Page 125 of 126 FirstFirst ... 75123124125126 LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1257

Thread: [M]Undying Quest: The Proving Grounds[IC]

Your daily overdose of cute
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Sify, Romance, adventure, slice of life on occasion.
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Karrha mused, he was right. She was going to have to get used to having a living item. Well then wisp she thought, what about a nightgown? She watched quietly as the dress responded to her silent question. Magical, sentient items were indeed amazing. The red dress shifted forms into a red nightgown, hanging just below her knees, short sleeves and light. Awfully close to something similar she'd warn as a child but maybe that wasn't so surprising.

As she laid there she felt Dezeroth pull the covers over her as well. Its true she wasn't as wry as he might be, he'd done a lot more today and her mind was still moving around this strange world. She turned her head towards him as he put an arm around her. A gesture she appreciated as she thought. "Your right, but sleep doesn't come easily to a wandering, worried mind." Not to say she was displaying much worry, She could cope and naturally she would but the didn't mean thoughts didn't keep her up. A lack of useful herbs worried her, though her magic could do just about anything she needed, martial components were just as useful.

She also couldn't help wondering about Alessandro, Sel'ora and Tala. How many others like themselves were out there? and the end game? All thoughts she could push aside but no less persistent. "Do not worry, I can put myself to sleep just as well as the next person." She assured him. Out of the two of them he needed more rest, but she would doubtless fall asleep in her own time.
    P.K.'s character locker ~ P.K.'s word works ~ P.K.'s Idea store

1x1 = 1/5 Multi = 0/5 PW = 0/2
    Spoiler: Other things. 

I of the storm
    Fantasy, Horror, Psychological, Mystery
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default The Death of a Star

The multiverse is filled with stars. An eternity of darkness lit sparsely by brilliant points of light. Brilliant, but fragile.

Every once in awhile, a star dies, and the multiverse becomes a little darker. Cruelly, it seems that often the brightest stars are extinguished first. Heedlessly burning with all their might, to give as much of their radiance to the dark expanse as they can, without thought to their own survival. Selfless heroes, who suffer the fate of all martyrs.

--
    Upon a field of gilt grass swaying softly in the gentle breeze, the Magistrate gazed grimly toward the night sky. The glimmering firmament was beautiful. A seemingly endless expanse of beauty and light.

But he knew better.

Behind the astral glow was a creeping void. With every star that died, the void grew closer, until one day nothing but darkness would remain. Tapping the butt of his bronze staff firmly against the ground, the Magistrate turned his eyes from the heavens and focused on the horizon, where wooded hills stood sillhouetted against the twilight sky. Not for the first time, he wondered if he was doing the right thing. But it was too late to question. Too late to turn back. Brushing his staff along the dew-kissed grass, the Magistrate drew the aether about him, and teleported.

He stepped onto soft heather, and glanced down at the bed of flowers on which he now stood. A single tree rose into the sky, and beneath its boughs were two figures cast in a faint spectral glow by starlight. One sat with his back to the tree, leaning on his golden staff and staring listlessly into the darkness. The second lay nearby, golden hair strewn about his head, eyes dead and broken.

The man with the staff straightened as the Magistrate approached. He stood, a humble figure in grey and white robes. There was a heaviness about his eyes that indicated a lack of sleep.

"Why are you here?"

The man's voice had an accusatory tone to it, for which the Magistrate could hardly blame him.

"His will is gone. He has failed. There is no place for him here any longer."

The anger blazing in the young mage's eyes was impossible to miss.

"I saw his thoughts. I saw his pain. I saw everything that you put him through. And now you're just going to send him to whatever hell you have in store for your 'failed experiments'?"

It was closer to the truth than the Magistrate cared for.

"This is not your concern, Kaern. It must be done."

The mage straightened his shoulders, and his eyes sparked with sudden eldritch power.

"I won't let you."

The Magistrate smiled sadly. "So be it."

With a gentle wave of his hand, the mage was gone. He would find himself in another part of the Proving Grounds, and carry on his quest one way or another.

The red-cloaked man stepped over to Alessandro's catatonic body, and kneeled beside him, staring down into the honest eyes that had seen so much horror. Could he truly subject the poor boy to an eternity of the same?

The Magistrate stared down into the Aasimar's eyes for a full minute, before gently touching his staff to the boy's chest. Alessandro's clothes began to sparkle, and soon dissolved into motes of gold dust. The boy's flesh began to do the same, his body turning into glimmering light that persisted for a moment, struggling against the darkness, giving off a last spark of radiance before fading into the abyss.

--

Alessandro's vision was blurred. His eyes hazy. He could smell lavender distantly, but all he could make out was a glimpse of silky black hair.

Moments passed, and now his sight took in a delicate body, the form of a woman. A pair of slender arms wrapped themselves around his body, pulling him close, into a tender, motherly embrace.

And then blissful oblivion.

RPAs Frilly Ninja
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Spoiler: co-post with Evening 

Both Avatar and Signature was drawn by Issy

I of the storm
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Dezeroth and Karrha

A clear day was dawning. The oppressive blanket of clouds that had smothered the sky had receded, casting the moorland in wane but warming light. The castle (or what was left of it) was less imposing by day than it had appeared in the stormy darkness. As the sun began to climb into the sky, a voice boomed across the moor, reaching their ears forcefully. It was the voice of the magistrate.

"For all those of you who remain undaunted by your challenges thus far, your penultimate day in the Proving Grounds awaits you. Wanderers, I have altered the fabric of this world in anticipation of your journeys to come. As you travel, you will find yourselves moving much more quickly across this land. And one more thing. I offer you a final warning. Starting at dawn of the next day, exactly twenty-three hours and seventeen minutes from now, death on this plane will become permanent."

Tala

The gentle moonlight of Valon Elendra did not fade, but Tala could tell that morning had come by the pale light shining a little more brightly through the trees, waking her from her well-deserved slumber. All around her, elves were gathering - dozens of them - tattooed, scarred and fierce. One of them, a woman of about thirty looked to Tala with keen yellow eyes as she awoke.

"Good morning." The voice was Keira's. Evidently this was her human form. "The pack has been assembled, and we're almost ready to hunt." Her tone was solemn and grave, but even as she finished speaking another voiced echoed across the woods. The smooth, velvet voice of the Magistrate.

"For all those of you who remain undaunted by your challenges thus far, your penultimate day in the Proving Grounds awaits you. Wanderers, I have altered the fabric of this world in anticipation of your journeys to come. As you travel, you will find yourselves moving much more quickly across this land. And one more thing. I offer you a final warning. Starting at dawn of the next day, exactly twenty-three hours and seventeen minutes from now, death on this plane will become permanent."

Keira simply raised an eyebrow at Tala as the others went about their business. It seemed that none of them had noticed this voice that to her seemed rather loud.

JuliusFreft
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Dezeroth opened his eyes, looked over to Karrha, smiled, and then looked up and stretched. Getting up, he stood, brushed himself down, did a light whirl and gathered a small breeze, moving it down his hair like a comb. One last fluff of his hair and he air-brushed his robes really quickly. While he'd like to give them a more in-depth cleaning, they apparently didn't have an abundance of time. Not that Dezeroth anticipated he'd need much more--Fighting fellow humans was something of a specialty of their home-world--But he'd rather have the insurance.

Reaching out, he grasped Purple Waltz. And so another day of adventure and toil begins. Are you ready, friend? He smiled over at the blade and walked over to the enchanted amulet among the other magical pieces and donned it. While its ability was of limited use by itself, his own magic would more than make up for its deficiencies.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Karrha roused as Dezeroth tidied himself up. She watched him for a moment before stretching herself and began to get up. The announcement from an unidentifiable source informed them of their shortening time. She hadn't been aware that there was a time limit before hand. Perhaps the overseer of whatever morbid game this was, was getting board. "Well, I guess we'll have to use whatever boon not dying permanently gives us as much as we can." She grumbled. She'd rather not die a second time but what would permanent death be like if they died here? Best not think about it.

She looked down at her Nightgown and pursed her lips together for a moment. Since they would be traveling a lot today she'd prefer to Stick with something easy to move in. Simple britches and a tunic would suit well enough. She watched the gown start to shift to fit the primes of the outfit before she grabbed her bow, checking the string again. If it happened to snap she'd taken a few extras. She put it over her shoulder and began putting her belt on with her herb pouch and quiver.

It was only the first day, but she was starting to warm up to the garment. It was just to bad it was stuck in the shade of reds. "Right, If I remember correctly we have a new objective north-west?" She inquired looking to the mage. "Waring factions and politics.. probably." She said running her fingers through her hair to give it some semblance of order.

RPAs Frilly Ninja
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

When Tala woke up, she jumped up, not having expected the sheer number, but relaxed than when she hear Talas' voice. Only to jump again when she heard the Magistrates voice, she took a deep breathe and let it out. Wondering why she was being so jumpy, before looking up at Keira. Wondering if the alpha heard the voice or if the eyebrow was because of all of her jumpiness. She stood up and brushed herself off though, if she could get this matter settled. Maybe she should go and find Karrha and the mage, she didn't know what the overlord of this realm had in mind. Though she both preferred to keep those that weren't as lucky, or unlucky depending on how you look at it, as she was out of harms way and to try to not be alone for whatever is to come... It simply wasn't how a wolf was.

She smiled to Keira, whispering, mostly to herself, "I don't suppose you heard that?" Before, shaking her head and sighed, "nevermind," she added. Before saying, "Tell me, you guys almost being ready to hunt, means an actual hunt and not the possible battle to come?"

Both Avatar and Signature was drawn by Issy

JuliusFreft
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

The mage watched as she reformed the dress into something more easy to move in. It was good that she was warming up to it, although of course he wished he'd been able to grant it the ability to change colors. At the mention of their
    task, Dezeroth sighed, "Yes--Warring factions to the north-west. I suppose we should get this chore out of the way while we still can." He gestured toward one of the towers, "For the time being, we can ride a sand-slide down part of the way. I don't see why we should walk more than necessary, after all."

Climbing one of the remaining towers, Dezeroth would lightly brush his hands along the wall, gathering sand along the way, following him in an ever-growing wave. Once they'd topped the tower, he turned toward Karrha and offered her his hand, the sand flowing around them. "Now then--Shall we be off?" (-5 spells)

I of the storm
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Karrha and Dezeroth

Purple Waltz replied almost instantly to Dezeroth, the blade twisting slightly in his hand, guiding his wrist to the side as the sword was stretching. "This will be my first adventure, actually. I must say I'm rather looking forward to it... I hope you don't intend on adopting pacifism for it? I'd feel very unloved, I have to say..."

Tala

Keira looked slightly quizzical at the question, but said nothing more of it. Indeed, it seemed that she'd heard nothing. Her expression turned into a wry smile at Tala's question. "Indeed. We still need to eat, after all. We can't cross the borders into Ales Elendra, where most of the game is, but there are animals here in plenty... so long as one knows where to look." A few other elves stretched and their forms rippled and bristled with fur as they assumed wolf forms.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Karrha followed the mage up to the tower top. "You sound like your looking forward to this scuffle to be." She said smirking slightly recalling their previous conversation about this situation they would be walking into. She watched him brush his hands across the wall, pulling more of the castle into his magic as they climbed. Sometimes she wondered if he just did things s he could use it. When they finely reached the top and Dezeroth turned to her offering his hand she took it. "I think we shall." she responded.

Page 125 of 126 FirstFirst ... 75123124125126 LastLast