Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: [M] The Fog [IC]

July Member of the Month
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Zuly sighed, pinching the bride of her nose. Dead people were so much easier to deal with when it came to times like this. She missed her partner more than anything, he would know what to say that would calm the situation. Her fingers tightened into a fist before relaxing once again, a way she often calmed her thoughts.

“I agree, first we need to set a base for all of us to meet at.” Zuly smiled rather warmly. “From there we should go in groups of two, and search each level, for any supplies. That would be our best bet, a radio or anything to contact the outside world would be good.” Her fingers brushed the back of her neck momentarily, before returning to her side. “You know this place a bit better than we do, where would be the best place for our home base?”

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

"Wait," Kelly caught something that Antony had said, "did you say you know most of the island?" Kelly paused slightly, but realized he couldn't wait for the inevitable answer and began in a new line of questions and ideas. He pushed his way up to Antony and stopped just inside of arms length.

"If you know the island, then you would know how we could get off of it. How big it is. If there is a hospital, an airport, docks. You could get us off this island!" Kelly's face was half crazed. His eyes were locked on Antony. He could get off this island. It's possible. Someone here knows something about this place! "Well, Antony, can you help us? Will you help us?" He stressed that last bit, though he wasn't trying to. He was still having trouble believing that with the state of things after waking up, he could leave. There is something not right about this place, and the best solution is to get off this island as soon as possible.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

"I'm fine with that, I just don't want to stand around and chit chat anymore. I want to start being productive, wether it's getting supplies or getting a better feel for our area." Sofia debated on wether or not she should tell the group about her friends possibly being here as well, but decided to not say anything until she had to. She heard Antony speak up about knowing his way around the place and she perked up a bit. If he was familiar with the island he would know how to possibly get them off!

"The only changes-" Just as she was about to answer Antony's question she heard another voice calling out to them. Her stomach dropped slightly in fear that whoever it was, was not going to be friendly. He seemed to be like everyone else that kept popping up around here; lost and confused.

"We're still trying to figure that out ourselves, and...the scream was me," Sofia admitted sheepishly. She still hadn't told everyone what caused her scream and she really didn't want to try and explain that to them, so hopefully the new guy wouldn't question her on it. "We're still trying to get our bearings on the whole situation." She stepped over slightly so the new comer could join in on their small group and peer into the room if he wanted to.

"Anyways, as I was saying the only changes besides the super aged resort would have to be the atmosphere. It has a very weird vibe now, unlike before, and there have been some creepy situations pop up since we all have woken up. Thankfully you know your way around here so hopefully we won't have to be here too long." Sofia was eager to have Antony start showing them around and potentially getting them off this island, but she certainly wasn't as eager as Kelly was. It was like a switch went off inside him making him go from calm and collected to frantic and desperate. He was spewing questions at Antony like a crazy person and he seemed to be extremely tense. Her eyes widened at his behavior and she gave a side glance to Zuly to gage her reaction.

Sofia hated that she didn't know everyone here, that she couldn't tell what was considered normal behavior for each person. Seeing Kelly's behavior change so quickly made her uneasy and she didn't like that, she wanted to feel comfortable and safe with the people she was surrounded by right now. Antony was the one person that could truly help them, there was no need to basically assault him with questions like that. Someone needed to say something to bring Kelly back to his calm state and since no one had said anything yet she nervously cleared her throat and stepped forward into the doorway.

"Kelly, I'm sure he'll help us...just take a breath and calm down."
    Last edited by The Texan Queen; 01-09-2017 at 06:33 AM.

August Member of the Month
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Antony shook his head for a moment, but seemed to be thinking about something. After a moment he spoke up. ”Docks are the only way in and out, I believe. I do see some planes heading over the island, so maybe the owner up in his mansion has a private one? As for supplies, there is a small grove of trees not far from here that produce a lot of varied fruits. I think it was some sort of planting exercise from years past that grew wild and they decided to just keep it as it was to produce fruit for the island. Not many people go there now. It might still be up and kicking out fruit.”

July Member of the Month
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Zuly sighed, watching as the others questioned the young man. It was easy to forget that each person here was in the same situation of waking up in a different world almost. Her fingers wiped away whatever dust that got onto her black denim pants, and dark shirt. This was what she got for listening to her boss, “Get away from everything, and have some me time,” he said. The thought of it all made her snort, this sure was great me time. Her eyes rolled, before she took the conversation in once again. It was important to know where they were, perhaps a map of some sort, though the human memory wasn’t a sure thing…... a real paper map would be the best idea, but Anthony was the best they had so far.

“Docks often have flares,” Zuly murmured aloud, bringing her knuckle to her lips. “And if there are planes around, we could use that to call for attention to ourselves.”

Her brow creased at the mention of the owner of the resort. It could be completely possible that he had a boat, but what were the chances that he would just leave it there, when no one else seemed to be on the island. Logically that made no sense, but what in the situation did?

“Anthony, are there any wild animals here? Anything that could possibly hurt those who are stranded?” She questioned, glancing at him. “It would be a good idea to have a group look for a boat, while another one searched for food and other supplies. With that said though, if there’s any chance that we could be injured by an animal, we’ll need to set extra precautions.”

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Kelly was morbidly excited to hear what Zuly said about needing help if someone gets injured. However, as he started to say something, he realized that no one will have any sort of confidence in a doctor that appears spooked and delirious, despite the circumstances around the situation. It gave him pause. He steadied himself, took a deep breath, and said to the others, in as even a tone as he could manage, "I am a medical examiner at a hospital in Chicago. I'm sure I could help with any injuries that occur, with the appropriate tools. Antony, is there a medical facility on the island, or at least a first aid area for the resort?" He didn't think that anything he could do would help were they to be attacked by whatever what outside last night, but having a purpose made him useful to the group. And right now, he felt like that was important to getting off the island.

Zuly showed clear leadership. She was confident, people seemed comforted by her position as a police officer, and she seemed to be showing no signs of fear of the situation they found themselves in. Meanwhile, Kelly couldn't understand how they could have ended up in such a decrepit resort when he had arrived at a glamorous and beautiful island. There was no way to make sense of how they ended up here. If Kelly could be a second, he would have the best chance of making it off this island. More of the choices they made would have his opinion weighed heavily on them. He would do what he could to appear a steady, supportive second. Even if it meant going against his instincts to flee, he was going to fight for his survival.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345