Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: (PG-13) Dragons at war (Holeypaladin and P.K.)

Your daily overdose of cute
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Sify, Romance, adventure, slice of life on occasion.
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

"Familiar enough." She replied. She had to make her own all the time after all, but were the herbs here the same as in the swamps? She tried to ignore the looks they received as he carried her out of the village. "I suppose that's true, but I don't believe any blood was drawn." She replied. "I do not think any cleaning is required for the bruises I have." she replied glancing over the little bit of skin she could see, Her knee was the worst of it she was sure.

Humans, was he not human himself? Hum... Maybe that was why he didn't mind her so much. It wasn't so bad she supposed. When they finely reached the grove she glanced around it before looking up at him. "I think I can walk now, you can set me down..."
    P.K.'s character locker ~ P.K.'s word works ~ P.K.'s Idea store

1x1 = 1/5 Multi = 0/5 PW = 0/2
    Spoiler: Other things. 

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

The knight rather enjoyed carrying the dragon-blooded elf in his arms, and even as he reached the grove, he was a bit hesitant to let her down. Still, no longer having an excuse to keep carrying her, he made his way to a soft-looking patch of grass and gently set her down. No longer holding her in his arms, he nevertheless offered her a slight smile. "These groves," he said, "Make for peaceful escapes from the hectic life of cities and the clutter of far too many humans... don't you think?"

He began to search the nearby foliage for restorative herbs, occasionally stealing glances back at the elf. "You should inspect yourself to determine how badly hurt you are," he said, "Well... unless you feel comfortable enough to let me inspect your entire body for injuries, which seems unlikely. Any scrapes, even minor ones... use that spring water to wash them out."

Before long, he had assembled a small pile of restorative herbs, all suited for disinfection and healing purposes, which should make suitable ingredients for a poultice which would provide an effective treatment for the pretty young elf's injuries.

Holey Paladin's armor by Haya

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Liveth looked around the grove before nodding. "I agree." she said before looking to him as he began to search around for herbs to use. She flushed faintly when he mentioned looking over herself unless she didn't mind him doing so. There was just something strange about him and his manor, but she supposed it could be worse. She turned to the water, moving closer. She was sure she wasn't to badly hurt but she looked over herself none the less.

By the time he had gathered his pile she had determined that she was coverd in nothing but bruises and scratches not worth worrying about. Her knee was perhaps the worst of it but she doubted this man would relent. She looked over the herbs then began to pick a few out. Pulling out her bag and opened it and searched for her herb pastel only to find it was cracked. She sighed rolling her eyes faintly before setting it aside There were other ways herbs could be applied. She took one and popped it in her mouth and began to chew.

"If your not from this village, what brings you here?" she asked.

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

The knight smiled softly to the elven lady before taking a seat next to her. He gently pressed his shoulder against her in an affectionate, yet non-intrusive manner. "Not that badly hurt, eh? You're quite sturdy for an elf... your kind tend to be notoriously fragile, after all. But it's good to see you'll be fine." He reached out to her hand, placing his hand over hers softly.

"I'm what you could call... a knight-errant, you see. It means I travel the world, righting wrongs, killing bad guys, saving damsels in distress and killing dragons. That sort of thing. While I can tell you are no helpless damsel... I still want to protect you. This area is not safe with a black dragon roaming the skies..."

"Since old Bronzebeard, for all his obnoxious, reckless behavior in fighting in the middle of a human town... what was that arrogant prick thinking...? Well, since he failed to finish the black off, it falls to me to do so myself. Do you have any idea where he might make his lair, pretty Liveth?"

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Liveth was speechless. Wanted to protect her? suspicion was hard to force down, not once had anyone wanted to protect her. Not that she met many people... Was this how humans... people always acted? Or was it just her and her uncivilized life? She wasn't sure but she looked down at her work as he continued to speak. She frowned as he asked where the dragon might be. Oh she knew all to well, back at the swamp she had called home until that infernal thing drove her out.

"Probably a swamp." She responded. "There's one in the direction it flew off in. Its a large swamp but there are whole networks of caverns in it..." she mumbled almost begrudgingly... if they could clear the caves out... maybe she could move back in and wouldn't have to wounder off in search of a new home. But then what about him? She looked up at him suddenly. "What makes you think you can kill a dragon?" she asked. "How many dragons have you slain?"

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

"A swamp," the knight nodded, "Yes, that seems most likely... black dragons tend to favor the swamps as their terrain of choice." He considered the direction it had flown off in. "Are you familiar with this area?" he asked her, "I won't ask you to fight, of course, but if you can help me locate the dragon's lair, it would be a great assistance in killing the beast."

"While it's typically true that people are no match for dragons..." he considered her question, "Given the proper tools, and the proper training, it is indeed possible to kill them. A black dragon, for example, uses acid as its breath weapon... so some kind of armor that gives resistance to acid is the best kind. Since they're immune to their own breath attacks, ideally using the hide of a black dragon as body armor is the best way to defend against them." As he said this, he closed his eyes and concentrated.

He began to internally channel energy, focusing on his magical circuits, shaping them in a way that would suit the upcoming engagement. As he did so, a suit of black dragonscale plate armor slowly began to materialize, seemingly from nowhere, to cover his body. "As for how to kill them," he spoke up again, "Swords aren't very effective weapons against dragons. But polearms are... long reach, deep penetrating power." He focused more on his magical circuits, and soon summoned forth a long pole weapon, specially enchanted for piercing dragon scales. He then released the weapon, and it faded into nonexistence, but he could re-summon it at any time.

"As for how many dragons I've slain..." he thought for a moment and shrugged. "None, yet. But there's a first time for everything, right?"

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Liveth watched as black dragons hide materialized magically on him, as well as a weapon which he released. what kind of man was he? he didn't look to be a wizard, most certainly didn't speak like she thought one should. Could it be... that he was some sort of construct? and that was why he seemed so odd? So many questions. She wasn't sure she had the nerve to ask for answers. Still he was interesting.

"I know the area." She said finely. "And yes I can help you find it." She frowned at him. he talked as if he knew how, but had not? Hum... she could only hope but she was afraid he'd end up dying... or perhaps worse... getting into trouble where she had to reveal her true self. "I have a few spells that may help, but nothing more." She said quietly inwardly sighing as she wondered why she was even agreeing, there was no granteed he's win or survive or... not try and kill her after if she did step in... And the dragon... he could be a problem... dragons had a keen sense of their own, it probably already knew it had chased off a half dragon.

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

"I don't mean to put you in danger," said the knight, offering a slight smile to the elf, "But I do appreciate the help. You're a sorceress right? Dragons have a resistance to direct attack magic... but there might be something you can do to support me, if you like. But stay out of harm's way as much as possible..." He chuckled, "After all, we still need to have our date, so we need to keep you alive and healthy long enough to properly enjoy it, right?"

It seemed the herbs had taken effect, and the worst of the elf's injuries were already healed. Offering her a hand, the knight helped her to her feet. "We shouldn't wait too long to kill this thing," he said, "It's still wounded and weak from its fight. It's much, much easier to kill a wounded dragon than it is to try and take on a healthy one by myself..."

He shrugged, "Might not be entirely fair to kick it while it's down... but it's a freaking dragon. I think when fighting dragons, us lesser species should use whatever advantages we can get, you know? If that happens to involve finishing a half-dead creature rather than waiting for it to heal... well, it's better than letting it strike the village again and hurt more bystanders. So, are you up for a short walk, Liveth?"

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Liveth took his hand a stood. "I'll do my best." she replied brushing herself down before looking to him. "I agree, for something like that we have to use what we have." She turned in the direction the dragon had flown off in, knowing all to well were it would be. "It wont be a short walk but yes, I'm ready." She replied.

(Sorry I've been so busy/tired and not focused lately with work and all....)

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Squeezing her soft, delicate hand, the knight didn't immediately let go of it once he had helped her onto her feet. It was for the same reason that he hadn't made her walk before... he simply found her soft skin pleasant to the touch, and was charmed by her beauty and grace.

"You seem to have a pretty good idea where we're headed," he observed once he began walking with the elf towards the swamp. She wasn't taking a direct route into the swamp itself, after all, but rather headed towards a specific location within the swamp. It was clear that she had a much better idea of where this dragon would be than she had let on.

"I don't mean to pry..." he said, "But if there's something you'd like to tell me... well, you should know by now that I'm not the type to judge a book by its cover. And I would like to know more about you, Liveth. Whatever you're comfortable saying, of course... I won't pressure you to reveal everything about yourself."

(Just gladd you remembered meee!)

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast