Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the story behind the username you chose?

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Dark Fantasy, anime, selective sci-fi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I made it up one year when I was in high school, too many years ago lol. She was a mage I created that was a supportive character in a long epic type fantasy story. I have also used it while playing WoW to, but this is the first time I have used it in about 6 years.

Sci-Fi, Action, Adventure
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Hael Katrin.

Two characters of mine. They've stuck with me through the past two years of my rping. They were my first characters.

Hael, an Angel from Heaven. She tried to kill her Brother, who in turn killed her. God (Chuck) brought her back, though she doesn't know this, nor does she know why. She left earth, to go to join the jedi. After that, it was one adventure after another. Her timeline too muddled to explain.

Katrin: Hael's Vessel. She was severely disabled as a child, and so, left at a care home. Her parents abandoned her. She was a Quadraplegic, could barely move her arms, no fine motor control whatsoever. She lived her life in that one bedroom. Until age 21, when Hael came. In Katrin's universe, Supernatural is just a show. But, one day, she had a feeling to pray to the character on the screen. So, she did. And Hael came. Hael promised healing, if Katrin let her in. Except, Katrin had one condition. Hael had to give her control once in a while. This had previously been unheard of. But, Hael was desperate and scared. So, she agreed.

They've been with me through a lot these past two years. Each of them helping me in their own way. They are more than just characters.

While I usually compare myself to Katrin, and when I first started rping, I expected people to make that connection and call me Katrin. They did not. They thought I was the Angel in the story. So, Hael stuck.

What is an Angel, without her Wings?

romance, sci-fi, dark, fantasy, supernatural
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It was my Freshmen year or Sophomore year of college. I came from Michigan and moved to Nebraska for school. When you have blue hair or pink hair where I'm from its not a big deal. However.. When you move into the middle of a corn field. You are suddenly spooky.

People started to call me spooky and it stuck.
    “Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment”
    ― Rumi

Most
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Found a generator for usernames

I saw "Comet"

Boom

Done
    Spoiler: Signature 

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Well my name before this was J.P.Clyde or simply Clyde. Which is my initials of my real name. The funny thing is my real name also sounds like a great pen name, so it's just funny to put it as my name online because no one would consider its my real name.

Beyond that, Mr. Cynic an inside joke. Because a lot of people think I am too cynical or pessimistic. But! In real life everyone thinks I am so nice and so kind. So its a bit of a joke on my character.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I was listening to a song from the Valkyrie Profile 2 soundtrack as I registered. It wouldn't let me put profile so Valkyrie stuck and the rest is history as they say.

Give into Decay...
    RPAFanfiction
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Omac is based on an underappreciated greek hero, Maculus.

...acually it's just a nickname my step dad called me. "Oh, Mac!". He called me Mac, but I always thought he was saying "Omac,".

The seals have been broken...
    The Purgament has begun...
    The Piper's out of the basement...
    The Dead have started to boogie...
    Decay is Coming

Spoiler: The winner is... 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I created this username first many years ago when I was a young teenager. I don't really remember much of the inspiration behind it, but it stuck and I've used it on many sites since. At the time I may have been going through an astronomy phase, so that might be part of it.

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Tolvo was a made up name a friend started calling me at lunch, it then stuck as my nickname and I've used it ever since.
    On Hiatus from RP'ing
    My pronouns are She/Her, and They/Them. If it's hard to constantly switch just stick with She/Her.

Sci-fi, modern fantasy, or anything fun.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Not much to it really. My name is Ian and I draw... s...
    It was supposed to be simple like that. I didn't want to sound too assuming, lol.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast