Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1617181920 LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones with SPOILERS

The Art Vandal

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Decent grammar. Limited cringe. That’s all.
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

I thought it was symbolic of the white horse of the apocalypse, personally.

It was my immediate thought when I saw that horse, the four horsemen of the apocalypse.

White horse - conquest.

Black horse - famine.

Red horse - war.

Pale horse - plague.

I guess conquest is fitting for Dany. Sort of like Aegon the Conqueror.

art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable

- banksy

Dark Lord of the Gif
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Well if your looking for symbolism of the horse were to be dany' s it could be seen as innocence lost. White often being associated with innocence, and there was a part of the Dany who received it as a gift way back in season one.

And using t hat symbolism instead of it being still pure beneath, you could go with innocence found. As Arya having given up her quest for vengeance and witnessing the attack on the city likely no longer sees death and war as exciting and tempting as she did earlier that same episode.
    Spoiler: Cuteness 

Wanna laugh at a drunken fool? Click Here!
    Watch me Stream or catch old streams here

The Art Vandal

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Hm, interesting take, Dnafein

I think this story is so complex, you really can dig into it for days.

And that's why I think people do mull over it so much.

But I don't think the writer wants to explain its meaning, fully. He probably wants people to mull over it and make their own conclusions.
    Last edited by Leanna; 05-15-2019 at 07:38 PM.

- banksy

Dark Lord of the Gif
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Spoiler: I'm a leave this here 
    Spoiler: Cuteness 

Wanna laugh at a drunken fool? Click Here!
    Watch me Stream or catch old streams here

The Art Vandal

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

I tried repping you, Dnafein, but mean RPA won’t let me.

- banksy

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

Dark Lord of the Gif
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Last edited by Dnafein; 05-19-2019 at 08:40 PM.

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

Spoiler:  

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

I’m pleasantly surprised with that finale. It still had a lot of flaws but it was the first episode this season that I more or less mostly liked.

Spoiler: Thoughts on 8.6 
    Spoiler: My RP links 

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

The Art Vandal

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

I really don't get the overwhelming hate for Sansa on the interwebs xD

She is an asshole sometimes, yes. But so is Arya, Tyrion, the Hound, Jaime, Yara, Theon, Ygritte, Tywin, Jorah, Drogo, Bronn, Daenarys (and I mean before she went full psycho on King's Landing), etc.

A LOT of the most beloved characters were assholes when they had to be. Isn't she just trying to survive, just like the rest? Sometimes I wonder if a girly-girl acting like an asshole just particularly grinds people's gears. Or maybe I am missing something.

-shrug-

I was personally quite pleased that Sansa entered a position wherein she was no longer vulnerable or held to the mercy of others. I saw it as her taking control of her own life, and a satisfying contrast to when she was used by everyone else like some pawn.

I also think it honours her parent's (and wider familial) legacy. She really is the only Stark left who can take ownership of Winterfell after the way things panned out (other than Arya, of course, who just flat out did not want to). I also found it interesting to see Sansa's childhood disdain for her home turn into longing for it (something I think a lot of people can empathise with), which ultimately ended with her embracing her roots in adulthood.

I personally think she will be a very good queen, one loved by the northerners—even if she began as a bratty, damaged teenager once upon a time.

@Azazael

I agree that Dany should have only burned the Red Keep... as that would have perfectly aligned with her character development in the show thus far. Perhaps if she only meant to destroy the Keep (with a mind to take down Cersei and the Lannister soldiers), she could acknowledge that she "only" had to kill some of the civilians, i.e. the ones who got in the way of taking down Cersei).

But what if Dany inadvertently set off troves of underground wildfire that Cersei purposely set out all over King's Landing instead? This way, the entire city *still* gets destroyed, but instead of Daenarys going so inexplicably ruthless on innocents with her dragon, the full-on destruction of the city was *technically accidental* and *technically not her fault*.

In other words, collateral damage.

She only meant to target the Red Keep... so she justifies her own actions...

...but you can still point the finger at her. Because she too had an equal part in setting off the domino effect of chaos, which in turn burned them all.

She became a spoke in the wheel that she wanted to "destroy."

This way, I believe the blame could be placed not just on Dany, but on Cersei (deservedly so), and on all in this story who treat the innocent as fodder in their quest for power. The death of King's Landing then could be equally seen as Dany and Cersei's folly, with Cersei being guilty of using innocents as a shield, and Dany guilty of not listening to counsel, or considering the consequences of her ultimate quest.

I dunno. I think that would make more sense. Then afterwards, Dany would easily shrug and blame Cersei (even though her lust for the Iron Throne also inadvertently caused so much death), not realising she too was part of the problem. It would have been more believable to me, but Dany would still be despicable in her quest for power.
    Last edited by Leanna; 05-21-2019 at 07:16 PM.

- banksy

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1617181920 LastLast