Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the story behind the username you chose?

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Sci Fi, Contemporary Fiction
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I compare myself to a robot, a lot of the time. This is because of a joke, between me and an ex, that only got more true as I got older. So I named myself (and a character I was working on at the time) Emet, after the world's first 'robot' in a sense. Emet was a golem in an old story, who had his name written on his forehead/a piece of paper in his mouth. His name meant life/soul, and if you took away one of the letters it became Met, and that would turn him back into lifeless clay, because it meant death.

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

I'm a very private person, but if I call myself private, generals would have an excuse to order me around.
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Kind of all over the place. I love dystopian sci fi & fantasy settings. And also other stuff!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And because Commander Shepard is still a jerk.

July Member of the Month
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

-sighs- Ok, so I have to go into some family stuff for you to properly understand. I grew up without my father, because he is/was an abusive alcoholic. Now I don't want you to get the wrong idea about him, when he's sober my mother said he was the most wonderful person, it's just do to his past he drank a lot. With that said, my father was always aloud to visit me the rules being 1. It's always supervised and 2. As long as he was sober (Which meant, I rarely see/saw him).

There's a city in New Mexico, that's called Angel Fire. It's a beautiful small town in the mountains. Well, my dad really wanted to spend some "quality time" with my mom and I there. Angel Fire is a small resort town, just so you can get a feel of what it's like, and it's most famous for the Ski resort there.

After the better part of a month of dad begging, both my grandparents agreed to drive all that way. So we were off! Road trips were a common thing with us, my grandmother loved to travel, so we had a ton of fun driving there. Long story short, after a few hours of searching for him, we found out that he wasn't there because he spent the night at a bar on my reservation. Despite that earth shattering moment, it was one of the best trips we ever had, and now that I'm in my early twenties, I appreciate the memory even more.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

I was really into the song Radioactive by Imagine Dragons, and I'm also into racing. So I mixed the two. Short and simple. I'm not great with names.

Platinum Star, Yo!
    Lots of things, but especially anything with princesses. :3
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

My name comes from my books, and my favourite character in my books is named Zulera.
    I have so many characters that I number them to keep track of them all, and Zulera is #301.

So, Zulera301 was simply fitting.
    https://i.imgur.com/RaDVxYz.png
    Last edited by Zulera301; 11-05-2016 at 12:44 AM.
    'The Crown of Zivia' Word Count: 64319
    'The Crusade of Zulera' Word Count: 52548
    'The Shadows of Shinzoka' Word Count: 51000
    'The Rebirth of Krippa' Word Count: 51000
    'The Seer of Koldia' Word Count: 49114

The Avatar in Chains (fanfic)
    Z. Zu. Zul. Zuzu. Zuly. Zulera. Lulu. 301. Zu-Zu. ZZ-Top. Zuliette. Zuley. Zulz. Zuul. Zubat. 'Lera. Zulianne. Z301. Z-hizzle. Z-dawg. Zulerey. Zully. Zulio. Luz. Ra-ra. Z-swiss. Zulera301.

Medieval Fantasy, Modern Fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's my name....My name is Leanne and I get called Lea. Surname begins with a K so that's that.

Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Stardust is my callsign in most games. Comes from an old old 3D shooter called Descent... playing with some classmates in grade school who started to get into it, and they would all have fun flying into walls and each other... until Stardust showed up, and would do worse than just kill you ingame. And it stuck ever since.
    War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Romance
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I chose Miss Ailis because Ailis is a variation of my real name and Ailis is either Irish/Scottish, both of which I like. I added "Miss" because I am a lady. I was thinking of Lady Ailis but Miss Ailis rolls off the tongue more fluidly.

Rambling on the shore between waking and dreaming
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

It was 1990 and the internet was still most inhabited by people with actual paychecks and too much free time, or were earning their paychecks while being on the internet. Memes were not yet a thing. Heck, saying 'a thing' to denote the affirmation of the existence of something wasn't a thing yet. Social networking could be done, but it was a difficult process and took hours.

So, into this landscape, insert a preteen girl that was forced to use the internet (Yes, forced is the right word. This would be before web browsers, folks. You had to type everything, there were no pictures, no spell correct, no user-friendly search engines, and way too many arrogant elitist types.) to research marine biology.

Naturally, I picked a screen name that sounded kinda neat, and wasn't so lame/juvenile that the people I was trying to talk to wouldn't just laugh me out of their spheres of influence.

It stuck. I haven't been able to get rid of 'Krysis' ever since.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast