Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the story behind the username you chose?

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    ~ Don't Roleplay ~
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sips sum tea. Having a love for that of which is above me really made me pick this name. Constellations are something I studied a lot and spirit animals are something I put into mind. Spirit animals and Constellations are sometimes referred as 'Celestial' which made me come up with this weirdly enough. ; - ; Hope that made sense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Supposed to be Revanchist Exile but couldn't remember how to spell so searching for the spelling found Revanite instead. Just assumed I remembered it wrong. Turns out Revanchists & Revanites are two different groups.

The Art Vandal

Decent grammar. Limited cringe. That’s all.
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cham View Post
    I've seen some really nifty names on this site. How did you think of your username? Is there a story behind it?
    It’s my name xD

art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable

- banksy

|Heroic|Science Fiction|Anime|Fantasy|Mature|
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

I went through a slew of usernames. DC Death, SlenDC, MC DC, & Devil Child to name the most notable ones. What you may notice is the shuffling of the letters: "DC"

Well, my first name is actually compounded in that order, so really, DC is my real life nickname. Much more than that though, I am a huge comic books fan, and I am a third gen comic fan. What is that supposed to mean? My grandfather was a WWII vet, and he loved comics in general, and Slam Bradley was his favorite character from when it was originally called Detective Comics. He passed that passion for comics down to my father, who generally stuck to Action Comics/Detective Comics but liked Marvel comics such as Journey Into Mystery as well. My dad's favorite hero though, was Black Panther. And so, it just traveled right down the line with me. My favorites were Milestone comics, so Static Shock and Icon ranked among my favorites, but near the top of my list was none other than Batman. Comics had a huge impression on my life, and it translated into why I popped up here. My first attempt at an RP here was a Batman RP. Never really made it off the ground, but still.

The DC in my username represents Detective Comics and my family's history with it.

I have reasons for the other parts of the user name that I added on too, but I'll keep those short and sweet.

DC Death - My initial dislike of the New-52, before rebirth and some of the concepts that were brought in. Plus back then Deathstroke was what I was mostly reading, so, you can put two and two together.

SlenDC - I went through a Slenderman and creepypasta writing phase.

MC DC - I'm a hiphop/rap fan, but rock was also among my favorite in music genres. AC DC came to mind originally, but I liked rap more. 'MC's were the origins of where rappers came from, so I just kinda fused those.

Devil Child - This was actually from my 5th favorite gaming series Devil May Cry, which is coming out with a new game this summer.. I'm HYPE for that.

But, yeah. I hope that answers your question.

Spoiler: Theme Song 

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

When I was a kid I was all about the U.S. Army's SFOD-D (Special Forces Operational Detachment - Delta).
    Better known as Delta Force.
    I thought they were the coolest ever and wanted to be one when I grew up.
    It didn't happen, and unfortunately, I never served but, I do support our Military Service members and thank them for their service.
    Anyway...I liked Delta Force so much that I adopted their name into my username since Day 1 of my life on the Internet using it on AIM.

I also grew up in Hawaii and if you're from Hawaii your name has some form or variation of its area code which is 808. But when it's actually spoken out loud the "0" becomes an "o".
    For example: "I live in the 808 (pronounced: eight-oh-eight) State!"

So I use Delta8O8, and some other variants of it for everything. Which includes gaming. Both my Gamertag and PSN is some form or variation of my username.

There are some problems though:
    One other variant I am quite fond of is my Gamertag which is Delta DCCCVIII. Which I thought was hella cool at the time...and then only to realize I would be the only one to know that "DCCCVIII" is Roman Numerals for "808"...which means when I play a game and Clan tags are available...I am still putting "808" as my clan tag, unless I join an actual clan.

And then wanting/wanted to have served I joined a few Milsims (Military Simulation). It gets confusing when your name is Delta and the Phonetic Alphabet for "D" is also "Delta".

PMS|H2O Battlefield 360 Division - The Best lead the Rest

Apocalyptic, Dark, Lovecraftian, Africa, 20th Century History
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I used to use the name Tranor, which is from my childhood. A few months back I felt I wanted a new online persona, as I didn't really use Tranor anymore, and had gone through several other names.

Around that time, I was really into Bon Iver, especially their song Holocene. The video and the music were so beautiful and enthralling, and so was the word itself. But when I started to think about what Holocene meant, that's when it clicked and I knew what my new username would be.

The Holocene is the current geological epoch which we live in, and began at the end of the last ice age. This also marks the ascent of mankind to it's dominance of Earth. The Holocene is the Epoch of man. It represents all the good, and all the bad, of all of human history. Before the Holocene, we were animals, barely able to survive. After, we have dominated the world, and marked ourselves as something special, and I think that's beautiful.
    There's a black crow sitting across from me
    His wiry legs are crossed
    He's dangling my keys, he even fakes a toss
    Whatever could it be
    That has brought me to this loss?

Vampire, 1x1, BL, LGBTQIA+
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

One of my high school upperclasswomen haha (all girls school) has Rayne as one of her oc names and i liked bits of that so i personified that more to my level, but also like the name Kieren (etc different spellings) so spelled it Keiren and thus she became an Oc all her own.

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Well I was hoping for any involved in here to help me know where to start in these forums. I am fond of fantasy, from roleplaying in it many years ago, to my writing which includes it now. My username here is from one of a few pages from me on Facebook for this, the one named Godly Dungeons and Dragon Realm. I do work at it aimed toward godliness, which is how it was when I was first learning to roleplay in the fantasy for the game I was in, so it would be consistent for that anyway.

Fantasy, Horror, Slice of Life, and anything I think might be fun.
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I watched Snow White a few days ago. Also, I was talking over possible usernames with my sister, and mentioned that a past handle I had started with an adjective. She said I should use one to describe myself. I just said, "Sleepy" (my family's been pretty busy these last couple of weeks and I was super tired). I didn't know if I would actually use that, but low and behold, now that I've finally gotten around to making an account, it's available! Also, I would say there's a 70% chance that that's how I might be feeling at any given moment.

Animal, Fantasy creatures/people, Steampunk, Apocalypse, LGBTQ+
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Haha @Sleepy; that's an excellent username

I got mine from an old RP I made probably 10 years ago on a different site before it died. It's short for SaberStripe, which is a character that I used to symbolize my writing.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast