Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: (PG-13) Dragons at war (Holeypaladin and P.K.)

Your daily overdose of cute
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Sify, Romance, adventure, slice of life on occasion.
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

(How could I forget you I just need to find a balance between work, life, and fun... >.> if my schedual wasn't quite so all over the place it be easyer.)

"I wounder around a lot." Liveth said quickly. "I just happened to pass through the swamp yesterday... I have a good idea of where to look just biased on what I saw passing through...." IT was a blatant lie on her part but it didn't matter what he said about not judging, she was half dragon... half black dragon at that. and they were on their way to kill a black dragon. She wasn't going to take such a chance. She didn't need him knowing and he didn't need to know. She trusted no one with that information.
    P.K.'s character locker ~ P.K.'s word works ~ P.K.'s Idea store

1x1 = 1/5 Multi = 0/5 PW = 0/2
    Spoiler: Other things. 

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Glancing at her, the knight shrugged. "If you say so," he said. It was obvious she wasn't telling the truth, but he had said he wasn't going to pressure her for the information, so he simply made his way towards the swamp. It was clear by now that Liveth knew exactly where the black dragon's lair was... as if she had seen it before.

The stench of swamp water was definitely not pleasant. "I don't understand why black dragons choose swamps as their preferred terrain..." he said with a shrug. "It's like they enjoy the stench of death and decay present in these wetlands. The very environment is toxic, full of disease and parasites... I suppose it discourages people from accidentally wandering into their swamp caves, at least."

Holey Paladin's armor by Haya

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Liveth had been silent unless her new friend had spoken and when he did she nodded. "That could be it." She agreed. the same reasons she had chosen it, people didn't come here often and the stench and decay didn't bother them. She sighed realizing that she was acting to familier with this place already. It was difficult to navigate as if she didn't already know this place, hopefully... they could just part ways after this... but he might insist on that date... what was she going to do about that? Great jam you got yourself into, agreeing to such a thing. she chided herself silently.

She stopped after picking her way over the boggy ground before crouching down and looking on ahead. "I think there's a cave entrance there." she said finely. "Its hard to make out but if there is one there its the perfect place to hide..." There was a small rocky island coverd in moss and vines patruding out of the water. But she didn't say any more about it...

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

It was amusing to see a woman try and navigate familiar terrain while pretending to be unfamiliar with it. By some miraculous chance, call it fate or incredible luck, he had acquired a guide who knew the exact location of the black dragon's lair. Despite the fact that, for whatever reason, she didn't feel comfortable telling him why she knew these swamps... the knight nodded towards her. "I believe you," he said as she mentioned the cave.

"Are you ready?" he asked her, summoning forth the polearm he had shown her earlier, as he began to make his way towards the cave entrance. "Dragons like to trap their lairs... so if you're familiar with the locations of any potential traps in this one, perhaps you could warn me so that I don't step into a pit of acid or something," he said with a slight laugh, as if to pass it off as a joke. It wasn't.

Cautiously, he made his way towards the entrance of the dragon's lair. He was already seeing signs that it was occupied... a trail of blood outside the entrance. Dragon blood, by the smell of it. The wounded black dragon had indeed done exactly as he had predicted, and returned to its lair to recover.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Liveth frowned. If the dragon had trapped the lair she didn't know where it would have done so, she had never placed traps as no one every came out this far. She sighed softly before slowly following him. Had the dragon even had time to trap it? it hadn't been that long since it had run her out... She wondered if anything of hers was left intact...

Sure enough, he was right. So it was the same dragon, there was no doubt now now to slay it... and then what? could she somehow slip away him? She reached forward suddenly snagging the back of his sleeve to stop him. Her eyes narrowed on a patch of disturbed ground, that wasn't there before, and it only got darker ahead. "Can you see in the dark?" she asked suddenly.

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

It was indeed quite dark, and the knight might very well have stepped on a dangerous trap had the elf not noticed it in time to stop him. "Um..." he said, "Not in complete darkness, no..." he said, gazing ahead. It was hard to see any details with the darkness, so he decided to remedy the situation. "It's too dark to search for traps... the dragon will know we're coming, but... better to fight it head on than to stumble through darkness into traps and maybe get eaten by a grue," he chuckled as if he had made a joke.

"Mitne, ga'haith," he incanted in the Draconic language. The words were those of a lighting spell, which lit up the whole cave as far as the eye could see. "Much better," he nodded, taking some time to look around the room. There was furniture... decorations. And not dragon-sized, either. "Someone... lives here. Or did, at least, until the dragon took over this lair."

He glanced over to Liveth. "Liveth..." he said, "Do you know anything about a humanoid person who lives in the swamp? It would appear that the dragon either drove this person from home, or ate this person..." He had his suspicions, based on how quickly she had found this place and navigated the swamps, but he held his gaze on the elf to see her reactions.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Liveth watched the cave light up for a moment, looking around the familier cave for a moment. So... some of her stuff was indeed intact. She didn't look at the man right away as he asked his question but she made herself remain stone calm. By he way he asked he seemed to already know. she hadn't done a very good job pretending not to know where she was going, she wasn't good at lying, she wasn't good at much when it came to socializing with others.

She rolled her eyes with a sigh as he continued to stare. "I suppose you already think you know, so yes. I lived here until that dragon drove me out a few days prior. Is there something wrong with that?" She challenged. "There are those who prefer to live away from others for various reasons, this is as good a place as any as people avoid coming to these places..."

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

The knight looked at her as she explained finally explained herself. She seemed to be a bit defensive, as if to think he was judging her. He just looked at her, and when she asked if there was something wrong with living away from society, he gave her a soft smile and shook his head. Stepping a bit closer, he gently wrapped his arms around the elf, squeezing her slightly.

"I'm sure you have your reasons," he said, not attempting to challenge her decision. "It's probably due to the racism of the local humans... but I didn't realize it was so bad as to force a pretty young elf to live by herself in a stinky swamp." He held her a bit tighter, stroking her hair. "Why don't you travel with me for a time rather than moving back in right away?" he asked her, slowly pulling away and looking into her eyes.

"I mean... the world is very, very big," he said with a shrug, "There are lots of exciting things and places to see and visit. It'll be fun, and, more importantly... you won't have to be alone. And neither will I." He chuckled. "I'm not one for crowds, but living by yourself... well, that must get lonely after awhile, right? So does traveling alone, so we make the perfect couple," he nodded to her. "Give it some thought at least. And since you know this place well... you should easily be able to spot anything the dragon might have altered into a trap. So this worked out perfectly."

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Liveth was taken back when he wrapped an arm around her. telling her she must have had a good reason, which he wouldn't be wrong.. but it wasn't just the racism of the local humans. She didn't know how to react when he stroked her hair, it was oddly nice to have someone else so close but at the same time it was a little uncomfortable. She looked up at him as he stepped away and asked her to travel with him for a time instead of moving back in once they defeated the dragon. She opened her mouth to respond but closed it again. No... that wouldn't do. The longer they spent together the easier it became to see what she really was. Even if he seemed nice now, being half dragon wasn't something most people took lightly... specially dragon hunters.

"Ya, worked out perfectly." She agreed quietly turning to look back down the hall. "We better keep moving, he'll have plenty of time to prepare for us eather way."

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

The elf still seemed to be worried about something... the knight finally got her to admit that she lived in the swamp, but there was still something she was holding back. He decided not to press her too much for details... for the time being, at least. Her lack of answer to his suggestion did not go unnoticed... which meant it wasn't a yes, but not a no either. Perhaps she simply needed more convincing.

Letting the matter rest for the time being, the knight shrugged and nodded to her. "I'll follow your lead," he said, letting Liveth take the helm and navigate her way to the dragon's lair. Thankfully, the beast hasn't had much time to lay any elaborate traps, and those that he did managed to place were easily spottable by the elf who made this place her home.

Before long, the knight found himself before the dragon... who was, of course, sleeping on a moderately sized pile of treasure in a stereotypical manner. Being able to avoid the traps also meant that they hadn't alerted this creature to their presence. Summoning forth his dragonbane polearm, the knight glanced over to Liveth. Would she choose to fight, or stand on the sidelines? Not wanting to ask her out loud, he gave her a questioning look instead.

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast