Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 1314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] Draconian Prophecy (Ushima/Ashen)

Better Then Expected
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Mature, Romance, Parody, General
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Ophella smiled at the girl. "No dear we're quite done here. Now that I have your measurements it won't take me naught a few hours to create something special for you."

Galdora smiled and stood up. "Your usual rate? Plus the fee for the last minute call?"

"Yes dear that'll be fine." Ophella moved toward a line of fabric rolls.

The Queen linked arms with Clover. "Come along dear. Any color preferences speak now."

~

Mikal went to his father's study. After knocking on the door he was allowed in. "Father?" The king was alone sitting at his desk. "There's something I have to tell you."

"You mean the fact that Clover isn't Gladios' niece and she's actually a Lucet." The king didn't even look up from his paper.

"How'd you know?" Mikal sat in front of his father.

"I've known Gladios longer than you. Met the man's family when I pinned medals on his chest." Mikalar shuffled the papers. "But you're probably wondering why I haven't had your friend tossed into the cells to await execution yes?"

Mikal's foot tapped on the ground. "The thought crossed my mind just now yes."

"It's because I trust you son." Now Mikalar put his papers down and looked up at his son. "There's a reason you brought her here."

"Are you familiar with Diabolus?" The prince asked the king. "Well according to a legend he's coming back. Clover and I have matching marks. I need to browse the archives for everything about him. Things are about to change father. We need to be ready for it."

The Ashen One
    medieval fantasy, adventure, psychological
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

All this talk about rates and fees... Clover wondered just how much she was costing Mikal's family. They might have been royalty, but she still hated the thought of being some great burden. Her own family didn't use currency much. It was a thing of old, back when the Lucet was much bigger than what it was. Back before this very family she was inconveniencing had destroyed her people, taken her mother and father from her. Clover didn't want to think about it. She looked back to Galdora and tried to put on a new smile. "Thank you," she muttered. "I appreciate all you've done for me, and how welcoming you've been."

As they walked off, Clover started to think of a color preference for her new clothes. "I hardly think it matters," she said without considering. She then hesitated, then tried to take her words back. "Sorry, I didn't mean to be rude, I just meant I'm not picky with colors. Perhaps a dark blue, or green? Red is nice too, or violet. Though you seem better versed in fashion than I am, so I should leave colors up to you, and Lady Ophella, thank you." She looked around at the halls she had walked by to get here. The large corridors would still intimate her if she thought on them too long. "Right, so, should that be all? I'd like to catch up with Mikal, do you know where he might be now?"

She needed to ask him about etiquette. If they were to have a banquet, she would need to not make a fool of herself. How would a Draket act in a Drakil castle? She had no idea, and still hated that she had to be compared to them. Regardless, she would need to learn if she were to stay here until the dark dragon was awakened.

~

Several acres away from the castle, on a dark mountain cast in storm clouds, a single tree started shaking ever so slightly. Soon, more trees joined it, and rocks and animals, until the entire mountain was shaking. It was this region's first earthquake, or.

In just a few minutes, a great dragon emerged from within the mountain he had been buried into. His scales shone like the blackest of midnights, a color not of this world. His great wings were holey and jagged, rusty after eons of idling. The great dragon gave out a horrifying screech, giving any creature with the misfortune of being nearby a nasty headache. The dragon was in search of something, the eggs that he'd been watching over before he had been buried. Now, his children, his entire race was gone. He gave another screech and bounded off towards the sky, instantly turning it black.
    Last edited by Ashen; 09-27-2017 at 05:30 PM.
    Thanks to Craze for the beautiful Bravely set!

~Recruitment Thread~
    Spoiler: Ashen's Personal Hall of Fame 

Better Then Expected
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

The king set down his quill and looked at his son. "You think this threat is real?"

"I think it's worth looking into." Mikal replied. "If I'm right we might have a way of stopping Diabolus for good and saving not just our kingdom but all of them. And if I'm wrong I've just wasted several days cooped up inside the library."

Mikalar tapped his finger on his desk as he looked over his son. "You think the answer lies within the old tomes?"

"Some record of Diabolus' time must have been recorded somewhere. An ancient story about his origin that might have the key to his destruction. Or ideally the method they used to stop him." Mikal sighed. "I won't know what I'm looking for until I find it though. Like I said it might be kept in our archives. I'm not going off much here."

"After the feast you and your friend can take as much time as you need." The king picked up his quill and went back to work. "And we'll keep her secret to ourselves for now."

"Thank you father." Mikal got up out of the chair. He left the office and went to seek out Clover, hoping his mother had finally finished tormenting the girl with fancy dresses and let her wander on her own.

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Clover found the enemy prince soon enough, and she was very grateful for that. She called out to him and jogged the rest of the way to see him, forgetting that her current dress did not allow much comfort in such situations. She looked over her shoulder to make sure neither Galdora nor Ophella was lurking nearby, and she let out a sigh. "What a morning," she sighed. "All these dresses and fancy things, I don't know how the native women can handle it all." She rolled her eyes when she thought about what dress would be made for her for the night. Trying not to think about it, she looked back to Mikal.

He looked upset, and Clover noticed as much for the first time. She cocked her head to the side, wondering if she had said something wrong or if he had been like this before she'd met up with him. "Mikey?" she cooed in a soft voice. "What's wrong? You look like you just got a scolding." She looked past him, but still didn't know the castle well enough to guess where he had come from. "You haven't been training again, have you? You're going to exhaust yourself at this rate." She turned to the window nearby and looked to the sun. Though she didn't know when exactly the banquet would be starting, she did know they probably didn't have much time for preparation. "Some food'll cheer you up, right?" she asked, trying to lighten the mood. "I wanted to talk to you about that."

Clover looked around the hall, paranoid. She took Mikal by the hand and led him away, towards her bedchamber. She didn't want anyone to hear her asking the prince how she should act. It might have given her away as a foreigner, and it was embarrassing to the very lost Lucet. Once in her room, she hopped onto her bed and looked at him. Her legs were wide open, unafraid, and she hunched a bit, though she was aware of neither of these things. "I need you to tell me how I'm supposed to act tonight," she said. "I don't know how to pass for one of them, and I don't want to make a fool of myself. So tell me everything you know."

~Recruitment Thread~

Better Then Expected
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

"Oh...right. Yeah that might be something we should work on." Mikal grabbed a chair and pulled it up to sit across from Clover. "Well for one thing don't bring up the war. At all. There are a lot of old wardogs that could be in attendance even though this party is going to be relatively small compared to other feasts. Gladios already started the rumor that you're his niece from the country so we can play off that. Play to your strengths about not growing up in the city." The prince scratched his chin. "So if we play that up I'm sure no one will ask you about politics and economics. They're more likely to ask me about those things and try to sway me to their side."

He stood up and walked over to a bookshelf. "Hm do we go through the posture exercises?" Mikal pulled a large book from one of the shelves. "What do you think? Can you walk straight and proper or do you want to try walking while balancing this heavy tome atop your head?" The book was placed on top of a nearby table with a somewhat loud bang to emphasize it's heftiness. "They started me off young. Stand up straight, no slouching. By seven I was up to three books. No problem."

A knock came at the door. "Your highness?" It was Beatrice. "I've brought something to eat."

"You may enter." The maid entered the room with tray. On it was a bowl of fruit and a plate of some cheese and crackers. Beatrice came over to the table Mikal was next to, setting the tray down.

"Doing the posture exercises?" She asked, taking the plates off the tray and setting them on the table.

Mikal explained. "She's a little worried about the feast so we're working on some things. I think she'll be fine but it couldn't hurt."

Beatrice picked up the tray from the table. Turning to Clover she smiled at the girl. "Good luck." She left the two of them alone.

Mikal picked up a grape and popped it into his mouth. "So wanna try the book?"

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Clover didn't know how she would even begin to play politics. She would not dare talk against her family, but that was what everyone would have been expecting. If they brought up the Lucet during the feast, would she be able to even remain cool? She nodded slightly, only half-paying attention to him.

Then he suggested posture. Clover scoffed automatically. She thought there was no point to proper posture, just like there was no point to wearing frilly dresses. She didn't want to sit up straight. She rolled her eyes, but before she could speak she was silenced by a knock at the door. Clover automatically straightened, until she realized it was only Beatrice. Her shoulders relaxed then, and she bowed her thanks for the food. Once Beatrice walked out again, Clover sighed and turned back to Mikal. She grabbed a cracker and shrugged her shoulders. "If we have to."

She took the book from Mikal and stared at it. "So..." she said, "why do you people put books on your head? Is there really any point to that?" She placed the book on her head, waiting for it to stop wobbling. Clover put her hands to her side and stared at him again. "Of all the practices in this kingdom, I think this one is the absolute dumbest. Why do you find the need to look at how I am sitting or standing?" She began walking, and as soon as she did the book immediately fell into her arms. She held it to her chest. Clover continued to complain as she tried again and again, then finally got frustrated. "This is impossible. Lucet are not shaped for things like this." She took the form of a panther, and it was then that the book stayed on her bigger head. Her dark eyes watched Mikal, as if to say, ​See? I can do it.

~Recruitment Thread~

Better Then Expected
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

"Posture is important. For me as prince it's important that I don't show any sign of waver in my appearance. In this environment it's easy for rumors to start. Rumors of me being unwell if I'm not as well kept or I'm moving too slowly. Even if I'm staring off into nothing some might say I'm coming down with an illness and challenge my suitability for the throne." Mikal popped another grape into his mouth. "Since you're just a guest and not in contest for the throne you shouldn't have to worry if you slouch a little bit or keep your head straight as you walk."

"It happened to me twice." Mikal walked over and took the book off Clover's head. "One time when I was thirteen I fell ill. I was bedridden for about two or three weeks. My elder sister tried to convince the council that I wouldn't recover and to remove my right as heir and bestow it on her. Gwen did manage to sway several to her side. My father fielded questions about my health for days and nearly gave out orders for execution due to treason. That made the council quiet and gave me enough time to become healthy again. Ever since then I had to keep an eye on my sister."

The prince returned to the shelf and placed the book back. "Then about three years ago I was wounded and another noble spread the news around. Playing up the extend of my injuries. It was a training accident. One of the new recruits was a little nervous about sparring with the crowned prince. She was a little nervous and kept faltering a bit. I had no doubt she could handle herself though. Needless to say she fell into a weapon rack and a spear ended up in my leg. This noble made it sound as if I sustained more damage than I actually did and my ability to produce an heir was taken away. As you no doubt know my ability to perform remained intact." Chuckling Mikal turned back around. "Now I believe Aeon should be putting the finishing touches on your dagger. Want to go retrieve it?"

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Clover was half-paying attention to Mikal's speech. She took her human form again, rolling her eyes as the prince explained the dumb customs of his kingdom. When he stopped talking, she shrugged her shoulders. "You are not ill just because you are acting as a human," she said passively. "Slouching and relaxing should not be seen as things only diseased men do. That's... that's ridiculous, and I do not get it." She crossed her arms over her chest. "I'm going to leave that to you. Let them think I am unwell, if it means I will not be aching by the time I am finished with the feast."

She started walking back to the smith, eager to retrieve her dagger. As she moved, she thought back to what Mikal had said. "Wait," she interjected, "you have a sister? And a spear shoved up your thigh?" She did not comment on his banal joke, instead trying to delve into the times where he was doubted. "What's your sister like? She doesn't sound like a nice lady. I've never had any siblings, my parents weren't alive long enough to give me any, but the entire tribe is kinda connected in the way that I think siblings are. So in a way, I have a lot of siblings. It's better that way." She shrugged her shoulders. "Wonder what they're up to now."

She grew quiet for a few moments, thinking about her family. They all came together when someone was ill. Clover had never been very sick before, and for that she was thankful, but she could recall a few times where someone had fallen ill. She still missed that sense of unity that she was sure she would only find with the Lucet. Clover tried to shake her thoughts. She looked around, at the large halls, and hesitated. Silently, she cursed her lack of direction. "Where... where is it again?"

~Recruitment Thread~

Better Then Expected
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Mikal chuckled. He wasn't surprised that she hadn't learned the layout of the castle yet. Clover hasn't even been here one day yet. Even he took some time to memorized every nook and cranny of his home once he became old enough to walk about on his one with the guiding hand of his mother or a servant to help him remain upright. "Follow me." The prince led her through the hallways once again and arrived at the forge. Inside he easily spotted Aeon by his workstation. "Master Aeon!" Mikal waved to the man.

Aeon was leaning against a workbench, polishing a dagger. "Ah your Highness. And Lady Clover as well. Welcome back. I take it you're here for the dagger?"

Mikal nodded. "Indeed we are. I hope it wasn't too much trouble." The prince walked over to Yara. The Iron dragon was laying beside a heated forge enjoying the warmth. "And thank you for your help as well girl." Yara let out a low rumble as she enjoyed the prince rubbing her stomach, her tongue popping out of her mouth as if she was a dog enjoying having her stomach rubbed. "Good girl."

The Forge Master smiled at the prince. "Oh not at all. Wait one moment while I retrieve it." Aeon disappeared behind the forge and was heard rummaging around he stores. The old iron worker returned with Clover's dagger. "May I present to you your refurbished weapon." Bowing low he presented the weapon to her. "May it be up to your fine standards."
    Last edited by Ushima; 10-24-2017 at 10:16 PM.

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

They made their way back to the forge, where Aeon was already working on something new. While the men greeted each other, Clover tried to make out what it was he was working on. The dagger at his workbench was different than hers, smaller, and she wondered who else was utilizing the smith's services. She bowed her greeting when the man spoke to her, and eagerly awaited her refined blade.

While Aeon stepped out, Clover patted the dragon too. She was fascinated by the beast, watching her movements. For such a large reptile, she acted quite like a domesticated house pet. It was amusing to the Lucet, and she wondered what it would be like to have her own pet. She would feel wrong, she figured, keeping an animal like a sort of pampered slave. But the dragon looked happy... She didn't have much time to think on it, because soon Aeon was returning, and in his hands was the dagger she had given him.

Clover almost didn't' recognize it. Her trusty blade was now sharper and shinier than she could ever remember it being. The handle had been replaced, and as she wrapped her fingers around it, she felt as if she would bound to her weapon. It was firmer, deadlier, and Clover knew she would get plenty of use out of her newly formed weapon. She looked to the smith who had fixed up her blade and she bowed her thanks. "It's absolutely beautiful," she remarked. "You do really good work. The royal family is lucky to have you." She moved the dagger away, instinctively beginning to reach for her bandeau, but her dress was in the way. She hesitated, then sheathed her dagger and tucked it into her dress, away from view.

With her dagger taken care of, Clover was far less excited about tending to the rest of the day's tasks. She looked to Mikal awkwardly, wondering if it would be possible to stall the inevitable. "How much do we have now?" she asked. "I think I'd like to see town at some point, maybe after I learn the layout of the castle." Then, to herself, she mumbled, "If I ever learn the layout of the castle."

~Recruitment Thread~

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 1314151617 ... LastLast