Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] Heaven Sent [Ashen & LostMisfit]

The Ashen One
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    medieval fantasy, adventure, psychological
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Sam called for Deiliha, but it seemed as if she were not home. She did not come to him, which left him to figure out what to do himself. Sam forced himself out of bed and made his way to the kitchen, where he saw a note. He looked it over and squinted at it, waiting for his thoughts to focus. After reading it, he looked to the medicine and the water. Deiliha left this for him? Was she looking out for him? Sam downed the medicine, upset that its effects did not work instantly. He called her name once more and, upon finding himself truly alone, Sam let out a large sigh.

He struggled to remember what had happened last night. Deiliha had taken him out, to get a smoke, and a drink--no, several drinks. Sam remembered dancing with a lot of people, and--had he kissed a man? His cheeks colored at that. After he'd got home, what had happened? She'd offered him coffee, and... Sam let out a sigh of relief. He couldn't remember doing anything more than that, and he was grateful for it. His first time, with a demon... No, the fallen angel would not have liked that on his record. But then... He looked to the empty cup that had housed his pills. Were demons usually so caring?

Suddenly Sam remembered something Deiliha had said the night before. I want you. She'd said something about bringing out her humanity. Sam wondered if that was real, if Deiliha had truly meant that. They had known each other for too short a time, he thought. Unless the demon was really so desperate to cling onto the first creature that showed her kindness. Sam shook his head. There was no use settling on it now. So, after his meds were gone and his water glass cleaned and put away, he went to take a shower and busy himself until Deiliha returned.
    Thanks to Craze for the beautiful Bravely set!

~Recruitment Thread~
    Spoiler: Ashen's Personal Hall of Fame 

Romance, Fantasy, Supernatural, Paranormal
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

After the smaller demon vanished to do as she bid him she walked about her corridors before vanishing and appearing back into her living room, the water and pilled where gone from where she had sat them and the faint sound of running water echoed through the apartment letting her know she angel had found his way into the shower. She figured he may not be very hungry after the night they had so she decided to wait for him.

She had sat down on the couch pulling out a small sketch book and drawing with her eyes closed something she would do allowing the picture in her mind to transfer to the paper. She didn’t draw often but when she did it seemed to completely swallow her taking both her mind and her soul to a distant place. If he emerged she doubted being able to hear him for her mind was completely elsewhere.

She had held herself back the night before and she both hated that and was relived she had for she could have truly hurt him, sometimes being a demon forced other evils from her core not only that he was raised an angel and that alone would be enough for him to end up hating himself for bedding the ultimate darkness. The thoughts traveled though her mind so fast she knew not where they would go or even when they would slow down.

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

The shower was hot and refreshing, and Sam was in there long enough for the awful feeling to go away. His pill had started to take effect, and he was glad for that. He stepped out of the shower feeling cleansed and smelling fresh. He wrapped a towel around his waist, then checked himself out in the mirror. He wasn't looking as miserable as he'd felt yesterday, so he considered that a success. His damp brown hair was sticking to his face, and his old eyes still looked tired, but there was a charm about the way he tried to smile despite all that had happened.

Sam walked out of the bathroom and watched as steam enveloped the hallway. He wandered outside, and did a double take when he saw Deiliha in her own living room. "I didn't know you were home," he started, but she didn't seem to be paying attention. She was working on something, a drawing, but her eyes weren't even opened. Sam had never cared much about the arts, had only really shown an interest in some music, but he couldn't imagine art being done quite like this. He watched her for a minute, mesmerized. She looked faraway, peaceful even, and he couldn't remember seeing her like that before.

Sam slowly approached her, forgetting he was only in a towel. "Deiliha?" he said gently. "Are you alright? I wanted to thank you for helping me out yesterday, and I guess today. I appreciate your showing me how to... uh, how to sin, and not taking advantage of me while I was so lost in the moment. And the drugs today, thank you." His mind was still fuzzy, but things were starting to clear. He had sinned yesterday, hadn't he? His actions were mildly adulterous, gluttonous, weren't they? He hesitated. Was he ready for the devil himself now? Sam shook his head, then motioned towards Deiliha's drawing. "What are you working on? And where did you go?"

~Recruitment Thread~

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

His voice drew her out of her trance blink she looked up at him to find him in nothing but a towel quickly darting her eyes back down she looked over her sketch as he thanked her for not taking advantage of him as well as helping him sin the thought caused her to chuckle and look up “It’s not often you get thanked for helping someone sin.” He had asked here where she had gone and what it was she was drawing deciding to tell him where she had gone first she spoke “I went down to hell to notify satin that I will be requesting a meeting with him.”

As to what she was drawing she pulled her book to her chest as she debated not sharing her art for she had never been one to share the small part of her that where still human but something inside compelled her to show him but first she needed to explain in case she was utterly off “When I was human we had certain ideas about angels and well hell has ideas as well, but I liked the human one better….” Color had managed to dance across her cheeks as she held the book out for his inspection.

The picture was him his features and hair the same as they were now and the shading showing he was flying with his back to the sun, she had detailed each feather spreading the wing span across the page, she had been drawn from the trance before she was finished as it was clear due to the lack of background as well as the half-shaded angel on the paper.

Before he could comment she spoke once more “I might have been off on the details, but in my mind, it seemed right.” She was nervous having shown him her art considering demons weren’t supposed to be consumed by human things for they were supposed to be the one consuming humans. Yet here she was slowly regaining her humanity and emotions she had once lost. It was something she didn’t understand and she didn’t want to think about it too hard for there would be no point.

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

So, Sam realized, the reason Deiliha had been gone that morning was probably because of him. He wondered if she intended to bring him down to hell with her. That confirmed that she, too, thought him ready to meet the devil himself. That was a weird thing to hear, as previously Sam would have only dreamed of meeting Satan in his worst nightmare. And yet, here he was, about to prance into the place of his enemy king and strike a deal with him. He swallowed the lump in his throat and tried not to think about it.

Instead, he turned his attention back to her drawing. She seemed like she felt that she had to warn him first, which made Sam even more curious as to what she had drawn. Suddenly his mind filled with the worst; he was convinced she had drown something horrible, something so evil and demonic that he might not even be able to stomach it. But, as she showed her work, Sam felt his jaw drop a bit. She was drawing... him?

His mind drifted again to the previous day, of the words she had said to him that he was sure he remembered correctly. She wanted him. She was drawing pictures of him. A demon, drawing an angel, wanting an angel? What kind of twisted story was this? Sam gently touched his finger to the drawing, then drew away. He stared for a long time at the fine lines, the shading, the features he knew from the mirrors he'd seen. He was amazed at her skill, but even more amazed that she would do something like this for him. "Deiliha," he breathed, "it's beautiful." No one had ever drawn him before, or even kinda cared for him. He looked up at her, his brown eyes searching hers, wondering what he had done to deserve something--someone--like this.
    Last edited by Ashen; 09-02-2017 at 08:52 PM.

~Recruitment Thread~

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

He stared at her drawing and when his jaw dropped so did her stomach, did he hate it? Did it upset him because he couldn’t fly as he was in her picture? She wasn’t sure but for some reason she could feel the nervous sensation creeping up on her. it confused her more then it helped her this angel seemed to be painting her life with human emotions was it the innocence of his heart and soul that drew her so far in? or perhaps it was just the thought of him but neither explained the way her insides felt and the way human emotions seemed to be plaguing the demon.

She heard a breathless whisper as he called her art beautiful something that made her cheeks color and her eye drop she was in more trouble then she realized if it kept up at this rate, would she even be able to help him? Looking back up their eyes seemed to lock and she couldn’t help but fall into the dark depths her own eyes dancing between the ruby red and almost shades of blue though she couldn’t see it. Her mind wondered what he was looking for. And would he find it in the darkness of her soul?

Her tongue darted out over her bottom lip a sign she was nervous something she didn’t realize she had done until after it had already happened. She didn’t know what to say or even what to do with this being and in the next instant she stood and stepped closer to him her voice soft and low “Sammy… I don’t … I… I don’t understand what is happening to me.”

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

There was something wrong with Deiliha. It took Sam a moment to even notice that something he had done must have offended her. He searched her face, then tried to think back to what he'd said. Should he have not commented on the artwork at all? Should he have said something differently? He didn't know what he had done wrong, but clearly he did something, and he felt awful for it. Would this ruin his chances? What would this demon do with him now? He'd be thrown on the streets, his chances slashed; or, worse, she would kill him for this. Suddenly reminded of his own mortality, Sam shifted away from Deiliha, suddenly terrified.

But if she were going to kill him, she didn't look the part. Sam watched her, and he could not see a murderer. She looked afraid, something he did not know demons could even feel anymore. In fact, she didn't look like a demon at all. Deiliha looked like a terrified child, the likes of which Sam had seen plenty of throughout his training. However, he could not understand why she was being like this. He said her name softly, but she didn't seem to hear him. Fear filled his own being too, until finally the demon spoke.

Her words confused him further. "What's happening?" he asked. He looked over her body, as if whatever was hurting her would suddenly be apparent. When he found nothing, he brought his eyes back to hers. "Would you like me to call someone for you? Should you lie down? Should I fetch you water?" He was trying all the ways he knew how to fix a human's aches, not knowing if they worked for demons. Sam hoped she would say something, send him to fetch something or another, just so he could feel somewhat useful.
    Last edited by Ashen; 09-08-2017 at 11:19 PM.

~Recruitment Thread~

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

She blinked away her own panic and saw the angel seeming to be just as lost and confused as she was sighing softly she looked down at her hands that laid in her lap “I’m sorry Sammy. I didn’t mean to worry you I just seem to be feeling new things I haven’t felt in a long time.” The chuckle that escaped her lips had a more hallow echo to it than a cheerful one. Looking up she offered a lopsided grin to him “I would very much like some water.”

She could see that he wanted to help her and wasn’t sure how to so by sending him for water it would give her just enough time to gain her composer and to stop worrying the poor boy. She had seen the fear in his eyes something she understood very well she spent her first few years in hell cowering in a ball afraid and even now she was afraid no matter what she had seen the idea of her human emotions scared her for what would happen if she by chance gained all human aspects and then the demons came for her? Or how would her human mind handle the awful things she had done through the many years.

She watched Sam trying to process what was happening to her and what would happen if she was no longer able to help him achieve the war he was set on starting. Would he find himself a new demon to work with and toss her to the side alone to fight all these new feelings? The demon in her felt the urge to make it know he was hers and no one else could mess with him a feeling she wanted to call possession something that could be perceived as dark and frightening but she said and did nothing as her mind seemed to race around and around confusion seeming to make her brain a foggy mess.

She felt as if her head was going to explode making sure her book was out of the way she laid back on the couch placing her forearm over her eyes trying to darken and silence the storm that raged inside her body.

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Sam could only watch Deiliha wordlessly as she continued to speak. She was genuinely terrified, it was clear in her eyes, but why? Because she was feeling things she hadn't felt in a long time? What could she have meant by that? Sam studied this woman. He figured she hadn't felt whatever she'd been feeling since she had been a human. He thought back to last night, and suddenly pieces started to come together. Love, an emotion neither demons nor angels fully understood. Humans thrived on it, the silly beings, and maybe, once, Deiliha had felt such a thing too. And now... Sam hesitated, praying his thoughts were not correct. There was no way. I want you. Could it be possible that Deiliha really did love him?

He was thankful that she sent him to get water. That would give him a little bit of time to think things through. Sam was a man now, so perhaps he was capable of love. But for a demon? His sworn enemy? He had every intention of killing her when he turned sides in the war he wanted to start. So... what would this mean? He didn't love her, just appreciated her. But if it were love she were feeling for him, that could be very useful. She'd be so much more willing to trust him. It would be so much easier to get whatever he wanted. As the ideas blossomed, Sam smiled. If he could just manipulate her right, all of this would work swimmingly.

Sam returned with a glass of water and handed it to Deiliha. He gave her a moment to drink, then dared to speak. "Deiliha," he breathed. "What... What are these feelings? Are they bad? They seem to be messing with your head. Is there anything I can do for you?" He was trying to be more caring now, eager to win her over further. He searched her face, her dark eyes, before asking, "Are they because of me?"

~Recruitment Thread~

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

He had left to get her water allowing her the briefest of moments to pull her thoughts together deciding to push the fear aside and move forward. She couldn’t be feeling human emotions after all she was a demon and the things she had done up until now supported that. Just the other night she murdered one of her own just to prove a point and now here she was pouring herself all over the couch allowing fear to creep up and swallow her whole as it had in the beginning years of her eternal damnation.

Sam came back with a different air about him it was something she had learned to sense about humans after all you needed to be able to win them over to gain access to their souls and get them to agree to any terms for the sake of desire and greed. Yet she took the water from him and sipped it as the resolve in her mind began to form a wall closing off her emotions and allowing her to ignore the sensations plaguing her mind. She was a demon with no soul and no future that was what she repeated each word like a brick stacking up to block out emotions.

He asked her questions and she simply chuckled a smile crossing her face that didn’t reflect in the cold depth of her red gaze “I haven’t decided yet. However darling I can say I am perfectly alright you don’t need to do anything.” He asked about emotions and if he was the cause and she shook her head taking another sip of water before responding “No Sammy it isn’t you, perhaps I just haven’t fulfilled my quota these last few days and the devil himself has taken it upon himself to punish me.” She had meant it as a joke but somehow it felt darker sighing she stood walking to the kitchen to place the glass in the sink. Looking back at Sam she laughed at her own joke walking back towards him “After all I am a demon I can’t be feeling that much.” She had covered it up but she felt as if it wasn’t a good cover up and she hated that part of her felt sad that she had decided against telling him about the emotions she feared would be soon tearing her apart.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast