Page 1 of 27 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] Drakin Uprising.

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy and general
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default [M] Drakin Uprising.

Rated M for possible cursing, gore, and other adult themes.

Still Accepting

Magic or anything similar is very rare, only a few people in the entire world know how to use it and learning it isn’t simple. It takes magic users years to master just the basics and decades to fully master their chosen specialty.

Several races co-exist with one another. Some have more of a “talent” for magic than others.
    Spoiler: The Races 

In the days of old the groups stayed to themselves but now, a couple hundred years after the last orcish war it is common to see many of them intermingling and often have an individual who is part of two or more of the races.

However now, and ancient race know as the Drakin has risen again and is now attempting to take over the known world, starting with the Braxinao Empire, which happens to be the empire the old civilization lives in.

Spoiler: The Drakin 

The Braxinao Empire, or the Brax Empire for short, has the highest magic concentration in it's borders than any of the surrounding Empires. Consisting of all four Elven races as well as halflings and other races capable of using magic. As well as a few dragon riders.

Spoiler: The Empire 

Spoiler: disclaimer 

Spoiler: Rules 

Spoiler: Character Sheet 

Name: Atrial Farlow

Race: Elf- Dryad

Appearance: Atrial stands taller than the average human female by a couple inches. She is about 5 foot 9 inches. She has grass green eyes and long black hair with a greenish tint in areas that occur naturally. Naturally thin only weighing about 120 pounds, very skinny for her height. However this is a healthy weight among the Dryads. She has two dark green triangle tattoos under her eyes.
    Spoiler: roughly similar appearance 

Spoiler: outfit 

Personality: Atrial can be seen as slightly standoffish, she isn’t very good at communicating with others. When she tires she can sometimes come off as rude, though this is rather unintentional. She attempts to my nice to people but when she does she usually don’t know what to say so she can come off as shy.

Bio: Growing up in the wooded area of the country she lived a simple life, dancing with fairies and learning to hunt. She lived in a village that had no official name. It was a village built into the canopy of the forest where many of the wild predators couldn’t get to while the village people slept. She was a master hunter by the time she was 14. A young Atrial decided she was interested in an adventure by the age of 16 so she set out to explore the world around her she had never known. As a parting gift from the fairies she was given, what she had believed to be a large gem at the time. She found out later months later that what she thought was a gem was actually a dragon’s egg. It hatched while she was on her travels and was originally no larger then a newborn kitten. However, the beast she had named Ith grew quickly to the size of a horse and beyond.

Skills: She is skilled in hand-to-hand combat, as well as decent with a bow and throwing knives. She is also a master at walking in near silence. She is also capable of communicating with Ith as if he was speaking to her regularly, though he actually communicates through a mental bond they have.

Magical Skills: She is capable of using very basic air magic, which is what allows her to walk silently. Though most would not notice her magic capability and she is by no means a master.

Other: She is a registered dragon rider, meaning the king can call on her to assist in a war should he decide he needed her and she is obligated to follow his requests.

Spoiler: Ith 
    __________________________________________________ ___

Spoiler: Character List 
    Last edited by WrittenFaith; 08-16-2016 at 08:15 PM.
    Siggy and Avi set made by me.
    Spoiler: If you are sad look here! 

Drakin Uprising is looking for awesome peeps to join.

Mystery, fantasy, romance, ANGST
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is such a cool idea! I love how you've mapped out all the different races and where they originate from!
    I think I might join. But I do have a couple of questions. :P
    Why are there going to be only 3 magic users? Are all Drakin trying to take over or are there some that aren't "bad"?
    " I begin to assemble what weapons I can find,
    'Cause sometimes to stay alive you gotta kill your mind."

Fantasy and general
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

To answer your questions, there are only 3 magic users because it is a fairly hard skill to master I suppose by magic users I mean magic masters simply because it is a hard skill to learn. Even the basics are complicated. I don't want everyone running around casting spells. The goal was to create variety. This is the reason why I gave some races like orcs and Dwarves the inability to use magic and said that Humans have the hardest time learning it of those races who can use it.

As for some Drakin not being "bad" I am not sure. It states that in some cultures they were worshiped as gods so I envisioned most of them having at least a minor god complex. That being said it would be fairly interesting to see a Drakin attempt to interact with people they viewed as below them. I am guessing you asked because you wanted a chance to play as a Drakin? If so you can PM me your basic idea of the character and if I like it I might let it slide. I intend on making my character a dragon rider so I don't see a problem in adding a Drakin to the mix should it fit with the setting.

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Name: R'zaarhalac Hal'orlazshur

Race: Cephelophyte (Denomination of Sea-Dwelling Halflings)

Appearance: Cephelophytes are generally tall, ranging anywhere from six it eight feet tall. R'zaarhalac stands at seven feet tall, even with his significant stoop. His muscles are thick and his back is broad. His skin, rubbery in texture, is dark blue, with speckled patches of purple on his knees, elbows and forehead. A row of webbed spines run down his backbone. His arms are unusually long, his clawed hands hanging level with his knees, allowing him to run on all fours if the situation calls for it. His head, like all Cephelephytes, resembles that of an octopus, a writhing mass of tentacles and a bulbous head. Ancient bronze chains coil around his forearms, focuses for his magical abilities. He wears a long black robe with golden trimming. Ancient runes and symbols adorn the garb, sewn in deep red. A series of small blades; ornate daggers, serrated knives, and a pair of bronze sickles, hang from his belt.

Personality: R'zaarhalac, though bizarre and frightening at first, gets along easily with those he likes. Though he can be arrogant and condescending to members of all of the other races, believing his own to be superior, he doesn't necessarily harbor hatred for others. He knows very little Common.

Bio: As a High Priest in Cephelephite society, R'zaarhalac felt is was necessary for one of his kind to act as an unofficial emissary to the Land-Nations during the predictable hostilities that would follow the Drakin's bid for supremacy. Being a high-ranking member of the Sunken Temple also means that R'zaarhalac has a deep understanding and capacity to wield magic. Having dismissed conventional fighting methods as savage and beneath them, the Cyphelophytes dedicate centuries of their lives to learning magic, with only the Elders and High Priests being masters of it. Now into his 30th century of life, R'zaarhalac is adept at casting and manipulating magic.

Magical Skills:

Water Manipulation: R'zaarhalac knows some very basic water magic, allowing him to do things like change the general humidity in an area, control water in its basest essence, and to create storms. This does not allow him to summon water though, only manipulate it.

Pelagic Bolt: Channeling magic through the chains on his forearms,R'zaarhalac casts forth a blast of destructive energy. The bolt is pale green in color, and smells of blood and brine.

Eldritch Vessel: The High Priests, at the peak of their power, are each told the True Name of one of the maddening Gods of their pantheon, which they can call upon when they need. When this occurs, he transforms into a ravening, abominable behemoth. All semblance of sanity is driven out so that the Outer God may come to the fore, ever shifting its appearance, and laying waste to any within its reach. Masses of tentacles, titan claws and ivory teeth lash about as the creature rends and roars. After a time, the beast withdraws, leaving the exhausted creature to marvel at his God's wrath.

Heightened Agility:Without the crushing, oppressive weight of the ocean bearing down on him, R'zaarhalac is able to use the lighter atmosphere to his advantage. He can jump higher and move faster on land than he can at the bottom of the ocean.

Weapons: Small blades, natural claws.

Purplecow
    Last edited by Squid; 06-08-2016 at 05:13 AM.
    Squid...

Horror, fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Name: Noah Hawke

Aliases: Mage Slayer Hawke, Hawkeye

Race: Human

Appearance: tan, 5 foot 8 inches tall, messy brown hair, green eyes, lightly muscled, near permanent blank expression.

Personality: generally withdrawn and prone to long bouts of silence, rarely argues with anyone, hates magic users with all of his being, easy to get along with as long as you don't pester him too often.

Bio: Noah lived a fairly normal life out in the country side, at age 7 he began hunting with his bow and arrows often to keep food on the table for him and his family. By the time he was 12, he was adept with the bow and won many tournaments at festivals even though he was very young. One day he went hunting, only to return to find his house burned down and his family slain. Distraught, he went to the nearest village where he happened to overhear a conversation. A drunk mage was bragging about how he had slain three "Bandits" in a hut outside of town. The mage perfectly described not only the location of Noah's house, but the description of his father, mother, and brother.
    Noah, enraged, drew his bow and, without warning, put three arrows into the mage's chest. The stunned mage only had time to look down at the arrows in surprise before dying. By the time the city guard arrived, Noah had put seven more arrows into the mage, effectively turning him into a human quiver. Noah was arrested, but was only given five years of probation because he was a minor.
    He continued training with the bow and arrow until he was one of the greatest archers in the land, all the while holding on to a deep hatred for all magic users, believing them all to be capable of great evil at a moments notice. Over the years he challenged three mages to duels, and killed all three of them with minimal effort. He was given the title Mage Slayer Hawke because of his duels. Lately though, he has simply become a mercenary, roaming from town to town, doing odd jobs killing bandits or hunting dangerous animals for a living.

skills: Sniper- No matter the range, if the target is in sight, he will hit it 90% of the time.
    Heavy bow- his bow takes a massive 150 pounds of force to draw, granting his arrows further distance and better penetration.
    Seasoned tracker- no matter how far his prey runs, no matter how stealthy, Noah will find it and drop it.
    Survivalist- could survive for the rest of his life with only his bow, arrows, and the great outdoors.
    Custom arrows- he crafts his own arrows to fly straight, and be nearly impossible to remove without causing severe damage.

Weapons: Iron wood bow, bone tipped iron wood arrows, hunting dagger, hatchet

Other: His leather armor (a reward for one of his mercenary jobs) is enchanted to resist magic up to a certain point.

purplecow
    Last edited by garnetfrog; 06-03-2016 at 03:00 AM.
    Blob fish is tired of your shenanigans.

Fantasy and general
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Squid, your character is accepted, odd, but accepted.

garnetfrog, I need you to look over the rules. It is very important that I know you have read them over. After I know you have read them I will accept your character.

I am getting my CS finished up now.

EDIT: My character is finished. Go to OP to see it.
    Last edited by WrittenFaith; 06-03-2016 at 02:11 AM.

The Froggiest
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)

You always have such good RP plots! That are oh so tempting >.> Hope that you have fun, and try these things to help gather more players... specially the RPotW, because it's a really cool RP!

If you've already got a submission worked out, feel free to post it in the Roleplay of the Week Advertising thread.

Roleplay of the Week- For more information about how to have YOUR RP featured as Roleplay of the Week!

RPotW banner shop! If you need help making a banner for your roleplay, just hop in and ask one of our lovely artists for some assistance!

Staff Siggies are seen everywhere!

Roleplaying Games Directory is another means of getting your RP seen.

Horror, fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I did read the rules, I just forgot because I was trying too hard to think of his bio.
    Blob fish is tired of your shenanigans.

Fantasy and general
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by garnetfrog View Post
    I did read the rules, I just forgot because I was trying too hard to think of his bio.
    Okay, Just wanted to make sure. You are accepted.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

So, here's a sort of odd question...what if my character is an elf that can't use magic, for some specified reason? Would that be acceptable?

Thanks to Kicks and Κάρμα for the sig!

Page 1 of 27 123 ... LastLast