Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Criminal wars (Pg-13) P.K. X Price (IC)

Your daily overdose of cute
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Sify, Romance, adventure, slice of life on occasion.
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Default Criminal wars (Pg-13) P.K. X Price (IC)

Sherry let out a soft breath as she peered into the alleyway, past the flashing lights. watching for a moment as the authorities and investigators gathered around the crime scene. Another murder and it was somewhat fresh, how many did that make this week? The authorities always took their damnedest time looking over the evidence but all they needed to know was another child was dead. She had a pretty good idea who it was.

"Well old friend." she murmured putting her top hat back on. "I promised to find you, and I'm getting closer." She said beginning to move away, moving past the throng of people that had gathered, murmuring to each other. "Let the pigs take their time, I'll find you soon enough and give you that quick and unceremonious death I promised you years ago." she hissed quietly swinging her cain around her hand as she began walking down the street.

Finding him in a city this large would be difacult but all the killings had happened around the same vicinity. The Middle class districts. He was close and she knew it. It was only a matter of time...
    P.K.'s character locker ~ P.K.'s word works ~ P.K.'s Idea store

1x1 = 1/5 Multi = 0/5 PW = 0/2
    Spoiler: Other things. 

January Member of the Month
    Sci-Fi, Dystopian, Superhero Stuff, Fantasy, lots of fandoms
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

“Aw hell....” Boyd said with a weary sigh. He had just lifted the protective tarp to see the murder victim for himself. Pressing the start button on his tape recorder, he began to document the grisly details. “Victim identified as Penny Parker. Age, fourteen years old. Cause of death...” The detective continued on until all the information had been archived for his own personal database. Special Agent Boyd Buchanan was the best detective the force had. His cases would have been solved so much faster if not for the red tape of government bureaucracy. Even still, his superiors relied on his expertise to solve the city’s crime.

“Any thoughts, Agent Buchanan?” The voice belonged to one such superior who had called Boyd to the scene.

“It’s definitely our killer’s M.O. Nine children in the last three months, all with the same pre-mortem injuries, and identical cause of death.”

“That’s what I was afraid of, how long until you get me some damn leads!?”

“Well captain, as long as it takes for me to gather enough of evidence to meet your ridiculously ludicrous red-taped standards. Until then, I suppose you better get used to seeing more of these.” Boyd handed the captain a graphic image of the murdered child before walking away from the scene.

“I’m not gonna keep letting you treat me this way! I am your commanding officer, and you will show me respect! Where the hell do you think you’re going!?” The captain shouted in livid rage. It was definitely safe to say that their working relationship was strained at best.

Boyd simply laughed at the captain’s anger. “We both know you need me more than I need you, captain. I’m going to do my job.” The smug grin on Boyd’s face didn’t dissipate while he walked down the street. At first, he was going to head to his apartment, where his work station was set up. His plan changed on the whim when he got a glimpse of a mysterious woman walking down the street. He had noticed her watching from afar earlier, and he had seen her at several of the other crime scenes as well.

“Hm...just what are you up to?” He muttered to himself while following behind her from around thirty yards away.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Sherry hadn't survived this long in this damned world by being unaware. It took her all of 10 minutes to be cretin someone was following her, and not just walking down the same streets... but following her. What a bother, how am I supposed to do my job with a detective following me around. She had two options, Try to lose him and peek his interest more, or act natural and lose his interest. "How boring..." She muttered before she crossed the street to enter a small cafe on the other side.

This place was decent, she came here often enough when she was in the city and not rotting away in the old learning district everyone had all but forgotten about. she set down at a table and waited to be noticed as she set her cain and top hat aside, carefully peeling her gloves off and placing them beside her. She had no doubt that he would continue to follow her for some times, weather he entered or watched her from across the street. He might even approach her table. It seemed cliche but such was this forsaken game world she'd been forced into. "Second chance my-" she stopped as a women approached her table with a bouncing smile. "What can I get you miss?"

Sherry put on a sweet smile. "Would you happen to have some grapefruit juice in stock?" "That's some bitter stuff ma'am, would you like anything sweet in it?" "Not at all, Its just fine plain." She replied and watched the women bounce off to retrieve her order as she settled down to wait and looked out the window. Where are you Mitch? she questioned silently. Do you even know that I'm in the game to? she wondered.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

The detective figured that he had been made as his target crossed the street and entered the cafe. Well, that left one real logical move in his eyes. "The direct approach it is then," he said to himself. He followed the target into the cafe just in time to catch her order. Boyd grabbed the server by the arm. “Make that two please,” the detective said watching her confusion with a smirk. He released her arm and let her go to her task while he looked over to the mysterious woman. Time to get some answers.

“Is this seat taken?” Boyd asked in an overly polite tone before sitting anyway, facing directly across from the woman. He had noted her appearance from a distance, but sitting before her now he was stricken by both just how young she appeared to be as well as her flamboyant appearance. In the couple of seconds that had transpired since his sitting, Boyd was already studying her and formulating conclusions based on every subtle nuance shown to him through body language, appearance, to the very bitter choice in beverage.

Just as it appeared the detective was about to question the young woman, he pulled a soft cover book out of his coat, opened it, licked his finger, and turned the page. Next, he took out a pen from his coat pocket and began making marks on the page. The book was a Sudoku puzzle book, and the detective’s demeanor displayed sheer boredom with it. It took less than sixty seconds before a sizable puzzle had been solved. The same finger licking page turn and he was on to the next puzzle, still not speaking to the woman before him.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

As she thought, he'd followed her in, but quicker then she'd anticipated stopping the waitress and making the order a double. "Wouldn't matter if it was." she replied quietly with a soft smile, it was difacult to tell if it was forced or genuine, as he set down anyways. She forced herself not to frown as she could see he was studying her. But she'd become quite versed in the skills of acting so she continued to smile that soft smile that a well mannered high class citizen might have.

She was a little surprised when instead of asking her a question and pulled out a puzzle book. How curious. Waiting in silence for a moment she turned back to the window, waiting for their orders which took only a few moments longer to arrive with the server. "Here you are ma'am, and yours to sir." The girl said. "Thank you Kindly." Sherry said with a appreciative smile before offering a small tip to the girl before picking up her drink and taking a sip.

She watched him a moment longer over her cup before clearing her throat softly. "Its rude to force yourself at one's table and not speak to them." She said taking another sip. "Specially when there are so many other empty tables you could have slipped into for your puzzle games... you look so board with them one can only think that's not why you came in here though." she said smiling knowingly over her cup.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Boyd barely pulled himself from his puzzle enough to manage the smallest of nods of acknowledgement in thanks to the woman, much less to actually take a drink. As bored as he seemed to be from his puzzles, he seemed even more so at the environment around him and even of his company. It was as if he were merely going through the motions of human interaction because it was required, but that he had other things he would much rather be doing. Even as the woman spoke, his eyes didn’t leave the puzzle book to look at her. He didn’t need to, he saw through the ruse of her smile and was very bored of her elementary games.

“What an astute observation,” He said, his voice dripped in equal parts sarcasm and sheer disinterest. His hands worked quick as lightning flashes in solving yet another puzzle. The boxes were all filled up perfectly as yet another puzzle had been solved, even hastier than the last. Using the pause in between puzzles, the detective flashed her a brief glance. The eye contact was over as quick as it was established, and his attention returned to the next puzzle. He began working the boxes again as he spoke.

“To the point then, the name is Boyd Buchanan, and the number is nine. Nine murder scenes I have investigated, all related. Nine times you were there, carefully watching from afar. Don’t waste either of our time in denying it, you will find that I am not the average detective. Now that leads to the questions, ‘What were you doing there? What is your connection?’ To those questions, there are obvious possibilities. The most obvious possibility is that you are, in fact, the killer...but we both know that isn’t true and thus we can cross that out.”

Boyd only took a moment’s pause to sip from his bitter beverage. He showed no reaction to the harsh taste, as if it were as normal to him as water. “On the other end of the spectrum, we may rule out coincidence. We both know that nine random appearances is out of the question, so let’s not pretend that you didn’t have an agenda for being there. It did cross my mind that you were a mourning loved one left behind of one of the victims and were now following along in the case...wouldn't be the first occasion. But one look at you, and I know that is not the case. Now, I have my suspicions as to your role in all of this, but frankly this is dull. Spare me the boredom of spelling it out further and just admit what I already know.”

The tone of his voice never changed even once. It was one of sheer confidence. He had absolutely no doubt what the woman was doing at the scene, he had already solved it. All he was waiting for was to make it official. Because it was necessary and customary and less to be courteous, he finally looked up from his book to await her response. He knew the answers, but would he have to sit and listen to her denials? He hoped not.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Interesting, maybe not so cliche after all. Things were getting interesting despite how board he looked at the whole situation. Boyd one of the top detectives in the game thus far, followed only by one other who... was his late partner if she wasn't mistaken... Of coarse her information on the authorities was a little rusty at times, she only kept tabs enough to know who was who and where they were, seemed she'd over looked this one a little.

She chuckled after another sip. "Your sharp." she said, her calm almost apathetic smile never wavering. She was truly not concerned with his wit and knowledge. Despite all this she was confident he knew little to nothing about her herself. After all she'd been very careful not to interact with the authorities beyond shoulder brushing up until now. And there should be almost no record or name given to her character here in the game... She'd gone dark for a while at first when the game first started. She'd only emerged a few years prior after it became evident people were truly trapped her and it wasn't just her.

"But are you sure you know everything?" she asked setting her cup down to lean on the table and place her chin on the back of her hand. "Of coarse I have nothing to hide in admitting that I was indeed watching all nine times, Nor that it was coincidence but what makes you so cretin that I'm not the killer? or that I'm not following the case for revenge purposes?" she asked. "You seem to think you know the women sitting before you quite well." His confidence was matched with her own. "People are not always what they seem Mister Buchanan." She said carefully lacing her fingers together.

"Regardless of what you think." she said finely leaning back in her seat and picking her drink back up once more. "I have a client who likes gathered details of interesting scenes around the city, one not so well known writer." she said taking a sip. "High class men don't have enough amusements already this one is particular to gruesome scenes as inspirations to a horror he claims to be writing. And as a free lance writer myself its only natural that I should be at the scene documenting events as they really are, not the lies that are fed everyone else." she said taking another sip.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Boyd didn’t take any care to hide the snide smirk written across his cynical face. Her comments didn’t seem to phase his demeanor in the slightest. His posture changed as he leaned back into the booth, tilting his head up at the woman before him. A small bit of interest showed in the sparkling of his eyes as his arms crossed together. As a detective, he had heard plenty of lies from the lips of gifted liars. This interesting lady was certainly lying, he was sure of it, and yet there was no proof. Accusing her would do him no good, for he dared think her wit matched his own. Instead, he would need to try a different approach.

The detective took another sip of his beverage as he pondered his next move. After a moment simply looking into her eyes, he spoke again. “Naturally,” his tone was leveled giving no indication of whether he believed her story or not. “Well then I shan’t waste any of your time. You have been to all nine murder scenes...you know as well as I just how grisly the slayings were. That is evidence enough that you are not the killer. You see, the murderer always matches his work. An extremely violent brute leaves a brutal scene in his wake, a sloppy killer leaves the sloppy scene. You? You don’t waste time with cheap pleasantries as evidenced by your direct approach when I sat at this table. Your drink selection shows unique character without being over the top, a simple elegance. Your dress attire just strange enough to stand out, and yet not too bold as to draw unwanted attention. Your posture expresses sophistication and a business first mindset, like me you do not have time for your time being wasted. If you were to kill someone, it would be done in a simple, efficient manner. The deed would be done as a means to an end, as such there would be no extra measures taken to glorify the death or turn it into some gory grandiose statement.”

The detective took a final sip from his beverage before looking at her with an expression that mixed curiosity with gamesmanship. “But since we have cleared that up, perhaps we can officially rule you out as a suspect entirely. Care to give me your name? So long as I can verify your statements as true and confirm an identity, I can safely report your having no connection to this case entirely."

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Sherry listened, the smile on her face for a moment changed to a pleasantly surprised smirk. At the last she laughed, a light tinkling sound escaping her lips before she muffled it for a moment and composed herself, though her smile was more genuine then before. "Your sharp." She repeated quietly before taking another sip, finishing off the last of her drink. "Just be careful your own sharpness doesn't end up cutting you one day." she said setting her glass down before regarding him with yet another calm smile.

When he asked for her name she closed her eyes with a small snort of amusement. Ah a name... Reaching into her coat she pulled out a small pocket book and laid it on the table. "I think this will be enough proof that I'm telling you the truth detective." She said quietly pushing it across the table to him. "As for my name." She smirked. "Maybe I'll share it with you over a nice cup of sweet champagne. another time." She picked up her hat and Cain as she quickly put her gloves back on. "Good night Mister Buchanan." She said tipping her hate to him before she would begin to leave. Leaving the Note book on the table. "Oh and don't worry, I have another." She assured him over her shoulder before placing her hat atop her head and ducking out the door.

Pleasant or unpleasant she was unsure how to describe the encounter itself. It was.... interesting to say the least and the most... fun? no.... that wasn't the word for something like that. Regardless. she'd... somewhat enjoyed it. "To sharp for your own good." she chuckled dryly. Its to bad he was only reading one.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Make sure his own sharpness doesn’t cut him one day. What a statement to make on the heels of a discussion of murder. If only she had known that his sharpness has cut him on many occasions, or perhaps she did know. The mystery woman certainly had given off a vibe that she knew more than she would tell. Of course, Boyd could hardly blame her. He was the same, always keeping every card as close to his chest as possible. This whole encounter had been a game of chess, two genius intellects jockeying for supremacy over the other. For now, he would allow the woman to enjoy her mystique in relishing her mysterious nature. It made her feel confident, and that was to his advantage. The more confident she felt, the more enjoyable the surprise would be when he ultimately solidified his checkmate.

The detective merely looked down to pick up the notebook that the woman left behind. When he looked back up, she had vanished like a specter. “Hmph,” the detective shook his head with a disbelieving smile. ‘She certainly is a character...’ he thought. He began to analyze her goodbye for any double meanings, but put that analyses on the back burner as he turned through each page of notes. Detailed accounts of each death had been penned meticulously, but not in the manner that he would have expected if she was indeed simply collecting information on the murders themselves. Someone simply using the murders as inspiration for a novel wouldn’t have such detective-esque detail regarding the scene. Her jottings were more than just descriptions, they were investigative notes. His suspicions were being confirmed....she was more than she was letting on.

As he continued to comb through the pages, he saw something that turned his composed demeanor on its side. The first reports were of the serial killings of the children as expected. But this.....this was a report on the murder of his partner, Madison Daye! The detective’s expression turned to one of stunned shock as he dropped the notebook to the floor. The sound of the book hitting the ground seemed to echo like a crash or a gunshot, as Boyd began shaking in place. He trembled as memories of that night flooded in....and he shook himself out of it only to think back to the mystery woman that had sat before him only moments ago.

Just be careful your own sharpness doesn't end up cutting you one day. Her words took on a new and profound meaning. She knew...all along she knew. She had one the first round of their encounter...but she was about to wish she hadn’t. The detective grasped the notebook from the floor and headed out the cafe door, knowing all too well where he was going next.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast