Page 1 of 28 123 ... LastLast

Thread: (PG-13) Dragons at war (Holeypaladin and P.K.)

Your daily overdose of cute
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Sify, Romance, adventure, slice of life on occasion.
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Default (PG-13) Dragons at war (Holeypaladin and P.K.)

Liveth pulled her hood further up as she walked through the village, The sun was high and beating down on her and the hood provided a little shelter from the heat. It had been three days since she had had to flee her swamp cavern, surrendering it to the biggest black dragon she had ever laid eyes on, which... wasn't saying much as she hadn't seen many... and never so close. She had heard there was a swamp further east, but if she had to she could live anywhere that was relatively secluded.

She let out a heavy sigh as she stopped at the center of town and opened a purse. She had used her change sparingly but even then she hadn't a whole lot to use in the first place, there was nothing she needed but she would undoubtedly have to seek something out in the next village. Forging was well and all but she still needed tools, which had all been confiscated by the dragon upon her forceful removal. "Ugh... dragons." She muttered closing the purse before she started for the other end of the village.

The elf suddenly stopped getting that feeling, that same feeling she had had when the black dragon had first arrived. A huge shadow passed over her and a cry went up from the villagers before a second shadow passed over and there was a deafening roar. Liveth could only watch as the two dragons spiraled in the air before latching onto each other and plummeting towards the center of the village. A matalic and a Chromatic. She had heard roumers of the two sets of dragons duking it out but she hadn't though it was so close by! The roumers had said it was still far to the west... the direction the black dragon had come...

Levith dived out of the way as the dragons hit the ground toppling over small buildings and making the ground shake. Claws taring up the earth and tails wrecking havoc from behind. Liveth was only able to cover her head as debris dusted over her then followed by broken wood, burying her under a small pile. She started to push her way out but it was slow, as the battled wrestled it out practically on top of her.
    P.K.'s character locker ~ P.K.'s word works ~ P.K.'s Idea store

1x1 = 1/5 Multi = 0/5 PW = 0/2
    Spoiler: Other things. 

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

As the black dragon battled the bronze in the skies of a human settlement, they began to make quite a mess off things, toppling buildings, dealing property damage, their breath weapons affecting the surrounding crops and livestock. "Stupid dragons," muttered a lone knight as he made his way in to the village, "Can't they take their fight elsewhere?"

The black dragon was the stronger in this case, likely due to its age. As dragons grew older, they grew more powerful, and even the weaker breeds could overpower the stronger breeds given a large enough age difference. Realizing it was losing the fight, the bronze dragon peeled off and began to fly off in the distance. The black dragon made to follow it at first, but the intervention of human soldiers with their bows and crossbows made it think twice about giving chase, and it too flew off, back to its swamp to recover.

Taking note of which direction the dragon had gone, the knight noted the location of a potentially wounded dragon who needed to be finished off. But before that, there was a bit of damage control to do in the village. Making his way through some of the ruined buildings, he noted that some of the rubble was twitching. He quickly realized that someone was buried underneath, trying to struggle free while slowly being crushed to death. Quickly heading over to the rubble, he began to rapidly push the rocks and debris aside, uncovering the form of a rather attractive female elf.

"You alright?" he asked her, offering a hand to help her out of the mess. "Take my hand, I'm gonna get you out of there." He was quite strong physically, and the elf's slender form was not difficult for him to pull free of the debris, after all.

Holey Paladin's armor by Haya

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Liveth hand only managed to move enough so she could breath without being crushed but as she rested for the moment she could hear that outside was... relatively quite. had the dragons left? which one had won? After a moment she felt the pile shift and quickly braced her hands to catch anything before more light cracked through making her blink for a moment before she looked up at the hand that was offered her. Someone had come to help her, what a relief. She wasn't sure she was strong enough to get out on her own. She gratefully took the hand feeling it pull from the rubble.

Letting herself breath for a moment she began to pick herself up and brush herself off when she felt the twing in her knee. She ignored it for the moment as she turned to the knight that had helped her out. "My thanks to you sir, I doubt I could have made it out on my own." She said brushing back some of her black hair back behind her pointed ears. It was unusual she knew but her hood was off and torn from what she could tell so there was nothing she could do about it but go with her usual excuse. She was fair as an elf but she could pass as a half-elf with ease. "Is there anything I can do to repay you?" she asked well aware that she probably wouldn't stay in the area to long.

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Once he had pulled the elf free of the rubble, the knight looked over her body briefly. "You're hurt," he said, gesturing to her knee. His attention was drawn to her pointed ear as she brushed her hair back, as if to draw attention to the fact that she was indeed an elf, but the man didn't show any obvious reaction to the fact, despite the somewhat racist attitude of the local humans towards her kind.

"We need to get your wounds tended," said the knight, nodding politely at the dark-haired elf, "If you really want to repay me..." he considered her offer, then shrugged as he came to a conclusion. "How about a date, then?" He said it so casually, even though the words held a great deal of controversial meaning in this area of the world, where interracial relationships were quite the taboo and half-elves were persecuted by both of their parent races.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

"Its fine, I'm sure." She replied quietly when he mentioned her knee it was only a twing after all she probably just bumped it in her fall. She watched as he contemplated what she would owe him and mentally she groaned but it was cut short at his words. She flushed. "A-a date?" she looked around for a moment before back at him. "A-are you sure?" she asked him in disbelief. She knew about the prejudice about elves and she could only imagen how worse it would get if they knew what she really was. Just from his calm Demeanor he didn't seem to care what anyone else would think. How strange.

She had offered, it seems there was no way she could get out of it. Served her right she had better watch what she said from now on when she ventured into villages. but what was he thinking? She couldn't help but be a little suspicious but she didn't let it show. "I suppose if that's all that you want." She said uncertainly.

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

"Wow... really?" The knight held a look of surprise for a moment. Apparently, he hadn't expected this pretty elf to readily agree to a date so easily. "I mean..." he said, pausing, "Great!" Since she had accepted, he had no idea what to actually do for a proper date in this small town. With a look of confusion, he decided to change the topic.

"So..." he said, "What's your name?" Realizing that it was usually customary to introduce yourself, he blushed slightly, feeling a bit sheepish. "I don't.... have a name," he admitted. "Well, not yet, at least." He shrugged. "You can name me if you want... but...." he paused briefly, "Only once you feel some sort of emotional connection. Otherwise it's a pretty pointless name, don't you think?"

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Liveth shook her head faintly in disbelief. Had he really expected her to turn him down? she supposed she could have but... no it was to late now. At least someone seemed happy about it.

He didn't seem to know what to say next but seemed realize that neither of them knew others name. Normally she wouldn't worry about it to much seeing as she wouldn't stick around long enough for anyone to remember her but... then he mentioned that he didn't have one. She was taken back. "How could you not...?" She murmured and realized that might be rude but it was already to late. Wait name him? She wondered if this was a pick up line she didn't get but after a moment of listening to him she decided he was serious.

"I uh... Okay." She said with slight discomfort. "My name is Liveth." She said finely. "And as you know I'm not form here."

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

"I'm not from here either," said the knight with a shrug, looking over the elf woman. "Liveth, huh? Pretty name..." he commented, then frowned slightly. "You know, I have no idea where to take you for a date in this small town. Well, first we need to take care of your wounds... you got bruised up pretty badly by that falling building, even if you don't realize it yet."

Without much warning, he put an arm around her back, lifting behind her knees with the other to pick her up in his arms in a princess carry. "Regretfully, I'm only capable of self-healing magic right now... and the clinics are sure to prioritize the human wounded... racist bastards. But, I spotted a grove not far out of town, with clean water and restorative herbs. We could mix up some healing potions... it's not perfect, but better than having to wait for someone kind enough to treat you, right?"

He began to head towards the town outskirts, carrying the elf in his arms as if she were no heavier than a feather.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Liveth thought for a moment. She wasn't sure what would be done on a date at all so it wasn't as if she could suggest anything. She was going to protest once again that she was fine even if she was bruised she was sure she could push through. She didn't get much of a chance however as he picked her up, making her gasp in surprise when she was suddenly lifted into the air. She wasn't used to people treating her in such a way and while in a way it was... flattering it was also concerning. Did people really do this for each other?

She decided not to protest... at least not for now. The twing in her knee told her she'd be limping through down if she insisted on walking.

"A grove? It shouldn't be to difficult to make some healing salves from the plants there." She muttered. She did the same in the swamps surly there were just as many plants here for that use as there were there.

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

"Exactly!" he said, nodding at her words. "I take it you're familiar enough with alchemy to make healing salves, then?" He attracted a few looks as he carried the pointy-eared elf out of town, but didn't seem to pay them much mind. "Perhaps we could exchange recipes, then. I'm always interested in new formulae."

Once at the outskirts of town, he began to walk through the woods in the direction of the grove, still carrying the elf woman easily enough without showing much strain. She was a slender creature to begin with, and his strength was nothing to sneeze at, so it wasn't very difficult at all. "Plus, with clean water, we'll be able to clean out and disinfect your wounds. Humans still have a long way to go when it comes to proper medical knowledge, especially in uneducated villages in the middle of nowhere, so we're probably best off avoiding their primitive methods of healing anyway."

He rather enjoyed the feeling of the elf's warmth in his arms, and regretted the fact that he'd have to set her down eventually, but had no intentions of doing so before they reached their destination. It was as good an excuse to hold a pretty girl as any, after all.

Page 1 of 28 123 ... LastLast