Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 17181920 LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones with SPOILERS

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Leanna View Post
    I really don't get the overwhelming hate for Sansa on the interwebs xD

She is an asshole sometimes, yes. But so is Arya, Tyrion, the Hound, Jaime, Yara, Theon, Ygritte, Tywin, Jorah, Drogo, Bronn, Daenarys (and I mean before she went full psycho on King's Landing), etc.
    An asshole without charm... passive, manipulative, using the victories of others as her own. And people calling her wise is very irksome. Mainly after the bad writers forced her into a horrible marriage after she almost got the vale (In the book someone else was sent for the marriage) just so that they could get an extra vibe out of the viewers.... while no one said anything when Dany was raped right on the first episodes....

Sansa is not symbol of power. She is the perfect example of lady in distress that needs to be saved. That cannot react without power behind her, and she gained it only by standing in the background and using manipulations. I mean even Cersi was far more into action than she was.

I just didn't like her. I couldn't even feel much sorry for her when all her decision were clearly made out of selfish needs or stupid thinking. Now I get it she suppoes to be a child, it's just that when everyone else starting to grew she stays the same as she is.

If she was to be the queen of the 7 kingdoms she would have never made the north free, and that's just show how much she cares more about hereslf and her power than the actual kingdom under her. Her brother was just elected, so she uses it as a card to draw power, caring little if it will cause other people to rebel or not. I also really disliked how she kept talking to Bran as if he was not there "He doesn't want it". I mean come on, let him speak...

Anyway, I really just don't like her, and her winning her way without doing much kinda makes me rethink the whole idea of what the show actually wanted to tell in the end. Like no matter how heroic you are it doesn't matter because at the end those that stand in the side and do nothing get their way? I dunno, feels like a bad writing...

Anyway, this is my opinion Maybe she will do good job as queen, I don't know. I just really think that how they built her in the last 2 seasons has done nothing to make me think of her as worthy... if anything, it felt like the writer forced me to see that they wanted me to think of her as wise and capable when she was really not.

EDIT:

What the hell happened to Arya's horse?

Moon Child
    Feeding Nazgul with a spoon in his white padded room.
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    I will try just about anything. Especially Twilight fanfiction. TEAM JACOB!
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Like no matter how heroic you are it doesn't matter because at the end those that stand in the side and do nothing get their way?
    What part of any season of this show made you think being a 'hero' mattered in the slightest?

If you were looking for the heroes to come out on top and happy endings for the characters you enjoyed... I think you probably chose the wrong show.

Just as a side note. I dislike Sansa, but... I think it absolutely made sense and was good of Sansa to ask for Northern independence. If you don't ask, the answer will always be no. Not asking the question would have been worse than asking. I didn't like the character in general, but I know I'm biased. There is probably literally nothing she could have done, any decision she could have made that would have made me like her.

So what decision could she have made that would have made you alter your opinion of her?

If she doesn't ask then she is weak. She just sits back after all that talk of wanting a free North and does nothing? Or she asks and she's being hard on her brother. I don't think you've given any option here at all for her to be redeemable in your eyes. If she asks, she is selfish cause she knows Bran is her brother and she's using that to get their independence and doesn't care that others may also rebel. If she doesn't ask, she's selfish and not thinking of her people that she has promised independence and a ruler of the North. She's only thinking that she is better off with her brother not being angry with her. There is no winning.

Spoiler: Looking for RP in all the wrong places? Click here! 

Spoiler: Friend Quotes 

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

I don't expect heroes, but I expect writing to be better than what it showed.
    Also Sansa didn't ask, she stated a fact.

Month the of Member November
    Fantasy
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

Personally I just wish they could have made a final 2 seasons with decent writing - and from reviews I've read the writing in this season wasn't any better than the last one. evidently the writers could do an ok job at copying but it still annoys me how little they actually understood the setting they'd been writing about and the things that made the story good.
    Born to be a king & fighting to survive in a world with the darkest powers.

The Fresh Prince of Britain • RPAs personal wolf fetish • RPA's Wolf Mascot • Crazy the Wolfheart

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

They should have probably waited until all the books were out before starting this, I think either way the writers of the show were in a hurry to get it done and moved on, they should have let others to continue them instead of doing this rush ride that had some many wtf moments.

I won't be surprised if once all the books are out and printed the show will be remade in the future.

The Scottish Fluff
    Willing to give everything a try
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

I actually preferred that she didn't ask for permission. Like you said, she stated a fact. The North had been Independent for so many years and she was saying they were going to remain independent. Simple as. I think her asking would have made her look weak and even more passive than some of you think.

I like Sansa. I liked her throughout the series. It was nice to see a female character that survived this world when she wasn't street smart, trained to be a killer or had killer dragons with her. She went through a whole bunch of shit and I'm really happy that she got to where she is now.

I do agree with you CrazyWolf, it would have been nice if they had extended it but I've heard that it wasn't possible for so many reasons. They did the best with the time that they had. I really enjoyed the ending.

The series started with the Starks. It threw them through all kinds of shit and (those that survived) have evolved and are now successful and happy

Month the of Member November
    Fantasy
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
    I do agree with you CrazyWolf, it would have been nice if they had extended it but I've heard that it wasn't possible for so many reasons. They did the best with the time that they had. I really enjoyed the ending.
    I actually meant they should have better-written this season and the previous one. Extending it could have helped as well maybe though it's kinda hard for me to judge as I didn't see the last episodes. either way though the main thing to actually kill it for me was the standard of the writing.
    Born to be a king & fighting to survive in a world with the darkest powers.

The Fresh Prince of Britain • RPAs personal wolf fetish • RPA's Wolf Mascot • Crazy the Wolfheart

The Art Vandal

Decent grammar. Limited cringe. That’s all.
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Really good points, Kris.

I don’t even particularly like the character of Sansa, either. I’m just neutral on her. But if I was a citizen of Westeros (lol), I would prefer a snobby brat who does not abuse other human beings over a woman of action who does. Yes, she is selfish and manipulative and says things that make you want to throw a pie in her face. But she is not cruel.

And yeah, a lot of it was sort of lazy, rushed writing. (In fairness, they wrote and produced what was practically an 80 hour film, and it still was not sufficient for how complex the story is.) Though the crazy long story of LOTR was told in nine hours, I suppose? I guess it didn’t have as many subplots / plot webs going on though.

Interesting to hear other opinions anyway

I wonder if GRRM himself will be able to untangle this web he has woven xD
    Last edited by Leanna; 05-22-2019 at 06:34 PM.

art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable

- banksy

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

I saw an interview with him where he stated he needed to do time skip of 10 years, but he knew he won't be able to pull it right so instead he wrote more books of GoT to know exactly what was going on with them.

Again, I don't expect this level of details and thinking from a show or movie. but...

Anyway, I think maybe it's best next time for scripters and show adaptar to wait untill the books are out

The Art Vandal

Decent grammar. Limited cringe. That’s all.
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Omg, totally. The storytelling took a total nosedive once they didn’t have any source material as a crutch.

art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable

- banksy

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 17181920 LastLast