Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alternative designs

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Default Alternative designs

As I said a bit ago in THIS blog, I was thinking of doing a design thing where we build on each others designs.

The basis of this is to have fun, and come up with new ideas for characters, objects, places, what have you. This isn't "Your design is shit, I'm gonna make it better", it's "Hm, I think this design could be more interesting if it had this and that". It's more getting an outside view on your creations, perhaps even helping point out your strengths and weaknesses when it comes to certain artistic forms.

So, here's how it goes. To begin with, everyone designs something - whether that be an object, a character, or whatever - ether through drawing, writing, or whatever else you can come up with, and post it here. After that, pick someone else's design you like or think you can do something with, and build upon it and change it to something you'd prefer, and then repeat until you can't find any designs you can work with for one reason or another. At that point, you can create a new design from scratch. If you want, you can create a design from scratch whenever you want, and add it into the pool.

So, for example, say someone draws a man in a suit, and you decide to work on that. You'd like it if the suit was fancier, so you give it trimming, frills, whatever. You then pass that onto someone else, who thinks that this man in a fancy suit would be better if he was a skeleton. The person who originally drew the man in the suit sees that he can do something with the skeleton in a fancy suit, and that person who made the skeleton man in a suit finds he can do something with one of the designs the guy who drew the man in the suit altered. And from there, it keeps going on and on.

I'm thinking of doing a 'family tree' kind of thing, with the unaltered versions of the designs we've come up with at the start, which then extend out into the multiple variations of it, and the variations of the variations. It let's you see the evolution of a certain design, how it changes and all the variants and differences it can have, while also seeing what it all originated from. As you can imagine, this OP is going to get very hider heavy near the end, unless someone can find a better way of doing things.

Spoiler: Kaptain's junk 

Spoiler: Arcus's stuff 

Spoiler: Mystic's files 
    Last edited by Kaptain Panty; 09-22-2016 at 07:07 PM.

RPA's Foul Mouthed Pixie
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Omgeeeeee yes pleeeeease

​Beautiful Nightmare

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I'll make a thing in due time, preferably when my muscles don't ache and have enough energy to perform more then basic functions.

RPAs Frilly Ninja
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Sounds like fun!

Both Avatar and Signature was drawn by Issy

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Spoiler: Thing I've been working on for a bit. Technically two designs, with some experimentation already done but, interested in seeing different interpretations while I myself are experimenting with them 

And now, I wait for another...

RPAs Frilly Ninja
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Give me a few minutes and I can post my latest draft (still a fairly early in the process,) of something I'm working on. Kinda want to see what people do with it as well

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Spend as much time as you want. If you wanna finish it up, go ahead, no one's rushing you. I've just used a previous design as I've been feeling under the weather recently.

RPAs Frilly Ninja
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

^^ no worries, I want to see what people come up with for it!

Spoiler: Giant bird 

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I sure can work with that alright.

RPAs Frilly Ninja
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

^^ awesome, i'll see what I can do with your characters

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast