Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mystics IV: The Final Chapter {M}

Krystalline Moon
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Okay. I will get to work on my profile as soon as I get a chance.

Immortal Goddess
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Yaoi, Romance, Adventure
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I am happy to see everyone working hard on their characters. Reservations will be held until Friday. I want to get this started before November as I will be busy planning trips to NC and Thanksgiving and Christmas will take up a bit of my time, but this RP will FINISH, and by the looks of it I have a group of dedicated players here.

So, as I normally do I will give everyone a deadline report so that you know when things are due by.

Friday October 7 - Monday October 10: Characters are due. Reservations should be fulfilled by this time. If you need an extension let me know. I know Hurricane Matthew is coming and I can understand extension requests.

Forms: Your character will have three forms, they are as follows.

Neophyte Mage- Beginner Level
    Adept Mage - Intermediate Level
    Master Mage - Master Level

Each form has a different appearance, but revolves around a color associated with the element the wielder has. Now this story will last a LONG time. Character development is key.
    =============

Any questions?
    Special thanks to Poison Ivy for the awesome sig and avy set.
    Spoiler: The Return of a Story You May Want to Join!! 
    Follow me on Twitter JP_Yolance *Follow me on TikTok Divine Divia JP
    *Follow me on WattpadJeimseu P

Mature and Fantasy.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I might actually need one of those extensions. Matthew is going to hit twenty miles from where I am living and they have issued evacuations for my area tomorrow at 3pm. I'm not sure if we are leaving yet or not, so I will let you know tomorrow when I do.

Earth Mystic, please.
    Set by Naraness
    Spoiler: Extra Information 

Immortal Goddess
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Understood, thank you for letting me know. I am in Florida so I know they're evacuating some places. Your reservation is accepted.

Mystic of the Grimoire
    Working on sun lab.. need more A/C portals
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

What do you mean by forms?

"Even Dreams, can be a nightmare"
    Spoiler: Click it, I dare ya! 

Mature and Fantasy.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

In the previous incarnations it was the various appearances in which the Mystics took when they achieved a new power-tier; basically you look one way at Novice, another at Adept, and usually your highest at Master.

Let me find a link for you to the old chapters, there are some really good examples in there.

Edit:

This is a link to my character for part II, Mykael. He had three power tiers in that one: Mystic, Ancient, and Super. Super being the highest. It is your ultimate form in which your powers are personified and stronger than any other level. Usually he had you choose four appearances: One for your standard character, one for your Mystic (Novice), one for your Ancient (Adept) and a final for your Super (Master) tiers.
    Last edited by Aureyon; 10-06-2016 at 07:11 PM.
    Set by Naraness
    Spoiler: Extra Information 

At the place where the Sun meets the Land.
    No Specific Preference as of yet.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Name: Jhanzhee Grimshaw (Pronouced J-ah-n-ZH-ee, sometimes shortened to "Jha" or "Jhan")
    Sexuality: Mostly Asexual(due to ignorance of those things) though does lean more towards Heterosexual unknowingly.
    Element: Shadow
    Race: Painted Elf
    Personality: Jhanzhee is a kind and considerate young thing. He is readily willing to help others whenever and however he can. He can be pretty naive as he has been raised away from most of the world, often leading him to be too trusting or very ignorant to most things that we'd find common place. Along with this, Jha can learn fairly quickly and often asks questions. He's very observant of his surroundings as well and is good at letting on that he knows less than he really does.

When around him, any sort of intimidating image that may be painted by his appearance would soon be lost if one were to speak to him. Jha can also be easily distracted by his surroundings depending on where he is. However, do not take these two traits lightly, as he can be serious and focused should the situation call for it. He is often very calm and respectful to all that he comes into contact with as well as in many scenarios.

He's a sort of quiet extrovert as while he may not say how he is feeling at all times, it will often be evident on his facial expression. He has a tendency to view himself as lesser than others, a habit that had been almost inculcated into him since he was very young. This usually promotes a rather humble and selfless spirit.

Spoiler: Neophyte 
    Spoiler: Adept 
    Spoiler: Master - Merged with Aura 
    Equipment: Just usually goes with whatever he finds at the time, but he does wear black metal forearm gauntlet gloves that he wears everywhere for some strange reason.

Abilities: Naturally, Jha's abilities would be most powerful at night when darkness is much more prominent and weaker where there is less shadow energy to draw from. Jha also has night-vision.

Shadowportation
    - The user can teleport via shadows/darkness, merging into shadows/darkness and appearing anywhere within a half mile radius and two stories vertically from whatever position he may be in. This, though would only truly be applicable if he can see the location where he is porting to, otherwise he cannot teleport due to a mental safeguard to keep him from teleporting partially or fully into an object. He also cannot spam his teleportation more than four times in rapid succession before becoming dizzy and unable to teleport due to his eyes being unable to focus.

Shadow Aura - The Aura is a dark and phantom-like energy that Jha's body generates without his realization as an embodiment of his negative emotions. The capabilities of the Aura are largely unknown. Anything that the Aura shapes into that at night can extend to the size of his wingspan which would be about his height at five foot seven across. At this point in time though, it only really acts as a visibly dark presence that is always around Jha's body in some way, usually floating near him in some way as a ball of darkness. The extent of what Jha can do with it purposefully now are extremely limited only to aid him in hiding at night or in shadows.

Is experienced in a few forms of Tai Chi self-defense, breathing, and relaxation techniques.

Backstory: Jhanzhee was born from a young elvish mother who did not really have the things needed to take care of the child and the one who had gotten her that way had left her upon discovering the pregnancy. The young mother's parents didn't exactly have room for the child either, nor were they fond of their daughter's reckless disobedience. For the first few years of his life, the boy was often looked down upon. It was offered by an old friend of the small family whom had been visiting them to look after the child.

Though much discussion, it was decided that it was best for the boy to be raised under the tutelage of Jo Hezekashi in the last hidden monastery of Shaolin Elves. The society of monks were divided on the notion of the upbringing of a child within their walls, but after some heavy convincing, the Grandmaster of the monastery decided to allow this for once Jo was highly respectable enough so as to look after Jhan.

The boy himself was rather rough around the edges and often was given glares for his past ignorant and impulsive actions often due to his mother not really looking after him. However, Jo was patient, as well as somewhat strict. It took a while, and much work but as he grew into his teenage years, he eventually learned the ways of a monk and earned their respect through the progress in which he had made.

Jhanzhee had learned composure, respect for the earth, life, and bodily control through the martial art known to be Tai Chi. He learned to be strong, yet gentle, determined, but not brash. It was soon after that, that Jhan had 'risen through the ranks', so to speak, to where even the Grandmaster had given him a higher place of respect. There were those, of course, that still didn't believe that he was deserving of the position in which he was placed, and it was true that there was one aspect of Jhan's training that had been lacking.

It was of his knowledge of the world around him. Many of the monastery had grown to be as like a family to the young man but the world mostly consisted of men and women who were not of the sort. And so, his skill in the area of social interaction was to be developed through experience, and he with his father figure, were sent to the city where Jhan was to take up the remainder of his learning in schools, as well as to test his interactions with others.

Where this journey will take him, only time will reveal.

Last edited by The Ronin; 10-08-2016 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Minor spelling edits

Immortal Goddess
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

@Aureyon: Oh look at you. Such detail. I like it, it is quite nice. Now I know it is a WIP, but once it is complete the GMs will deliberate and give you an answer.

@Koti~: Aureyon is correct. In Mystics I - III they achieved forms beyond that of their normal selves. Each form granted them power they didn't have in their previous form. In this story it will be color coordinated as well. For example, water will deal mostly with blue hues, Earth with brown hues, Nature with green hues, Storm with dark grey/white, Light with yellow, etc. If you or any of the other players have a different color you'd like to associate, just run it by me.

@The Ronin: As this sheet is a WIP, once complete the GMs will deliberate and give you an answer. I can say right now that the characters are Juniors or Seniors in High School. They do not have to be in the same high school, though it is logical to happen. Everyone is a NOVICE, a beginner. No one is advanced in anything yet.
    Last edited by RisingPhoenix; 10-05-2016 at 12:57 AM.

At the place where the Sun meets the Land.
    No Specific Preference as of yet.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ah I see, my apologies, misunderstood levels...

And I think the character concept that I originally had might have to be rethought if like literally they have to be through more public education.....
    Last edited by The Ronin; 10-05-2016 at 01:22 AM.

Immortal Goddess
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Ronin View Post
    Ah I see, my apologies, misunderstood levels...

And I think the character concept that I originally had might have to be rethought if like literally they have to be through more public education.....

Their education doesn't have to come from an public school. Just know that their age needs to represent Junior or Senior in High School. So if he is in a "Ninja" School then he should be nearing graduating from that school. I never said it wasn't allowed for them to go to such schools.

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast