Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [M]Silent Shooter [Brighty x Bluey]

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Too many to list....
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

[Don't press your luck and don't test my patience.] She warned him, taking the jewels from him and urging him to lead the way. She noticed that there was only one key, and Constantine made a face, before ignoring it. Thankfully, the room had two beds and two dressers. Thankfully. Good.

Plopping down on the bed, she took her shoes off, pulling something from the soles and stuffing it in her pocket. Then, she slipped her shoes back on, glanced outside the window and gave him another look before flipping out her tablet, fingers flying across the screen. [Let's unpack later. Talk to the mayor first, then we plan and do something about it tonight.] The young heiress said, tucking her tablet but leaving her bag behind. She gave him another look, eyebrow raised as if asking if he was coming before stalking out the door.

The trek towards the city hall was a quiet one, with Constantine easily taking notes of signs, actually reading them, as she walked down the path. The hall itself was nothing too grand; it was just a bit bigger than their own guild, designed fairly simple, considering that it was a city hall. On another note, it also looked like it was patched up rather poorly, given the beams holding the windows together and the extra nails that would be a health hazard to anyone taller than five feet and a few. Heterochromatic eyes studied the structure once more, stepping inside silently and tilting her head towards the mayor.
    Spoiler: Clicky!!! 

Spoiler: Mehehe... 

♡ Set by Me, Myself and I~ ♡

fantasy forever, prolly
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Shibata rolled his eyes, turning on a heel, and beginning to walk towards the single staircase that led up to the higher levels of the inn. "I wouldn't dare think to, Hime." The Bullet Mage said, shrugging. After that, he was quiet, the only sounds during the walk up to the room being the creaking of wood beneath their feet. The room was fairly plain, two beds and two dressers, but it was definitely better than sleeping outside. Kind of shame that there multiple beds though, probably would of been amusing to see how the girl reacted if there was just one.

He glanced out of the window, before turning to look back at the girl, the now-familiar sound of fingers tapping across a screen reaching his ears, she was going to say something; well, type something. As he read the text, he raised a brow. "Ah, hime, night really isn't the best of time." Namely because he was shooter, and he couldn't really shoot shit that he could barely see, on top of them being unfamiliar with the area and scouting being iffy in the dark.

"Would be best to wait until morning to start." He said, before he followed after the mute-girl. Again the walk was silent, she had left her tablet back in the room, and he wasn't too keen on carrying on a one-sided conversation, so he looked around the city. Was rather small and rundown, which was what he expected from a trading outpost that was in the middle-of-nowhere and was consistently heckled by bandits. Shit, even the mayor held true to the exception: he was an old haggard looking man, who looked like standing up was a monumental task for him. Shibata felt a stab of pity towards the man.

He stopped at the steps of the city hall, hand coming up to wave at the man. "Ah, yo, we're the mages from Fairy Tail that you sent for."
    sing about me, i'm dying of thirst

Too many to list....
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

"The old man didn't seem to hear them the first time,and since it wasn't really in Constantine's to-do list to wait upon a deaf man, she approached him with loud steps. He didn't notice her until she had appeared beside him, nearly giving the old man a shock when she appeared by his side. "By golly's sake ya sheila's always gone 'round scarin' old men!!" He said, leaning heavily on the nearest object, which probably would've been Constantine if she didn't step aside. The man had to settle for the nearest wall. The brunette didn't seem the least bit sympathetic.

"Well..." The mayor seemed to have noticed Shibata as well for the first time. "You kids should'a known town ain't safe these past few weeks." He muttered, looking for a place to rest his lower back until the young heiress pulled out a stool from the farthest corner of the hall and offered the mayor to sit. "Ahh, thanks sheila... but I'm sorry for yer lost. Those nitpicking whippersnappers have been terrorizing town for a'hile now. You and yer cousin' best find another place to go on a vacation. Town ain't safe 'til them late mages finish the job. Woulda' done it sooner but these old bones ain't as good as they used to be." He grunted dejectedly, patting his knees.

The poor guy looked genuinely distraught by this, making him seem older. Constantine, on the other hand, looked like the idea of being related appalled her. That or the idea that people were loosing their source of income via tourism was horrifying. Glancing up at Shibata, she shrugged in his direction, mutely telling him to start talking.

fantasy forever, prolly
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Shibata grinned at the girl, a look in his eye that said "I got you". Couldn't say what she was going to get was wholly pleasant, but he had seen that appalled look, the bait was too good not to take. He stepped to the side, placing him right beside of the princess, and wrapped an arm around her shoulder. Before she could do whatever she could do, probably react violently, he turned to face her, grinning at her once again, before turning his attention back to the old man. He waved his hand before him dismissively.

"Ah, nah, old man, got something wrong. Me and Hime-chan aren't family, we're lovers~" He said, his tone sing-song as he removed his arms from around her shoulders, and swiftly stepped to the side, to put distance between himself and her. Even if he was interested in teasing her, he wasn't quite interested in being in arm's reach so that she could make a try at murdering him.

Too many to list....
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Lovers. There was no blush or shy look on her face, but instead, her heterochromatic eyes glowed with malicious intent, practically sending Shibata a look that wold explicitly describe how she would flay him alive, torture his mind and break all his bones to dust. There was nothing cute about her stance, given the way she was glowering as if the devil was practically radiating his rage from inside her small form. Even the mayor noticed and he was probably half blind. When those burning eyes fixed on him, he decided not to comment on their relationship anymore, instead, he stepped back, watching the anger dissipate back under her skin to a slight anger burning.

"W-who are y-ya ras-rascals?" He squeaked, nearly tumbling down when Constantine approached, unbottoning the top of her collar and pulling it down, enough to reveal the white mark under her left collarbone. Dumbfounded, the mayor blinked. "Then why din'ja say so?" He asked, now turning to Shibata as Constantine huffed silently and buttoned herself up once more. "The ol' theives live in a shac' up north, hin' some forest with buncha shifter wolves." The man said, rambling now that Constantine's eyes were burning on him, like she wanted to squeeze every bit of information out.

"Ah-- well... y'all know they stay in thi' abandn'd wer'house. Heard thyeir leader is som' smooth talkin' pretty boy with gold eyes." Constantine stiffened subtly, but nodded for him to continue. "He'ck, just get rid o' 'em. Town's dyin' at thi' rate." He slurred out, looking like he wanted to say more, but the brunette was already out, head held high in a regal manner as she walked. Once the girl left the room, the mayor let out a sigh. "All yer lady friends that 'ntense?" He asked Shibata, not really waiting for an answer.

fantasy forever, prolly
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Mmm, that was a bit more than what he was actually expecting from the girl. Sure, he stepped away from her as a precaution, but he didn't actually think that it would be needed. He thought that all that she would do is blush adorably and lightly glare at him, maybe mouth a "b-baka"; not her looking ready to spring at him and rip out his throat with her teeth. The Bullet Mage chuckled sheepishly, hands raising and before he could utter an apology, the mayor cut in thankfully, drawing the small girl's fiery gaze onto him.

Apparently the old man didn't realize that they were Fairy Tail mages before Constantine showed him her mark, an action which Shibata went against following, cause he didn't want to risk drawing the girl's ire further. The old man rattled off about the mission and apparently Constantine knew something that he didn't, if the way she stiffened ever-so-slightly when the man told about the leader was anything to go off of. He raised a brow, he'd need to ask her about that later, when she was able to talk and he needed to start walking now, cause the girl had already stormed out, her head held high, providing the reasoning for why he called her princess. He took a step after her, then stopped as the old man spoke again, this time to him.

He turned to face the mayor, regarded him for a moment, before he shrugged and grinned. "For the most part, yeah." After all he seemed to only be friends with the violent. "Thanks old man, we'll take care of the thieves." He turned away and jogged out after Constantine.

Too many to list....
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Outside, Constantine was impatiently tapping her foot against the pavement, heterochromatic eyes scanning the crowd quietly. She still seemed irritated, though not as murderous as she had been while inside, though obviously, that could change with a tip of a hat. The brunette merely waited for Shibata to step into her line of vision before stalking off, obviously wanting to get to work as soon as possible.

It was getting dark, and she wanted to at least maintain the element of surprise on their side. She glanced back at her companion, eyes dark before tilting her chin up and crossing her arms. The question was obvious. What do you want to do first? It was a small courtesy given that Constantine just wanted to reach out and pummel him to the ground with her fists, if her eyes were any indication of that. She tilted her head again. They could return to the inn and wait for morning or they could go out right now and finish the job overnight. She was good with either.

fantasy forever, prolly
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Shibata stopped a meter away from the girl, who had surprisingly waited for him, then started moving again, his pace a casual walk this time, as she stalked away once again. She no longer seemed murderous, more irritated, which was good; he'd rather not have to worry about her "accidentally" causing him to lose a limb or some fuck-him-in-the-ass shit like that whenever they dealt with the bandits. His hands found their way into his pockets, and his eyes caught hers when she looked back, two things clear in them: she wanted to know what he wanted to do, and she still seemed to want to beat him into the dirt for the earlier stunt.

His smile dimmed. "Like I said earlier, night is a horrible time for us to move, Sofia." He decided to forgo the use of hime this time around, no need to do anything to piss her off further. "We're dealing with unfamiliar territory and scouting is pretty hard to do in the darkness, and I can't shoot for shit when it's dark. Best wait till morning." He shrugged. "And, ah, sorry, for, the, y'know, lovers thing early. Was maybe a bit out there." He said sheepishly, cheeks darkening to a light red.

Too many to list....
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

At the apology, her glare softened and she gave a shrug, wordlessly telling him that it was fine. The follow-up glare yelled that he better not do it again though. With that settled, she led them back to the inn, nodding politely at the patrons who stared before opening the door to their room. First, she wondered whether or not they had locked the door, but then, grimaced when she saw the inside of the room a mess. Someone had obviously been rummaging through their things, if the open window was any indication.

Her clothes were tossed half-hazardly around, and Constantine was willing to bet that her tablet was missing. She still had her money on her, which was a small relief, but without her most trusted item for communication, this would be a little hard. She sighed and knelt beside the open bag, scowling when she realized that her undergarments were missing as well. Perverted bastards. She thought with a snarl. Fixing her things back in her bag, she gave Shibata a look and gestured at his things, wondering if he lost some items as well. And she would definitely have a talk with the innkeeper later on. Or more specifically, Shibata would and she would supervise.

The bandits were petty thieves, obviously, but it would be nice to know how they look like. Far easier to target. A job much faster done and scoundrels disposed of faster.

fantasy forever, prolly
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The smile flickered back across Shibata's features as the princess' glare softened and she shrugged, presumably her telling him all was well. He nodded his thanks, and his hands found themselves in his pockets once again. He followed her back to the hotel, a sense of relief at the fact she wouldn't try to maim him settled in. Said sense of relief was replaced by curiosity when the girl opened the door to their room, revealing that their room had been ransacked. A brow raised. Huh, so the thieves had payed them a visit; that was nice of them he supposed, giving them a greeting like that. His smile widened into a grin and a spark kindled to life behind his eyes. He supposed it was only fair to return the favor.

The Bullet Mage prepared to turn his attention to Hime-chan, to tell her that they couldn't afford to wait for the morning and that they needed to move now and it wouldn't be too far off from the truth, his blood was boiling now. Then, from the corner of the room behind of him, where neither of them were, the floor creaked. Shibata turned on a heel, index finger pointing outwards, aimed low. Magic surged down the length of his arm, and a streak of purple fired off his finger and passed through seemingly empty space. There was a wet smack, the sound of a bullet passing through flesh that he was intimately familiar with, and a man flickered into view, a man who was busily falling to the ground as his leg, which now had a giant hole in it, gave out. The man grunted and turned the fall into the roll, coming up into a crouch and was promptly met with Shibata's shoe to the solar plexus.

The air left his lungs in an audible wheeze and the man fell on his back. An instant later Shibata was on him, straddling his torso, arm braced across his throat, and a finger pointing in his shoulder. The man glared at him with near-colorless eyes, and the Fairy Tail mage returned with an even wider grin. He had a good idea of what had happened: thieves had probably sensed their power coming into the town and figured they were mages sent to deal with them. After finding out what room they were staying it, they tore it up for valuables while they went to visit the mayor, and then left fuckwit here to take care of them when they returned. Shame the guy was incompetent, or that might of actually worked.

"So," Shibata began, letting up pressure on the man's throat somewhat to allow him to speak. "You gonna tell me who you're working for and where I might be able to find them? Or should I let hime-chan have a go at ya?"
    Last edited by Last Falconry; 11-02-2016 at 07:14 AM.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast