Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] Heaven Sent [Ashen & LostMisfit]

The Ashen One
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    medieval fantasy, adventure, psychological
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Sam was curious as to why Deiliha said he wouldn't want her as a teacher, but he didn't have to wonder for long. As soon as she started driving Sam had to clutch the seat beneath him. This woman was mad, and she was going to get them both killed. After all, what did it matter to her? Her immortality would save her from true death, but it would no longer safeguard him. That had bee her plan all along, hadn't it? And Sam had been a fool to trust in her. This was truly where it ended.

He looked over to her, making an extra effort to look as calm as he wasn't. He wanted this to be over. Not even flying at high speeds was quite like this. Now, he was confined to a metal vehicle, and he would have no way out. He could not use his wings, nor his teleportation, meaning he was regally stuck. She spoke suddenly, and her tone sent a chill down his spine. Sam shook his head, and he straightened himself. He'd look too suspicious like this, fidgeting and struggling. So he composed himself, and he turned towards her. "I... beg your pardon?" Had she just complimented him? Where had that come from? Sam turned away, looked out the window. He hadn't had reason to kill, it was a complete accident, but he couldn't tell her that. Sam shifted a bit, wondering what the demon meant or what he did to warrant her words.

Her next suggestion, too, came as a surprise. "You were human, weren't you," he mumbled, recalling the process demons go through. "I always say, the world needs a little rule-breaking to keep the authority figures young. There's nothing wrong with a bit of that. Perhaps, once I die formally, I'll go through a process like yours." And wasn't that a terrifying thought. A bred angel turned to demonhood? There had only been one before him, eons ago. There was no way he could follow after the Lucifer. Sam sighed. "Never mind that. I'm sure I'll pick up on things rather quickly. Perhaps you will grow to trust me more, too. That is the hope." He looked to the road, which was disappearing all too quickly. "Not much longer, right?" he said, trying to hide the plea in his eyes.
    Thanks to Craze for the beautiful Bravely set!

~Recruitment Thread~
    Spoiler: Ashen's Personal Hall of Fame 

Romance, Fantasy, Supernatural, Paranormal
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

She heard him and said nothing her mind wondering what would happen to him if he did go through what she did and she quickly shut her thought down as they began to drift shades darker then she desired. As he sat in the car with her she had noted the slight scent of fear coming from him as she sped around the dark streets, and then he even asked if they were almost there. As if on cue she pulled into a dimly lit building and slammed the car into park causing it to jerk forward slightly.

Her next movements where swift and is she had been a hair larger she would have smacked her head into the roof of her car, yet now she found herself straddled across his lap. The heat of his flesh making her own body heat up in response. Her crimson eyes glaring into his, flickers of different emotions causing the color to dance like a fire “I am something you should be afraid of. Not this car, and you will do very well to remember that” she leaned down taking a deep breath, her breath brushing the soft flesh where his neck met his shoulder and she whispered “I don’t think you’ll ever go through what I did, and I wouldn’t want you to. You’re still so sweet and innocent.”

A soft chuckle escaped her as she spoke of his innocence, and part of her wondered if she had frightened the oh so dangerous angel with a death wish. Reaching for the handle of her car door she felt the cool plastic of the door and opened it filling the car with the warm night air, moving her face from him she looked out into the night taking a deep breath and moving gracefully out of the car, once she was standing she leaned down and smirked “Stay put handsome.”

Closing the door behind her she walked towards a dimly lit doorway her body out lined in black as her hips sway slightly with each step, her hair brushing the sliver of visible skin across her lower back. She vanished through the door and remained there. Part of her wondered when she got back would there still be an angel in her car?

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

He could sense her movements before she had acted, and he had every opportunity to back away. Perhaps it was the leftover powers from being an angel, or perhaps his training had just left excellent perception even in this new life, but Sam knew what she was going to do. And yet, he did not try to move away. They were stopped now, and all was safe, except that he was in an unknown place with a literal demon right beside him. But aside from that, everything was peachy.

She wasn't looking at him. Rather, he was staring into him, making him very uncomfortable. But Sam showed none of it. He had a better grip on his emotions now, and he sat up straight with all the poise of a swan. Her voice was eerie, and he could feel the chill of her skin. What exactly was she doing? Sam held his breath as he watched her, staying perfectly still. She wanted him to fear her. Did he? Did he truly fear who had been his sworn enemy since birth? Or did he fear something greater, something beyond this demon? And just what was it?

Suddenly she was laughing, a giant contradiction to the mood she had just set. Sam watched her with confused eyes, trying to understand her motions, her motives. Would he ever grow to understand demonkind? Deciding he could dismiss her for now, he gave her a smile and sighed a bit when she reached for the door handle. Her words gave him pause, and when she ad closed the door he laughed aloud. "Handsome?" he repeated aloud. "Me? I've been called many things in my day, but handsome is one I never thought... Ptarsameal, the angel plainer than plain!" He shook his head. This was no time for laughter. He was in danger, and he could only imagine what Deiliha would do when she got back.

But then, would he mind that? Sam paused, losing himself to his thoughts. What was he anymore? An angel who had given up heaven? A man who knew how to live neither as a man nor a higher being? So did it really matter what became of him? Did he have any reason to fear Deiliha, or even death itself? He was wanted by no realm. Maybe he really was better off in the ground, permanently.

Sam cleared his throat. Suicide, that was an unthinkable act to angels. Humans that committed it almost always turned to the demon side, and those who didn't forfeited the chance to make anything of themselves. It was a taboo in the heavens, and something that did not cross an angel's mind. And yet... Sam looked away, out the window where Deiliha had disappeared. He had nothing to lose, anymore. His entire life relied on this mission. He had nothing to fear. If he did not succeed, perhaps there really was nothing left for him.

~Recruitment Thread~

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

The music was set to lull a human to ease and she knew instantly that her company had been trapping, making her sigh and shake her head. The click of her boot alerting everyone of her presence and in a swift turn left she found herself in a brightly lit golden room. A man leaning over another whispering what she knew where sweet promises.

Clearing her throat she drew the whisperer’s attention and he smile brightly “Lady!!! You came to see me!!!” sighing a rolling her eyes as e moved to kiss her hand and bow his head in respect. It was something the demons had taken to doing since he almighty father of demons had claimed her as his betrothed. Huffing she jerked her hand back speaking coolly “Gerard, I’m in need of men’s clothing. Including shoes.”

The demon blinked but nodded his head “You know or lord doesn’t like it when you mess around with men not with your time being so close.” She growled and glared her eyes flashing a darker shade of red “I didn’t not ask for your opinion. Get it done now.” He scurried off and she plopped herself into an overstuffed chair tapping her black nails on the arm. She had already had her fill of this demons housing. The stench filling her nose was making her sick and uneasy and she could scent fear from the humans he trapped in the basement.

He soon returned with a bag of things and laid them at her feet bowing back with his head down, golden hair hiding his face, and she knew he was reporting back her visit. Huffing she stands and grabs the bag storming out and stomping her way the car. She got back to the car glaring at the night as she found t he sleek black beast she had loved so many years ago, going to the back she popped open the truck and tossed the bag inside.

Going around the car she got into the driver’s seat slamming the door as she plopped into the leather seat with a sigh. Taking a calming deep breath with her eyes closed before she started the engine and began pulling out of that cursed parking lot.

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Sam didn't notice Deiliha approach the car, so when she opened the trunk he startled a little. She had come holding something, a bag maybe. He watched her walk back to the drivers side and start up the car. "That was fast," he murmured, though more to himself than to her. Her tone was different. She seemed colder now, and more eager to get away from this place. Sam looked back, at this strange alley and this strange building. Just where were they, anyway? What had she done in there? He turned back to her and raised an eyebrow. What was in that bag? Whatever it was, she didn't look too thrilled about it, and the former angel decided not to inquire any further.

The car ride was beginning to feel awkward. The demon wasn't speaking, and he didn't know what to say. Instead, he looked out the window and revisited his earlier thoughts. They were darker than he was used to, and already he had to wonder if this demon was having such an effect on him. How long until he was one of them? An angel turned demon, now there was a tale. Sam remembered learning about the first and only former angel, the overlord of demons himself. Would Sam ever be able to join him? All his life he had been an enemy, the enemy, and he had no desire to change that now. But he was working with his bride-to-be. Was that not the same thing? Maybe it would have been better to spare himself the embarrassment. How easy would it be to distract Deiliha enough to swerve the car into something, something big?

Sam snapped out of it. Now was no time to feel sorry for himself. He cleared his throat and looked at the road before him again. "Where are we off to now? Taking me to dinner, too?"

~Recruitment Thread~

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

She drove noting the intense silence filling the car, yet she couldn’t bring herself to break the deathly void of nothingness she feared would shatter like glass around them. The angel seemed lost in his own dark thoughts and she left him there, perhaps some deep dark thinking would do the holy being some good. After all the crazy winged one in the car was sitting calmly beside a devils consort. The idea made her sigh and keep her eyes focused on the lights of the buildings around her. As her mind raced so did the car around different streets and roads.

Then she heard him speak the tension in her shoulders shattering just like the silence in the car “Are you hungry angel boy? I could always give you something to eat I promise you won’t forget.” A grim spread on her lips as she here lit up and she dared to cast a glance at the angel wondering if he would sense her meaning or if it would go over his head and become her own private joke. It hadn’t taken much to bring the light out of the she devil but the light didn’t reach the darkness lingering in her ruby eyes.

Licking her lips slowly she spoke again “We were told angels could hear cries of pain from humans, and we were told we could to but we had the choice to ignore it and angels didn’t. I had one mentor say that demons are just angels with more freedoms. After all to become a demon the king makes you sip from the cup of life they call it. Some of us get nothing from it, others get gifts like the angels get.” Chuckling she ran her hand through her hair and bulled into her garage, the lights flickering on “In truth we aren’t very different. You guys where just born with a stick firmly implanted in your ass and a control chip in your brains. Like the old alien movies I used to watch as a human.” Chuckling she leans back into her seat after putting the car in park.

If the world fell apart once she broke that veil between the angels and demons everything would get so shaken up and destroyed she could slid under the radar and wouldn’t have to marry the devil. He knew her goals but she needed to sniff out his true intent after all why would a angel trained to fallow orders decide it was time to shatter the divider between them when they where only taught to protect it.

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

He raised an eyebrow at what he assumed to be a joke, not quite getting it but not wanting to have it explained, either. Sam instead offered a small chuckle, and he waited to see what else she would do. They were speeding through the streets again, this batty old driver not caring if they crashed, apparently. Well, neither did Sam, not really, and that thought calmed him the smallest bit.

But then she spoke, and he turned his head to her. She was speaking of angels and demons, of the differences between them or lack thereof. It all came so out of the blue, Sam didn't understand it. "We could hear the cries of those we were stationed to watch over, yes. Angels are guardians, in a way, so we were assigned specific regions. My region was too calm to hear much pain, really, except for, well. Except for the one boy I killed." He said it without showing his immense remorse. "Perhaps we aren't so different. But Deiliha, you forget. I am no longer an angel. I forfeited my wings and halo when I murdered him. Now I am like you used to be. Mortal, and so very naive. At least, that is how they would have me. I vow they are wrong." That, at least, was not a lie.

They had arrived back at her place. Sam waited for her to get out of the car before he did. "I wonder what happens during the de-angelization process. Do I automatically lose the stick in my ass, or will I have to shit it out in the near future?" It was a joke. His attempts to lighten the mood had often failed up above, but his snide comments had always managed to get shy chuckles behind nervous hands. "Hopefully the chip's already out, because I don't think removing that would be too pleasant. If I start doing anything overly holy, like feeding homeless children or praying, just let me know and we'll work out an arrangement, alright?" He didn't bother chuckling at his own joke: that would kill it, and besides, he didn't know Deiliha's humor yet. So far it was strange, one he did not understand. But if she understood his humor, at least, that would make things much easier.

~Recruitment Thread~

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Well I could always find out.” Then she heard him talking about doing holy things and her mind flashed back to the little girl she had saved from bulling boys and she shook her head. He would never truly understand that she was a failure as a demon and she was the only one who noticed, running a nervous hand through her head she wondered what kinda of rage an X-angel would have against a demon who was still tainted with humanity.

Moving towards the stairs she offered a small smile as a reward for him trying to make jokes to pull her from the darkness of her own mind, in a flash she forced her control to snap back into place and became her former carefree self “If you start doing holy things I’ll just have to show you how fun the unholy things are.” Smiling brightly she chuckled as the reentered her home.

She tossed the bad at him know inside would be a box, with a pair of black tennis shoes for him and she began digging in her fridge she sigh dramatically “I don’t know what you like. What have you had of mortal foods?” looking around her fridge door at him she tilts her head ever so slightly. Thought crossed her mind and she found herself wondering if she even remembered how to cook like a human, the thought made a pout form on her lips as her eyes darkened ever so slightly.

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Her response to his joke stilled him a bit. He didn't think unholy things would be so amusing, really, and he was scared of what the crazy bat was thinking of. He tried not to think too hard about it, knowing doing so would get them nowhere. Hopefully it wouldn't come to that. He didn't have many angelic tendencies even as an angel. Wasn't that why he'd been thrown out in the first place? Hiding the very few he had wouldn't be hard at all.

Back inside, Sam awkwardly held the bag in his hands and peered into the box. Solids, and so plain; not exactly his style. But he was a beggar and therefore not a chooser, so Sam bowed his thanks and moved to a wall to put on his new shoes. They were comfortable at least, even if they did seem so dull. When she spoke to him, Sam looked up and watched her move about her kitchen. What did he like...? Sam tried to think of the last time he had had actual food. It had all been simple stuff, but the woman who'd made it for him--the mother of the boy he'd killed--had made it taste so divine. He turned away at the memory.

When Sam looked back up, his previous demeanor had faded. He had a smirk on his face. "How about angel food cake?" he suggested, but laughed to show it was a joke. "I'm kidding. I don't know why they named a food after them. Makes me not want to eat it. Have you any meats? I remember eating a lot of chicken and pork, I think it was, grilled. But I'm not picky, not really. I'll eat whatever you're offering." He joined her in the kitchen and looked over what she had. "I can cook, too," he said, though his confidence in his abilities was faltering. "Do demons even need to eat? Why don't I cook my own food? I'm not such an invalid, you know."

~Recruitment Thread~

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

She tilted her head as he asked if Demons even ate food and she scoffed lifting her chin “I can eat, I just don’t have to. I just can’t cook. “grumbling she looked down at her feet and kicked a little “Gluttony wasn’t my sin… so I’m not forced to eat on a regular basis.” Closing her fridge, she moved herself to the bar like counter and sat on one of the small round stools. She quickly made mental note that the leather really wasn’t worth what she paid for it before leaning over the counter and placing her head in her hands watching the angel in her kitchen.

She said nothing for a moment just simply studying the strange being who fell into her lap, she had yet to decide if she trusted him but even without trust she could judge him accordingly. Her middle finger tapped her cheek as she studied him the hidden muscles rippling under his clothes. She could bet he was strong but how strong she was not sure. Part of her wanted to test it and learn for herself the other part told her to stay seated and watch. It was only a matter of time before someone came to stop them.

“When you were a angel what was one human thing you most defiantly wished you could do? I had a chance to do a lot of things I wish I had done but once I resurfaced as what you see today I made sure to do them all, but now I find myself being bored with most things….” Huffing she let her head drop as she crossed her arms on the counter and laid her head down.

Out of the corner of her eye she noticed movement a small black cat hopping up on the counter to headbutt her as he purred away making her huff and roll her eyes “Stupid cat. You’re not helping and I’m not feeding you right now..”

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast