Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] Heaven Sent [Ashen & LostMisfit]

The Ashen One
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    medieval fantasy, adventure, psychological
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

This woman certainly was easy to piss off. Sam took a step back as she went on. He was as good as her husband, wasn't he? Regardless, she did seem to simmer down at least a bit. She made some valid points, too. As an angel, he'd always felt hindered by his superiors. He'd never had a chance to be his own unique person, and he often suffered as a result of trying. But that didn't matter. Heaven was his home, Adainmelhye was his god, and he was not going to forsake them.

But she was still considering him. Sam smiled. He knew she was practically hooked. All her rambling meant nothing to him. He didn't care what she would get as a result of this. In the end, she wouldn't get a damn thing, but she needed her to believe she would. As long as she remained naive, he'd have the world at his fingertips. From there, it would be easy to get back into Heaven, especially after saving the entire realm.

He turned back to her and arched an eyebrow when she spoke of murder. Would he have to kill anyone...? Sam hadn't considered that. It was a silly oversight, but what if he had to take more lives? He did not want to do that, but how else would he get the demon race to trust in him? What if his former family killed him? He turned away, but did well to mask his emotions. This would be harder than he thought. No matter, he decided. He would be able to get through it all. And in the end, he would be the hero everyone never believed he could be.

She started walking away, and for a split second Sam thought maybe he had blown it all. But then, she spoke to him, and the grin grew wider on his face. He'd succeeded, but he knew this was only the first step. They had a long way to go still, and plenty of things in his future would be harder than convincing a demon of his fake intentions, but he was ready. He nodded slightly and followed after her. "I had little intention of telling anyone," he assured her. "Your concern is flattering, though. Ah, seeing how I've only recently been thrown from the heavens, I haven't any other clothes. If you would perhaps like to assist in that...?"
    Thanks to Craze for the beautiful Bravely set!

~Recruitment Thread~
    Spoiler: Ashen's Personal Hall of Fame 

Romance, Fantasy, Supernatural, Paranormal
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

She smirked and chuckled softly “well come on then. I see what I can do.” With that she turned into the door she had earlier opened and began going down a set of dark stairs. At the bottom seemed to be a lightly lit door with fogged glass keeping the contents hidden from whom ever was descending the stairs above. She wondered if angels had heightened senses or anything like she or the beasts of earth had. She honestly could ask him many questions and part of her thought about it, yet something in her felt off about him but she left it alone for right now was not the time to be drilling him on everything she could imagine.

As she got the door she paused her hand on the silver handle “just so we are clear. If anyone asks what I’m getting out of this. I’m getting a holy weapon and right to twenty four angelic souls.” She needed a big pay out for this to be convincing for no other demon would risk so much to tear a hole in the veil of angels and demons.

Opening the door they entered into a studio apartment it was decorated in simple yet modern black and silvers as the door opened up into the back part of the living room. A huge TV hung on the wall as a vase of flowers littered the coffee table along with a few random papers and such. To the back let corner the kitchen laid with black counter tops and silver appliances. Over by the kitchen was a small hallway ending in a black closed door. She seemed to move around the space like she owned it and if to prove it she grinned “welcome home trouble. Since we are partners now, you can stay on the couch that pulls out into a bed, of perhaps…” a wicked grin split her face as she glanced toward the black door “You could bunk with me.”

Walking towards the door she waves him to fallow “I have some clothes that may fit you, come this way” opening the door was an entirely different realm from the modern dark setting of the outside. Her room wasn’t the cleanest room ever, clothes littered the floor and make up littered her black dresser. Her room was done in bright green and black hues to enhance the color she had grown fond of over the years. When you lived a dark life you needed some color, in the corner was a art easel with crumpled up papers scatter around it a old looking chair with book shelves on either side occupied the space of the other corner. Moving to a set of black doors she opened it and grinned pointing to a small wooden chest in the back right of her closet “I have men’s clothes in there. You never know when you’ll need to dress male company”

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Sam didn't want to question what was going through her mind. She was an odd one, definitely, and her request made him smile. She wanted holy weapons and angelic souls? Who did she think he was? Sam shrugged his shoulders, then thought better of it and seemed to consider. Whether or not she did what he asked, he hadn't the authority to offer what she was asking. Still, she didn't need to know that. Sam nodded softly, his face much more convincing than before. "I think we have a deal."

They were leaving. Sam followed her again, wondering just where they were going now. He did note all the black around him, as if he were trying to navigate in the dark. Were all demons obsessed with the dark and dull colors? He was cautious as he stepped, sure not to step on or into anything. It was a living space, he assumed, and it must have been hers. He tried to commit it to memory. She seemed well-off, at least, which would benefit them both. Additionally, she wasn't the cleanest lass around, which was more than fine by him. Sam himself had never liked the pristine or the polished, an odd trait for an angel to have. As they continued on, he judged her thoroughly, wondering just where this would take him.

He didn't know why this woman had men's clothing, and he wasn't sure he wanted to know, either. He wasn't about to question it, though. If she had clothes for him, he'd take them, only after thoroughly checking them. But it would be a lot easier than buying new cloths with money he did not have. He walked over to the chest she had opened for him and looked over all the clothes she had. They were all so drab to him. As an angel, he was used to bright colors, pure whites and regal golds. All this black was awfully depressing. Still, he couldn't turn down a gift. So Sam chose a shirt and pair of trousers, and he held them up to his body. "I think these would fit," he mumbled to himself. Then, looking up to Deiliha, he asked, "What about you? Are these befitting your tastes as well?" He was trying to get her own opinion, since he didn't know much about mortal fashion, but he was also trying to include her in this plan, to form a bond he would later be forced to break.
    Last edited by Ashen; 08-28-2016 at 06:10 PM.

~Recruitment Thread~

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

He held up a black on black ensemble and she laughed as he asked if it was to her taste “not entirely fitting for you. Here let me help.” Before he could protest she moved to the chest her should brushing against him as she passed and leaned over the chest digging through the clothes “Damn, I forgot what all was in here. Hold on.” Pulling out a pair of black boxers and a pair of dark wash jeans she tossed them at him before standing and blinking for a second forgetting she was in close range with him.

Looking up she took a deep breath realizing he was in fact bigger then her before quickly dismissing the idea and moving to the other side of the closet where she opened the top drawer the mumbling “don’t be looking at my underwear.” As she dug through the drawer she pulled out a solid white tee shirt and held it up to herself, it hung down far enough it would cover her ass as long as she didn’t bend over of reach up to high nodding she moved back towards him offering him the shirt “I think you’ll look better in a white shirt then a drab black one. Plus I wear enough darkness for the both of us.” She offered him a smile and winked before walking out of the closet.

As she got to the door “there is a bathroom it the door on the left as you walk out of my room. You can change in there. You’ll be sleeping in the living room, and if you see Demon don’t worry about him. He is a gift from my mentor. He may bite considering he doesn’t like strangers but he will adjust.” Walking out of her room she moves herself to the kitchen she hadn’t thought to tell him demon was a cat well sort of. To him it would look like a cat and that was all that mattered for now.

She opened the fridge pulling out a bottle of water for her and him sitting one of the counter wondering if he was squishy like a human male or if being an angel would add a harder effect. When demons where brought to the underworld they were taught angels where fighters and would kill with no mercy so part of her wondered if she should really be trusting this angel fallen or not.

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Sam didn't protest. He watched her advance towards him, then stepped out of the way as she began to look at her collection of clothing she'd probably never worn. While she was looking, he took the opportunity to study the room again, and to watch her. She was too focused to notice him, so he memorized her face, her curves, the gleam in her eye. When she looked up, he didn't dare look away. Was she... moving away from him? It was almost too subtle to tell, but Sam had caught it. He looked over himself, then looked back to her. No. Was... a demon scared of him? It was an amusing thought, one he would enjoy telling his classmates.

Except now, he wasn't enrolled in the academy. Now, he wasn't allowed back in the clouds. Sam had forgotten about that. All the other disculpi would graduate without him. Would they even remember him? The trouble-making class clown? The consistent failure? They had probably already filled his seat. Sam looked away, until Deiliha had chosen clothes for him.

He didn't trust the boxers. Why would she have men's boxers? He looked them over, but they seemed clean, new even. So he sighed and slipped out of his leggings, threw them on. It did not occur to him that there was a demon in the room, nor that she might be uncomfortable to see the naked form of a man in her home. After the boxers, he pulled on the jeans, and looked up in time to see Deiliha throwing a shirt to him. He pulled off his tunic and replaced it with the shirt. The demon then told him about the bathroom, to which he mentally slapped his forehead. "Thanks anyway."

Sam didn't care much for where he was sleeping, and he didn't care about Demon, whatever it was. He assumed it was a pet of sorts, but what type of pet could a demon have? He thought a bat fitting, or a spider, even a snake. He just waved her off. "I'm sure he'll grow to love me." He bowed his thanks when she brought back a water bottle for him, then popped the cap open and took a long swig. "While we are on the subject of pampering me, might you have any socks and trainers? A cucumber bath as well?" He was kidding, and it was obvious from his smirk, but he could have gone for a pair of shoes.
    Last edited by Ashen; 09-02-2016 at 06:38 PM.

~Recruitment Thread~

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

She had gotten the water to cool the thoughts flashing through her mind as he changed in front of her and for a second she cursed the fact she was still a women and demons knew what lust felt like. Rolling her eyes as he spoke of demon growing to love him, as her mind wondered if he knew anything of hell cats and hell hounds?

Her pet was a hell cat bred to stalk and take down angels but she knew the cat was raised as a regular black cat and if the beast liked him it would be defective. She always preferred cats over dogs and it was the same with hounds and cats nw. hers was a gift said to be from the devil himself to win her favor but she wouldn’t accept it that way so she called him a gift from her teacher.

As he joked a chuckle escaped her “I’m sorry love. That’s pampering above your pay grade, also congratulations I didn’t think angels had a sense of humor.” She left out the part that the last angel she saw was being tortured and he just seemed all too serious. Shaking the thought she sighed as he mentioned shoes. “I sadly don’t think I have shoes... this world is filled with dark things and demons tend to change forms and that can ruin clothes. So it helps to always be prepared you never know who will drop on your door step naked. I think my last pair went with Simon.”

Running her hand through her raven locks she huffs “I suppose a trip to the store is in order. Since walking around barefoot will draw attention. Come on.” She moved out of the closet and then started for the door of her bed room a question popping out of her mouth “Is it true angels don’t know how to breed? That you guys are just kinda poof and your there?”

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

He had gotten a chuckle out of her. That alone was an achievement. He laughed with her, then shook his head. "Not-uh, not an angel anymore." Though he couldn't help but admit there was a sense of truth to her words. All of the angels he had known, they had feared his humor. Some of them had been funny, at times, but most of the angels of authority had been mean old sticks in the mud. So why had he been so different? And why did a demon get his humor? He stopped laughing, straightened. It didn't matter, he told himself. He'd complete his task, and he would never hear from her or any other demon again.

Sam was surprised this demon did not have shoes. He glanced back towards her closet and raised a brow. All these clothes, and no shoes? He turned back to her and shrugged. "Oh, yeah, Simon," he said sarcastically. "He and I go way back. Great guy." He had no idea who Simon was, or why she had gifted him shoes, but he didn't care much, either. They were going to a store, apparently. Sam nodded slowly, then followed her towards the door of the bedroom. A shopping spree, and all expenses paid? It was almost too good to be true. All this stuff was happening so fast. Maybe he would succeed after all.

Her question caught him off guard, and he chuckled. "We--that is, they--don't do any poofing. Angels don't need to breed. If there is a need for one of us, Adainmelhye simply creates one, and he fosters that cherub until it is prepped for academy training. There, it learns all there is to know about human history and culture. That way, once we graduate, we can become guardian angels of specific areas. Me, I had this little place going. Small town, not a lot of people, no electricity or any fancy things like that. I sure loved it there, and I wanted to become the town's guardian angel, but uh." His voice faded. He had really loved that town, until he'd been violently stripped from it.

Sam shook his head, and with it, his thoughts. "Never mind that," he muttered. "It's not that we don't know how to breed. We did study human anatomy and reproduction. We can't be much different, right?" He looked down as color slowly made its way to his cheeks. He hadn't been able to shed the we in his sentences, but the realization that he was a man was still very present. He could, potentially, breed now. Was that a good thing? Sam shrugged his shoulders. "Well, I guess that's something to be tested, but why don't you take me to dinner first, hm?"

~Recruitment Thread~

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

She laughed and looked away opening the apartment door for him, this time they were going out the correct way. “Your suck an expensive date. This had better be worth it.” Rolling her eyes as she joked with an angel. Even without his wings he was still considered and clean sleight, the blush of his cheeks making her laugh at his innocence. Even now he followed her without any sense that she could potentially be the most dangerous thing he had to encounter.

Sighing she pushed her thoughts away walking down a set of stairs to a room resembling a garage, with a simple black mustang parked in the darkness of the room, she had forgot that his sense whereat as great as her own. As a demon she could sense so many things even now she could smell him over the fumes of oil and gas. Grabbing his hand she led him through the darkness and something inside her made her remain silent.

As they got to her car she opened the door and moved his hand to the cold steel of the door so he could at least feel his way inside. Moving away from him she couldn’t help but notice how warm he was. It made her wonder if she was warm to, she never paid attention but did being a demon make her different then human’s body temperature wise. She didn’t know.

Sometimes she hated her humanity even now as she climbed into the driver seat part of her wanted to break the silence and talk to him the other part was sliding into the darkness of her mind. Making her wonder about herself and where the teachers went wrong, she used to be so demon with no worries or care but now she seemed to feel the heartbeat in her chest.

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

He'd made her laugh again. Sam chuckled along with her, counting these personal victories as brilliant starts. He would find use for them later, when he needed to gain her trust. For now, he quieted, and he followed her obediently, curious as to where they were really going. They were in a garage now, and there was an automobile waiting there. Driving was one human skill Sam had never learned, had never cared for. While the thought of such speedy transportation did tempt him, he had always had his teleportation and his wings to get him where he needed to be. His human friends had never used cars, they were deemed too modern, so for the most part he was used to life without. All the statistics climbed into his head, the numbers representing the masses who had died in car crashes of all sorts. Would today be the day he truly lost his immortality? He turned to Deiliha, hoping, praying, she was a good driver.

They got in the car, and the man could clearly tell something was off about this demon. She seemed especially moody, even for her kind, and Sam was left analyzing her. Was something the matter? He'd have given anything to know what she was thinking, to know of her intentions. It was eerie now, to think of the horrors she might have been planning. She was a demon, after all; why should he trust her to get them to their destination without an uproar? Sam shook his head. Distrust would get him nowhere. If she did choose to jeopardize the plan, he would be able to get away. He could defend himself, and maybe, just maybe, Heaven would take pity on him. Maybe they would come to save him from this one, too. As Sam thought on that, on all the things they had ever had to save him from before, he thought it might be better to just let her kill him than to let him face that embarrassment.

He settled into the seat beside her, looking over the interior of her vehicle. She seemed disturbed now, so Sam decided to break the silence, keep her from thinking whatever it was she was thinking. "Have you been driving long?" he asked her, running a finger over the dashboard of the car. "Where I'm from, we didn't have automobiles. People rode in buggies instead, though most of us walked. Town was too small to really demand one of these. I think one of the elders had one, for emergencies, but it was never used." He turned to her side, looked over the steering wheel. "Maybe you'll teach me some day."

~Recruitment Thread~

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

She blinked as her mind slid from the daze and back to the angel in her seat, tilting her head slightly she watched him debate something in his mind, and she wondered if he was regretting getting mixed up with her. Then she noticed him looking over the car and stroking the leather around him a smile hiding it in her eyes. Then he spoke and asked her to teach him to drive and she couldn’t help but grin for a second “You wouldn’t want me as a teacher.”

She sped around a corner the sound of her tires squealing making her face light up, she had always loved to speed and sometimes when no one was looking she would race or even go work on her car like one of the humans, but lately she hadn’t done much but sit in hell and gripe. Running a hand through her hair she realized why she had been upset. She didn’t want to be long to anyone but herself.

Huffing as if to blow the thought away she spoke up “I know you killed someone and I know it probably haunts your dreams, but if it means anything I don’t think you would have done it without reason. In my book and from the angels I’ve seen your one of the best.”

She felt her cheeks flush slightly unsure why she said that blinking and quickly throwing out something to cover the kindness she had shown “If I was certain I could trust your intentions I might teach you how to live like a human. After all demons are just humans who have done a little extra rule breaking.” The last part made her smile; it was true demons where once humans who had broke the almighty’s rules. Yet she didn’t regret it, she had done her time in the fire and her will had quickly moved her up the latter to where she was now.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast