Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the story behind the username you chose?

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fandom, horror, post apocalyptic, sci-fi, fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default What's the story behind the username you chose?

I've seen some really nifty names on this site. How did you think of your username? Is there a story behind it?

Month the of Member November
    Fantasy
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

Crazywolf is derived from Crazyhorse who was a Sioux war-chief in American history. I chose the wolf part because I like wolves.
    Born to be a king & fighting to survive in a world with the darkest powers.

The Fresh Prince of Britain • RPAs personal wolf fetish • RPA's Wolf Mascot • Crazy the Wolfheart

sci-fi; fantasy; cyber- steam- diesel- atomic-punk
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hmm, Actually I adopted ThunderChief a few years back on the Halo Wars forum, I was active in the community before the game was released, (but disappointed with the final product). I actually borrowed the name from the Republic F-105 Thunderchief (A fighter/bomber used by the U.S. Air Force during the Vietnam War) for no reason other than I think it sounds cool.

However since I've joined this forum and adopted ThunderChief as my SN I've been wracking my brain trying to come up with a theme that evokes some meaning behind the name.

And you, any meaning behind Cham?

Urban fantasy, heroic sci-fi, vampire horror
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, my name is Mina, and this'll date the hell out of me, but the first rpg I played in was a Tekkaman Blade universe and my assigned call sign was Archangel, so I kept it. It's a fourteen year throwback.

RPA's Grey-Eyed Charmer
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

When I was very young and silly (as opposed to old and silly as I am now) I used to write execrable poetry under the name "Sylvaepen Rex" - whenI first got online I shortened this to "Sylvae" then, since the name caused some gender confusion, "Sy"... and I was born on the 23rd of a certain month, so...
    My thanks to the wonderful .Karma for my gorgeous sig!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He Qie is a rough transliteration of the Chinese for Nuclear Penguin. Tactical Nuclear Penguin is the name of one of the strongest beers in the world, (the article is old, this company has surpassed this record with Sink the Bismarck. Anyway, I liked the name, but decided to translate it into Chinese, because that's where I'm living now.
    Last edited by He Qie; 10-18-2016 at 02:34 PM.

Anything that sparks my interest, really. I tend to avoid medieval/historical fantasy/fiction
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I came up with LexiZone three years ago when I got back into RP. I was trying to come up with a username that I would never part with--one that was unique. A lot of my RP friends from back in the day-day called me Lexi, so I decided on "Zone" to be a unique last name for my username it has worked very well for me so far! At least I think I'm recognizable lols.

A Leaf on the Wind
    Comedy, Drama, Fantasy, Mythology, ect
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I chose Maya because it can mean Illusion. Who is Maya? Depends on the day..

Fantasy, Futuristic, and anything else to mind.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Garrus Vakarian, Ex-Citadel Security to Mercenary.

I like his background when he tried to become something, but that organization only kept him from a long run. When I first recruited him in the first Mass Effect. He was a hot head who wanted things to be run by his way. After learning about himself and his past and a lot of talking him down to be a steady guy. He had compassion, but needed guidance.

I was little surprised to see him in ME2. I had a hunch he was going to be part of the crew again. But it looked like he himself was in a lot of stress since losing his own team to the criminal lords of Omega. Fighting for justice and protecting the innocent was his ideal. It took a while to understand his situation and once again had to talk him down about killing someone who was already dead. The Romance option was surprising. He admitted about losing his team, his job with C-Sec. But when I decided to have Sheppard romance with the Turian, it was a sweet moment.

For ME3 I was curious when I would run into Garrus again, since he has this habit of getting into trouble and Sheppard is usually the one who comes to the rescue. Now there were several options to pick when you finally get a choice of who to finally become in love with. The scene when Garrus took Sheppard to the balcony to shoot a few bottles and determine who is the better shooter. I thought about using the Renegade option, but that would be too cruel. So I decided to let Garrus take the win.

So that is why I like about Garrus, he reminds me of me. Having a hard life and it comes too cruel to be in, but still have that fighting chance at life. [No..not dying.]

New Forum Person Mage Clawhammer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mage Clawhammer was a character in a book I tried to write while I was in fourth grade. The book attempt died, but the character moved on with me. I had taken a liking to him, and I kept dreaming up new stories in which he was involved. When I joined up with Yahoo chat, I brought him along for the ride, and the experience opened up new avenues into his character that I hadn't considered.

He then followed me into the forums, but the character started to take on aspects that I didn't like. I've heard it said that characters grow with the author, but it seemed to me that this character was growing more apart from me than with me. So I retired him. I made up a nice safe place for him to stay in my imagination, and I haven't bothered him since.

I carry on his name, though. He's still my favorite, and so it seems only natural.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast