Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] The Fog [IC]

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Whatever just happened, well it was nothing compared to a rat climbing out of his bag. Kelly’s heart seemed to stop for what seemed like forever as the moment passed. He felt weak in the knees and almost dropped till he mentally caught himself. This was not where he should be. He had to get off of this island and back home. That’s going to mean leaving this room, for starters. Whoever was in the hallway talking, they couldn’t be the same tremulous creatures he just felt crawling over the roof of the building. With that chilling thought, he slowly stepped into the hallway and shut the door behind him.

There were already several people in the hallway, as he had guessed. Kelly wasn't sure he saw them when he got off the boat. He wasn't sure he saw anything outside of his room. Everything was grey now. The hall held the same fog that had crept into his room and suffocated the charm of the place. The island he came to was bright, beautiful, sunny and warm. Now he felt a chill down his spine. There was no medical reason he could think of for what he was feeling, so it had to be an emotional response to the surroundings. He was looking right at a dimly dark hall with what looked like a strikingly beautiful latina woman to his right that looked like she meant business and the gun at her side gave him the feeling she would take care of it if necessary. To his left a couple of intimidatingly large guys. One of them had his back to him mostly, and looked pretty athletic, probably played sports to make a guess. The one behind him looked tough though, the kind of tough he saw a lot on the table more often than he wished. He was holding a gun as well. Kelly was hoping he wasn’t planning on using it, but he had the feeling he knew exactly how to. He felt like he was stepping into the middle of something the way everyone was standing, but he still turned cautiously to look at the name that should be on his door that he saw on the way in, despite being ready to sleep. It looked like it had been there for decades. The plaque turning green with oxidation, his name was almost illegible now. But it was there, sure as the people standing in the hall with him were there.

Without quite turning back around, Kelly said, “You don't happen to, uhm, know how I got here, do you?” Kelly asked the others, slowly looking at the woman, then moving around to look to his left. It seemed they had a similar, what the hell is going on type of look about them. He wasn't sure what kind of response he would get, but there was no one else around to ask. The many bellhops that greeted them seemed nowhere in sight. Not entirely atypical for a tropical getaway that probably respects privacy, but this was obviously not a typical looking getaway anymore.
    Last edited by Radialactive; 11-15-2016 at 03:24 PM. Reason: I guess I can't read.

July Member of the Month
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Zuly nodded listening intently as Camille recalled her last wake moments, before going to bed. Her fingers ran through her shoulder length tresses, before looking down the hallway, just as another person walked from their room. When a terror filled, scream echoed through the walls, the homicide detective returned the butt of her gun. So far, there wasn’t much use for it, but having her hands physically on it soothed her nerves.

“I’m not actually looking for a murderer.” Zuly chuckled, glancing back to Camille. “I’m supposed to be on a long-awaited vacation.” Her eyes rolled, at the irony. “We aren’t entirely sure what’s going on. I’m sure others are in the same boat.” She replied to the man who approached them. “I think I’d be best if we looked for other guests, and any supplies we can get our hands on. Though-“

Her thoughts were interrupted when the fog started making noise. Zuly’s head snapped up, as if watching the large animal pace across the ceiling, before she pulled her gun out of its holster once more. There was something strange going on, and she was stuck with a bunch of civilians and no chances of back up, sounds like the perfect relaxing vacation she needed.

“Ok let’s forget that thought. I am Zuly Adisa, I work for NYPD Homicide division.” She breathed, voice raising so everyone in the hall could hear her. “We’ll need to stick together, no one leaves alone until we figure out what’s going on here.” She sighed, gun still in hand. “As I said before, we need to see if there are any more guests, and find supplies. From there we’ll search for any reasons we are here.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

When Tolbert walked out of his room he heard a couple of women talking. He didn't catch everything that was said, but he did make out that the lady in the hall was a police officer. He waited a moment by his door, which was now laying in the hall, and another person exited their room: a young looking black kid. He looked like he was about to run and a part of Tolbert wanted to follow, but he knew that would be showing weakness. And when the man turned and walked towards the women, Tolbert decided he would respect him for not running. Then he saw another man, shorter and softer, walk out of his room looking scared. He musta been the one hollerin'.

Tolbert was about to say something to everyone when the sounds began to echo through the halls. The laughter was especially off-putting. Tolbert swung his gun up to aim at the threat that never appeared. What in the hell?

Impressively, the police woman spoke before Tolbert could recover fully. Tolbert wasn't sure if the pretty little officer had seen him and his gun yet, but he slowly holstered it and moved his hand casually away from it. He walked towards her with a big grin on his face, which was only missing a couple of teeth. "Now looky here, it's the law." He paused until he got closer. "I imagine, bein' that yer the law, you think yer in charge. But I reckon we is all out of yer jurisdiction. Ain't we?" He looked slowly at the others, meeting their eyes in turn. "Now I don't plan on sticking around long enough to need supplies because something clearly ain't right around here. Nor do I particularly desire to find e'ry lost soul on this god forsaken island. I reckon I'll find a way out of here and when I do plan on takin' it. I ain't waitin' on you lot neither. I would not mind the company if any of y'all want to go wit' me." Tolbert turned back to Zuly with a smile, "How does that sound, law-woman?"

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

As the muffled conversation outside of her hotel room continued on Sofia began to gather her thoughts and calm herself down. One thing she found most reassuring and helped bring her back to Earth when she would panic was stating facts.

My name is Sofia Marvin. I am 24 years old. I have brown hair. I am CEO of my own fashion company. I live in New York. I have a cat named Peaches. With each fact she took long slow breaths until her breathing was no longer rapid and shallow. Now that she was calm enough to put together cohesive thoughts she needed to start to plan her escape to safety. If she was transported here somehow there had to be a way back, she just had to find it. Sofia decided that the first step of action would be to search her room once the people outside the room left. She didn’t want to chance alerting the possible psychos that brought her here, she’d rather be safe than sorry.

Sofia was so focused on listening to the voices to make sure she would know when they left and the coast was clear that she didn’t even feel something crawling up her leg. Wait…are there more voices now? She furrowed her brow and leaned closer to the hamper wall to try and hear better, but it was hard to differentiate how exactly how many people were outside.

Wait. Is that a bug?! Her concentration was brokenly the sensation of something on her leg, but before she could look to see what it was she was being forcefully yanked from her hiding spot. Shrill screams escaped her lips as she felt her body climbing up the wall by only God knows what, her arms flailing trying to grasp onto anything to stop it from happening.

“Someone help!” She shouted out to those just outside her room. She would rather face the possible people that brought her here than be dragged up the closet wall. Once she stopped moving upward she craned her neck to see what had a hold on her, but she couldn’t believe her eyes.

“Is that…a sweater?” She gasped and squinted her eyes in hopes the sweater was attached to a very tall person, but there was no tall person. Screams once again left her mouth as she realized that a sweater came to life and was assaulting her, it as something straight out of a scary movie! It was as if by her laying eyes on it scared the…sweater and it released its snug grip on her ankle and let her fall to the floor. Her body hit the floor hard, knocking the wind out her, and her head slammed against the closet wall. With stars dancing around her head she lay on the closet floor gasping for air.

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    V much of a fan of small groups that do big things
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Camille's stomach churned as the slimy man spoke. Granted, Madame Adisa wasn't exactly unattractive, but was this really the time to play Cassanova? Her immediate dislike of the man gave her a sort of perverse confidence otherwise quite at odds with her situation, and she stepped forward out into the hallway proper.

"Enchante, monsieur," she began, half-consciously playing up her accent so as to appear nonthreatening. "I too would like to leave, but I fear that may be harder than it seems."

Camille looked up at the ceiling, whence the noise of wild beasts had came, with an involuntary shudder. As much as she disliked this man, there was safety to be found in numbers.

"Stay at least until the fog lifts," she suggested. "It will be easier to see where we're going then, or to make a sea voyage if it comes to that. Whatever is going on, surely it will be easier to confront in the light, non? Please, let us- merde!"

A scream from the next room over pierced the night and Camille's calm. She dove behind Zuly with an undignified shriek of her own.

"Mon dieu," Camille whispered. "There is a murderer after all."

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yeah, this was definitely felt like it could be a situation if it didn’t calm down. And Kelly was standing in the middle of two people with guns. Not something he is too fond of. He looked at the woman who had just stepped out of the doorway, her curls bounced as she walked forward

“I think we can all agree that this is not the vacation we thought we were gettin’, an’ gettin’ outta here is definitely a priority. If what we ‘eard on the roof is really out there though, I dunno if anyone can leave this place any time soon. I dunno exactly what they were, but they didn’t sound too friendly.” He was hoping that we could all at least agree on something. There was no use in splitting up or killing each other if there is something outside that could probably do that without much trouble. That’s how he felt during that brief moment anyway, that nothing was going to stop those beasts from tearing him to shreds.

“I think the ...uhm… French? lady may be right. This fog is gonna make it hard to ge’ much ‘nywhere on this island, ‘less you happen to know where you’re goin’?” He said turning back to the large, brutish, country guy, instantly wishing that he himself had a slightly less soft appearance. He was never really more than average as far as his build and appearance, but the bright orange hair at least made him stand out in most crowds. Attention can be your friend, sometimes.

July Member of the Month
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

A light chuckle left Zuly as Tolbert spoke. Confrontation wasn’t something she shied away from, in fact she thrived off of it. Doubt was something that helped people survive on the streets, and despite his nice clothes Tolbert reeked of the streets. She sighed a bit, when Camille came further into the hallway, the police officer’s fingers slipping her hand gun back into its holster. There was no real need for it right now, and she highly doubted that they would need it. The building they were in told her everything she needed to know, they were alone. Sure, there maybe a few indigenous animals around, but people? They left a long time ago.

“I am more than willing not to be in charge, but the others are right, the fog will disorientate anyone who goes out there. It’s best to stay here for at least that long, and since we don’t know how long that is, we should get supplies.” she murmured amused with the situation. “Let’s for a moment forget that there’s a fog, and that we are on an unfamiliar island with no one else on it. What’s plan B, when you go to the docks and there isn’t a boat?”

Her attention pulled towards a scream down the hall. It was an urgent sound, but now where near what a person being murdered sounded like. The short haired woman glanced at Camille, before patting her shoulder, her attempt to calming the woman down. Zuly sighed for what seemed the billionth time that morning and headed towards the sound, it was her job after all. Even though she doubted there was any real dangers, she placed her fingers onto the butt of her gun, still keeping it in the holster.

When she arrived to the door, she knocked on it with her free hand. Did she have probable cause to just burst in guns blazing? Yes, well not with guns blazing. Did that mean she wanted to just burst in? No, she didn’t know the situation on the other side. Say there was nothing there, just another person just waking up to this condition. She’d be putting herself at risk of getting shot, after all she didn’t know if the other person had a gun in there, and scared people do stupid things. Before a reply could be said, she opened the door.
    Last edited by AngelFire; 11-15-2016 at 06:50 PM.

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    V much of a fan of small groups that do big things
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Camille followed Madame Adisa, a safe distance behind but not so far as to lose the feeling of protection she gave her. Truth be told, the officer's calm demeaner was doing wonders for Camille's. She felt herself breathing easier, and turned her attention from hypothetical murders to the redhaired man who'd addressed her.

"Oui, je suis francaise," she said with a bit of a chuckle. "Yes, I'm French," she repeated in English, just in case. "I'm called Camille. And you, monsieur?"

Camille had relaxed sufficiently to smile a little. She knew there had to be a sensible explaination for this. Maybe they were the unwitting guests on a game show? It would explain the mysterious invitations and how the people behind them could afford them, for one, and really, what other explaination could there be for the sudden transformation of the building? Oui, that was it! This might even be fun - though Camille rather wished her first introduction to these people hadn't been in her pajamas. She only then realized that she still had a sleep mask pushed up onto her forehead, and she quickly tore it off with her free hand.

Ah, she'd just have to make a better impression from now on, wouldn't she?

Camille startled at the noise of Zuly knocking on a door up ahead. A faint gasp escaped her lips - so much for making a better impression! She was torn between curiosity and fear - part of her wanted to move closer to get a better view and part of her wanted to run away, and she found herself stepping behind Zuly again as a compromise, glancing between the door and the others in the corridor. Secret game show or not, Camille was nervous again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Tolbert sighed at the frightened scream. What now? He drew his gun and watched as Zuly and Camille went to the door where the scream had come from. He decided that he may as well stick with these people for now. Maybe they could figure out what was going on here. Whatever it was he didn't like it one bit. He went to stand next to the doorway as the detective knocked.

How many times had he entered a room with gun drawn? Some scumbag on the other side of the door who was foolish enough to not pay his debts. This was very different. First, the people were different: an average looking guy, a college boy, a French woman, and a cop for God's sake. Second, while he never knew exactly what he'd find, this time he didn't even have an idea of what they'd find on the other side of that door. And third, this is completely fucked up. What kind of fog fills halls like this? What happened to the building and island? What were those sounds?

The detective opened the door and Tolbert spun around the door frame into the room gracefully for his size. He pointed his gun, looking for a threat.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Why was it so hard for her to catch her breath? It could very well be because she was scared shitless or that she was trying so hard to breathe again. Either way it was painful, with each gasp for air it felt like her chest tightened and throat closed in on her which only made her panic even more. As she laid there on the floor she noticed that the closet was filled with sweaters, had they always been there? She was quiet certain that the closet was empty when she first came in and that thought only made her freak out even more.

By the time Sofia caught her breath she could hear people entering her room. She thought about staying in the closet for a few minutes and trying asses if these people could trusted or not, but she really didn’t want to stay in the closet a minute longer. Sofia sat up and took a minute to adjust to the throbbing pain in the back of her head before standing up and taking a peak outside of the closet.

Her head was barley out of the closet when her eyes landed on the gun pointed in her general direction. She let out a gasp and quickly pulled her head back behind the doors, “don’t shoot!” She shouted as she cowered in her former sanctuary. Sofia liked to think her odds were better with a demon scarf than a loaded gun.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast