Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate the last movie you saw

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Science Fiction, Fantasy, Supernatural
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

iBOY - 6/10.

Had its interesting moments and its boring ones. Overall an interesting film with Maisie Williams.

...and baby, I'm drowning in the darkness...
    I will be out of state from 2/24/17 through 2/27/17 and will not have my computer so replies will have to wait until my return on 2/28.

A Leaf on the Wind
    Comedy, Drama, Fantasy, Mythology, ect
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

The Hallow Crown; The War of the Roses.

I give it a 9/10. It's six hours long to watch from beginning to end. But, it's a mix of frustration, death, greed and insanity that makes you cringe quite a bit and try to figure out who's head is on the chopping block next. I'm not sure how historically accurate it is. (If anyone can truly know when it takes place starting in the 1400's.) But, I've enjoyed it enough to do a bit more research on the topic and, so far, it's fascinating.

Month the of Member November
    Fantasy
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maya View Post
    The Hallow Crown; The War of the Roses.

I give it a 9/10. It's six hours long to watch from beginning to end. But, it's a mix of frustration, death, greed and insanity that makes you cringe quite a bit and try to figure out who's head is on the chopping block next. I'm not sure how historically accurate it is. (If anyone can truly know when it takes place starting in the 1400's.) But, I've enjoyed it enough to do a bit more research on the topic and, so far, it's fascinating.
    I assume you mean The Hollow Crown... I saw parts of it though I find the language of Shakespeare a bit heavy at times. As with most of Shakespeare's historical plays certain bits are historically accurate and certain bits are just embellishments so I'd say it's kind of a mixture. The start date I believe is 1422, which was the death of Henry V.
    Born to be a king & fighting to survive in a world with the darkest powers.

The Fresh Prince of Britain • RPAs personal wolf fetish • RPA's Wolf Mascot • Crazy the Wolfheart

Detailed, Any
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

100/10

The very last movie I saw was La La Land. I have watched this movie over and over and over and over again. Well, and I am somewhat referring to this film incorrectly. It is more of a musical than a movie. Anyways, I will not do any spoilers, but just say I loved how realistic it is. A middle-class female working as a barista and then a middle-class male working as a day to day musician who in the beginning was just strangers who just talked, but then eventually over the course of the musical they gained friendship, and through that friendship they developed love. This love was so pure and genuine. This musical is what the idealistic American Dream is about in my opinion. Working in a minimum or paycheck to paycheck job then going into recognition until finally all your hard work pays off and it becomes fame. The ending was also not expected.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story 7/10

RO is a self-contained military adventure set in the SW universe. This concept breaks from SW's light-versus-dark narrative, but that is ok so long as it doesn't become a long-standing trend in the franchise. I personally liked the characters but can see how people argue that they are somewhat lackluster and uninspired. This is probably partly because (spoilers) they all die in the end. This is my main sticking point with the film, the thing that drags it down from an 8 to a 7. The implication of killing them all is less that it was the natural conclusion to the story and more because the writers didn't want to handle the headache of explaining what they got up to later in the franchise, which I view to be one of the weakest arguments for killing off a character. People also complained about the CGI used for putting in characters (Tarkin and Leia) whose original actors/actresses had died. Personally I didn't find a lot wrong with the characters even though I was looking for those imperfections when I was watching the film. Overall I enjoyed RO as a film that departed from its roots.
    Spoiler: Around the Forum 

Sci-fi, modern fantasy, or anything fun.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Thor Ragnarok - 9/10
    Another brilliant Marvel film with excellent character development, dialogue, visuals, and music. The only issue I had with the film was that sometimes the comedy felt a bit forced. Other times it was spot on. I'd highly recommend checking it out in theaters.

The Moonlight Knight
    Medieval Fantasy, Magical Worlds
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iandraws View Post
    Thor Ragnarok - 9/10
    Another brilliant Marvel film with excellent character development, dialogue, visuals, and music. The only issue I had with the film was that sometimes the comedy felt a bit forced. Other times it was spot on. I'd highly recommend checking it out in theaters.
    YOU BAD FRIEND, FRIEND STAY!

A Leaf on the Wind
    Comedy, Drama, Fantasy, Mythology, ect
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Thor Ragnarok: I'm going with 10/10. There's not a lot of movies that make me consistently laugh for almost the whole movie. I absolutely loved Korg. I loved all the surprises in this movie both good and bad. I plan to see it again because there had to be plenty of things I missed.

Dark Lord of the Gif
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Star Wars: The Last Jedi

10/10

It was amazing. It felt like the original series, but it had a modern feel. There were jokes that everyone could get mixed among the many fan references. You should try to catch it.
    Spoiler: Cuteness 

Wanna laugh at a drunken fool? Click Here!
    Watch me Stream or catch old streams here

The Art Vandal

Decent grammar. Limited cringe. That’s all.
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Oooo I'm so exited to see The Last Jedi! I'm glad it was so good.

War for the Planet of the Apes.

9/10.

*shrug* I enjoyed it a lot. I have always loved all Planet of the Apes films. I think they have have great themes and premises. Plus I love the character development of Caesar / the tying up of loose ends in the newer films.
    Last edited by Leanna; 12-17-2017 at 03:03 AM.

art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable

- banksy

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast