Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: What's the story behind the username you chose?

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Animal, Fantasy creatures/people, Steampunk, Apocalypse, LGBTQ+
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

I should bring Saberstripe back. He’s actually a Somali cat who can turn into a saber-toothed tiger, so he’s not an anthro at all. My PFP’s are just what mood I’m in. I’m not that familiar with anthro or furries but my friend opened me to the idea. I dabbled in it but I don’t have a supportive friend group for exploring it more I guess. I just always through the art was admirable.

My friends used to bash furries. Tall they would talk about was how horrible those conversations are. I’m incredulous to their negative opinion; they’ve never been to a convention. I’d love to go to one. I used to act like an animal as a kid so if I could do it again, I can finally feel like a happy kid again.

Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Sci Fi, Post-Apocolypse, Slice of Life, Drama, Historical, Whatever
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

You should do it! I love the idea of a little cat becoming a saber tooth tiger lol.

I don't really have any interest in all the furry stuff. It seems sweaty, expensive, and tedious to me lol. My friends make fun of them too, especially the guys. I won't lie before I actually met some I thought they were all weird and it was a fetish kind of thing. After meeting them I realized I was being a jerk. I didn't go into the actual convention so I have no idea what it's like but I felt safe and welcome while waiting outside and I think that says a lot :)

Fanatsy, Modern, Romance, Sci fi
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

My reasoning for my username is due to my fascination with lightning and the fact it relates to a character I've been working on for a while

I know its not all that original like the amazing names I've seen here, but I chose the name when i was younger, so i am attached to it as apart of my soul. The wild and erratic nature of lightning, combined with its ability to spark creation and its vibrant colors led me to design a story for him, and even started role playing a lot with others to sharpen it through the years.

In short, its like an extension of my very essence, creativity, and fun when i find something that peaks my interest

Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Sci Fi, Post-Apocolypse, Slice of Life, Drama, Historical, Whatever
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
    My reasoning for my username is due to my fascination with lightning and the fact it relates to a character I've been working on for a while

I know its not all that original like the amazing names I've seen here, but I chose the name when i was younger, so i am attached to it as apart of my soul. The wild and erratic nature of lightning, combined with its ability to spark creation and its vibrant colors led me to design a story for him, and even started role playing a lot with others to sharpen it through the years.

In short, its like an extension of my very essence, creativity, and fun when i find something that peaks my interest
    What an amazing and wholesome perspective! I think Raiden is pretty cool. I don't think it's unoriginal either. Your reasons for choosing the name and what it means to you are unique. :) Plus Rai Rai is a super cute nickname lol.

It is such a good feeling to pour yourself into something you enjoy. :) I'd love to see what this character you're working on is like sometime. :)

Fanatsy, Modern, Romance, Sci fi
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Thank you, i really appreciate the feed back, and glad to know I am going in the right direction so far

I do have the character in mind, just trying to decide how to get him involved in this server and should he start with nothing or items from the start

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I started with a 1x1 RP and it has helped me a lot. :) It took a lot of pressure off because I only had to adapt my writing to one person. I admit though that its the only rp I've done so far... but I love it. :) I made a thread for characters I come up with and that has helped me with inspiration and motivation. Maybe you can try something like that for Raiden first and find some 1x1 RP partners, or jump into a group, to explore how you want to write him? Your partner(s) can help you figure out what makes the most sense for him to have/be capable of in the setting I think. :)

If you want to see my character thread here's the link:

https://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=96875

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
    Thank you, i really appreciate the feed back, and glad to know I am going in the right direction so far

I do have the character in mind, just trying to decide how to get him involved in this server and should he start with nothing or items from the start
    That would depend largely on the roleplay game you join. Some start with nothing, not even the clothes on their backs. Others carry around a convivence store. Really, it comes down to how you justify it and if the leader for that game agrees.
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

That was kind of uncertain for me too when I first joined RPA. I imagined this as working more like a video game or d&d where there were specific settings and stuff and you got rewarded with items. I like how it really is much more though. :) it's very free and that makes it much easier to be creative imo.

Animal, Fantasy creatures/people, Steampunk, Apocalypse, LGBTQ+
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

I am also grateful that sites like these are very open and allow such autonomy right off the bat. I know some RP sites include ranking systems or a main roleplay (like if it was a Warrior Cats RPG site, the main thread would be the Warrior Cats RP that the admins were running with strict rules) but they most often allow the users to create a decent amount of their own content too.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

There is stuff like that here too right? Like the arena and RP of the week?

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast