Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] The Dark Truth---[Karma&Notty]

Moon Child
    Feeding Nazgul with a spoon in his white padded room.
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    I will try just about anything. Especially Twilight fanfiction. TEAM JACOB!
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

Well the offer didn't seem too bad, she just couldn't tell him about her painting or that she saved his life. That didn't seem too difficult, she would still get the chance to know him. To talk to him and get to know his hopes and dreams, his life. If it didn't work, what then?

"What if he doesn't kiss me?" Ainslie asked, still not sure this wasn't a dream. What did it matter what her dream self agreed to? Witches or whatever this thing was were not real. She would wake up and go back to her daily life soon enough. No harm in asking.

For now, she was willing to sign, given that the question she asked is answered. She was truly smitten with this kind man who fed the homeless on his lunch breaks. The man whose life she saved.

One week, what would it hurt even if it did work? She found herself still second guessing herself though, trying to talk herself into it. Why was her dream self being so rational when a witch just appeared out of the freaking fountain?

Spoiler: Looking for RP in all the wrong places? Click here! 

Spoiler: Friend Quotes 

Romance, Historical, Modern, Sci-fi, Adventure, Action
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

The witch smiled and moved forward, her glassy eyes meeting Ainslie's. "Of course, well, I suppose that is a possibility..." she said, shaking her head. Suddenly, from within the water, something began to glow, moving upwards to the woman's hand. Holding it out, it was a contract that read:

From sun down to seven days forward
    A new life is yours to take
    You can make it what you choose
    Just be sure the rules not to break

Blinded by love, and quiet to your true life
    A kiss of true love will seal your fate
    Beware not to falter, lest ye tempt eternal strife
    A slave to the waters below

"There, see? Easy and clean. Simply sign below, and you'll be on your way." The woman smiled, her eyes scanning Ainslie's face. Surely she would take the bait. Surely she would sign. It was an opportunity that she couldn't pass up, and it wouldn't come again. "Certainly you know, that this is a once in a lifetime opportunity, I'll be dropping you into the lap of the man you love....you have time to think, but not much."
    Amazing set made by the wonderful
    -[Karmic Atelier]-

Moon Child
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

Ainslie read through it quickly, nothing seemed too crazy. Some of it she didn't quite understand, but she knew she needed to have this time with him. If nothing more than to put her mind at ease! To stop thinking about the what-if's or the maybe's.

"It's a deal..." She found coming out of her mouth before she could think too much on it. As soon as she said deal a pen appeared in front of her. Covering her eyes, she grabbed it and quickly jotted her name down before she could change her mind.

Why was she so terrified? Seemed that all she had to do was not talk about what she did for a living, or the deal she made. Shouldn't be too hard for a week, and then if things went well, after that week she could decide if she wanted to tell him.

Finishing her name, she dropped the pen, but it just dissipated before hitting anything.

It took her a minute to realize she was still covering her eyes, surely she would wake soon. This dream was becoming a bit too creepy for her tastes. Getting her hopes up.

So, now what?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Grant glanced down the road as he started jogging, his gray tshirt clinging to his muscular form in the light rain. It felt good to be out and running again. Granted, he couldn't go as fast as before, or for as long as before, but he'd soon get there. It had been several weeks since the accident, but he'd been back in the States and recovering. And now, now this rainy evening was his, and his alone.

His brow furrowed slightly, and he shook his head, his hair matted to his face. Still, he couldn't get the sound of the girl's voice out of his head. He had never seen the face of the one who saved him, and he had scanned the news for signs of her, but it was no use. She was a mystery, his guardian angel. Perhaps someday, no, no, that is a foolish thought, and Grant pushed his hand through his hair, heading back toward his house. A shower would put her from his mind, and soon, he'd forget her.

------------------------------------

The witch cackled and snapped up the contract, a cruel smile on her lips. "And see him? Well, I can't make any promises, but you will certainly be there soon, dear, have no worry of that." And with a crack of thunder, her form dissipated into the fountain, and Ainslie was gone.
    -[Karmic Atelier]-

Moon Child
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

Ainslie felt weird, maybe she was waking up from that weird dream! It was definitely dark, but this didn't feel like her bed. As a matter of fact, it felt like... concrete?

Shooting open her eyes, she looked around. But it was still darkness. Nothing but darkness. She brought her hands up to rub her eyes, making sure they were in fact open, but still there was nothing but black. Her heart beating in her chest she began to feel around. Rocks, gum, a crack. This was definitely not her bed.

Standing herself up, she felt around yet again hoping to regain her vision. Yet still, there was nothing but this terrifying darkness. Taking a few steps she managed to find her voice.

"Hello? Please can someone tell me what's going on?" Maybe it was another part of her dream, a nightmare. God knows she was terrified of the dark. "Hello?!" Her voice was more panicked now as she took a few more steps. There was a noise behind her, whipping her red hair around towards the noise, she lost her footing, trying to catch herself, but tripping over something else and toppling to the ground.

"Shit..." She mumbled, tears coming to her eyes as she laid there. There was a sharp pain in the back of her head and it was now pounding. Ainslie's hands were shaking as they moved to feel the wound and came back with what felt like blood and she let out a groan.

Would she ever wake up from this crazy dream?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Grant had turned the corner heading back towards his house, in enough time to see a girl stumble and fall, landing hard on the cement. "Hey!" he called out, jogging again towards her. His eyes widened when he saw that she was bleeding, and he skidded to a stop, immediately kneeling down beside her. "Hey there, slow down, you're okay..." Grant said, one hand on her shoulder and the other cradling the back of her head.

"What happened?" he asked, glancing around to see if anyone had tried to attack her, or what may have been the cause of her fall. Lifting her hair slightly, he could see a gash, but it wasn't very deep or big. "You've gashed your head, but I think you'll be okay, head wounds always bleed something terrible. Here, let me help you up..."

Lifting the girl easily to her feet, Grant looked her over, his brows furrowed slightly. She looked familiar....though he couldn't entirely place where. Shaking his head, he put an arm around her. "My house is about 50 feet from here, I can take you inside and you can sit down, okay? If we need, we can call for an ambulance..." Holding her gently to him, he began to walk, "my name is Grant, who are you?"
    -[Karmic Atelier]-

Moon Child
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

When Ainslie heard a voice and felt arms around her she nearly jumped out of her skin. Her eyes darting toward the voice, her whole body shaking. The voice sounded kind though, like she had heard it before. It couldn't be him already! Her pounding head brought her back to reality. She couldn't see!

"I...I hit my head and... I can't see, I can't see anything!" Her words all kind of ran together and were sporadic, being suddenly blind was panic inducing. "I don't know where I am... I don't know who you are... I can't see anything..."

She was meaning to mention that she was at a pond, and then she just appeared here, but the words wouldn't come out. They just wouldn't. They were in her head, but they would not come out of her mouth. Tears were now streaming down her cheeks and she lifted her hands up to feel all around his face.

"Please, can you please just help me?" Surely she was making barely any sense, but her head was pounding now and really it was quite terrifying being suck in this darkness when she could see fine just moments before.

Wait, he had asked for her name. In all her panic and pain, she almost missed it. "Ainslie, I'm Ainslie."

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Grant stopped for a few moments as she reached up and felt his face, his brow furrowing as she did. "Is everything okay, Ainslie?" he asked, his eyes scanning hers. He frowned, looking into her wide eyes that were a cloudy sort of blue. Had they always been this way? Unsure if he should ask it or not, he spoke. "Can you see anything?"

Continuing to move again, he walked slowly, helping her down the street and then turned up a sidewalk that led to a large house. Helping her up the steps and opening the door, Grant helped her onto the couch. "Here, just sit here a minute, okay?" he said, moving to the adjoining kitchen and grabbing some towels and ice. "Let me try and clean you up a bit, then we can see how you are feeling, alright?"

The concern was evident in his voice, but there was also a strange feeling of familiarity. She seemed so familiar, like he had seen her before. But where could he have possibly seen her? Settling down on the couch near her, Grant's hands went to her shoulders, gently turning her. "Here, I'm going to see how your head looks, okay?" he said, "tell me if it hurts..."
    -[Karmic Atelier]-

Moon Child
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

Could she see anything. "No, no I can't see anything." Her voice shook with her fear as she continued to walk with the man. Her grip on him was tight as they walked, and she fumbled on the stair, she really had no choice but to trust him. God, her head was pounding. This must be the man she was looking for and this was how she met him? Gee thanks water witch.

As they made their way inside she felt herself set down on what she assumed was the couch, he was speaking again and fumbling around. It was like she could hear every little thing and that made her head pound even more. When he grabbed her shoulders she nearly jumped out of her skin for a second before trying to calm herself. Taking deep breaths was kind of helping, at least to subdue the absolutely panic.

When he said he was going to examine her, she stiffened waiting to see where he would touch her. Not being able to see or determine someone's actions did nothing for making you feel safe.

As his hands touched, she flinched, reaching up and gripping onto him. Although she wasn't sure what she was gripping onto. "Y..yes it hurts..." She clinched her teeth together, her head still darting around a bit at every noise. "Please... can you tell me where..." She sucked in her breath as she felt him touch again, flinching again. "...tell me where I am..."

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Grant smiled weakly as she immediately reached up and grabbed his arms, his hand moving to rub her arm. "Shhh," he cooed softly, parting her hair and wincing when he saw the deep gash. It was worse than he had thought, and his hand went silently to his phone in his pocket, not wanting to alarm her. "You're okay, I've got you..." he murmured, dialing 9-1-1 and lifting the phone to his ear.

This is 9-1-1, what's your emergency? Grant's eyes went to Ainslie and he let his hand rest on her shoulder before running down her arm and finally taking her hand in his, squeezing gently. "Yes, I've foun- she's hit the back of her head, and has a pretty bad gash, and is telling me that she can't see..." Can you tell me how the accident happened, sir? Grant's eyes never left Ainslie, wishing that she would be able to see back into his, to see how concerned he was for her. Giving her hand a reassuring squeeze, Grant spoke. "I was coming back from a run, and when I turned the corner she was on the ground. I didn't see how it happened, but she needs help. We are dispatching an ambulance, what is your address? "It's 1541 North Lancaster," Grant said, taking in a deep breath and glancing around.

Hanging up the phone, he reached up and gently held Ainslie's chin with one hand. "They are sending an ambulance, we are going to find out what has happened, okay?" his voice was gentle and steady, though inside he was terrified. He hadn't seen that she had a purse- did that mean she had any sort of identification? He didn't even know who she was. What would happen if she never recovered from this? Where was her family? Her friends? Would he just leave her there at the hospital? Grant wasn't entirely sure why, but he felt drawn to Ainslie, a need to protect her.

Within minutes, the sounds of the ambulance sirens drew nearer and stopped in front of his house. Grant stood and squeezed Ainslie's hand. "I'm going to get the door, but I'll be right back, okay?" His footsteps faded away, and were soon joined by two other sets.

"I'm Joe and this is Maria, we are EMTs. We'll be checking you out and then taking you to the hospital for some further tests, okay?" the unfamiliar voice came, and then hands, reaching and gently lifting Ainslie from the couch and onto the stretcher. Grant stepped back, his heart pounding, his arms crossed over his chest. Now what?

As they started to wheel her out of the room, he jogged after them. "Hey, can I come with you?" Maria looked at him as they loaded the stretcher into the ambulance and shook her head, "I'm sorry, we can only allow family members to ride with us." Grant's mind immediately raced. He only knew this woman's name, how could he?.... "I'm her fiance," he said quickly and without second thought. Maria looked to Joe, then nodded. Climbing into the back of the ambulance, Grant knelt down beside the bed and took Ainslie's hand, squeezing it again. "You're alright, I'm here," he murmured softly.
    -[Karmic Atelier]-

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast