal849 View Post
    I’m pretty sure it was, although I’ve heard some people saying that it was Strickland’s (although that would have no plot relevance whatsoever - unless it wasn’t about the previous owner and they chose a white horse to symbolise Arya’s return to the “light” side).
    It wasn't Stranger. Stranger is black, and even if he was covered in dust and ash you'd have caught sight of the darker color underneath whet Arya touched him, and where the blood was. Most likely it was Stricklands, Though I did briefly wonder if it was Dany's
    Spoiler: Cuteness 

Wanna laugh at a drunken fool? Click Here!
    Watch me Stream or catch old streams here

The Art Vandal

Decent grammar. Limited cringe. That’s all.
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

@Azazael

Yer. Show Jaime ending was blah. All that great character development, all of his great dialogue, how far he’d come... just to go running back to Cersei like a whipped animal loyal to his master.

He had such great scenes like

Nakey time with Brienne
    https://youtu.be/BOpQqVCt-Jc

and

Chitchat with Qyburn
    https://youtu.be/JZ6fhp483YU

Sucks that in the end he high-tailed it right back to where he was in the beginning.

But yeah, I don’t have a problem with the resolutions ending up similar with most characters - just think it needs more explanations and time to logically get to those conclusions. The overall concept is there, but the way it was mapped out in the show was sub-par. Again, in my own personal opinion
    Last edited by Leanna; 05-15-2019 at 05:49 PM.

art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable

- banksy

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dnafein View Post
    It wasn't Stranger. Stranger is black, and even if he was covered in dust and ash you'd have caught sight of the darker color underneath whet Arya touched him, and where the blood was. Most likely it was Stricklands, Though I did briefly wonder if it was Dany's
    Ah, you’re correct - looking back at episode 4, both Sandor and Arya rode out of Winterfell on black horses. I guess it was just for the “still pure underneath” symbolism.

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

I think the horse is mostly a symbol to the type of white horse Dany used to ride.

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1516171819 ... LastLast