Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [M] The Fog [IC]

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    |Heroic|Science Fiction|Anime|Fantasy|Mature|
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

While he was waitin on the women to perhaps give an answer, he kept his eye on the end of the hall. The fog wasn't helping with seeing anything....Damnit, if he ever got out of this Leonard was gonna get it. When it seemed like neither one of them had an answer, he was about to walk further away to find a way to hightale it out of there.

But his motions were abruptly interrupted by what sounded like maniacal laughing coming from the ceiling. It caused him to jump, and when the sounds of steps were coming from above, he stumbled right back over to the chick with the gun. This would be to get out of the firing range should that thing come from wherever the hell it was at. He was right. It was some horror movie type of shit. Oh hell no....Not good. Not good at all. They needed to get the fuck out, and right now.

Michael just kinda stood around as these folks kept talking. The fuck was this chick, who apparently was a damn cop, talking about check the rooms for other survivors? Fuck THAT! She could do that shit when she had back up, not when she's the only person with a gun in a hotel of who knows what and who knows where. He was still stuck on the urge to stay here, as whatever the heck that was making that noise, would be running loose. He'd rather not encounter it defenseless.

He was still firm on the fact that this cop was crazy. This wasn't no crime investigation. He didn't like, either, how they were going on about greetings n pleasantries n shit while they were probably quite literally in a life or death situation. From the look of it, there were about five of them there all together. So maybe it'd be a little less to worry about. So long as he didn't see any Hocus-Pocus shit, he'd probably be alright, he guessed.

There was more screaming from another room. Make that six...unless she died right in there, quite frankly he didn't want to know. Okay, so other big dude had a gun too. Two are always better than one he guessed... When they went in, he stayed in the hallway. No thanks. They got it.
    Last edited by DCaesar of Wakanda; 11-19-2016 at 12:28 AM.

Spoiler: Theme Song 

July Member of the Month
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

“Congratulation’s, you’ve scared an already terrified woman.” Zuly sighed, mildly amused at the situation they had been placed in. “I feel so much safer having you around.”

Her eyes rolled as she walked further into the room, much like her’s this room had an ancient look to it. As others filtered into the room, She leaned against the windowsill her eyes looking at the other who filtered in the room. It was her duty to keep these people safe, no matter what, even if they were a couple hundred miles away from her jurisdiction. The Police officer sighed, redirecting her gaze to the terrified woman, there’s so much they all needed to talk about, before they could make a plan.

“Pardon the intrusion.” Zuly muttered, standing up again. “We heard you scream and thought something was the matter, we didn’t mean to scare you.” She breathed taking a step closer to the new woman. “My name is Zuly Adisa, I work for NYPD, and we all seem to be stuck in the same situation. Can you tell me what you last remember, before you went to sleep?”

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Kelly peeked around the edge of the door. There was another woman in there that appeared to be rather distressed and quite ready to break out into tears to beg for her life. Not much different than Kelly felt now, for that matter. He would much rather be home wallowing in self pity, but he took this trip to get away from all of that. Now he is here with a bunch of other people who are scared for their lives, no matter what face they are putting on. The new member of their band of wasn't wearing a mask.

Kelly slowly walked into the room, trying to be as unthreatening as possible. “I'm Kelly, Kelly O'Curran. An’ I bet I can guess what you last remember.” Kelly’s tone became a little somber as he recalled his own experience. “You received an invitation to an all expenses paid resort for the weekend. It seemed like a good idea. Everyone can find a little time to spend relaxing and gettin’ away from life when it's free.” Kelly’s voice was speeding up a little and he was beginning to wander and avoid eye contact, recalling his reasons for being there himself in his mind. “So yes, you go on the trip. What the hell, it's going to be great. Everyone is telling you so. You somehow manage to make it here and then you're greeted by beautiful people that take you to a room that is a delightful little retreat.” He pauses for a few seconds to let everyone picture their own experiences. Then, as though he were telling them all their fates, he stopped suddenly looked from face to and said, “An’ now, you're here. You don't know how. You don't know why. And you don't know what this is. But I think any one of us can tell you, this is not a good place. That there is danger here.” He stood as though they he wanted someone else speak for a brief moment. “An’ now, we are here together to try and get outta this. So with that, again, I'm Kelly. Maybe we should all try 'n formally introduce ourselves, again, so at least our new companion in this fucked up place can know who burst inna her room. Zuly has already shared, and myself. So, who else wants to share?”

Kelly wasn't quite sure what took over for him to try to lay everything out there. He usually keeps most thoughts to himself. It's why he works much better with dead people than living ones. They care a lot less about why you want to make an incision somewhere. But he did it. Maybe it was the pushy big headed people with guns that thought they were going to save the day. Maybe it was that he felt like he should be scared for his life right now. However, at the moment after his “speech” he felt petrified. Someone else needed to say something, and it was going to feel like forever till they did.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Sofia was eyeing the group of people funneling into her room through some of the cracks in the closet door, keeping a close eye on the gun wielding man. One of the women reprimanded the man with the gun and made her way towards the closet. Sofia cracked the closet open a bit more so she could look the woman in the face, but decided to stay put until she felt safe around everyone in her room.

“NYPD?” She suddenly felt safe and scared all at once. Safe, because she was with a police officer, but scared because if a cop was involved that meant something went wrong. If the cop is with all these people then they must be okay to be around. Sofia blushed and sheepishly stepped out of the closet, she was now embarrassed by her panic at the gun.

“I, uh,” She looked upwards as she tried to get her mind to clear so she could focus on the officer’s question. What was the last thing she remembered before she woke up? Honestly she was still focused on what happened a few minutes ago, the attack of the demon sweater. Before she could answer a man, who introduced himself as Kelly, spoke up and began to tell his version of the story. She couldn’t help but feel for him, he was obviously just as scared and confused as she was and all he wanted was a nice little vacation, but instead he woke up in hell. Sofia smiled when he mentioned everyone introducing themselves for her so she wouldn’t feel too weird about the situation.

“Thank you, Kelly, I’m Sofia. I guess my story is similar to yours. I came here for some time away, to drink way too much, get a killer tan and celebrate life with my friends…” She bit down on her lip when she mentioned her friends, she could only hope they weren’t stuck in this hell hole. She sighed and ran her hands nervously through her hair before turning her eyes back to Zuly.

“Last thing I remember doing was tipping the lady that helped me to my room and flung myself onto the bed to take a nap before meeting up with my friends. When I woke up…I woke up here,” she gestured around to the ruins that surrounded them, “and when I heard voices I got scared and hid in the closet, but then…” Sofia trailed off and looked back at the closet. She didn’t know if she should even mention the sweater attacking her, who the hell would even believe her anyway?

“Then that’s when you all came in.” She shrugged and looked around at everyone.

August Member of the Month
    Fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

As the people in the ruined house spoke o one another, the sounds of the morning could be heard outside the house. Birds began to chirp, the rooms began to light up with the reds and oranges of the morning sun, and the fog began to loosen its grip on the house. If they had not woken up in a hell hole surrounded by dust and decay, it would have been the perfect morning. Regardless, the strange noises and laughter seemed a distant memory now with the beauty of this morning.

July Member of the Month
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Zuly nodded slightly watching as Kelly talked about everything from the beginning to this moments. She took note of the eerily similar situation, and the fact that just like her most people here didn’t remember any movement. It was impossible for this many people to be moved and not a single person to not seeing anything, but it was more impossible for them to have slept until the home decayed into this. Something just didn’t add up, and it was important for them to figure something out. A thoughtful mask formed, as she pulled out her small police book, and jotted down a few thoughts and facts.

Hearing Sofia speak, Zuly turned her attention back to the woman who was now inching from the closet. The police officer back away, give the woman some space, as well as to keep an eye on those in the room. Mild worry and relief both echoed on the Sofia’s face, drawing a half smile from Zuly, though the hesitation in the freckled woman, caused Zuly to eye her suspiciously. Fear was a natural response to situations like this, but there was something the young woman wasn’t sharing with the group, which slightly concerned the officer.

“Don’t worry too much about my presence.” Zuly breathed, sending Sofia a smile. “I was here to relax too, and woke up here. I’m just trying to help in whichever way I can.”

The room brightened up a bit, drawing Zuly’s attention to the windows. It was nice hearing the joyous chirp of birds in the background, it reminded her of the two Parakeet’s she left at home. I hope they are doing well, she thought momentarily. Despite the bleak surroundings and being kidnapped, she had to admit the sunrise was beautiful.

“The fog has gone down, but who here remembers their journey here?” She paused, glancing around the room. “I’m not here to boss you all around, that would be counterproductive, but I do believe it would be best if we prepared for all outcomes. It would be best to get any supplies we can, and maybe find a map or two of the island to lower risk of getting lost. Radios, batteries, food, water, medications, and bandages are always handing to have. I also still suggest we don’t go anywhere alone.”

Horror, fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sergei had always been a rather heavy sleeper when it came to noises, but he always immediately woke up when sunlight touched his face. He woke up and groggily looked around. Everything seemed... Different from when he'd arrived last night. Or did it? He couldn't quite remember actually going to his room last night. He looked down at his mattress and jumped up in surprise, it was filthy. "Oh gross! Nngh... Probably covered in germs... And... Ugh, I need a shower." He looked around the room more, now that he was fully awake. The light revealed that everything in the room was disgustingly decayed. "Oh no... No, no, no, no, no!" He mumbled, while backing away toward the door. The door, he noticed, was already open partly, so he simply nudged it open with his foot.

He backed into the hallway and looked around again. Since there wasn't really any furniture in the hallway, it appeared cleaner than in his room. Nearby, another person was standing in the hall, looking around fearfully. "Hello? Do you know where the resort staff are? I need to file a complaint about my room, it's... Disgusting..." He said, crossing his arms and shivering.
    Last edited by garnetfrog; 11-27-2016 at 11:39 AM.
    Blob fish is tired of your shenanigans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Tolbert holstered his gun again soon after realizing it was only the girl. He frowned and gritted his teeth. His face revealed a little disappointment. "Girl's lucky she din't get her head blowed off," he said under his breath through his clenched teeth. He walked and stood to the side of the window so that he wasn't in full view but could still see fairly well outside. He thought about the present situation as he listened to the others. Was the fog beginning to lift? The sun began peeking through and it was beautiful over the ocean. At least until he turned back to look at the shithole they were standing in.

After Zuly finished talking, Tolbert decided to chime back in. "If we plan on stayin' here, getting fitted with that would be all well and good. But suppose'n we ain't the only ones here. And they's now makin' their way to a boat or plane to get the fuck outta here. I for sure don't want to be the fool that walked about lookin' for a radio and then get left behind. What we need to do is to first get off the island. If we ain't find a way quickly, then we can focus on being ready to stay here. And then we can find whatever y'all want."

He turned to look outside and get oriented to where he thought he remembered the docks being. Tolbert pointed in the general direction, "I come in on a boat. The docks weren't that far from here. I don't know about any runway, but it surely ain't too far to that. I aim to check thems places. If that don't pan out, then I'll resign myself to stayin' here a bit and focus on makin' sure we live 'til someone comes fer us." He turned back to the sunrise, "'Sides, the fog is gone, we'll be able ta make our way quick-like."

August Member of the Month
    Fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

A large crash echoed from one of the rooms down the hallway, and the door swung open ever so slightly. A low groan came from just inside the doorway. The name plaque on the door spelled Antony. He was not any of the gathered members so far. In fact, some could swear that the door did not have a name moments ago. The low groan turned into silence.

The docks could be seen from most of the front windows, especially from the living area next to the kitchen. There was not a single boat in sight, and the docks were rotting and partially collapsed, many of it underwater already.

July Member of the Month
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

“Okay let’ suppose we make it to a boat in the race to get there. There isn’t going to be food on the boat and most likely no water, those are things you get when you PLAN on going on a trip. Mind you, it took me at least a week to sail here, what are we going to eat?” Zuly sighed glancing at Tolbert, “With all of us trapped, why would our captors leave us on an island with a boat that functioned correctly? Thinking things through and clearly is the only way we get through this.” She said more firmly. “I see every day what happens when a person panics, and acts on urges, in situations like this.”

Hearing clatter in the distance Zuly pressed her fingers to her temples. She was getting tired of rushing this way and that to make sure the situation was safe, only to find another survivor. Survivors were a good thing though, there was a strength in numbers, and judging from where she stood, this wasn’t a normal abduction situation.

“Take someone with you if you insist on going.” She breathed, as she stood. “I’m going to search for supplies, we all will need them whether or not there is a ship.”

Her dark eyes rested on Tolbert a long moment before she walked to the door, her hand resting on the butt of her gun. She glanced at the others, almost hesitating to leave them in a room on their own. Seeing Anthony, Zuly opened the door more with her foot glancing around the room for any danger. Once she felt okay about the situation, she looked down at the man.

“How you feeling?” she half smiled, looking for any wounds.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast