Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the story behind the username you chose?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Story time then?

When I originally started on a forum(not the one i came here from) back in 2006 I used to have the name Zeke and tried sticking myself into some RP's that ended up being really... rough. (No joke you can post once if three hours later six pages will have already flown by.)
    Then at some point everyone in there started changed their names. I went from darthvader to the bleach anime/manga names and one of them ended up being my username for the last several years(at least that site in still up, just not as lively as it used to be).

Got myself into another forums around march 2010(this is the one i came from) and my original name there was...Crono Cross i think? then I remembered this anime series I watched, the series being Negima, learned about the manga of that then My obsession with anime/manga grew even more. Then while waiting for chapter updates I actually did join a few RP's on this newer ish site(it's mangafox btw) and there was even one based off the Negima series but it was dead.
    Eventually though some of us went and made a successor for that rp and through all that i changed my name a could times to a character from tales of vesperia then I turned into a weirdo and then changed my name to this one. Jack Rakan ended up being one of my favorite characters so i stuck with it since mid or late 2011-2012.

*Then During that time in a series of events that would take over couple pages of story time with all kinds of glorious battles against epic demons and whatnot!

Eventually some of us moved to a different site around late 2015 to continue a rp because the mf community started to die off. Then losing some rp interest early or late 2016 I took a break last year around mid year starting final fantasy 14 and playing it since then then two or so months ago found that they shut down the Forums for MF because they couldnt afford to keep it open (well they kinda let the forums die wrongfully and on purpose I hear... the jerks)

But yeah i used a archive site to get all my character stuff out, took some screens then didn't do anything till reread Negima again and started crying at some points remembering those days, actually my sig is a remnant if it. (which again is a very long tale).
    ----------------------

phew now thats over. I pretty much stuck with this name for several years now and even use it for discord. So yeah...
    Thats the story behind my username.

I am seriously thinking of posting this story somewhere where can i do that?
    The Thousand Blades, The Man Who Cannot Die, The Immortal Fool
    That Damn Guy Who You Can Stab With Swords All You Like And It Won't Do A Thing, Dammit
    image credit to bow wowser

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Once you're a member, try a blog post or pop into the Creative Corner forums.
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Loads of people just call me Pad. Not particularly exciting really. I used to go by the username The Welsh Paddy in a lot of places, that kinda evolved through a string of nicknames I had growing up starting from when I was in the marine cadets as a teenager. First it was IRA Paddy, but that got deemed too inappropriate, plus I never liked it, so then it just became Paddy, then my friends over in Ireland started calling me Paddy Welsh and then that got changed to The Welsh Paddy on account of my awesomeness. Up until then, forum usernames tended to be some generic fanboy crap like Mighty Sephiroth.

I guess you could say Pad came from all that because it is pretty much a shortened version of all the other real life nicknames I had.

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Romance
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's my irl nickname, my bf gave it to me in 9th grade when we first met because he didn't know my name, but I knew his and he was embarrassed to ask. haha! He called me Ace for like 2 weeks before asking one of his buddies what my name actually was *shakes head* but the nickname stuck and most of our friends call me that too.

Fantasy, Romance, Historical
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Mine originated because i love lions and also because my zodiac sign is leo!
    Credit's to karma

Spoiler: My Roleplays 

I AM NOW SEMI-ALIVE!!!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

I slapped my key board once when I was younger and moved in alternating vowels.

Sadly nothing special but it stuck.
    Activity Dates: I am most frequent Monday, Wednesday through Saturday. I am rarely free Tuesdays and Sundays though may be able to find some time.

Currently looking for friends and Rp's if you think I might fit please let me know!

Your daily overdose of cute
    Fantasy, Sify, Romance, adventure, slice of life on occasion.
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

When I started out on Gaia it was something (Idr what the first part was) Rosewolf and later Changed to Larkwolfwing which was one of the first Character I ever made and Larkwolfwing followed me over to this site. And then later while I was picking out a Pen name I liked I created P.K. Scrittor and so I changed my name here to P.K. as you see me now
    P.K. Scrittor is roughly 3 words from 3 different languages that roughly translates to paper book writer. I had a lot of fun messing around with google translator to come up with something I liked.
    P.K.'s character locker ~ P.K.'s word works ~ P.K.'s Idea store

1x1 = 1/5 Multi = 0/5 PW = 0/2
    Spoiler: Other things. 

Romance, Historical, Modern, Sci-fi, Adventure, Action
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Hmmmmm *thoughtfully strokes chin*

Honestly, that’s a good question. If I remember correctly, my username used to be NotWhoIWas, and at some point, I think it was Karma or Kris or someone started calling me “Notty” and well, it just kinda stuck

Not a super exciting story
    Amazing set made by the wonderful
    -[Karmic Atelier]-

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

The origins of my username should be clear, but in case it is not, I will tell you. My username came from the cartoon TV series called Danny Phantom, and it was created by Butch Hartman. The show one of my favorites when I was younger, and I liked it so much, that my parents decided to get me a Danny Phantom birthday cake one year.

Anyways, my obsession with Danny faded for a while, and I moved onto other things, such as Pokemon or Sonic the Hedgehog. The reason I got back into Danny Phantom after several years is because I decided to go look up Danny Phantom fanfiction on the internet, and that's what ultimately made my liking of the half-ghost return. It even got to the point where I was watching the few episodes of Danny Phantom that I missed and never watched on Netflix, before it got removed from Netflix and put on Hulu.

Now, I have seen all the episodes of Danny Phantom, and I even own the whole series of DVD. Not to mention, I have a copies of Danny Phantom that I ripped from my DVDs on my laptop's hard drive as well as my external 2 terabyte hard drive for backup purposes.

Thanks for taking the time to read this story about my username.

The Invisible One
    Superhero; Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

When I joined RPA my username was InfraredRainbow, and I literally only picked that because I thought it sounded like a cool username. Then I changed to InfraredKitten because someone turned me into a kitten downtown or something. Then I was InfraredKING because I like the word King. Now I'm InfraredHero because I like heroes.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast