Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Criminal wars (Pg-13) P.K. X Price (IC)

Your daily overdose of cute
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Sify, Romance, adventure, slice of life on occasion.
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Sherry managed a snort. "So you've picked up some of the finely places pieces and think you know the whole pictuer?" She smiled as she lend on the rail, a knowing smile gracing her features, but it still wasn't the same as the night before. More dull and it didn't appear to reach her eyes. "While its true, there were flaws here and there in the plan, the plan was never to be this way in the first place. But here we are." she said simply lightly spreading her arms. In fact... the plan had been to vanish and never resurface... it was after all a game where no one could die... but then things changed... and so did her plans...

She lend back on the rail boardly. "So what do you want Detective." she said her voice dripping not quite malice but clear distaste... It was unclear if it was aimed at him or his position. "What can this humble Vigilante do?"
    P.K.'s character locker ~ P.K.'s word works ~ P.K.'s Idea store

1x1 = 1/5 Multi = 0/5 PW = 0/2
    Spoiler: Other things. 

January Member of the Month
    Sci-Fi, Dystopian, Superhero Stuff, Fantasy, lots of fandoms
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

“Not quite yet,” the detective retorted. He finished the last of the small juice box and got to his feet. “The pieces are coming together, but I admit I don’t quite have the whole picture...yet. When I do, you will be the first to know, believe me.” Boyd crossed his arms and looked into Sherry’s eyes. He was studying her again, deducing whether this was her true personality or just another facade. Eventually he simply resolved not to care enough and went back to his questions.

“Firstly....you could point me in the direction of a proper trash can,” Boyd started with a grin, holding the juice box in a now outstretched right hand. “Then...you can tell me just what my partner’s file was doing in your little book.” Despite the pain in remembering her, he was determined not to show any raw emotion to Sherry. He didn’t want to crack even the slightest in front of her. Instead, he stayed in his same, annoyingly confident demeanor.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

"Only if you intend to keep track of me, and believe there there are many places I could go that you could not follow." she said with a small yawn before listening to him and flicking her finger in the direction of her make shift kitchen. When he asked about his partner she smiled, a dry and humorless smile. "I told you everything you needed to know last night." she replied. "Surly the oh so genius detective could figure that simple pattern out simply by looking over the notes."

"I'm not like most women you've met, and for that matter I'm not like most Vigilantes you may know." She said. "The reason was clear enough, I of coarse witnessed her demise." She said. "I was there." She walked her fingers along the rail with another smile. "And unlike you I tracked her killer down and killed him, something you yourself should have done, seeing how you two seemed close." She said Her smile was grim even if it still didn't quite reach her eyes. "You think your the only one's who can serve justice? well you sure take your damnedest time doing so, Meanwhile others suffer from your lack or from your own stupidity...So there are people like me who take the quicker rout." she said simply.

His partner had been murdered by another inmate she knew. and of coarse the same was said for the man killing the children now. She knew them both.. in fact she'd already killed two other inmates from her encounters in the real world. It was only a matter of time until another familiar face surfaced and started falling back into old habits... she'd catch them... like she'd promised them. if she hadn't killed them already... she'd do it soon.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

As Boyd listened to Sherry go on, his demeanor began to change entirely. It was subtle at first, the minor twitch of his head, the vessels in his neck slowly bulging into visibility, but it began to become more noticeable and extreme soon enough. His entire body trembled, quaking in sheer anger. His jaw locked and his brow narrowed, his fists clenched before ultimately unholstering his pistol and firing a warning shot that whizzed just above Sherry’s head. The motion was so fast and fluid that it was almost a blur to the naked eye. He was more than just a detective, that much was clear.

Boyd recalled his time spent in the real world before being subjected to this game. His father, to the hatred of his son, had been one of the lead designers of the game. For personal and tragic reasons that Boyd dared not remember, his own father created this idea and incorporated real murder inmates into the game as a concession to see his achievement realized. After all, it was all for his son. It was all for Boyd. Even now, the detective could hear his father’s excuses on the day that he found out that awful truth for himself.

Boyd had stumbled onto his father’s research by accident, total accident. He had went into his father’s office in search of the man, but instead found a file that had fallen to the floor with paperwork scattered every which way. The curious boy looked over the work with shock, tearful disbelief. It was at that moment that his father rushed in to find his son. Boyd remembered his father’s words perfectly. "Boyd please...I did this for you....all of it, it’s for you...” Boyd writhed in rage, tears streamed down his cheeks. “You think I wanted this?! I didn’t ask for this! I never wanted this!!!” At that moment, Boyd collapsed to the floor under duress, his deeply rooted illness taking over. Everything went black...and in the next moment, he was in the game. This woman on the balcony, this Sherry, only now did it click into place....her face....from the file.......she was one of them.

“You did what?! How dare you!? I’ve dedicated my life to finding Grace’s killer and putting a bullet in that sunovabitch’s head myself! But only after subjecting him to every form of torture imaginable! Are you telling me that you have taken that right, my right away from me!?! And for what?! Are you a glutton? Do you think that by racking up a ‘noble kill count’ in this game that you can undo who you are out there?! What you are out there!? What you did out there?! What you were jailed for!?! You are a murderer, Sherry, a murderer! That is why you are here in this game right now and nothing you do will ever erase that!!!!!"

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Sherry barely reacted to the gunshot whizzing past her head. Her eyes resting on Boyd unaffected, devoid of emotions as she watched him tremble. She didn't seem to care but at the same time she didn't seem to enjoy it. She simply didn't feel anything about it. She watched him tremble in his agony all with out moving. She was as still as a statue. Only when he began to speak she cocked her head to the side still gazing at him.

"And for what? so you could become the very thing you so claim to hunt." She snorted. "Authorities make me sick... you preach about locking away the bad and corrupt and protecting the innocent... But you are just as corrupt in the end..." She listened to him further silently taking his words in as bowed her head for a moment to cover her face. She could feel her breath coming in more raggedly. When he finished she trembled... laughing softly... but it didn't sound... it sounded flat and forced. "You.don't.know.anything." She said not looking up. "I'm not trying to undo anything... I know what I am, I know what I've done." she breathed.

"Since you know that story I'll tell you another one." she said quietly. "There was once a little boy, he lived in a small room in a small house with his father, every day he spent in his room gazing out the window wondering what the outside world was like, but everyday the door was locked. Everyday his father would open the door after coming home from work and give him a piece of bread and lock the door. As time went on that father grew worse. someday he'd forget that piece of bread and on the days the boy begged he'd become angry and beat the poor boy. No one ever heard his cries for mercy or for help." She slowly looked up. "One day it got so bad the man beat him till everything went black." she paused staring down Boyd with a look that could not mask the amount of hated in her gazed. "Tell me where were you authorities then? Where were the police?!" She shouted before she chuckled darkly. "The only cop that ever stepped foot in that house was the boy's father..."

She stood back away from the rail. "I don't care about righting previous wrongs, There's nothing to right." She said simply.
    Last edited by P.K.; 11-15-2016 at 06:32 PM.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

“Oh, so you are just the poor, helpful victim,” Boyd said with a rolling of the eyes. It wasn’t clear whether the detective's pride simply didn’t allow him to show any empathy towards Sherry, or whether he simply didn’t care. Regardless, there was ice in his veins as he challenged the vigilante. “You don’t get to use a tragic little story to justify murder!” His voice was full of disdain. Boyd’s eyes were like daggers being drilled into Sherry’s. “You’re nothing special....not even remotely. At the end of the day, all you have is this little game. No matter what you do, you’re still just an out of your depth vigilante with nothing to hold onto. So have fun with that...” His voice oozed with spiteful venom.

Slowly, Boyd began to regain his composure. “As to your point on authority, you might be surprised that I actually agree with you. Bureaucracy and red tape hinder all progress rendering law enforcement rather useless. That brings me to the real reason for my little visit. As you so candidly pointed out, I have a vacancy in the partner position...a position which you, despite your rather objectionable traits, will be perfect to fill. I get the criminals off of the streets, and you get to kill them. You could refuse, of course, but I trust you are smart enough to know what will happen then."

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Sherry snorted. "Like I said, you don't know anything." she said and sighed. "I'm not special and in no way do I make myself out to be, I'm a dog only capable of doing what she's been bred for." she smiled faintly... but it was flat. She didn't care a wit what he thought of her or why. She shrugged softly with unconcern for his spite towards her. There was no point in concerning herself with other people, they had already labeled her long ago.

She perked a little with interest as he said he agreed with her, seeming not to believe it as she listened to it. "Excuses." she breathed before looking at him as he finely got to the point of his 'visit'. "More like home invasion." she smirked dryly. Expecting him to confront her and demand to know something or other of what she knew about the cases with in her book. She was visibly surprised when he spoke otherwise, an option she didn't expect. "A... partnership?" She questioned in confusion.

She placed a hand over her mouth and started to chuckle for a moment, like she thought it was a joke... it had to be he couldn't be serious... but... he was. "Your serious?" she questioned with a frown. "Wouldn't that go against your code of locking up the perpetrators?" she asked. "and why of all people would you want to deal with the objectionable vigilante?" she asked suspiciously. He was correct in his assumption... she was indeed smart enough to know. She bit her lip quietly for a moment as she thought over her options, desperately thinking of a way out of this.

She could hide in another location... but with him alive he had to much information on her now, and she couldn't kill him. However much she hated his kind and disliked him he hadn't done anything wrong in her law of conduct... no option was preferable and if she joined him he'd no doubt want to have her on a leash... She was a dog but she had only gotten back out of the kennels she didn't want to give her freedom up so lightly.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Boyd made no attempt to hold back the smile that formed at her obvious shock. It was clear that she had not expected anything remotely close to what he had offered, and there was something so satisfying about throwing a curveball to this woman in particular. Eve while smiling, his posture portrayed enough business-like confidence to assure that he was in fact taking this seriously. There was no clever ruse, no elaborate joke, no falsehood in his proposal. Everything that he had said was to be taken literally and seriously.

“You assume that I care about such things as trials and 'locking up perpetrators’, in fact to this point you have presumed to label me as simply another standard member of the bureaucratic justice system. You have assumed that I am merely an agent, a proficient agent perhaps, but an agent all the same. You are wrong,” his tone was simply matter-of-fact, only rising in inflection for the occasional emphasis before falling again. He began pacing the floor from side to side, his hands clasped behind his back. “You are intellectually superior to most, I will grant you that. Surely you can look at the average agent and tell me, do you suppose any typical agent would take my course of actions to this point?” He asked rhetorically. “So no, I do not much care for the long, tedious process of capturing, detaining, and trying an obvious killer. I only care for efficiency, and that search has led me to you.”

Detective Boyd Buchanan paused for a moment, allowing time for Sherry to take it all in before speaking again. “Since this game’s inception, I have maintained the highest capture count, flawless conviction records, a perfect record on cases solved with absolutely no criminal ever escaping my net...and do you know why? It is because I have always looked for the most effective ways to solve my cases even if it means working outside of the system. Now, with the events that have transpired making this world more than just a game, now more than ever efficiency is the key. Effectiveness is the key. I could not care less about going through the motions of the criminal justice system.”

Boyd looked into Sherry’s eyes once more, locking her into his almost hypnotic gaze. “Since you like referring to yourself as a dog, allow me to put it in such terms. I am the one with the leash. I guide you to the target...and then? I simply let the leash go and allow the dog to be the dog. I have fifteen active cases not counting this child serial murderer. To put it simply, you need both targets and someone with actionable intelligence to help you reach those targets. I need these targets neutralized. I’m a detective, not a lawyer. It makes no difference to me whether they live to see a trial or not, so long as there is evidence beyond shadow of a doubt that they are guilty. As far as I’m concerned, the jury can use the evidence to confirm what I already know after the target is deceased. You will not be required to join the agency, of course. It would be better to keep your name off the records entirely. As my partner, you will be treated as my equal...well, near equal.” He ended with a wink. “I still consider you a rather enjoyable rival."

“But...if working with a detective does not interest you...” He trailed off.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Sherry was showing more genuine emotion then she had in a long time, the feeling was strange but oddly nice... Its been a long time since anyone could make her feel shocked let alone cornered. It was thrilling...She listened to him with something of a satisfied look as he began to pace and proceeded to explain to her why he wasn't simply the same as the rest of the agents he worked with. What a shrewd and clever man she supposed for the first time she'd just have to admit she was bested this time. A first for everything she supposed.

She once again lend against the rail as he told her about his perfect string of efficiency. She was indeed intrigued as she mulled over the options she still had left really all there was was to accept. He'd keep his word she was certain of it. Her eyes narrowed a little as they locked eyes and he told her he'd hold the leash, as she thought. Typical. She couldn't help but laugh as he finished. "If I'm the dog then your certainly a spider, you weave an intriguing web. You've perked my interesting that is for certain." She told him.

She swung herself up to sit on the rial with her feet dangling over the side as she regarded him with a smile. "Don't get me wrong I don't like you anymore then I did before but this will prove more then interesting in the future." she said. "Its been a long time since I've been so intrigued in this more then bland world." She told him. "Your an interesting man Boyd so I accept." she told him, she made a slight flourishing bow from her sitting position. "Sherry carter at your service."

With that she pushed herself down landing lightly in front of the man and stood once more. "In which case, I know who your child killer is." she said with a smile.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Boyd could only nod in agreement as she spoke. The sentiments that she expressed seemed to echo is own. He made no attempt to hide his happiness that she had accepted his offer, even despite its conditions. “There is a small condition, my dear. We cannot operate on opposite parts of the city, and since my office is at my homequarters, it would be more expedient if you would accompany me there.”

It was not very often that the detective found himself in such a position, in fact perhaps he had never been in quite this position. He was utterly and completely spellbound by this fascinating Sherry Carter. Everything about her from the way that she spoke to the tiniest mannerisms seemed only to entrance him futher, leaving him to wonder what she might do next. She was interesting, a welcome freshness from the bore that this world had become. Dare he say, she might be just as unpredictable as himself.

In this spirit, he could only smile as she nodded a bow and dropped gracefully before him. It seemed that she always managed to find some classy elegance in the moment even without exuding effort to do so. Detective Boyd Buchanan was totally charmed. The surprise lit up his face at Sherry’s revelation. “Well, well, well, Miss Sherry Carter. You really are full of surprises. Are you telling me that after months of digging and the agency finding very little to no evidence, you come along with all the answers? Not a bad start to this partnership if I say so myself.”

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast