Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] Draconian Prophecy (Ushima/Ashen)

Better Then Expected
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Mature, Romance, Parody, General
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

"True. I'll admit you got the job done. No finesse and style. But done none the less." Mikal shifted, a piece of bark digging into his back. He thought of the Drakilian Rangers that had special training on stealth and taking a target. They moved like ghosts, unseen and unheard until it was too late for you to do anything to stop it. As Prince Mikal had many different aspects of training and Rangers was no exception, and under Field Marshal Danes' expert instruction so he knew a good job when he saw one. They made kidnapping and assassination an art. Their dragons were on the smaller scale of wyverns. Maximizing speed and maneuverability for their craft.

"My people all have two names. But you, you can call me Clover. Not that the name means anything to you, does it? Or are you asking so you will know who to beg to, later?"

"I forgot your names are confusing." Mikal shook his head. "Times like these I miss Gladios' simple name. Easy to remember." Drakets kept one name unlike their traitorous brethren. "And there's only one time I'd beg someone for something, and I don't see a bed anywhere around here. Unless you're holding out on me. Got a nice bedding we can tumble into hidden somewhere?" It was a tact, fluster the enemy. He's never had to actually use it on someone though so it'll be interesting to see if his jab worked.

"So," she said. "Does the crown prince have a name?"

"You don't know the prince's name? How out of the loop are you? I thought every pretty girl knew my name." Mikal smirked, this was becoming fun, seeing how much he could tease her. His family's name was well know. Everyone knew the names of the royal family. Especially the bachelor prince to all the hopefuls who wanted to marry into royalty. Another reason his father was careful he didn't spend too much time in town, not that Mikal actually knew that reason. "The name is Mikal. Don't forget it." He shot her a wink across the campfire though he wasn't sure she could see it through the shadows or not.

The Ashen One
    medieval fantasy, adventure, psychological
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Clover couldn't help herself; she laughed out loud. "Beg pardon?" she blurted between laughter. "Did you just suggest bedding the enemy? The one who just kidnapped you? Isn't it a little early for Stockholm syndrome?" If his intention had been to embarrass her, he'd definitely failed. Clover was much more at ease now. This prince, he was funny. Maybe she wouldn't kill him after all.

She straightened after a minute, her laughter now faded. Clover crossed her arms over her chest. "Excuse me if my people do not care about an enemy prince," she spat. This man was full of himself, definitely, but it was amusing. And had he... called her pretty? Clover knew he didn't mean it. It was a lame tactic, try to get the captor to fall for the victim, and it was one Clover was not going to fall for. She rolled her eyes. "I'm sure I'll forget it by tomorrow. Actually, I'm sorry, what was that? Mitchell?" She laughed again. Even if kidnapping the foreign prince hadn't been on her agenda that morning, she was oddly enjoying herself.

She inched her way towards a tree, then rested her hands behind her head to mimic him. "You're awfully calm about all this," she noted. "I didn't think princes were capable of joking at all, let alone after being knocked unconscious and thrown out a window. Well, I guess you didn't know about that bit, but it was easier and safer than taking the stairs. Er, safer for me, I mean. It was a hit or miss with you." She didn't seem terribly bothered. "Aren't you afraid of what'll happen? Or do you truly think my people so lowly that you intend to overcome us in one fatal swipe? Because I can guarantee, Mitchell, that my people are a lot stronger than you have ever given us credit for. But I suppose you will see that soon enough."
    Last edited by Ashen; 01-15-2017 at 06:17 AM.
    Thanks to Craze for the beautiful Bravely set!

~Recruitment Thread~
    Spoiler: Ashen's Personal Hall of Fame 

Better Then Expected
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

"You...you threw me out of a window?" Mikal was shocked. If anything had gone wrong he'd have taken a little tumble down the mountain. A small stain of blood on some rocky pillars. "Surely there had to be better ways. Maybe disguise yourself as a servant and roll me out in an empty wine barrel?" Everything leaving a party was checked again so Mikal had no problem giving her an idea that wouldn't work. But she didn't need to know that. Either way it'd have been a much safer option than tossing the crown prince out a window. "I thought I felt like I was falling there for a second so that explains it.

The rain started to let up but didn't come to a complete stop. It was now just a soft patter on the treetops and ground. "To answer your question princes joke all the time. The good ones at least. Not everyone likes a completely serious leader all the time. People like to see a humanizing quality in their leaders. It's a weird balancing act we have to do. On one had we have to be strong, tough, capable of making the right decision in the right time. Then on the other hand people want to see kind, fair and compassionate ruler the people feel comfortable coming to with problems." Mikal sighed. "Truly ruling a kingdom can be confusing at times trying to decide which half of you needs to show itself."

"As to why I'm so calm? Well no use getting myself worked up over situations I can't control right?" Mikal shrugged. "Or maybe I can just see an excuse to get out of the palace for awhile. See the sights. Spend time with a girl who isn't after the royal coffers and title for once." He was back to the flirting, not seeing any results positive or negative last time. "You'd be surprised how much of an issue that is for bachelors and bachelorettes in the world of nobility. Never sure if your partner ever really truly loves you or just the size of your bank vault or the land you oversee. That's what that party was for by the way. My parents trying to get me to see potential wives and a future queen."

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

His surprise was amusing, but he seemed to get over it quick. His suggestion was a foolish one, but she let him finish and just rolled her eyes. In a moment, Clover was gone, replaced by a paler girl with dark hair in raggedy clothing. "You see this, do you?" she said to him. "Look me in the eye and tell me this guise would work. Oh wait, let me see. My eyes, they're a dead giveaway, aren't they?" A second light blanketed her entire body, and soon her normal form stood before him once more. "Besides. I doubt I would be able to get through your guards with something like that. Prissy princes have a whole arsenal of people ready to die for them, don't they? So if I tried to sneak a prince out by normal means, I'd have loads of people on me." She crossed her arms over her chest. "Besides. You're not hurt now, are you?"

She pretended to not pay attention to his sob story, instead concentrating on the small splashes of a puddle nearby. Humanizing quality, in a barbarian? His people would have a hard time finding such a thing in their ruler. She didn't want to hear what he had to go through. Clover knew what made a good leader, her tribe's own leader held all the perfect qualities, and hearing it from the enemy made it seem... wrong. It was all a facade, she knew. This Mikal, he wouldn't really be a good leader. He was too close-minded, she decided. Like all of his vile people.

Suddenly she turned to him sharply and narrowed her eyes. "I'm not a bachelorette," Clover announced. "At least not for you. Let me just make that very clear to you, Mitchell. As little interest I have in taking one of my own tribe's men, I have even less for taking you. Gods, even the very thought leaves a bitter aftertaste." She shook her head. "I'm glad I could take you from such a dreary celebration, then." Her voice dripped with sarcasm. "This isn't a vacation, you know. You are my prisoner. The only reason you're not tied up right now is because I'm such a nice person." She turned back to him. There was a dulled anger in her red eyes. "While you're busy celebrating all the women who want to marry your vault, my people have been struggling to survive. The drought a couple years ago? We lost twenty people. Tell me, Mitchell, have you ever watched a body consume itself?" She turned away with a shrug. "But truly, I am happy I could provide some outlet for you. Enjoy the ride."
    Last edited by Ashen; 08-14-2016 at 10:35 PM.

~Recruitment Thread~

Better Then Expected
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Mikal clenched his fist, knuckles cracking. "What I have seen my friends come back in crates, missing chunks of themselves. They say the pieces were shredded by animals. How sad that a mother cannot kiss her child goodbye one last time due to missing a face." Flesh mauled and clawed off. Her people were not the only ones taking losses from this war. While he was kept within the walls by his father people he knew, cared about and often thought as brothers and sisters came back dead. It got to the point where he stopped trying to make friends with the men and women in the army to save himself the pain of loosing someone. But that meant his only companions were noble children who were insufferable most times. They never knew the plight of loss, most refusing to get to know anyone beneath their station.

"Just so you know we have Draket servants in the palace. So yes that guise probably would've worked had you kept your cool." Gladios was a Draket and Mikal's bodyguard and closest friend. Several of his mother's handmaidens were Draket even his father kept Draket's close. If you were loyal to the Empire you had nothing to fear and were treated well within the Capital. Around the rest of the settlements throughout the Empire was a different story. They didn't have much of an Imperial presence and other than a small town guard that was it. Paranoia of traitorous Draket often took hold in lesser developed towns which was why most of the larger developed and protected settlements had larger Draket populations. Try as they might changing people's minds was not something they could do over night and Mikal knew it would still be a while before Drakets were completely accepted. Any chance of that happening would soon fall to him.

He could feel a bug crawling along his neck and slip under his shirt, causing him to squirm in a bit of discomfort until it vacated itself from him. "You're right you are no bachelorette. A good rut maybe." Having thought about his dead friends made him mad. The flirtation game was over, now he was just being a dick. Any other time he might have felt bad for saying someone was only good for a quick romp, even to a Lucet, but he didn't care right now. Maybe he'd apologize later. And that was a big maybe. Rolling over onto his side Mikal curled up. "I'm going to bed. Wake me when it's time for the nightmare to resume."

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

She didn't look at him, just stared at the puddle she'd been looking at and narrowed her eyes. So, he had seen what her tribe had done to his people. The scars her tribe left, she knew they must have been dirty. However, Clover refused to sympathize with the enemy. It had been their own fault for prosecuting them, and for no reason whatsoever. They deserved to come home in pieces. No, scratch that. To Clover, they did not deserve to come home at all.

Mikal mentioned the Draket, and Clover blatantly scowled. To suggest she assume the form of one of those... those traitors. She glared at him. "They're the only group we hate more than yours," she spat. "I would never assume their form. I would never want to be mistaken as..." She couldn't even finish her sentence, she was so disgusted. Clover turned away again, and she hugged her legs close. "A Draket," she repeated, and gave a mirthless laugh. "Yeah, right. I'd rather have my face clawed off."

She was silent for a few minutes, listening to him shift ever so slightly. Something was bothering him, from the sounds of it, but he was not yet threatening her, so she had no reason to turn around. When he spoke, however, she listened to his tone, and she looked back to him. "I beg your pardon?" she demanded. "A good what?" Here she stood and crossed her arms over her chest. "Who do you think you are? You perverted asshole." But the prince seemed to not care at all. He rolled away from her and muttered something about going to bed. Clover was offended now, but this man was not worth getting worked up over. She could have taken advantage of him, punished him for his behavior, but what was the point? Besides, it hadn't exactly been an insult. She didn't want to be a bachelorette, so wasn't that the next best thing? She didn't know, and didn't want to think about it. She was worth a whole lot more than a little bedtime games, and she'd show him that. She'd show him what true suffering was, far greater than his stupid friends had received.

Clover didn't know how long they had been sitting there in silence before she heard him snoring. She looked up, surprised that he had really gone to sleep. It would be just her all night, then. Absently, she wondered how her family was doing. Had they noticed her gone? Were they mad at her for disappearing? And what if she never returned? What if something happened, and Mikal killed her, or imprisoned her? Her mind wandered to his earlier words. Would the prince dare...? Her first time, and with the enemy? But he couldn't. He wouldn't. Clover was smart enough to not be taken advantage of, or so she thought. Deciding thinking about it would do her no good, she let it go, and she instead started talking to herself.

Her words were soft, and they were directed towards someone who was no longer there. She became a doe, and she lay there, looking into the moon. It would be a long and lonely night, and perhaps a long journey home, as well, if she even made it home. No, she told herself. There was no room for doubt. Of course she would.

The sun began to rise over the horizon, and Clover had to wipe the exhaustion from her eyes. She had gone for several walks during the night to wake her up, but her body still felt heavy. She shook her head violently, knowing her drowsiness could be the death of her. The prince was still asleep, so Clover took the opportunity to run to a river, and there she tried to wake herself up. By the time she returned, her clothes and hair were still damp. She looked around and realized she had no clue where she was. She shifted awkwardly, wondering how she would get home.

In the distance was a town. Maybe, Clover would be able to find some rope or something there. But it was a Drakilian town. Would the prince take that opportunity...? Would anyone recognize him? Clover noticed a rock a little distance away, and she lifted it. It wasn't too heavy, but definitely heavy enough to knock him out. It would be perfect. So, Clover drew a breath, and she gently nudged Mikal with her foot. "Oi, get up. We're leaving." She put out the fire she'd made during the night, and she started away. "Don't make me repeat myself."

~Recruitment Thread~

Better Then Expected
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Mikal grimaced in his sleep. "Huh? What?" Sitting up he blinked slowly, sunlight filtering into his eyes. "So what's for breakfast?" It was a joke, he doubted he'd be getting any meals anytime soon. "Any bacon? How about eggs?" Standing up Mikal stretched, joints popping as he worked out the stiffness. "Ah that feels better." Sighing he leaned against the tree. "How'd you sleep princess?" It was another joke. Mikal knew full well that without proper restraints to secure him to the tree there was no way she was taking her eyes off him so she was probably exhausted. Easily he could take her in combat, he could even if she wasn't tired. Briefly he wondered what the actual difference in their combat experience was. Maybe if he was lucky he could find out.

"So I know there's a town around here." Mikal looked around their surroundings. "We're south of the capital. There's a fishing village along the river south west of here. Gorvlan. Nice place, good food." Mikal's stomach rumbled. "What I wouldn't give for one of their fish right now." Rubbing his stomach he turned away from Clover. "Keep up princess. How's it look if I leave my captor behind?" Teasingly he laughed, his mood having improved from the night before. Sleep did wonders for him.

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

The prince seemed to be in a better mood, but Clover could not decide if that was a good thing. His comment about breakfast made her smirk, and she glanced his way. "You'll be on my menu if you don't stop playing around," she warned, but she used the same tone as he did. She had no intention of ever eating this man, or any other. Some breakfast would not have hurt, though. Perhaps she would have to go hunting soon. Did this prince know how to hunt? She shook her head. "You're used to having your food brought to you on a silver platter, aren't you? Well, out here, if you don't find your own food, you won't be eating at all. Quit thinking about food. We have places to be."

She continued walking, but was surprised when he asked about her sleep. "Princess?" she repeated, then laughed aloud. She turned to face him. "My people do not follow a monarchy. The only princess here is whatever poor wench takes your hand in marriage. I feel for her." Clover laughed again. "For your information, I slept fine. You were out the whole night though, weren't you? Some people would kill for sleeping patterns like that, you know." She looked him over. "Slept like a baby, but I bet it wasn't very comfortable. Can't imagine your neck cramps right about now." She continued walking with a shrug. His cramps were his problem.

As Mikal spoke, Clover listened with genuine interest. He really was the prince of this realm, which meant he knew the area, didn't he? She hadn't considered his usefulness. "Gorvlan," she repeated, looking out at the town. That's where they would be going, then. "Don't worry about outspeeding me," she said. "And cut it out. I'm not your princess, little prince." Clover jogged in front of him, then turned around and started walking backwards. "I'd like to see how well you can keep up with me, though. It's... an interesting thought." She turned around and searched the area. "Alright, little prince. Let's have some fun, shall we?" She pointed ahead of her, to a tree by a lake several meters away. "See that?" she said pointing. "I'll race you there, human to human. I'd like to see you try to get there first. Keep in mind that, if you dare stray from this path, I will be on your tail in a matter of seconds, and I will maul your legs. Are we clear?"

It was the kind of challenges she set for the kids of her tribe. Clover was always running, and she thoroughly enjoyed playing with the kids. A bigger target only made her excited. She had no intentions of losing. So, Clover stretched, and she prepared herself. She looked over to the prince. "Are you ready?" she asked him. "To be beat by a girl, I mean?" Once they reached the tree, Clover would knock him out. From there, it was a few paces to town. She'd get some proper ropes, and maybe even a snack or two. For now, however, her mind was on this race, and the look on his face when she won.
    Last edited by Ashen; 01-15-2017 at 06:29 AM.

~Recruitment Thread~

Better Then Expected
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Mikal removed the heavy tunic he was wearing leaving him in a sleeveless top. Making himself more comfortable he untucked it from his pants. "Ah that feels better." No longer constricted by tight clothing he felt a lot better about moving. "Why do most noble clothing have to be so tight?" Mikal wasn't expecting an answer, just talking aloud to himself as he stretched and flexed his arms. Turning to face the tree. He was confident in his abilities. Years of training having conditioned his body. Speed, endurance, agility. Looking over at Clover Mikal noted she looked quick, her smaller frame nimble and agile. Even so she'd be hard pressed to find an easy victory. "No cheating and turning into a bird."

Readying himself Mikal took off at the signal. Quickly he dodged trees and vaulted fallen logs on his way to the finish line. The tree looming in the distance growing ever closer with each step. He didn't bother looking over at Clover, not wanting to take his eyes off the objective and risk distracting himself. His booted feet stomped through the forest as he closed in, his heart beating heavily in his chest as he ran. The finish line wasn't far away so he felt no need to conserve himself for such a short run. Mikal reached out his hand as he got closer. A few more steps and he touched the bark of the trunk.

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Clover laughed aloud at his joke. She rolled her eyes. "Unlike you, I don't need to cheat," she muttered, but she didn't know if the prince had heard her. She readied herself, and at the countdown, she shot off. As she sped towards the tree, she leapt over all the obstacles flawlessly. She truly was a beauty now; she was in her element, racing along, faster than all around. She did take the lead, and it seemed clear she was going to win. It was obvious, she had this race in the bag, and she was just about to reach their finish line. She turned around, seeing the prince just a little distance behind her. He'd been fast, surely, but just not fast enough. She faced forward again, but what she saw made her stumble just before reaching the tree.

Mikal hadn't noticed what she had, and so he reached the tree first. His fingers brushed the bark, but just before he was able to look up Clover used her rock to knock him out. She knew his head would hurt when he came to, and she knew she should have been neater about it, but she didn't have a choice. She threw the rock aside and dragged him up the tree, out of sight. As a bird, she flew from the tree, and she glared down at what had caused her to lose the race. A man was there, walking along the field, alone. Even from the distance she could see his eyes; they were the eyes of a traitor, a Draket. Because of him, she had startled and lost. Because of him, she hadn't had her fair race.

She didn't have time to wait for him to leave. Clover set off towards Gorvlan, hoping the traitor had not seen her or the prince. Once in the city, she resumed her human form and explored the markets. She was conscious of her time, and was quick about choosing what to get. She didn't have money on her, of course. The Lucet did not use any type of physical currency. So, she grabbed what she needed, and she bolted. Despite her abilities, she remained a human, and led a good chase around the marketplace. Once she had finally lost those who were tailing her, she calmed down, and she made it back to the tree she had left Mikal in.

She had brought with her some rope to formally tie Mikal up. She'd stolen a pair of daggers, which she concealed in her bandeau and in her shorts. Lastly, she brought a sack with her, and within it were foods and herbs. She tied up Mikal properly, bonding his hands with an unbreakable knot. When everything was set, Clover sighed, and she relaxed. She set the prince at the base of the tree and examined his head. Dried blood tarnished his pretty face, and the wound would probably start to bruise. She gently tried to wipe the blood away. "I shouldn't be doing this," she muttered, though he wouldn't hear. "See? I'm not such an evil person." When finished, she waited for him to wake up.

~Recruitment Thread~

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast