Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones with SPOILERS

Enchantress of Men
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I thought about a fake out of some type, but idk it just doesn't seem like it would be. i mean it makes sense if your hated enemies (the wildlings) are suddenly your neighbors. And the only way to get armies to fight them is to make the enemy of your enemy your friend kind of thing.

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

I don't like the idea of Arya becoming nobody... sort of defeats her entire purpose for becoming an assassin to begin with if she can't kill the people she wanted to for the reasons she wanted to kill them.

Holey Paladin's armor by Haya

What is best in life?
    Were ever there is a evil priesthood to be looted and a princess to be saved
    All of them are great if well written and with good pepole
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

But isn't that the point of Martin. He always gives the things we want and then shows us what it actually means.

On a unrelated note holy shit Arthur Dane is such a damn badass. That short scene really made me remember why I always loved the short snippets about him in the books.

Spoiler: The Barbarians RP's and answers to questions 

June MotM 2014
    Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

He gets it.
    Last edited by Jarms48; 05-12-2016 at 04:16 AM.

Month the of Member November
    Fantasy
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

A few points they are over-picky but it's a good point about the disappearing dogs and I agree with the stuff on Davos.
    Born to be a king & fighting to survive in a world with the darkest powers.

The Fresh Prince of Britain • RPAs personal wolf fetish • RPA's Wolf Mascot • Crazy the Wolfheart

Happily ever after
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm not hear to speak wisdom...but I do have a bit of predictions.

I believe Sansa Stark is pregnant. I know there's not enough evidence to prove my claim but I believe Sansa is pregnant. Also...-shock shock- JON SNOW HAS RETURNED. There was no doubt about him - no one can remove Jon snow. My sister had a heart attack tho.

I was kinda piss they didn't show Sansa for pass 2 episodes.
    MOOD/STATUS: Leaving Again

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Well she's back in 6.4 at least - and at where her character should have been at the start of season 5 before they decided to revoke and retread her character development for that season. Good to see her taking command and giving Jon the pep talk he needed.

She also apparently understands that to overcome Ramsey's plot armour (which is only rivalled by Littlefinger's) they'll need to bring a bunch of main characters (her, Jon, Brienne, Davos, Melisandre...) rather than sending minor character Osha after him...

I like that the plot is moving faster this week, even if the special effects in the final scene were a bit off. Also, how flammable were the stone floors of that damn temple?

Major headscratchers:

Apparently, Melisandre didn't tell Davos (or anyone else) what happened to Stannis, and still hasn't told him about Shireen.

Lord Royce knew that Littlefinger was leaving with Sansa, but didn't do anything or tell anyone else, allowing Littlefinger to blackmail him with a lie that Robin easily swallows (okay, fair enough, Robin Arryn isn't the brightest bulb in the fridge, but since when did Littlefinger become his favourite person?)
    Last edited by Azazeal849; 05-16-2016 at 08:38 AM.
    Spoiler: My RP links 

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azazeal849 View Post
    I like that the plot is moving faster this week, even if the special effects in the final scene were a bit off. Also, how flammable were the stone floors of that damn temple?
    I would imagine they were coated with oil or some other flammable substance. She did have one of the Dothraki Widows on her side. The widow could have prepped the room for her. Least the way the flames moved so swiftly made me think they were coated in something.

Another round of bullets hits my skin. Well, fire away
    Cause today, I won't let the shame sink in. We are bursting through
    the barricades and reaching for the sun.

We Are Warriors

What is best in life?
    Were ever there is a evil priesthood to be looted and a princess to be saved
    All of them are great if well written and with good pepole
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I think they've sort of shot themselves in the foot with the Ironborn subplot. They're starting it too late, in the books we are much further into it by now and know all the right characters. They should either abandoned it or actually developed more in the previous seasons.

Spoiler: The Barbarians RP's and answers to questions 

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Actually, they could probably fit the Kingsmoot into one episode (to simplify it, they'll probably just have a straight two-horse race between Yara and Euron), and have the next cover Yara (and Theon?) being sent to Meereen while Aemon butts heads with Euron back on Pyke. Maybe that's why they left it out before - they didn't think they could spin it out for a full season and weren't sure what to do once they overtook the books.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelDellaNotte View Post
    I would imagine they were coated with oil or some other flammable substance. She did have one of the Dothraki Widows on her side. The widow could have prepped the room for her. Least the way the flames moved so swiftly made me think they were coated in something.
    I didn't think of that. Good thing no-one thought to comment on the really strong smell of oil when they walked in!

One other thing I will say about 6.4 is that it deserves some female empowerment credit. As well as Sansa's newly-regained agency (even if it is a season late), Dany's short stay in Vaes Dothrak was handled surprisingly well. Did Drogon swoop in to save her? Nope. Did Jorah and Daario? Well, yes, but she already had a plan of her own and she stuck to it, with minimal help from the buddy cops. She burns her own way out, and recruits an army into the bargain. And the nude scene at the end was plot relevant and tasteful - a definite step up by the show's standards.

(Disclaimer: Nudity in shows is fine. Story-irrelevant nudity that's there purely to titilate can also be fine. Just don't do it all the time, and don't confine your objectification purely to women. To be fair, the show has got better at this over time.)

Margeary is probably worth mentioning as well - while her brother breaks down in captivity (and while Loras is a pretty flat character, nothing we've seen suggests that he's a particularly weak person) she is the one that remains strong, and sees through the High Sparrow's mind games as well.

Credit where credit's due, screenwriters.
    Last edited by Azazeal849; 05-16-2016 at 06:14 PM.
    Spoiler: My RP links 

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast