Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] The Dark Truth---[Karma&Notty]

Moon Child
    Feeding Nazgul with a spoon in his white padded room.
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    I will try just about anything. Especially Twilight fanfiction. TEAM JACOB!
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

Ainslie heard the sirens and then the EMT's but she still jumped when hands were put onto her. She didn't want to be alone with these people unable to see. She felt like a newborn baby scared of every noise and every touch. The only thing that sounded familiar to her now, was Grant's.

Her head was pounding harder now and she faintly heard Grant tell them he was her fiance. Ainslie almost opened her mouth to protest, but quickly shut it again. She wanted him along with her. He was comforting. When she felt him take her hand she let out a breath of relief and those words, the simple assurance that he was there, comforted her.

-----------------------------------------------

After hours of tests at the hospital and lots of questions she was left just as confused as they seemed to be. She seemed to only be able to give them her first name. She couldn't tell them where she was from, what she did for a living, nothing that seemed to be able to place her. Almost as if she was Ainslie Doe. She still knew where she came from her address, everything, but she physically could not get the words out of her mouth.

They assumed form her silence that she just didn't know. It was frustrating and draining and it didn't help that she was blind and she couldn't tell them why. For one she didn't know, and her one guess was that witch that she thought was a dream and she couldn't tell them about that either. Not that she would try, they would think her crazy. Still she wasn't quite sure if this was all a dream.

With directions for her to rest, the doctor told her she would be out of there soon, the pain in her head was a bit less with the painkillers and she heard the doctor ask to speak to Grant outside, not wanting to upset her more. That just made her more frustrated, she didn't have amnesia! She wasn't some child to be protected, but she said nothing just laying back on the bed, wishing she could see her surroundings. Maybe then this would all be less frustrating and terrifying.

Spoiler: Looking for RP in all the wrong places? Click here! 

Spoiler: Friend Quotes 

Romance, Historical, Modern, Sci-fi, Adventure, Action
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Grant stayed beside Ainslie for as long as he could, and did his best to fill in the answers with some information of his own. She could claim his own address as hers, and as for insurance, well hopefully if she was put under his name, it would take. While she was in for testing, Grant paced back and forth, nervous, and unsure if what he was doing was even the right thing. At any moment he could walk out, and really- who would blame him? She was a complete stranger, and yet, for some reason, she felt familiar. He had to help her.

Hearing the doctor call his name, he stood from the chair beside her bed where he had been sitting, and followed him out of the room. Shutting the door behind him, the doctor looked to Grant, studying him. "I...I don't know your story, but I feel like I can trust you." Grant's eyes scanned the doctor's, feeling as though the older man knew exactly what was going on here. "We couldn't find any conclusive results as to why she can't see. The brain can be a strange thing, and it may be nothing more than shock from hitting her head. But...I can't tell you how long she will be blind, or if she will ever regain her sight." He pursed his lips slightly and rocked on his heels, "otherwise, she's got a concussion from the fall she took, but that doesn't account for the blindness, or the amnesia she seems to be suffering from." Grant nodded, pushing his hands into the pockets of his shorts as he listened. "She needs to take it easy. And she will need a lot of help and support from you. Suddenly going blind can be, well...terrifying. She's completely dependent on you now, young man." The doctor placed a hand on his shoulder and squeezed slightly. "It shouldn't be too long and we will have her out of here, do you have a way to get home?"

Grant smiled and shook his head, saying that he would arrange for a cab to pick them up. With a slight wave, the doctor turned and headed down the hall. Grant stood at the door for a moment, his hand on the knob. Should he enter? Wait, no. How could he even think of leaving her? She had no one. No one but him. Pushing the knob, he stepped in and moved back to the bed. Sitting down on the edge, he smiled, his eyes moving over her face, slower now, taking in her features. She was beautiful. "Hey," he murmured, reaching up and cupping her cheek slightly, letting his thumb brush over her jaw. "Doctor seems to think you'll be okay," he continued, trying to be as reassuring as possible. "Just a little bit and we can head home, okay?" His heart pounded at the words. Home. Suddenly it was their home. Grant's entire life had changed.
    Amazing set made by the wonderful
    -[Karmic Atelier]-

Moon Child
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

Ainslie felt the bed sink and moved her head toward the feeling. Before he ever touched her she knew it was Grant, he had a scent to him that felt safe and she relaxed against the bed. When the touch came at first she jumped a little, but it was actually quite soothing and it was only moments before she leaned her cheek into his gentle strokes, closing her eyes and taking a deep breath.

This man had taken care of her even though he didn't know her and he was being so kind and caring, she knew he was kind from his time at the beach, but she had never imagined that his compassion extended this far.

The gentle touches caused her mind to calm and her whole body to visibly relax. When he mentioned that they would be heading home though, she leaned forward. "You really don't have to do that... I'm really sorry about all of this." Now he was extending his home to a complete stranger, it was too much. She hadn't planned on being a burden. It seemed nothing was turning out how she expected. How was she supposed to get him to kiss her when not only could she not see, there were things she couldn't speak either.

Now, she was just a burden and although maybe he felt obligated to help her, she doubted it could ever be a romance. It was not the chance she had wished for at all, it was a disaster.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Grant smiled and slowly moved his hand from her cheek, pushing some hair back from her face and then tucking it behind her ear. The movements were gentle and soft, but full of concern. He didn't know who this woman was, but he felt a strange connection to her, and a need to keep her safe.

It was less than an hour after Grant had talked to the doctor when Ainslie was released, and Grant slowly pushed the wheelchair that she sat in out to the front of the hospital. Outside a cab was waiting, and after helping her up and into the car, Grant climbed in after her.

Now, in the silence of the car, Grant's mind began to race. How long do I let her stay? Until she regains her sight- what if she never gets it back? Perhaps her memory then- but what if she never gets that back either? His eyes wandered over to Ainslie's profile, and he watched her in silence for a few minutes. What must she be thinking? Feeling? What emotions were going through her right now? Terror? Fear? Anxiety? Sadness? Shifting in the plastic seat, Grant moved a little closer to her and took her hand, squeezing slightly. "It's going to be okay," he said, hoping to reassure her.

As the cab slowed and finally stopped, Grant leaned forward and paid the driver, then climbed out. Taking only a moment to compose himself, he leaned down and took Ainslie's hand, gently helping her from the cab, and then up the steps to his house. Feeling more settled with the fact that at least some of the oddities about this girl were settled, Grant pushed the key into the lock and turned it, opening the door and letting Ainslie in once more. "Well, uhm, here we are," Grant said somewhat awkwardly, unsure of what to say since she was unable to see. "Are you, uhm, are you hungry? Or tired?" His eyes went to her hair and shirt, both matted now with dried blood. "Do you want a shower or anything?"
    -[Karmic Atelier]-

Moon Child
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

There was a mix of emotions flooding over here on their ride home. Every sound seemed to be amplified, ever smell seemed strong. Everything was new, and although she was still quiet scared and anxious, for some reason it felt easier knowing he was next to her. When his hand met hers, she didn't even jump this time, just squeezed it gently. "Thank you." She said softly. The gratefulness was not only because he was reassuring her but a whole slew of things. For making her feel safe, for opening his home, for stopping when she was hurt to begin with. For staying with her in the hospital and more.

She felt so helpless as she was led into the house, her hands feeling around and eventually kind of gripping onto him. His home smelled like him, and again it felt safe. Then he started asking what she might want or need. How was she supposed to do any of those things when she couldn't see? She realized there were plenty of blind people that were able to function, but she had not had years to become accustomed or to learn. Ainslie didn't want him to feel bad though, so maybe she could at least try?

"Yes." She gave a small smile in his direction and a little laugh, answering all his questions with yes. She was hungry, tired, and definitely needed a shower. Clearing her throat, she ran a hand over her hair which was matted with blood and dirt. "If you could direct me toward the bathroom, I should probably shower first..." Her voice was soft as she tried to work out how she would do it in an unfamiliar bathroom, but again she didn't want him to be concerned or worried.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Grant nodded and put a hand around her waist, walking slowly with Ainslie to the bathroom. Opening the door, it revealed a rather large and spacious bathroom. "This bathroom has a stand up shower..." he said, slowly moving into the bathroom with her. With one hand around her waist to help keep her steady, the other took her hand and helped her to feel things as they walked. "The toilet is first, then the sink.." he murmured, moving her hand over the smooth marble of the countertop. "And then the shower."

Opening the door to the shower, he smiled a little and looked at Ainslie. "I'll start the shower for you. There is soap in there already, though...its guy stuff," he chuckled, his eyes scanning her face. "Uhm, I can leave a towel out for you, and you can borrow some clothes..."

Hesitantly he released her hand, and then her waist. "Uhm, let me start the shower and then I'll be out of your way." he said, leaning in and turning on the shower, making sure that the water was warm and comfortable. "If you need anything, just uhm, just holler, okay?" Grant looked at Ainslie, unsure of what she would be able to accomplish on her own, then gave a slight smile, even though she couldn't see it. "I'll stay close by so I can hear if you need help." Then he turned, placed a large fluffy towel on the counter of the sink, and stepped out of the bathroom.
    -[Karmic Atelier]-

Moon Child
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

Ainslie would never have thought that a shower could be scary, but as her hand ran over things and she tried to memorize where they were, she wouldn't admit it but it was in fact a bit frightening.

She nodded as he spoke taking deep breaths and waiting for the door to click shut before she began to take off her clothes. Her shirt came off okay, but as she was trying to undo her pants, she realized these were the pair of pants that had an odd clip on the side, she had problems with these even when she could see, not to mention the zipper stuck!

Ainslie tugged and pulled and twisted, but they the clasp didn't want to come loose. So then she thought maybe she would just push her pants off with them still clasped. Grabbing both sides of her pants, she pulled down hard, but not only was she off balance in her new blindness, but her hands slipped causing her to topple over.

Reaching out she tried to catch herself, but she just ended up knocking god knows what off the sink and pulling the towel that he hand hung up on top of her. Tears came to her eyes as she laid there in a heap on the floor. She couldn't even undress herself? God this was embarrassing, she felt ashamed of herself. One tear escaped her eye as she laid there and tried to think. She didn't want to call Grant in and make him feel obligated to help her do something simple like showering. Maybe she would just get in the stupid shower with her pants on. She just wanted to be clean, to feel less ashamed of herself.

Screw it. with her pants still on and her bra too(the clamps proved to be hard when blind too) she ended up just stepping into the shower and letting the now a bit too cool of water run over her. Feeling around yet again for some shampoo she knocked a bunch of things off the shelf yet again. She was sure she sounded as if she was causing an avalanche in here.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Grant stayed outside the door, pacing slightly. Would she be okay in there? With one hand crossed over his chest, the other ran through his hair, trying to figure out exactly what to do now. Though his house was large and had several bedrooms, he only had one bed- his. The other bedrooms served as an office, a library and a studio. He couldn't make her sleep on the couch....

Hearing crashing coming from inside the bathroom, Grant stepped a little closer and knocked on the door. "Everything okay in there, Ainslie?" he asked, concerned, one hand on the doorknob in case he needed to step in. Would she even want his help, though? He was a stranger, and asking him to come into the bathroom while she was showering- well it put her in a very vulnerable position. Even then...

It was a strange situation, that was for sure, and as he waited for her response, he continued to think. At least I work from home for the most part, that will help. I don't want her here by herself. That isn't safe. I'll have to find some clothes for her. Maybe we can work on finding her family or where she's from.

But hearing more items clatter on the floor, Grant frowned, his hand holding tighter on the doorknob. "Ainslie?" he called out, hoping that she had just knocked things over. "Are you sure you're okay?"
    -[Karmic Atelier]-

Moon Child
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

Ainslie sighed, she heard his voice outside the door. Was she okay? How would she even be able to tell which was the shampoo? With a frustrated sigh and another tear which was well hidden with the water running over here. "I..." She cleared her throat. "I don't know which... which is the shampoo." She felt like such a child, fully dependent on a stranger.

It made her feel so helpless and vulnerable. "You can come in, since obviously I can't even shower by myself." She said irritated, she wasn't meaning to aim her irritation and fear at him, it was just inexplicable how she felt at this very moment. With her clothes on in the shower and still unable to wash her own hair. She just wanted to feel like she had a bit of control.

To feel clean and somewhat not like some crazy invalid that needed constant supervision, but that wasn't in the cards for her. Listening closely, she listened for him to enter the door, so as not to be caught off guard by him. "I know... I know it's a lot to ask, if you could even just hand me the shampoo, that would be enough. I'm not trying to be such a burden."

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Hearing her allow him to come in, Grant slowly turned the doorknob and opened the door. He wasn't entirely sure of what to expect, and couldn't help but smile when he saw that she was still half dressed. Stepping a little closer and opening the door to the shower, Grant couldn't help but chuckle. "I suppose that's one way to cut down on laundry," he grinned, leaning over and grabbing the bottles that had fallen on the floor, his own clothes getting wet.

As he leaned up, he placed the bottles on the shelf again. "Here, shampoo is first, then body wash is second, okay?" He watched Ainslie for a moment, his clothes now getting soaked as he stood halfway into the shower. "Do..." he began, unsure if she would want to be undressed completely or not. "Do you want me to help you undress? Or...or would you rather stay like that?" he asked, looking at the clothes that now clung to her body. "I...I promise I won't try anything, I won't even look if you don't want me to."
    -[Karmic Atelier]-

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast