Thread: The Staff of RPA!

The Scottish Fluff
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Willing to give everything a try
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Default The Staff of RPA!

They're all staff, so why the different coloured names?

Purple = Administrators; Administrators of the Site, wizards here to help with whatever you need!
    Blue = Global Moderators; Here, there and everywhere! These guys are watching over the whole forum.
    Green = Moderators; Here to help you out in the roleplay and social sections.
    Pink = Techie Moderators; Here to help with all things technical regarding the site!

And here they are in name and title:

Username Title Short Review
    Scottie The Scottish Fluff Administrator
    Azazeal849 The Replicant Global Moderator
    Hannelorian The Grey Lady Roleplay Moderator
    Kiki Ketchup Enthusiast Social Moderator
    Miss Devil Demonic Princess Technical Moderator
    Last edited by Scottie; 09-20-2023 at 02:11 PM.

The Scottish Fluff
    Willing to give everything a try
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Why hello there!

Nice to meet ya. I'm Scottie! I'm an Administrator on the site! I joined the site in 2013 and I’ve been a moderator since 2017!

You will normally find me hiding in the 1x1 section, scurrying about in the fantasy section or I will be plodding through the back section of the site tidying it up and making the site run as smoothly as possible for one that is run by 4 over excited pugs in a trench coat…
    As you can probably tell I'm Welsh….no not that…I'm Scottish. Born and bred, full of life Scot here.

I currently work as a zooarchaeologist (means I work on animal bones in archaeology!) and when I am not on here, I am normally in a field digging somewhere! Usually dashingly dressed in High-Vis!

When I am not working, roleplaying or just hanging about on here, I am probably playing video games, watching whatever cartoon I can get my grubby mitts on or doing something vaguely crafty! BUT despite my busy schedule, I am always happy to make time for a chat, please feel free to PM/VM me if you wanna ramble, have any questions or concerns!

I do hope you have fun on this wonderful wee site and I'll try to help you as much as I can!!

Scottie out!

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Well hello there.

Hey look, it’s Michael Fassbender BEFORE he was famous!

I’m Azazeal, but you can call me Az. If you recognise the reference to a 2004-era TV programme then you get a gold star, but if not don’t worry - it’s oooooold. Or vintage, as I like to kid myself. Anyway. Ahem.

I am based in Scotland, so I am a few hours ahead of the Americans and a few hours behind the Eurasians, but I will always endeavor to reply to any messages or questions as soon as I can, so don’t be shy!

I love writing, and writing on RPA in particular because I think all of my best work is inspired by other people - other writers’ posts are the springboards for my own imagination. My favourite genre is probably sci fi, but I can happily ramble for hours with people about any story that sparks my interest.

Away from the keyboard I love to read and to take photos, both in the cities where I live and out about the landscapes of my beautiful country. Friends’ house parties and the landmarks of foreign countries have also been known to fall victim to my camera sniping. I’m almost always enthusiastic to try new things, like kayaking, snowboarding and sabre fencing, although bungee jumping is still on my to-do list. I also love cats, dogs and all fluffy things.

Like all the staff I’m here to help, so contact me any time if you have a question, a problem, or a new RP you’d like to advertise!
    Spoiler: My RP links 

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

The Grey Lady
    Fantasy, Sci-Fi, all the things.
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Greetings! Salutations! Or quite simply, hello!

I'm Hannelorian! Feel free to call me Hanne, you, hey or Hannelorian. The origin of my username fall somewhere between the world of true crime, and the fascination with the morbid. I'm pleased to be joining the staff of RPA as an RP moderator.

I have called the New England area of the United States home for the last 5 years (okay a little more if you add in time spent in Uni), and prior to that the good ol' American south. Roll tide! (IFKYK). Though to be honest, I'm much more comfortable in the land of apple orchards, corn mazes, county fairs and cold winters. Rain or shine, snow or sun, I will always be there to respond to any questions, concerns, musings or general wonderings that you might have.

Outside of RPA, I am a Product Manager for a software company, it's a wild ride but I love it. You can mostly find me spending time with my wonderful dog. We love a good hike. I also have a cat, but funnily enough he is not one for hiking, rather he prefers to sit in a comfy chair and get some sunlight reflecting through the windows. I have a love of old movies, good friends, good wine, absolutely trash reality television from to time and of course to write!

I've been writing in various forums for around 10ish years now with a few breaks every now and again. Fantasy and Science Fiction are typically my go-to categories, but if a story piques my interest I can't say no, no matter what it's about. The beauty of this site is how it emphasizes collaboration and creativity. It provides a safe haven for folks to experiment, explore and have fun. Community is one of the most important things we can have in our lives, and this community has proven to be fantastic, even if I'm on the new end having only joined in 2021.

At the end of the day, I'm here to help. So do me a favor and don't hesitate to reach out if there is anything I can do to be of assistance, or just to say hello!
    Thanks to Hayabusa/Ryoku for the set.

Ketchup Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Howdy!

I am affectionately known as Kiki. I have been a member since 2014, and was once a mod before in 2015 before needing to take quite the long break in order to head off to graduate school. I have returned, and very excited to be back aboard as a Social moderator with my fellow staff mates of RPA.

Previously hailing from Boston, I am now a resident of Canada on the West Coast. I work evenings, and I am often way behind time-wise to most, so I am available with any questions, concerns and queries into the wee late hours. You can find me often hanging about on the social areas of Downtown, greeting new members in the Intros and Who's Who thread, and maintaining my little writing corner in the Creative Writing Forum section.

I am a retired stand-up comedian, now turned licensed mental health therapist. I am honored to do the work I do, and honestly, I am still pretty funny. When I am not cracking jokes or working with clients, I am often goofing around with my dogs and husband, cooking for fun, learning how to watercolor paint and make candles, writing poetry, and undoubtedly, drinking far too much coffee. I love to travel, garden on my patio, take tons of photos, get cozy with a book, listen to the rain and trashy music (I contain multitudes), and go on long nature walks into the pacific northwest wilds, oceans, and forests. I thrive in the autumn time.

I adore this site, and all of the members who join in the spirit to create stories together, collaborate excitedly over storylines and ideas, keeping the spark of writing and play-by-post roleplays alive. It's a joy to be here and to fangirl over all the cool and interesting ideas that folks come up with. I want to see this place thrive always.

Send me a PM any time! Happy to help!

Over and out.

Last edited by Kiki; 09-19-2023 at 05:12 AM.

Demonic Princess
    I LIKE: General, Fantasy but not scifi, Romance, I love to love, I love school RPs too!
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Hello there,

Some of you may know me, I think most of you may know me especially if you’ve ever hung out in Downtown or the lower social sections of RPA. My name is Miss Devil, or MD for short, I am, I guess you would call me, an OG of RPA. Having joined this site back in oh lord, 2008 before the migration to this site. Having been here so long, I can say that I have experienced the many ups and downs of RPA. The rollercoasters of RPs, the wars of Downtown, the fun seasonal events, the lore, the creation and so on.

Now you might be wondering, what is a cute little devil, like myself, doing here on staff? Well I am here to help RPA with all the back-end stuff as well as help any users who might encounter or are encountering any technical issues with the site. Any bug issues from problems with emails, skins looking wonky, broken links, ect, I am at your service. Feel free to shoot me a PM for any technical related issues, so long as it’s related to RPA.

With that being said, what can you expect from me? Well, I work as a fulltime Full-stack developer and have for the past 6 years. Now to some of you who might not understand what that means, I basically code for a living. I spend my time looking at thousands of lines of code and designing programs, which I honestly love doing. So, I can promise you that you are all in good capable hands.

In terms of my role-playing experience, I have been in many role-plays over the years. I enjoy writing and can’t wait for NaNoWriMo this year! I already have a story brewing inside my head that’s aching to come to life. I write poetry, some might still be hidden within the archives here on RPA. I am a slower poster due to my job and sometimes life getting away from me, but I will eventually post.

I think that’s everything from me, if you wanna learn more I do have an ask me thread in Downtown so feel free to ask me anything you’re curious about. Or come pop into Downtown, stir up a little chaos, or try to take over my crown, I dare you.

Yours eternally,