Page 1 of 18 123 ... LastLast

Thread: War of the Dragons (w/ Honeypaladin; M, just in case)

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    fantasy, sci fi, modern fantasy, modern, fandom
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Fantasy War of the Dragons (w/ Honeypaladin; M, just in case)

As the day had lingered on, Ara simply sat in her cell in increasing agitation. She had begun to pace around the cell, her tail swishing and twitching. Her azure hair was pulled back into a messy ponytail that was vying to free itself from its current position. The kingdom of Frankonia would hear of this. Well, they would think of her as good as dead anyway. Bretony looked better being a smouldering heap and burning down the last village hardly phased her. In fact, she swelled with pride thinking of the flames trickling up the sides of the thatch-roofed houses and her army rushing through the streets to cut down anyone in their way. Dark gray eyes peered up at what little light peeked through the cracks. She was probably going to be executed, but that... that was letting her off easy, she thought. If they wanted to actually punish her, they could at least exile her or throw her with the slaves and let them lynch her. A few other soldiers under her command had been captured as well, and they were already shaking their cell doors and crying out to whatever gods would hear them. There was no need for her.

It wasn't like they were doing it out of spite. Maybe the king was, but she was merely following orders. It was a shame her linage didn't grant her some sort of ability to break through stone or at least burn her way out. Her father had passed down the trait of ice and the immunity with it. She couldn't just freeze her way through, but the best she could do to escape was make a few guards a block of ice and keep them there. It was better to just impatiently await what fate was in store for her. Finally, she sat in furthest away from the cell door with her back to it, her peach colored wings shielding her.

A few jeers from the prisoners had no effect on her turning around or glancing up. She heard all the names and curses that came her way; it wasn't the first time the Bretonians blamed her for everything. If only they would shut up...

Set by Kicks

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Sitting in the jailor's office, a knight began to read through the documents of the prisoners. Most of them were common rabble... low-born peasants who had been drafted against their will into Frankonia's army. So many of them were lowlife scum, corrupted perhaps by the nature of the army they had been forced to join, but so far gone that he didn't think they'd be able to recover.

One particular prisoner, however, was most intriguing. A soldier... mid twenties, female, half dragon. Someone with such lineage should be some kind of knight, or at least man at arms, rather than a foot soldier. Also, it was very rare that any females served in the Frankonian army... most of the women they brought with their armies were "camp followers", another term for prostitute really, a way for their low morale to avoid hitting rock bottom.

She had taken down numerous Breton soldiers before being captured... no doubt due in part to her dragon lineage. He could only assume she had proven herself worthy of joining their sexist army due to her superiority in combat over most of the men. Regardless, if there was one interesting prisoner among this lot, it was this Ara.

Making his way down into the cells, he nodded to the jailor to open the door for him. Many of the jeers died down as well, as the prisoners seemed afraid of provoking this particular knight as he deliberately made his way to the half-dragon's prison cell.

"You claim to be the daughter of a troll," he said as he looked over her appearance. Ragged, unclean from the lack of hygiene in these Breton cells, yes... but she definitely was not anything he would call ugly. Even her dragon features seemed to suit her. "But you don't look like any troll I've ever seen." He paused. "What is your name, half-dragon? What can you tell me of your Draconic lineage?"

Holey Paladin's armor by Haya

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Hearing someone approach, she peeked over her wing and let out a low hiss. The jeers had begun to die down when her cell door opened. Finally being able to see whoever was coming she gave him an indifferent expression. Ah, so they sent a knight to come fetch her? He was better off bothering one of the other prisoners. Even the ones who were with her stopped their pleading to their deities when he arrived. It was no secret that the Frankonian army was incredibly sexist but she was able to prove her worth thanks to her heritage and unmatched abilities. She even gained the favor of a few chromatic dragons, though she hardly spent time with them outside the battlefield and... other activities.

Rising to her feet, she stood at attention as he addressed her, commenting on her appearance. "It helps when your father is considered irresistible, even for an ugly thing like a troll," she refuted, wings folding onto her back. "But if Mother were alive, I'd point you to her residence." Not that it would have mattered. "You speak to Captain Ara Raz'ti-nak of King Ashendrethel's army. My father was Kalern, a white dragon, and therefore I inherited his capabilities with ice." She tilted her head, smirking at him. "Why? What does it matter? You're going to behead me anyway." At least she would die in her king's name. And judging from how the knight was looking at her, he, too, viewed her as attractive. Him and most of the males she came across who weren't trolls. She neither cared about her appearance nor saw herself that way. It was something that could not be undone from childhood.

"Yeah, just kill the bitch already!" someone yelled.

Rolling her eyes, Ara straightened herself and exhaled through her nose. "What does a Breton want from me?"

Set by Kicks

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

It mattered little what this woman looked like when she held such vile tendencies... the knight was almost tempted to execute her just for spite, but that would somewhat diminish from his purpose. He had his orders, and though he might not like them, and certainly didn't like this creature in front of him, he still had a duty to see them through to completion.

"Are you in such a hurry to die?" he asked, crossing his arms and looking at her with amusement. "A swift beheading can be arranged, you know. You probably deserve it, don't you? I don't believe that merely following orders is an excuse to commit atrocities..." he said, "And besides..." he said, "You've probably done more than enough evil of your own will to warrant a beheading."

He considered what she spoke. "I've heard of Kalern... vicious beast, as brutish as he is stupid. His time will come soon... he lacks the intelligence of most dragons, but has all of the same arrogance and overconfidence. You seem proud to call yourself a captain in your king's army, even though he sacrificed your entire unit like a pawn on a chess board for little gain... if I recall, half of the wounded Frankonians were hit by friendly fire from your own archers. I needn't say who ordered them to fire."

"Regardless," he said, "I'm not a Breton. And I'm here to assess whether you are worthy of a fate other than death. How important is your life to you, Frosty? Would you rather die for an evil king who abandoned you, or attempt to accomplish some good for a change before you die?"

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

"I like to think execution is too easy of a punishment to give out," she said, her tone becoming sweet. "You need to come up with something worse than that." Crossing her arms as well, her smirk remained. "I'm in no hurry. But if you have something else in mind-" Done more than enough? That was an understatement. From what she heard, they were ready to raid her childhood village next. Shame that she wouldn't be there to raid it for the hell they put her through.

She shook her head. "Last I heard, he was dead. He and his human mate had been hunted down by the woman's family or something." She assumed that she had at least one half-sibling, but she hadn't seen any other half-dragon. She refused to dignify his insult with a response. Saying something that shouldn't have happened under her command was bad enough. If their places were switched she'd down him on sight. It was true that Ashendrethel just threw away soldiers in order to gain desired results, but to be fair, she did the same thing. It was harder when she knew her battalion personally but it was for the kingdom and she could not show weakness.

She cocked an eyebrow. "I would say that it's very valuable." Doing some good? That was a joke. But one to entertain, nonetheless. "Well, if you think playing nice would help then fine." Too bad, she wanted to see what was the worst they could have done to her. Maybe she would find a way to escape. If she needed to use what she had used before for some males, then she would have to. She was accustomed to it by now, and if needed, she had no problem in doing it again. "What's in it for me?" There was no point of doing charity work if nothing was coming her way as a reward.

Set by Kicks

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

The knight frowned. Perhaps he was wasting his time with this wench... she didn't seem the least bit remorseful over what she and her soldiers had done. Were Bretony not in such a desperate situation at this point in the war, he'd have simply ordered her execution on the spot. This woman was not a good person... this much was quite clear.

"Ah yes..." he said, "I think I heard something to that degree." He shrugged. "Good riddance... the world is better off without him. The world would also probably would have been better off without, you, too," his eyes held little pity for a woman who felt no remorse, "But unfortunately, we cannot undo what has been done. We can only hope to fight fire with fire... or ice with ice, in this case."

He shrugged, and produced a collar. "What's in it for you is that you get to live a bit longer," he said. "If that's not enough... you get to hurt some bad guys. You like hurting people, don't you? I doubt it matters to you who you hurt... you made the decision to be a monster, whether or not it was influenced by your blood."

"One of my brethren is associated with a dragon who was once a cruel, red-scaled tyrant but has been reborn with golden scales... the greatest breed of dragon save for Bahamut himself. If he has hope for redemption... then perhaps an insignificant wench such as yourself might have hope as well." He handed her the collar. "Put that around your neck willingly. It's your leash. Since you act like a wild animal, I'll leash you in order to train you."

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Well, it wasn't like she knew her own father, anyway. Ara was told that he left her mother in favor of another. Oh well. No loss there. He didn't pity her, and she didn't want pity from him. If the world was better off without her, then what was the point of her surviving for so long? Ah, well. "And what do you mean by fighting ice with ice?" She never understood that phrase, even with being explained several times.

Living was a good thing, she supposed. But hurting more people? All the better. If her aggression was to be directed to those she had fought with, then so be it. She didn't give one wit about who she cut down. Being handed a collar, she scoffed. "Really? You need to leash me, now?" Shrugging, she placed the collar about her neck, figuring it was easier to just go with it and not resist. "Now what? Do you wish to take your frustrations out on me?" Maybe he needed a little rutt to calm himself. He seemed to be a little too pissed for her liking. She didn't think of herself as a monster, let alone a wild animal.

"Trust me, sweets, I'm a wild animal in one area. Give you three guesses..." Already, she could tell that she was going to have a little fun with him, pushing his buttons was better than doing something she wasn't fond of and being dragged along kicking and screaming.

Set by Kicks

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

"Metaphors aren't your strong point, I see," he said, noting how she didn't understand the ice metaphor. Well, she was the scion of two rather dumb races, so it made sense that she wouldn't be the brightest lamp on the street. He didn't have to say much more, as she willingly put the collar around her neck... she would soon see for herself how she would be leashed.

Once it was secured around her neck, the collar tightened, constricting uncomfortably around her throat. "The collar should be feeling a bit tight right now, shouldn't it?" he said, as he kept tightening further. "That's because it's a cursed prisoner's collar... it will continue to choke you until you acknowledge me as your Warden. There's a bit more to it than that, though..."

He smirked at her innuendo. "I needn't guess at things that are clear as day. Anyway, there's also a razor sharp garrote wire in that collar you put on. Should you tamper with it too much or attempt to remove it... it'll slice your head clean off. Should anyone else attempt to remove it, it'll do the same. The only person who will ever be able to take it off of you is the one you acknowledge as your Warden..." he said, watching it constrict to the point of choking, nearly making it impossible for her to speak.

"Since I'm the only one here besides these prisoners who already want to see your head removed," he said, "You'd best act swiftly... while you can still breathe." He didn't actually enjoy employing such methods, but he also knew that, at times, they were the best way to control a monster, and attempt to tame her into something resembling a decent person, if that were even possible.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Seeing how he figured to be not so bright... it wasn't like he was totally wrong. Ara even prided herself to further her knowledge though she had her moments thanks to her father. Maybe she should have refused to put the collar on now that it was constricting her. She would have attempted to tear it off if there wasn't a risk of her sudden beheadment. Sighing to herself, she looked at him with pleading eyes. "You're my Warden. There, now please could you loosen this?"

Already, she felt that it was becoming increasingly more difficult to breathe. And she thought being nearly choked to death by a male was the worst thing. She couldn't take this thing off, and some "encouraging" prisoners weren't helping either. When was this blasted thing going to come off?

Set by Kicks

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

The collar suddenly loosened up to a more comfortable fit... enough to give the half-dragon room to breathe, but it was still quite clearly there. "Now I can control how comfortable or how constricting it can be," he said. There wasn't much need to demonstrate this point, as it had already been proven when she put the collar on in the first place. "And so, you will follow my rules. Or you will find yourself uncomfortably choked, or dead."

Now that he could at will have the collar take her head off, he went ahead and unlocked her prison cell. "Rule number one. You will not hurt or kill anyone without my permission, except to defend yourself or me from imminent danger. Because if I die... well, the collar will immediately take your head off as well. So it's also in your best interest to keep me alive."

"Rule number two," he said, gesturing for her to follow him as he began walking out of the stinky prison cells, "You are not to leave my sight without my express permission. While I might get tired of having to look at you all the time, it's the best way to keep tabs on you and make sure you behave."

In order to properly train a wild animal, or a person who acted like one, it was also necessary to set in place a system of rewards and punishments. The woman had already implied that she had an extremely high sex drive... so that could also be manipulated into the carrot and stick approach. "Rule number three," he said with this in mind, "You're not to put anything in your little pussy without my permission. If you behave, I might let you use your finger. If you're a very good girl, I might even let you use something bigger."

She would not be the one using sex to manipulate him... quite the opposite, in fact. "I might add more rules as needed," he said, "Any questions?"

Page 1 of 18 123 ... LastLast