Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: War of the Dragons (w/ Honeypaladin; M, just in case)

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    fantasy, sci fi, modern fantasy, modern, fandom
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

The bell had her on edge and she had pulled her crossbow out. "Oh, great," she said, her voice dripping in sarcasm. "I love wyverns." They were not the most fun in combat. The stinger could do some damage. Without even acknowledging what the Warden said, she ran forward, shooting at the wyverns and pushing those who were now on her side away while instructing them to find cover and shoot from there. One young lad, most likely a recruit had his leg stuck underneath a fallen pillar. Taking one of her blades, she slashed at they wyvern's face while a few other soldiers worked to pull the boy from the pillar.

"You will not have him!" she yelled, stabbing it between the eyes. Looking behind her, more soldiers had stopped fighting to save the recruit. "Oh, I'm supposed to be fighting while you lot save his arse?" She had leaped into the air after putting away her crossbow and unsheathing her other blade. A few wyverns had started to chase her, hopefully long enough for the boy to be taken to safety. Saving others wasn't her strong suit, but whatever prize she could get after this better be worth it. One or two were taken down as she flew around the courtyard. She could only afford one moment to glance down, seeing that the soldiers were close to freeing him. Turning around, she sunk her blades into one of the beast's chest and dragged them down while avoiding getting blood splattered on her. No point in taking a second bath.

The wyvern dropped to the ground just as the recruit was finally pulled out and taken away. Swooping down, Ara traded her swords for the crossbow once more and began to shoot at the wyverns, being careful not to hit any one of the Bretons. Hitting wyverns good, hitting Bretons bad... she kept repeating in her head.

"Help me, wench!" someone shouted, to which Ara groaned and ran in the voice's direction, only to have to shoot down yet another wyvern. The soldier seemed to have been slashed at on one of his legs.

"You need my sword arm?"

The older man nodded, hobbling to support his weight on her.

"I didn't mean that, but all right..." The two never exchanged words, just shoot wyverns down and then go on to the next one. "Warden better appreciate this," she said under her breath.

Set by Kicks

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Keeping an eye on the half-dragon as she fought, her Warden took careful aim, downing the approaching wyverns with well-aimed shots. Though they were capable of attacking from the sky, they were also falling swiftly as more Bretons joined the fight, rallying to the sound of the bell.

Joseph knew that the dragons considered these beasts expendable, so they didn't care how many of them they lost in the attack, so long as they could soften up the Breton soldiers in preparation for what he assumed to be an incoming army. Either that, or to pin their forces down while the armies circumvented this fort on their raids of settlements.

Regardless, as dumb as wyverns were, even they realized that they were dying quickly, and soon what was left of them turned and flew off into the distance, only a couple more falling to crossbow fire before they were out of range. Joseph took note of which direction they had fled, before glancing over to Ara.

"Good job," he said, giving praise where it was due. He was not an unjust warden, after all... just a strict one. "You've earned yourself a prize. Follow me."

Releasing the grip on his crossbow, it faded into nothingness as he glanced back to make sure Ara was following him. He led her to an isolated room in the castle, holding the door open for her before shutting and locking it. "Are you ready for your special reward, Ara?"

Holey Paladin's armor by Haya

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Once the remaining wyverns had fled, the older soldier was helped along by a few of his brothers-in-arms to the barracks where he could get proper medical attention. "Bless you, my lady," he called as he was carried away. Even the boy waved to her in gratitude. She sighed, sheathing her weapons and approaching the warden. The wyverns were always expendable, so it wasn't unusual for them to be sent this way. It meant that the larger armies were either raiding or invading one of the enemy camps.

"I tried," she said. "And no dead Bretons from me!" Following him to an isolated room of the castle, she dropped her weapons before she heard the door lock. Oh, so her special reward was something she might enjoy. "When am I not ready?" she purred, beginning to free herself from her armor while walking up to him.

Set by Kicks

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

"My my my," said the knight, watching how eagerly the half-dragon approached him, already shedding her armor in anticipation, "Nothing like a good battle to get you all excited, hmm?"

He began to give this woman her reward. After all, it served as a means of keeping her savage brutality under control... an incentive for her to do the right thing. "My name is Joseph," he said at some point, as part of her reward was knowing her name... but of course, her reward was primarily of a more physical, primal nature.

Once he had finished rewarding her for her good work in the battle, he got dressed and smirked a bit. "Keep up the good work," he told her, "And you'll be rewarded more in the future. The more good you do... the better your reward... so I look forward to seeing how well you... perform," he said, letting the final word and its multiple meanings linger.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

She smirked as she stood in front of him. "Battles tend to do that to me."

And before she knew it, he had sated her primal needs not once but twice. She had used his name a few times throughout the duration but it seemed as though she wasn't fully allowed to use it yet. To her, he was still "Warden."

Now that she was dressed, she let her eyes travel his body once or twice as he finished clothing himself and she sighed to herself. "From what I've seen, I'm sure of it." Maybe she was crazy, but perhaps someday there might be something between them beyond whatever they wanted to call their odd relationship. Perhaps liaison was a better term. She had finished reapplying her armor as she glanced at him, waiting for his response. Already, she saw him in a slightly different light. He wasn't as hard as she thought he would be and, daresay, more affectionate than what she anticipated. Surely something she hardly ever experienced.

"So what now, Warden?"

Set by Kicks

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

It was clear that the the knight was correct in figuring out a suitable reward and punishment system for the half-dragon prisoner. Not only was it successful, but it was an absolutely stunning success, even though she seemed to know what he was doing and why, her primal urges seemed to be too strong for her to resist... she didn't even seem to care that she was being manipulated into doing Joseph's bidding.

Which was just fine for him. Once he had dressed himself back up, he glanced back to the half-dragon. "If they're sending wyverns to attack us," he said, "Then they have at least one dragon among them. We don't want to fight a dragon head on when they're supported by an entire army of soldiers... so we may need to re-think our little assassination plan."

"Tell me, Ara..." he said, "How well acquainted are you with the local Chromatics? Specifically... who are the dragons who live in this area, and where are their lairs? The wyverns went... that way," he said as he pointed off in the general direction they had fled. "Know any dragon lairs over there?"

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

She nodded as he mentioned that the wyverns went in a certain direction. Yes, they would have to have a dragon with them to control them. They couldn't do much on their own. She pondered for a moment before speaking again. "There's one in the direction they went," she said. "I believe that lair belongs to Kirkthin. Nasty bitch."

There were other lairs that she knew of, but she was never fond of the dragoness that the wyverns may have flown to. Ara wouldn't mourn her loss. "I know a handful of Chromatics. Most of them aren't the most pleasant to deal with. Like Kirkthin. She's a red dragon, I think." It had been a while since she last saw her. One of those that claimed to have fought alongside her father. "The other lairs are mostly north to northeast of here. There's two in the south and maybe four to the east. I don't know all of them, but Adrustel has one in the north, Kumal is also to the north, and Dukan is east. Everyone else I'll have to find out about."

Well, they could out four now while she researched who else had lairs. There was no way they could kill them all.

Set by Kicks

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Nodding, the knight glanced at the half-dragon. "If your suspicions are right," he said, "We'll likely find some wyverns guarding Kirkthin's lair. She herself is likely to be absent, perhaps commanding troops in your former army, but once we start butchering her guards... she'll be alerted, and return to protect her treasure."

He chuckled as he made his way back down into the courtyard, to the gates of the castle. "After all... if there's one thing a dragon values more than everything else, it's their treasure! She'll want to protect it at the expense of all other loyalties. So... you up for killing some more wyverns, and a dragon who you don't get along so well with?"

Dragon hunts were far from anything that would be considered easy... only the strongest of adventurers could typically take on a dragon, and only when they worked together as a group. Red dragons were slightly weak to ice attacks, but white dragons were weak to fire attacks as well... and Joseph expected that Ara had inherited some degree of this vulnerability along with her frost powers.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Though she wasn't entirely eager to go against Kirkthin, Ara shrugged. "I wouldn't mind getting my hands on some of whatever she's guarding." She was sure her father gave up treasure for some other conquests regarding anything in a skirt. What made him decide to sleep with her mother was probably letting intoxication come into play. Trolls were not by any means attractive. Anyone who thought otherwise might have had something wrong with them.

And she thought she had enough of her share of wyverns for one day. "All right, let's go." Hopefully, he would have her back when Kirkthin would opt for her fire abilities as Ara was not entirely immune to it. Dragons weren't the most fun to fight unless she was sliting their throat in the sleep. Maybe she could get something like a magically augmented armor or amulet for protection as a reward. But only if. But the reward from earlier was good enough.

"It's up this way," she said, gesturing towards a mountainous region as they exited the gates.

Set by Kicks

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

"My guess is the volcanic peak of that tall mountain over there..." he nodded, gazing up at the tallest of the peaks in the mountainous region where the wyverns had fled, "Right?" He glanced over to the half-dragon for confirmation. "Most lairs have multiple entrances... one accessable only by air, and another, more dangerous entrance, intended to lure and trap potential intruders. And it will indeed be trapped..."

He considered how best to break in to the dragon lair. "How familiar are you with spotting and disarming traps?" he glanced to Ara. Her soldier training wouldn't have taught her much in that regard, but she was not always a soldier, and he was unfamiliar of her life before joining the evil king's army. "At least one of the traps will be an alarm, which will send word to Kirkthin that her lair has intruders. This one we will most certainly want to trip, as it is what will draw her to us. But some of the others... might be a great deal more dangerous."

Plus, it went without saying that if the wyverns were hers, many of them would be in her lair, guarding it from intruders in her absence. There was no saying what other sorts of guardians she might have... dragons tended to be powerful sorceresses, so she might have undead minions, or golem constructs as well. Perhaps summoned devils... the possibilities were endless. But there would be plenty of killing to make Ara wet and ready for her reward... this much was obvious.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast