Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 161718

Thread: [M] Draconian Prophecy (Ushima/Ashen)

Better Then Expected
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Mature, Romance, Parody, General
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Mikal heard Clover call him and he approached the window. "That's...that's not a volcano." Mikal continued to watch as the mountain, that used to not contain and flowing magma, broke apart in a few places and oozed glowing orange liquid. "Shit. Father!"

Mikalar, who was busy talking to nobles, stopped what he was doing at the sound of his son's shout. Quickly he approached the two by the window. "What? What is it lad?"

Mikal pointed out the window to the mountain. "Something is wrong? Did that mountain turn into a volcano over the course of the party?"

"We need to get troops to that village at the base. Help evacuate the citizens." The king turned to the confused party goers and started barking orders. "Party is over! Sky Guard form up and head out to help citizens evacu-" The king was cut off as the top of the mountain in the distance exploded. A large red beam of light rose into the sky as molten chunks rained down to the ground. A piercing roar cut through the night as a large figure was seen crawling out of the top of the mountain.

Mikal staggered backward, hissing in pain and holding his chest. "Damn it." He fell to one knee. It was a struggle but Mikal continued to look out of the window. It was enough to see a pair of giant wings spread out across the night. The pain was getting intense the more whatever that thing was revealed itself. Grasping at his shirt he ripped it open, buttons flying and scattering on the floor. His birthmark came into view, the source of his pain. "Ah!" He yelled, grasping his chest. Across the land the shape became more visible. A large, huge, dragon rose from the mountain top. The pain was almost unbearable. Was Clover feeling it too? Or was it just him? More importantly, what was causing it? "C-Clover?"

The Ashen One
    medieval fantasy, adventure, psychological
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Clover watched helplessly as panic set in around her. The king didn't know what was happening; something was obviously very wrong. He called people away, causing all of them the same look of concern and confusion that Clover had had just moments before. She turned her attention back to the newly formed volcano. It was erupting now; whatever village was at its base would surely be decimated by the time any whisper of a warning could reach them.

She could not pull her eyes from the scene. Bubbling lava raced its way down the side of the mountain, its grasp tearing through trees and and shrubs as it worked its way down. Suddenly, Clover's eyes were pulled from the lava; she stared in awe at the winged creature emerging from the mouth of the volcano. Its black wings stretched for what seemed like miles, and the way they reflected the moonlight caused a deep feeling of dread in Clover's throat. That beast was a dragon, an all-black dragon. She thought back to what Sofia had said, about Diabolus and an apocalypse. Could it be...? Clover turned away, hoping against hope that this couldn't possibly be a prophecy foretold, but when a sudden pain captured her chest, doubt regretfully disappeared.

Clover clutched at her birthmark. The pain that seized her was crippling, and she found herself grabbing a wall for support. She looked sharply to Mikal, but it looked like he was experiencing the same thing. There was no way Sophia could have been wrong, then. Clover shivered, a sudden weight now placed on her and Mikal. "What are we going to do?" she cried. But the answer was obvious, and they had to move before this demon destroyed more than just a mountain. "We have to go." She looked around, at the royals scrambling about and the king gathering a rescue party. Just moments before she was dancing and carefree, but now... Clover shook her head. To get back to that dancing, she and Mikal had to end this.

She started for the entrance of the great hall. "I can get us there," she told Mikal, whom she assumed was following her. "Bring some weapons or something. I don't know what can take on a dragon, but..." She doubled over as pain blossomed in her chest again. "Hurry!"
    Thanks to Craze for the beautiful Bravely set!

~Recruitment Thread~
    Spoiler: Ashen's Personal Hall of Fame 

Better Then Expected
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Mikal picked himself up off the ground. Cursing he gripped his chest. "Lets go!" Clutching at his chest he staggered after Clover. The distance wasn't far but with the pain in his chest it felt like miles. There was no plan. Troops would obviously be sent to combat the giant dragon while others were seeing to the citizens. There was the library, they could seek shelter and look for answers. The royal library was structurally sound but it had never been tested against a giant flying disaster dragon before. The prince followed Clover's form down the hall.

"My lord are you all right!?" Several guards approached him.

"I'm fine!" Mikal yelled. "Go to my father. He needs everyone he can find! Go!" He sent them on their way. Mikal didn't know what to do. He was truly at a loss for plan. This wasn't a conventional enemy. Diabolos was considered a god to the ancient people.

A chilling voice crept into the hallway. "Are you at a loss your majesty?" Mikal stopped running after Clover. The sight before him was horrifying that it made him miss the fact that the pain in his chest had finally stopped. Standing, or rather floating, down the hall was a man wrapped in robes. But the prince was not sure it was entirely a man. What skin he could see was pale, flaky. Bandages were wrapped around his limbs and neck. His hair was dark gray and eyes sunken and seemed hollow. "It is scary knowing there's not a single thing you can do to stop the oncoming storm."

"Who are you?" Mikal asked.

"My name is Aphostus. High Exarch Aphostus." Aphostus was moving down the hall, floating slowly toward the prince. And with him a chill crept along the hall as well. "I am the leader of the Dragon Priests."

"You're a worshiper of that thing out there." Mikal snarled. "No worse. You're the leader of the a group of idiots who worship right? That's what High Exarch means. Am I correct?"

"Spot on your majesty." Aphostus raised his hand and Mikal was blasted down the hall, impacting hard against the wall. "I was sent out to eliminate those that have the mark and awaken the rest of my order." With another wave of his hand Mikal's dagger was pulled from it's hidden sheath and used to cut his shirt open. "Ah there it is." The dagger was now pointed at Mikal's heart. "Now die." But Mikal fought back, lashing out with a pulse of magic that knocked the dagger aside and caused Aphostus to break concentration. Mikal fell to the ground, stumbling and barely keeping himself up.

Mikal bolted down another hall. "Clover! We have another problem!"

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Clover was trying her best to run, despite the agony beating in her chest. It was a pain she'd never before felt, and it terrified her. Would this pain get to her before she and Mikal could do anything at all to this dragon? In her thoughts she didn't notice Mikal stop behind her, or the figure who suddenly appeared in the hall. She kept running until she heard a hard bang against the wall, and she turned to see Mikal with a dagger to his chest.

In moments a lynx was running towards them, but she was glad Mikal seemed able to handle the threat by himself. He'd unarmed this... thing. What was it? Clover didn't have time for questions. She leapt onto the man and went for his neck with her massive fangs. Though unable to speak in such a form, Clover's crimson eyes said all she could not: Leave him alone.

The mysterious man recoiled at the wild cat's attack. Clover was off of him in seconds, and just as quickly she was taking the form of an elephant. The colossal animal was cramped in the castle halls, but Clover didn't need to move much. Using her long, thick trunk, she grabbed the man by the throat. Before she could do anything else, she looked to Mikal. There were a thousand unasked questions in her eyes: Who is this? Is he an enemy? Should we kill him? She backed away from him and threw him against a wall. If this man was going to die, she would let Mikal do the honors. The pain in her chest still bubbled from within her, an agony strong enough to weaken even an elephant. She knew Mikal must have been feeling the same, and for him to be using magic, she could only imagine how exhausted he was. How were they ever going to take on Diabolus like this?

~Recruitment Thread~

Better Then Expected
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

"You foul creature." Mikal spat as he approached the Dragon Priest. "Are you even human anymore?"

High Exarch Aphostus let out a choking laugh. "I'm not sure I'm even alive anymore. I was buried in my master's tomb with my brethren. When the master awoke so did we." His gaze shifted to the elephant in the room. "I slept for centuries awaiting my master's call. And now that I have answered I will carry out his bidding and slay the chosen ones. The two legends of prophecy who can slay the master. I did not think it would be this easy. That both would be in the same place."

"If you think we're going to make it easy you have another thing coming." Fire sparked to life in Mikal's palms. Thankfully the pain in his chest was subsiding quickly now.

"Seems you're getting your second wind. If I had caught you earlier I doubt you'd be able to fight." Mikal blasted jets of first at High Exarch Aphostus. When he stopped he saw Aphostus, his hands were covered with a layer of frost. "I've already embraced the cold chill of death." With a wave of his hand Aphostus created large pointed shards of ice.

"We need to move!" Mikal yelled as he started throwing fireballs at Aphostus. "If we can find Delara she can help us get rid of him. We're out matched here, especially after that immense pain we were in. Change into something fast and look for her."

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

The dark man seemed entirely unfazed by them. Clover watched in horror as he spoke. His words, could they mean...?The two legends of prophecy who can slay the master. Of course he was referring to her and Mikal, but it felt so unreal. Clover would trust her life with elder Sophia, but somewhere, Clover had still doubted that she could really be a prophecy. But now, with this total stranger, Clover had her proof.

Mikal tried to throw magic at this undead being, but it didn't work. Their enemy, evidently, could wield magic as well. Would there be more of him along their journey? Clover turned and took the form of a powerful bison. She prepared to attack with brute force, but Mikal stopped her. He thought they couldn't do this? She turned back to the enemy to see large ice crystals. Her eyes widened as she guessed what this man wanted to do with his new weapons. Mikal was right; they had to leave.

She was a cheetah in another few moments, shooting down the halls of the castle. Mikal had sent her off with a quest: Look for Delara. In the hurry, Clover didn't have time to ask who Delara even was. Was that the name of their high mystic? But what did she look like? Clover hurried, in search of some woman who radiated powerful energy. Maybe Delara would scream mage. Maybe she would be unmistakable. But the more ground Clover covered, the more irritated she got. How was she supposed to find some person in the sea of chaos?

There were people everywhere. Everyone was hurrying somewhere, so Clover thought looking for a single person was impossible. Several people cast wary glances as she sped down the halls, and she had to wonder if, in the confusion, anyone would care if they found out she were a Lucet. She couldn't worry about that now, however. She had things to do.

The sleek cheetah turned down a corridor, and it was there that she found the man they had been fighting from before. Where was Mikal? Clover stopped and turned to a fox. She didn't have time to fight, but if she were swift enough, small enough, maybe she could get past him. Her hopes weren't high; he was staring right at her, preparing some kind of magic. She had to try. Clover started for him, preparing to leap past him and continue down the hall, but it was as if a magic barrier were surrounding this mage. She slammed into it, as if a wall, and fell back, dazed. A beam of cold came for her, and she only just managed to jump away. Clover started back from where she came, hoping she could get away. As she ran, she could feel her bones clattering under her skin. Her fur was glowing, her eyes were watering; she felt close to collapse. Just as she got to the end of the hall, she turned and fell to the floor, now suddenly in human form. The pain from her mark hadn't once gone away, and now it was joined by a consuming pain all over. She was using her ability too much, too swiftly, and her body was violently protesting. She turned around; luckily the mage was slower than she was. Gathering what little energy she had, she got up again and continued the search for anyone who could help.

~Recruitment Thread~

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 161718