Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] Skyrim: Rise of the Stormcloaks

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Historical, Parody, Original
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Elisif tilted her head to the side at Talon taking her hands and suggested she have her children blessed by the Divines.

"Of course, Talon. But, such things are traditionally done after the children are born, are they not?" she asked with a small chuckle, "I will certainly go to the temple before we depart and ask for a blessing upon our travels and also my pregnancy," she said with a nod and a kind smile, "Thank you for reminding me.

She turned to Liam, looking rather surprised at his determination to remain at her side. She was, she had to admit, impressed at him speaking up for he always seemed silent when it was clear he wanted to speak. She gave him a small smile of approval and nodded to him and was about to confirm that he would accompany her when his brothers chimed in. First, the elder of them started by berating him, which made her blood boil, but Liam's younger brother soon came to his defense and it eased.

"It's settled then. Liam will be joining us on the trip. I would also like Salendrial or Amber to come along to assist with my pregnancy. One should stay as a healer for the army should they be needed. Ali, as I said before, I would like you to show me around. Then you may rejoin the others back in Skyrim. They will need your expertise," she turned to Talon again, "Talon, though I appreciate you in the role of my adviser, I feel as though you would be more capable here to assist in tactics and also to keep Raven connected since-- if I have anything to do with it-- he will be joining me as well," she smiled lightly, but glanced at Liam and then it faded. This could prove to be awkward... and that seemed an understatement. She supposed it was what it was, letting out a sigh of acceptance, "Lucine, you will definitely be needed here. Aura and Adra..." she thought for a moment, "Perhaps you should stay behind as well," she finally turned to Camilla, whom she wasn't sure how she felt about just yet, "Camilla, you should accompany us to Solstheim as well unless you feel as though you would be of more use here. It's up to you," Elisif then turned to address the whole of them again, "Should anything come up that would affect these arrangements, please speak with Talon or Falk and they will report to me," she nodded, then turning to Talon and taking her down the hallway with her, out of earshot of Liam.

"Talon, we should see to more travel preparations and perhaps I shall relax in the bath afterwards. If you see Raven, do let me know," she smiled, "I'd rather tell him the news myself, if you don't mind. I'll be interested to see his reaction. Surely he will view it as a blessing as I do," she said, resting her palms on her stomach and looking down at the small bump that seemed to have grown slightly even over the past couple of days with a dreamy look. With that, she excused herself.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elisif walked about the palace carrying out business throughout the day and giving orders. She occasionally would glance at the doorway hoping to see Raven return early, but it seemed his business would keep him away most of the day. The news of her twins was eating at her and she simply couldn't wait to tell him.

Late afternoon and early evening came and Elisif found herself exhausted after dining, eating a rather hearty meal since her appetite had picked up. She had been dealing with a rather constant nausea and had just learned to ignore it for the most part, so it was nice to have what seemed like a break from that.

A half an hour after dinner or so, she decided she would get ready for bed and head to her private bath, walking through the back courtyard to do so. She entered the bath and disrobed, sinking into the hot water and feeling the tension in her shoulders melt away. She missed Raven, his face occupying her thoughts throughout the day and up until now.

She had informed her female guards, one of which was Camilla, stationed outside the bath to let him enter should he return. There was no use hiding their relationship, she knew. So, she could at least see him as soon as he returned this way.
    https://i.imgur.com/cFZlNYP.png
    Awesome Signature set by Hayabusa

Medieval Fantasy, Apocalyptic, War, Zombies
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Wraith returned to the Blue Palace later than he intended, having spent the remainder of the day dispatching correspondence via Ravens from the Proudspire Manor, including a letter to Delvin Mallory requesting the artisan whom had helped restore the Dawnstar Sanctuary be brought to Solitude to do even more extensive work.

That finished, he had then went back to the Smith to commission a set of leather armor that was similar enough to his shrouded armor to be comfortable, but different enough that nobody would question it.

Now, as he walked the hallways of the Palace he sought Elisif, thinking of nothing more than pulling her into his embrace and reliving their previous activities. Following directions from a guard, he quickly found her guards standing outside her private bath, where they eyed him with equal measure of curious desire and suspicion even as they stepped aside to let him in.

Once inside, he paused to let his eyes adjust to the room, seeing the Jarl resting with most of her body submerged in the steaming bath, eyes closed and seemingly unaware of his presence. Grateful for his sleeveless tunic, he approached with muffled footfalls until he stood just behind her where he knelt, eyeing her nude body through the water with increasing arousal.

Grinning wickedly, the Assassin reached down to her shoulders, fingers kneading the muscles there with expert precision. Bending so that his lips rested just behind her ear, he caressed her neck with a gentleness that a Thief would admire, his lips nipping her ear before nibbling the skin above her carotid artery.

"Enjoying your bath, your Majesty?" He teased, murmuring in her ear.

Elisif jumped slightly when she felt hands on her shoulders, then giving way to laughter as she turned and embraced him tightly around his neck, coming up part way out of the water and no doubt soaking most of his clothes in the process.

"I missed you! Where in Nirn have you been? Never mind--" she cut herself off, "I'm not sure I want to know," she shook her head with a laugh and greeted him further with a quick and gentle kiss, now looking at him with an 'I know something you don't know' expression. She tried to hide a smile, but it was too much for her. She grinned widely.

"I'm having twins, Raven," she laughed, almost feeling as delighted as she had before upon hearing the news herself, "I found out right after you left! Twins!" she exclaimed, nearly pulling him into the water as she hugged him again. Releasing him, she pulled herself up onto the side of the bath, but left her feet in the water. She took his hand and placed it on her stomach, "Raven, there are two lives in there... I don't know how but I love them so much already. I can't wait until they are here... But..." she still wore a smile, but it faded slightly, "I have decided I'll go into hiding in Morrowind until they are born for their safety. I--I don't know how that will affect... what we have, here. Would you be able to go with me?" she asked, eyes large and doe-like, glimmering with hope. She put a hand on his cheek, "What are you thinking?"

Staring into Elisif's bright blue eyes as they searched his own silver gaze for comfort, seeking to find acceptance and joy for the news of her children, the Halfbreed felt all of those things and more. It didn't matter he hadn't been the father who sired them, that they would bear the blood of another; the thought of raising children with Elisif was all that mattered. It would be an honor for her to trust him enough to allow him into their lives.

Smiling, he reached up and cupped the hand against his cheek with his own, pulling it from his face to kiss her palm, his silver gaze never leaving hers.

"I'm thinking of an autumn day walking through forests filled with the laughter of children, Winters spent in front of the hearth regaling them with tales, springs spent in gardens chasing them, and summers picking berries off the beaten path." Wraith said, kissing Elisif softly, nipping her bottom lip as had become his habit.

"I'm thinking of dinners filled with children's chatter, and a fair woman's laughter; your laughter. That is what I'm thinking of." He finished, removing his tunic and his boots, followed by his pants as he made Elisif stand in the tub before pulling her down into the water with him upon his lap as he wrapped his arms around her from behind. "I'm thinking twins will give them someone to play with as I try to convince you to remain in your bedchambers that we might give them more brothers and sisters."

Elisif melted into his embrace, leaning her head back on his chest as they sat in the shallow bathing area. His words effectively massaged her brain, conjuring up all sorts of emotions from within her. She felt as if she loved this man. Was it truly so bad to feel like this so shortly after her husband had died? Didn't she deserve to feel love again?

She further wrapped his arms around her slightly rounded waist with her arms over top his, feeling safe and comforted.

"You have some strong feelings, considering you only thought of me as little more than an employer a day and a half ago. Now you're saying you see us as a family," she smiled softly, still leaning into his arms, "I suppose I said something similar last night, but I'm known for my dramatics," she chuckled, "Especially with these children already making me crazy."

"Tell me," she lifted her head and then turned to face him, sitting with her knees folded beneath her, "What is it you are so captivated by? What makes me any different from any of the women you've been with?" she smirked playfully, "And don't be lewd!" she laughed

Wraith chuckled at Elisif's demand that he not be lewd even as he pondered an answer to her question. The short answer was that she was wrong, he had thought of her as more than an employer from the start. But his family came first, and so he'd put his attraction for her aside for the benefit of the Brotherhood. The strength and determination she'd shown time and time again had only whetted his attraction to her, and even though she sometimes infuriated him, her ability to wear her emotions openly was something that he had come to appreciate.

"There was an assignment I was tasked with once; a man had collaborated with bandits to get a share of their plunder. He'd gather information for them, then they'd give him his pick of the plunder." Wraith started, his tone taking on a weariness.

"For three days I shadowed this man. You'd never know what he'd been up to. He was always playing with his children, showing affection for his wife." Wraith lifted one of Elisif's hands, eyeing it as though it held everything. "I would watch them as they sat down to dinner together, sharing their day with each other. And then at night, the mother would walk into the children's bedroom with a candle and watch them sleep with this content look on her face. It made me realize that I'd never have that. I don't regret who or what I am, and I will never give up my role as Listener. But I also wanted something more than that."

Smiling, Wraith brought his arm back down to wrap around Elisif in an embrace as he caressed the back of her neck nibbling the flesh over her spine. "And then I met you. You were indignant, bound to retain your dignity. Less concerned with having an assassin in your room than someone finding out. It amused me, how you talked back to me as though I was just like anybody else."

Touching her lips with his fingertip, he regarded the beauty that sat in his embrace. "And then I tried to give you away to Starkad, even though you weren't mine to give. I thought he could be the husband and father you needed for yourself and your children. That the bond between you two would be the binding of Skyrim. Talon believed me callous, that my attempts to manipulate you were solely for the political favor it would accrue."

Wraith cupped her chin, turning her to face him, matching her blue eyes with his own silver gaze. "When he left, that was the moment I decided you would be mine. That for so long as you want to be mine, you shall continue to be. I'm not seeking a Kingship, or a higher station. I have no need for such things. The only thing I'm seeking by being with you, is you. Nothing less." Nipping her bottom lip between his own, he could feel her warm flesh against his own as his hands began roaming over her body aimlessly.

She kissed him back for a few moments, pulling herself closer to him while his hands wandered. She pulled away and regarded him kindly, "I suppose it is my turn now," she smiled, stilling hanging off of his neck, "You answered my desperate call for help. You arrived immediately knowing what you wanted in return for helping me. It didn't phase you when I threw up on your shoes," she laughed for a few seconds at this recollection.

"Before you left, I remember taking your hands and looking in your eyes. What I saw was a man who was missing something and yet he couldn't figure out what, so he simply went about his business hoping that he might stumble upon it-- hoping that I might be the one to help him find it," she kissed the underside of his jaw near his ear, "But I don't think I expected things to go this way at all... though I am pleasantly surprised," she lowered her voice to nary a whisper, then letting go of him and stepping out of the tub, grabbing a towel that had been hanging on a hook on the wall for her. She smirked, knowing that she was teasing him and that he was likely to drag her back into the water.

"Before you pull me back in the water-- I find that certain things simply aren't worth it while submerged," she laughed, "Help me get some more things ready for Morrowind and then we'll retire. I do ask that you come with me," she paused, drying her hair with the towel, still standing there nude, "You didn't answer my question. Did you think I wouldn't notice? Surely your duties can be managed just as well out there. The others can handle things for just a while, right?" she lowered the towel and then wrapped herself in it, water beading and rolling down her chest.

"You wouldn't want to miss my children's first kicks from my womb, would you? And I might perhaps need to send you out to retrieve food that I must have," she chuckled, "Furthermore I need someone to hold my hair back in the morning when I'm ill," she laughed again, leaning against the wall and looking at him affectionately, "You do realize what you have signed up for, do you not? The good, the bad, the ugly. It's all yours, darling. I'll be upset for no reason and there won't be anything you can do to make it better. If I tell you what to do to make it better, you will probably do it wrong and I'll be irritated with you for no good reason. I might say things I don't mean in the pits of despair," she recalled many of the things she had heard of women going through during pregnancy.

"I've never done this before. I'm actually as terrified as I am happy. So Raven, please, my dear," she pushed away from the wall and walked up to him again, "Please be there so I can crush your hand in my labor pains," she smiled sardonically and let out a small and breathy laugh, partly unsure of how he would respond, "So you can kiss my forehead when my children finally arrive and you can tell me how proud you are of me..." she felt tears well up as she looked forward to this occasion in her mind with excitement and terror simultaneously, "I know you have many things to attend to... but please, make it work to accompany me."

Wraith smiled at her recollection of their meeting, remembering it quite well himself. It seemed like an eternity ago, and yet it hadn't been very long at all. With a chuckle at the thought of how he'd woken her, he mused how odd that it would become a regular occurrence. The fates had certainly weaved an intricate web for things to have come so far in so little time.

Watching the Jarl's nude form as she stepped out of the tub to dry off, he smirked at her even as she rambled on about the things he could expect from her in the future. It was amusing how she seemed to think that all of those things would change the way he felt, the way he thought of her or their relationship. With a groan borne of stiff muscles in spite of the warm bath, the assassin stood, baring his scars that covered his body to serve as reminders of his violent past. Without the least bit of modesty, he closed the distance between them until their bodies touched, breath mingling as he looked into her deep blue eyes with a mischief that promised to culminate soon even as he reached past her to retrieve his own towel to dry off.

Elisif pressed up against him willingly, putting her arms around him again with a smile of adoration, looking up at those silver eyes that haunted her in the best of ways.

"I did answer your question." he commented off-offhandedly. "Who you are is what captivates me. Everything that makes you different from your honesty to your determination intrigues me, and the way you act proper in public but very much less than proper behind closed doors..." A wicked smile graced his lips as his sinful gaze raked over her nude form with his arousal plain to see. Chuckling, he continued. "You have a sharp mind and sharper wit. It makes you unpredictable, and it always makes me wonder what you're going to do or say next."

Elisif blushed slightly at his comment of her being scandalous behind closed doors, even as she noticed he was excited to be close to her again. She sighed with a laugh and shook her head.

Reaching up to cup her cheek, he smiled. "And if you think anything will keep me from being with you as you bear these children into this world, then you're mistaken. I plan on waking up beside you for as many mornings as the Night Mother permits."

She put her hand over his on her cheek and continued gazing up at him for a few moments until his last words rang in her ears again.

"Permits?" she asked, stepping back and watching him half suspiciously, "I'm not sure if I understand, but you make it sound as though if she told you to stay away from me, that you would."

"Does she have that much say in your personal life? Because, I have to admit, my devotion to the Divines might falter if they asked something like that of me for you," she furrowed her brows and resumed drying off and then redressing in her Jarl's uniform for the walk back to her quarters.

"I suppose it begs the question-- would you?" she asked, but then she immediately felt bad for asking such a question, "I--I'm sorry. I didn't mean to ask that..." she shook her head, "I'm just still afraid that something or someone will take another person I love away from me and--" she blinked and covered her mouth, "By the nine! I can't stop myself from digging a grave!" she exclaimed in reference to her perhaps premature declaration of love.

She huffed, frustrated with herself, "What I mean is... I will worry about you. What if something happens to you? It's not unlikely in your line of work that a tragedy might befall you... or even me to get to you."

"I suppose we have some things to consider, Raven," she sighed again, but walked back up to him and hugged him with her head resting on his chest, "Is it selfish of us to be together?" she asked, brows furrowing in worry as they often did, looking up at him, "I feel as though the answer is both 'yes' and 'no'."

Wraith shook his head as she worried over his words. "It is true that the Night Mother speaks to me, but no, she does not interfere with my personal life nor those of others. It is purely to instruct me on how to serve the will of Sithis."

"Even then, I can delegate tasks. Whenever there's a contract, I notify a Speaker who then notifies a matron of the nearest family, who sends a member to meet with the client. These days it's rather simplified with only one family left, and one Speaker and one Matron. With that being said, sometimes, I have to take care of things myself." Wraith explained, eyeing Elisif warily.

"You need to understand, Elisif: I am not just an Assassin. It's not my profession or lifestyle, it is who I am. I am Assassin. Wraith is the name my mother bestowed upon me just before she died giving birth to me because I was to be the Brotherhoods Legacy. I had learned to use a dagger at an age before most are taught to read. I made my first kill when most my age were seeking their first courtship. When I look around a room, I don't just see silk curtains and mahogany tables; I see access points like doors and windows, tapestries and paintings that hide secret passages and safes. I have memorized every street of every city in Skyrim. When I look at a person I notice their armor, their weapons, jewelery, stance, are they left or right handed, whether they have a slight limp or a twitch. All of those things are second nature to me, and that's not going to change." Wraith folded his arms over his chest, his expression sincere.

"I am not some Noble or farmer. When I die, it will be as an Assassin. Whether it's by blade or poison, it doesn't matter. That is my way. My choice. But..." He trailed off, stroking Elisif's cheek with a finger. "That will not happen anymore time soon. And I plan on spending my life with you. I would slay anyone for a single moment with you."

Stroking her lips with a finger, he met her gaze before pulling her body against his and claimed her lips with his own, letting her scent and taste fill his senses as one of his hands groped her buttocks while the other stroked her hair. After a long moment that seemed both too soon and an eternity, he pulled away and smiled, the slightest hint of regret in his eyes. "I cannot say with certainty that this will not end in tragedy. But I give you my word that I will stand at your back, that the world might never overtake us."

Elisif accepted the kiss, but seemed less enthusiastic about returning it as she had before. Worry was still written all over her face when she looked back up at him.

"I should have known all of this..." she said quietly, feeling regretful as well in a way, "I guess we have said and done too many things to go back now. So we'll make this work if at all possible."

She hugged him, resting her head on his chest again and nuzzling her cheek into it, "Thank you for being patient with me."

She stepped back again and took his hand, "Come on," she said with a smirk, tugging his hand, "Get dressed and let's... revisit how this started in the first place. Somewhere more comfortable."

Elisif kissed him passionately one last time and then looked at him scandalously before walking towards the door, "I'll meet you in my quarters," she said, opening the door and slipping out.

"This isn't going to end well, is it?" he muttered after she left, donning his clothes. "We can only stare into the Void for so long before we find Sithis staring back." he quoted, an adage he had learned at a young age as a reminder that the violence he dealt would likely be the very thing that would claim his life. It was words that he lived by each day, knowing that his death would be as bloody as his life had been. It was his acceptance of this fact that freed him from the worries that plagued many soldiers who strained under that life in which he thrived.

Shaking his head to rid himself of the premonition, he finished clothing himself and stepped out of the room to follow Elisif. Tonight he wasn't worried about the War, the hazards of his profession, nor anything else. Tonight he would assuage Elisif's fears and remind her of the better things she could continue to expect in their future. Stepping through their bedroom door, he had one objective in mind that he planned to ensure was fully satisfied.

Repeatedly.

RPAs White Knight
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

As night fell and the moons Messar and Secunda rose Lucine, along with Camilla and Caleb, waited outside the gate. A message regarding the sudden change of Liam being with them in the army, despite the order that had Elisif's seal attached to it, had made Lucine sigh and just shake her head. "Lucine, the Conclave is meeting at midnight, you better have your second sorted out" Caleb said. "I sent word to Liam for him to join us." Lucine said to which Caleb nodded. "Are you sure the Conclave will join you?" Another voice from behind her asked. "Well they have me and Caleb, hopefully Leonidas and Ysgrim also agree" Lucine said, turning and looking at her father. "As for the others, well...you know what the Valenwood and Black Marsh delegations have been dealing with lately" Timur said. Lucine nodded, rumours had been rampant of possible problems in Valenwood, Black Marsh and sections of Morrowind, but the plan to send Elisif to Morrowind wouldn't be close enough to those areas to cause any problems, since the reported Thalmor incursions had been in Southern and Eastern Morrowind, targeting Houses Dres and Telvanni. Solstheim was off the north-western coast, deep in house Redoran territory, Elisif and her guardians would be safe there. Liam, Camilla, Talon and Raven, an interesting group considering both Raven and Liam were vying for Elisif's heart, although Lucine knew she had made her choice, she knew advising Liam on that would be for naught. "Even if we just get Ysgrim we'd still have plenty of support" Camilla said. "Speaking of which, our stance is to back up Lucine" Caleb said to Camilla. "Of course, let's just hope it's enough" Camilla said.

Thank you to Alice for making my sig and avi <3

Spoiler:  

Fantasy, Historical, Parody, Original
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

The next morning, Elisif awoke before Raven, feeling his arm draped over her as it had been the morning before. She was facing him, back turned to the edge of the bed. Her blue eyes roved over his features awaiting the moment he would wake to greet her. With a smile she bumped their foreheads together and laughed quietly, "Good morning, Raven," she said, pulling the blankets over them as she cuddled against him.

"I think that after last night I might be satisfied for quite some time," she nodded and wore a serious look for a few seconds, but then laughed, "I'm only kidding. Come here, you."

She proceeded to resume their activities with a passionate kiss and hands wandering his body intertwining her limbs with his and rolling to and fro upon their bed. In the midst of their affections she opened her eyes, seeing flowers on her nightstand. She pulled away half way, "Raven, what's that?" she asked, "Did you put flowers here?" she started to climb off of him and smiled as she picked one up, but then dropped it when she saw a dagger next to it.

"What in Oblivion?" she asked, knowing for sure it had not been Raven now.

It was then that was startled by a blood curdling scream. Her eyes widened and she looked at Raven for a moment before shooting out of bed and dressing as quickly as she could, hearing an uproar of activity afterwards and many distressed voices shouting at each other.

"Elisif! Please come quickly!" Falk pounded on the door, "I'm sorry to interrupt your-- whatever you were doing, but please hurry!"

"Okay, okay!" Elisif yelled back pulling her shoes on and finally opening the door to see a very distressed looking Falk.

"There... is something you need to see in the servant's quarters. Raven, you might want to come see this as well," he gestured for them to follow him, "This way."

He lead them downstairs and stopped outside the entrance of the servant's quarters where they could hear hysterical weeping from inside. He took a deep breath, "You might want to prepare yourself."

He opened the door to reveal a gruesome scene; a maidservant lay dead in a pool of blood upon her bed covered in nightshade with an ebony dagger placed in her hands.

Elisif covered her mouth and tears welled up but she didn't make a noise. She couldn't believe what she was seeing. After ten seconds or so, she looked at Raven and slowly lowered her palm from her mouth.

Falk furrowed his brows, and proceeded to explain further, "She just woke up and saw her... the other servant. We aren't sure how no one was awoken by the act itself."

Elisif gulped, trying to swallow the flurry of emotions going on inside her, "Th-then it must have happened somewhere else and she w-was moved afterwards..."

"Word is that something similar happened to Jarl Silverblood and Grey-Mane while at the Palace of Kings in Windhelm-- only they didn't lay dead in the middle of their beds. Only the flowers and daggers were left, as if to be a threat of some sort," he explained and then sighed again, "Elisif, it's good that you are not going to be here much longer..." he looked at Raven now, "Er-- Raven, you're a man of cunning. What do you think of this?"

Elisif was now kneeling next to the wailing maidservant, placing a hand on her shoulder as she wept over her friend, "I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry..." Elisif repeated, hugging the woman from the side and causing her to turn to Elisif and weep into her shoulder. Elisif wrapped her arms around her, "Shhhh..." she tried to calm her and stroked her hair, feeling deep empathy for the woman, "We'll figure this out and find who is responsible. We'll have a ceremony for her burial as soon as we can."
    https://i.imgur.com/cFZlNYP.png
    Awesome Signature set by Hayabusa

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Wraith awoke once more to a warmth that he was finding he rather enjoyed, as his eyes opened to find Elisif's staring back at him. Smiling, he stroked her hair back from her face before cupping her cheek gently as he kissed her back. As she pulled herself up against him and her hands wandered over his body, he could feel a possessiveness take over him, and he knew he didn't want to be kept from her. Regardless of the risks, regardless of the consequences, the only thing he wanted was to remain with her. To feel loved in a way that no one else had loved him. Talon had been an occasional lover, merely being with him because they were each other's only constant. Elisif was much more than that, and he couldn't imagine ever surrendering her to anyone else ever again.

When Elisif stopped suddenly and pointed out the dagger and flower, Wraith went cold. Immediately the reality of their situation shattered the rose-colored glass that he hadn't even felt come over his mind. Reaching out, he gripped the handle of the ebony dagger and studied it, reminded of his most recent message to the Jarls. Hearing a scream, Wraith rolled out of the bed and pulled on his trousers even as his right hand lifted one of his swords from the ground, the dagger in his left. Moving in front of Elisif to ensure there was no threat to her, they found the dead maidservant.

At Falk's question, Wraith's silver eyes met his and flashed, making the older man wince. "This wasn't a message meant for you. It's mine. Falk, did you do like I asked when I sent Morgaine to speak with you? About equipping the guards with at least one silver weapon apiece?" he asked, his tone urgent.

"Y-yes, I did. They've been commissioned. Why? How is that related to who did this?" Falk asked, sounding concerned.

Wraith cursed, his hand brushing his hair back from his face as he eyed the maidservant. "Someone I should've killed a long time ago." Looking to Elisif, an expression of determination overtook his features. "I'm going to find the one who did this, and I'll bring you his head. This I swear to you."

Seeing Talon, he motioned for her to approach before stepping close that nobody else could here. "This was him. I want Morgaine to be guarding Elisif, and you need to tell Tar-Shei to do the same from a distance. You're going to help me find the Bastard." Looking back at Falk, he glanced at Elisif before speaking. "Purchase some silver swords. Give them to your best warriors and post them around Elisif at all times. He might try to come for her once he learns I'm on his trail."

Seeing the advisor nod, Wraith turned back to Elisif. Cupping her face, his silver gaze met her blue eyes as he drank in the sight of her. "I'm sorry. I have to go take care of this, or we'll never be safe." Bringing his forehead to hers, he kissed her lightly. "I promise to come back."

Elisif released the woman and stood up to say goodbye to Raven, feeling like her heart was breaking at his words even though she knew he had to leave. This seemed serious. The fact that he had the faintest look of worry scared her to death even as he kissed her goodbye.

"R-Raven," she followed him out the door, stopping him at the bottom of the stairs, pulling him into a tight hug. She loosened her grip and stared up at him, fearing that she might never see him again once he left.

"I love you."

Wraith smiled as all worry and concern drained away at her words. Lifting her chin, he kissed her once more with a passion that spoke of his longing to remain with her. Biting her bottom lip, he eyed her again and focused with an intensity not unlike what he did when he observed a place before deciding on how to attack, seeing every line and curve, memorizing everything.

"I know." he smirked, rubbing his thumb over her lips. "I love you too, Elisif." Pulling one of his personal daggers, he handed it to Elisif, the blade glowing with a red ethereal light. "Stay safe, El. I'll be back for that, and for you. I promise."

Reaching up with his hand, he slid the back of it from her jawline to down the side of her neck, tracing his knuckles between her breasts before cupping her belly as he pressed against her with the wall behind her. Resting his cheek against hers with his lips next to her ear, he reached up with his other hand to stroke her hair. "Together, we can have the future I spoke to you about. With the dining hall filled with laughter and berries picked by me and the children. When I return, we'll continue working towards that future."

Hearing Talon cough discreetly behind him, he smiled at Elisif and left even as Talon eyed Elisif with something akin to affection before following the Listener.
    Last edited by Rayne7; 10-12-2017 at 09:36 PM.

RPAs White Knight
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Upon seeing what had happened Camilla's usually friendly demenor faded. "Who the fuck was in charge of security for the Palace last night!" she shouted. One of the guards raised his hand. "Look at this! Take a close look! Clearly your security didn't fucking work! Clearly there was a breach!" she said, almost shoving the man's face into the dead maidservant. She then let him go, still shooting daggers at him with her eyes. "I-I'm sorry..." he started to say. "You're sorry?! You're sorry?! Go tell that to this poor girl's family! See how forgiving they are, you just got their daughter killed!" she shouted. She dismissed the guard, and took a deep breath before calmly walking to the throne room where Elisif would be waiting. "Lady Elisif, the ship will be ready in a couple of days, it took some storm damage while on patrol the other night, we also have news that the Stormcloak fleet out of Dawnstar is being used to blockade the border with Morrowind so we'll have to go the long way around" she said. "Also myself, Caleb and Lucine went to meet with some friends of ours last night, and thanks to them we have some....less then conventional allies on our side now, but you wont need to worry about them that much, they'll be outside the cities mostly, and you'll be on Solstheim, one of the groups though live there too so they'll help with your security" she added.

Lucine was out at the gates of Solitude again, this time with the army. They were loading up carts and their own packs. "Alright, soldiers! We will be going on a march! It'll take at least three days, in which time you will learn how to make camp as if it is real combat! Now, let's move out!" she ordered. She took her position at the head of the column of soldiers, mostly infantry and archers, with a couple of cavalry with them. All of these were either guards who had switched to the army, or new recruits and the greenest of the soldiers that had been bright over. They marched towards Dragon Bridge where they would cross the river, and into the wilderness near The Reach.

Spoiler:  

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Talon noted a marked difference between the man who had spoken so lovingly to Elisif and the man she followed now. It was uncanny, how different he was. With the Jarl, it was easy to forget that he was one of the most dangerous Assassins in existence, much less the Listener of the Dark Brotherhood. Now though, it was hard to see him as anything less than absolutely lethal. Watching him move with a grace that nature granted only the deadliest of predators, the black cloak flowing around him like a dark shroud, he was every bit the Assassin she knew him to be.

She realized now that there was much to him she didn't know. Seeing him over the past few days, she'd seen a side to him she hadn't known he was capable of having, much less existing. It was a glimpse under his normally dark and stoic personality, and it both made her afraid and gave her hope. If a man like him could find such good things in the world, perhaps so could she.

“You and the Jarl have grown close in a short time.” She commented off-handedly, watching him for a reaction.

Wraith turned his head, and she could feel his attention shift to her, making her slightly uncomfortable. “Are you jealous?” He asked, sounding curiously concerned.

Talon shook her head. “No, just seems that a couple of days ago you were at odds and now you can't stand to be apart, that's all.”

Wraith cocked his head to the side, then nodded. “At first, I think she was just seeking comfort; someone to make her feel less alone. But...things are complicated now.”

Talon snorted. “Do you love her? Truly?” At his nod, she continued. “Then it's not complicated. Do what you have to in order to be with her.”

Wraith stopped, turning to Talon. His silver eyes flashed as the beast within him stirred. “The Blood Prince is only my most immediate threat, not the most deadliest. He was in Elisif's quarters last night as we slept.” Drawing the Ebony dagger from his belt, Wraith displayed it to Talon. “He left this on the table with a Nightshade next to the bed she and I shared.”

Talon eyed the blade, then stared at Wraith. His powers of observation was uncanny as his deductive skills, and it was almost impossible to believe anyone had entered the room without his knowledge. “Then isn't this a trap?” She asked, concerned.

Wraith nodded, seeming rather calm given the circumstances. Talon wondered if the Halfbreed had gone mad, then discarded the thought. She had often thought such since meeting him, and yet the man seemed to have Mephala’s cunning and Nocturnal's luck in addition to being blessed by Sithis.

“So how are we finding them?” She asked, crossing her arms over her chest.

“The scouts have reported two mauled corpses, one on the border near Morthal and the other on the other side of Dragon Bridge. Three people have disappeared on the mountains. To my knowledge there are two caves in the vicinity that would serve as a lair. Of them, one has been used by Vampires before…” he trailed off, the wheels turning in his mind. “Wolfskull would make sense, because of it's strong ties with Potema the Wolf Queen, but then….he’ll be in Pinemoon.” He said, stroking his chin.

Talon raised an eyebrow. “Why's that?” She asked, curious to his reasoning.

“Because there he can raise the dead Vampires and utilize them as well as thralls. And one of them was a Vampire as powerful as he is.” Wraith explained, remembering the job he’d done for Sybille.

Talon nodded. “Makes sense. So what are we going to do?”

“First we need to confirm their location, then we need to know how many there are. We're going hunting.” Wraith stated, a malevolent look in his eyes that sent a chill down Talon’s spine. She was beginning to wonder if this was the same man she’d seen all but making love to Elisif against the wall earlier.

--------------------------------------------------------

It felt good to wear his shrouded armor once more. Feeling the form-fitting leather that both protected him and allowed him maximum flexibility of movement, the hood of his cloak pulled low over his face even as the folds hid his arsenal of weapons from view aside from the bow he held in his left hand, arrow nocked on the string.

Moving in absolute silence, he and Talon moved in unison achieved only by being intimately familiar with the other's way of thinking, each anticipating the other with flawless understanding.

Following the howling down the mountainside they had spent the previous two hours searching, they stopped on a cliff overlooking the road below where a werewolf feasted on a large elk. It was a massive beast, with a black fur stained in blood. Golden eyes glowed, their unearthly light penetrating the shadows.

Seeing movement across the road amidst the wilderness, Wraith could spy another being tracking the werewolf from a distance, little more than a shadow among dozens. Had the Assassin not noted the blood red cloak and pale skin, he might not have known it to be there at all.

“The Vampire will be easier to capture. I’ll take care of the wolf if you take him.” Wraith said, eyeing the best below warily.

Talon glanced at Wraith. “Are you certain you can take care of a werewolf by yourself?”

Remembering his lessons with Arnbjorn, Wraith nodded as he gripped his bow, anticipation filling his veins with a fire that demanded it be fed, craving the blood to be spilled from his enemies. The primordial darkness that resided within him awakened,filling his heart and mind with a need for release.

It is never a good idea to fight a werewolf, son. Their claws rent steel as they do flesh, fangs capable of crushing a man’s skull. If you must fight, a spear would be best: get them to charge, then let them impale themselves much like a boar. The second best weapon is an axe, as it cleaves through muscle, sinew, and bone while being wielded with only one hand. You can forget a quick kill, only the luckiest of fools manage that. You're better off creating as many wounds as you can to weaken it until you can incapacitate it long enough to kill it. There's nothing fancy to it, just stay away from it's claws and fangs.

Bearing this in mind, Wraith stood at the edge of the cliff, as he drew back the arrow. “Go now. Sithis guide you.” He said as he aimed for the beast below. Seeing Talon turn invisible in his peripheral, he inhaled as he aimed, held the breath as he adjusted, then fired upon his exhale.

The arrow struck the werewolf's side, burying the shaft halfway into the creature's flesh, enraging the beast. With a feral howl it turned to face the threat only to find nobody in sight. Sniffing the air, the wolf could only smell the scent of blood and death. It wasn't until it felt a body land atop it's back with the bite of an axe’s blade being buried into the back of it's left shoulder that it became aware of the Assassin's presence.

Turning in time to see Wraith with an axe in either hand, his cloak discarded onto the ground, the beast roared and called forth two wolves that moved to either side of the Assassin in an attempt to flank him. The Halfbreed charged the werewolf, then slid under the swipes of it's claws to come out from beneath the creature where he buried the axe again into it's back, then was forced to duck and backpedal to avoid it's claws once more.

Seeing one of the summoned wolves leap forth towards him in his peripheral, the assassin brutally cleaved the axe into the animal's head, then turned and kicked the second one back, executing it with an axe that removed its head.

The werewolf roared, enraged upon seeing it's summoned familiars slain. A swipe of it's large hand sent Wraith flying, unable to avoid the blow. Rolling with the impact, Wraith came to his knees and executed an uppercut swing with his axe, the blade cutting deep into the side of the beast’s face.

A werewolf is a predator, and like any predator it becomes even more aggressive when enraged. More than once I myself have thrown an enemy, and stood above them before they could came to a stop only to cut them down with my claws.

A swipe from the wolf’s claws scored three deep wounds running from Wraith's left temple to his jawline, exposing muscle and bone beneath the torn flesh. Growling, Wraith cleaved it's hand as it swiped at him again, then buried his other axe into it's chest. Yanking the blade out, he hacked where the shoulder met the beast's neck once, twice, then thrice before pulling his dagger and stabbing it under the jaw, blade embedding itself into the brain and exiting the top of it's skull.

Several moments later, he found Talon standing over the bound Vampire, arrow sticking through his calf. Dropping the werewolf's severed head at the Vampire’s feet, he kneeled down, smiling as the exposed bloodied flesh and muscle along the side of his face contorted grotesquely to accommodate the expression.

“Where is your lair?” Wraith asked, tracing his dagger’s edge along the Vampire's leg, distracting him from the fear spell he was casting with the other hand.

“P-p-p-pinemoon cave.” He stammered, staring at the wound on Wraith's face as he flinched away from the Assassin's knife.

Wraith smiled wider, reaching up as he traced a line along the Vampire's throat with the blade. “How many more wolves?” he asked, silver eyes staring unblinkingly into the Vampire's Ruby gaze.

“Three. It was a small pack, just meant to guard us. We're supposed to follow them when they hunt to ensure they don't get caught.” The Vampire hissed as the Assassin's dagger nicked his neck.

“And how many in your coven?” Wraith asked, wiping the blood coating his blade onto the Vampire's cheek.

“Twenty seven.” The Vampire jerked his head away from the blade, staring at his own blood along it's blade.

Stabbing the blade between the Vampire's ribs into a body cavity, Wraith let it's enchantment steal the lifeforce from the dagger's victim and feed it to it's wielder, healing his wound as flesh and muscle knitted back together. Wraith withdrew the blade and stabbed it again under the chin into it's brain, then wiped the blood onto it's clothing.

Talon stood behind him, undeterred by Wraith's acts of cruelty though she looked observed him curiously, unable to reconcile the Assassin before her with the man who loved Elisif.

“So what now?” She asked, knowing he wouldn't like her asking about the difference.

Wraith stood, sheathing his blades and pulled his hood to shroud his face in shadow. “We finish what I started.”

Elisif hated watching Raven leave, feeling a strong urge to go after him. But, no matter how she wished she could she knew she had to leave it be and it made her very being hurt. She figured it would be best to just resume her work, so she sat on the throne again, now listening to the news that Camilla brought her.

"Two days? Very well..." Elisif sighed and propped her chin on her hand, staring after the door with a heart full of worry. What if this really was the last time she would see Raven? The thought plagued her throughout the day as she went about her business directing court and making arrangements for the army and for the swift repair of the ship. She had sent Liam to help with arrangements in the army to account for his unexpected departure alongside her.

A few hours passed. She couldn't stand it any longer. She had to see him. Even if she found out things she would regret finding out. She managed to excuse herself to find Sybille, who was in her own quarters working the enchantment table.

"Sybille... I need your help." she said, making the vampire quirk a brow.

"Yes, what is it?" she asked, stepping away from her table, looking slightly confused.

"I need to get out of here without anyone knowing..." Elisif said, earning a slightly disapproving gaze from Sybille, "I know, it's stupid. But I just have to. If you don't help me it will be more dangerous. I'm going to have someone go with me. I'm going to ask Aura to help me."

Sybille sighed and shook her head, "You're going to follow him, aren't you?"

"Yes," Elisif replied, "I just..."

"Is the sex that good? I mean, it was always good for me. But, is it that good?" she smirked with a laugh but then began browsing her shelves of potions.

Elisif blushed, but smiled with quiet laugh, stepping up next to Sybille as she browsed the potions.

"Here," Sybille threw several potions in a bag, "These are all labeled. Use the invisibility potions to get out of here undetected. They will each last five minutes. So..." she trailed off, "About as long as one session with your current lover."

"Sybille!" Elisif pushed her shoulder, "That's a lie!" she was blushing furiously now as she took the bag of potions.

"Be careful, Elisif," Sybille suddenly looked very serious, taking Elisif's hands, "Don't get yourself killed."

Elisif nodded, "You have my word. And thank you," she gave her a hug, which Sybille seemed to rather dislike, but she tolerated it.

Elisif walked about as usual, letting the others assume that the bag she held was simply for travel preparations. She managed to get a hold of Aura and asked for her help tracking Raven, telling her to meet her outside the stables and informing her that she would be invisible so to listen and sniff for her since she knew that Aura had very sensitive hearing and smell.

Waiting for a while, she knew it was almost time for her to make a run for it. She downed the invisibility potion and then poured another over the bag of potions she held. She was completely invisible. It was strange, walking past everyone as if she didn't exist. She ran through the marketplace, knowing she had a limited amount of time. She was wearing a cloak, but surely in her own city, people would recognize her instantly. Eventually, she made it to the stables, hiding behind it as she saw Aura standing there next to a horse.

Aura's nose twitched and she turned, seeing a faint blurry line of a person.

"Horse paid for from money you gave me. Might want to drink second potion before we leave," Aura suggested, then climbing on the horse, feeling Elisif climb on behind her and hearing the clanking of potions in the bag.

Elisif opened the bag and downed another potion, becoming invisible once again as they galloped away from Solitude at full speed. After they rode for a good half an hour, she felt as though she were safe enough so she lowered her hood. She had changed into a regular dress with a loosely tied corset around it like most of the common women wore, so it wasn't as if she stood out for anything other than being beautiful.

"Smell of Raven getting stronger. Maybe we are getting close," Aura said, steering the horse accordingly, "It smells... a lot of blood..." she added, grimacing slightly, "You are sure you want to follow?"

Elisif's stomach turned at Aura's mention of a lot of blood, "It's not Raven's blood, is it?"

"No, just lots of blood. Don't know from who," she explained, "He not go down so fast. Not worry."

Elisif nodded, "You're right. He wouldn't be gone so quickly. It's only been a couple of hours," she let out a sigh of relief as a cave came into sight. Elisif saw two figures standing outside of it and it looked to be Raven and Talon. Aura confirmed that notion, keeping the horse heading straight that way.

Suddenly, an immense feeling of guilt rushed over Elisif. What was she even doing? Was she expecting to help? Well, she at least had some potions from Sybille and would make sure that Raven and Talon could use them. But... other than that she knew she would be dead weight.

After the horse came to a stop about twenty feet away, Elisif dismounted the horse and lowered her hood, looking up at Raven liked a child scolded.

"I-I'm sorry..." she felt tears well up and they spilled over her lids as she clutched the bag of potions in her hands in front of her. She expected him to scold her and tell her she was being ridiculous. However, their entire relationship would fall under the category of 'ridiculous', so it almost even made sense for her to be out here.

"I couldn't let you-- I just had to--" she choked on her words, setting the potions on the ground and then covering her mouth in grief, staring at him in almost fear.

Wraith stood some distance away from the cave entrance, his blades and armor covered in blood. Six Vampires a a dozen thralls had been posted as sentries in two pickets around the place, each now lying dead with wounds incurred from either Talon's arrows or Wraith's twin swords.

Hearing footsteps behind him, Wraith nodded to Talon in greeting as he observed the entrance. Three thralls stood alongside a Mistwalker, whose hand rested on the hilt of a longsword. At nearly six and a half feet, the Vampire was a brutish Breton by his appearance, hair tied back in a ponytail.

Casting an invisibility spell, Wraith circled around behind the cave, then stood atop the entrance, looking down at the Vampire and the others, weapons drawn as he waited.

Talon fired an arrow, having seen Wraith by using a detect life spell to monitor his movements. Not bothering to wait for it to hit her target, she fired off four more in rapid succession, killing the thralls and wounding the Vampire a moment before Wraith dropped from above.

Using the momentum of his fall to stab both of his swords downward, Wraith buried the blades into either of the Vampire's shoulders, pinning it to the ground as he stepped on it's head as he drove a dagger through it's skull.

Even as he stood he heard a sharp whistle from Talon, making him whirl towards the direction of the new threat, only to find Aura and Elisif approaching from a distance.

Cursing, the Assassin moved towards the pair, seeing Elisif dismount and rushing towards him. Wanting to say a million things to scold her, all of his anger drained away as she looked at him with tears in her eyes, clutching an apothecary satchel and apologizing.

Wraith started towards her, then stopped as he realized he was still covered in blood. Touching her cheek with his finger tips, he removed his mask with the other to reveal a comforting smile, forgetting his fresh scars from the wound on the side of his face that Talon healed

“You shouldn't be here, it's not safe.” He said, then his eyes hardened as he looked over her shoulder as Morgaine and Tar-Shei stepped out from the shadows.

“We’ll be discussing this later.” He said to Morgaine, who shrugged with indifference.

Turning back to Elisif, he considered his options. “If you're going to be doing things like this, we’ll have to start your training soon.” He said, cupping her chin as he lifted her eyes to meet his own. Kissing her gently to show her he wasn't angry at her, he looked at her with concern when he pulled away.

“There's Vampires inside the cave, and I can't take you inside; you’d be a distraction I can't afford. I need you to stay out here, remaining hidden. Let Tar-Shei and Morgaine deal with any stragglers who escape. Can you do that for me?” He asked, still cupping her face as his eyes pleaded with her to listen to him this time.

Elisif hugged him around his neck, not caring about the blood that covered him. It seemed mostly dry, anyway. She was only happy to see that he was okay. She laughed through her tears when he mentioned training and hugged him even tighter.

"I'm sorry. I just had to see you again. I felt like if you walked away you wouldn't come back and..." she stepped back and put a hand on his cheek where some scarring was now, looking concerned, "See? You already got hurt!" she exclaimed, hugging him tightly yet again for a few seconds and then finally willing herself to let go. She looked over at Morgaine and Tar-Shei and then back at Raven.

"It's not their fault. I used an invisibility potion and then had Aura track you," she said, looking back at Aura who smiled and waved sheepishly and then looking back at Raven, "I'm sure it won't be long before Liam follows after me," she sighed and stepped back, but left her hand resting on his chest.

"I hate seeing you leave," she furrowed her brows, but then picked up the potions she had put on the ground, "Take these with you. At least some of them," she held them out to him and Talon.

"Both of you please be careful. I'll stay here," she nodded in compliance, "I still have your dagger. I'll be alright. I'm actually quite proficient in one-handed weapons."

"Just..." she stood on her tip toes up to his ear, whispering things that would make a virgin blush.

Aura, with her expert hearing unintentionally heard what she was saying and quirked a brow curiously, walking over to Talon.

"What does..." Aura whispered a few things,"...mean?"

"Just come back in one piece," Elisif kissed him in a way that she normally reserved for the confines of her bedroom and then backed away, watching him longingly.

Wraith was surprised as Elisif hugged him despite the blood that covered him, seeming to barely notice it. Putting his arms around her, he felt a comfort that he had never realized was missing. Although he was still concerned for her safety, in a way he was glad she was here where he could reach her if needed. It was a disconcerting feeling, and one he would have to analyze later. For now he had work to do.

Smiling at her words, his grin grew wider as he raised an eyebrow at her after she whispered in his ear. “I’m going to hold you to that, Jarl Elisif.” he said teasingly as he returned her kiss with a passion to rival hers, pulling her body against his before breaking away.

Talon chuckled at Aura, finding much humor in the elf’s ability to hear things she wasn’t supposed to. “Seek me out later and I might show you.” she teased, nodding to Wraith as he motioned for her to get ready.

“Do you have your blessing?” he asked her even as he pulled a vial from his pouch.

Seeing her nod, he looked to the others who all reached for their own vials. Looking to Elisif, he decided to explain.

“The Blessing of Sithis is a potion. It gives us Night-Eye vision and enhances our physical abilities, making us significantly stronger and faster, increases our regenerative abilities, and gives us more stamina. With this, we can match a vampire in capabilities. But the amount of stress it produces in our bodies means that if we take more than one in a forty-eight hour period, we could very likely die. And the effects only last for an hour.” Wraith said, then drank the potion. Closing his eyes as pain racked his body, he grimaced and snarled as he felt the potion take effect. When his eyes opened, they bore a luminous red glow around the edges of his silver irises and his skin was pale as his veins darkened to black.

Removing his cloak, he handed it to Elisif. “Here, wear this. It has a resistance to magic and a muffle enchantment. It’ll only get in the way of my weapons from here on if I continue wearing it. Remember, let Tar-Shei and Morgaine handle them. I don’t want to lose you, got it?” he said, looking her in the eyes. “I love you.”

Elisif felt a dread was over her as he explained the potion and then downed it. His whole appearance changed, most notably: his eyes. They glowed red around the rims of his irises, giving him an otherworldly look that was ominous.

Elisif took the cloak and donned it instead of her other one with a nod.

"I'll be fine. You're the one who needs to be careful. Please... don't do anything reckless..." she touched his face, which felt clammy. It had to be the potion making him like that.

"I love you, too. No matter what happens."

Kissing her once more, he turned away and walked into the cave, Talon at his heels. Stopping just inside the cave, he looked back, for the first time in his life. Then he continued into the darkness.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tar-Shei drew his swords, the light gleaming from the blades. Sitting down on a nearby log, he stretched one leg out before him while the other he drew up to rest his arm upon, elven eyes scanning the wilderness around them. The moonlight streamed through the forest, and they could hear owls in the trees. Mist rose from the ground, giving the place an ethereal glow, almost like a dream. Normal wolves hunted a distance away, giving them space.

Morgaine regarded Elisif, crossing her arms over her chest as she leaned against a tree. It was an almost motherly pose, like a noblewoman sizing up a suitable match for her heir. Her expression giving nothing away, her finger tapped her elbow as she considered the Jarl, curious as to her relationship with the Listener. It was obvious they were infatuated with one another, and she could see why. Both of them were intelligent and determined individuals, with power in society, though at opposite ends of the spectrum.

“He does love you, you know.” she said, observing Elisif for a reaction. “Nobody has ever seen the person he is when you’re around. It’s...disconcerting to say the least. But good, I think. There’s a comfort to it.”

Elisif smiled in a sad way at Morgaine's comment, face still wrought with concern as her beloved fought off evils unknown to her and likely most people.

"I know he does," she stated, holding the dagger he had left her in her lap and looking at it as though it were a piece of him, "He loved me long before I loved him. I... actually told him to leave after our first night. I thought it was only a moment of loneliness and of passion."

She looked up at Morgaine, "But, it turned out to be more than I thought when I felt his warmth against me in the morning."

Shifting, Morgaine then decided to ask the question they’d all been wondering. “But where do you really see this going? He’s willing to commit to whatever role keeps him with you, but where does he fit into everything?”

Elisif took a deep breath and exhaled at her question, brows and forehead wrinkling as she tried to come up with an answer.

"Morgaine... honestly..." Elisif now looked at the ground, "He doesn't."

"We know that this is likely not going to end well; we knew that when this started. We are being extremely selfish, Morgaine," Elisif's looked up at Morgaine with a sorrowful and regretful gaze that said everything.

"But... I've never loved someone so deeply so quickly. I can't ignore that."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wraith stalked the Vampire, his Night-Eye vision allowing him to see in the darkness. Standing, he raised his dagger and cut across its throat, throwing the body aside as he did so. Further ahead, he saw another one fall to an arrow that pierced it’s chest from Talon’s bow. Nodding to her as they stayed on opposite sides of the first cavern, he moved beside the entrance to a path that led further below to another cavern. Waiting, he closed his eyes and listened to the slight ruffle of clothing as another sentry came up the hallway. Hearing the Vampire step right past him, he thrust his dagger into it’s chest and pulled the body away from the mouth of the entrance, standing aside as Talon moved into the opening with an arrow nocked, releasing it into a thrall. Stepping into the entrance as well, Wraith raised his hand and cast an icy-spear spell that pierced a second thralls’ chest and pinned it to the wall even as Talon released another arrow into its forehead.

Moving swiftly and silently through the path, Wraith leapt atop the first resurrected Vampire with his dagger buried into it’s throat even as Talon fired an arrow into its master, then struck the Vampire Necromancer with her bow, drawing her own dagger and burying it into his heart.

They were shadows, beings of darkness and blood as they had been raised to be. Moving into the next cavern, they dispatched the nearest sentries with their bows before taking in the scene before them. The cavern that had served as some kind of service for the previous coven had been replaced with a throne room complete with seats arranged to form an aisle that led to the throne itself, where the Blood Prince sat.

The Prince was a Breton of refined stature, with long silken black hair tied into a ponytail and high cheekbones set into a gaunt face that with darkened eye sockets as though lined with kohl. Ruby red eyes stared out upon the others, dressed in royal vampire armor, the hoods of their cloaks raised as though to hide their identities and give them identical appearances. On either side of the Prince sat a werewolf, though the third that was supposed to be there was conspicuously out of sight.

“What do you want to do?” Talon asked him in a low voice, barely above a whisper as she looked at the number of vampires.

“Do you have the scrolls?” Wraith asked in response, his eyes never leaving the Prince.

Talon nodded, eyeing the eight Vampires that remained. These were likely to be far more skilled than the others that had been taken down so easily up to this point, and combined with the might of the Werewolves they would be hard-pressed to survive, much less win. But as she noticed the look of pure focus and grim determination on Wraith’s face, she reconsidered her assessment. Perhaps their foes would be the ones hard-pressed.

“When I get close, cast the first scroll. Kill as many of them as you can. Make sure you keep track of time, and cast the second scroll before the first one ends, and the same for the third. Just keep an eye out for the wolves.” Wraith said, his voice calm and collected as though they were out for a stroll.

Talon nodded as Wraith leapt down from the ledge, casting invisibility. She readied the scroll until she saw him close in on the first two, then she casted the first Guardian Circle. Picking a target closer to the Prince, she took aim and waited for the signal.

Wraith strode up to the first two Vampires, relying on his muffle enchantment to mask his approach. Sensing him, they both turned as he stabbed them both through their chests, his swords running them through as he used his momentum to pin them to the ground before retracting his swords and pivoting into a pirouette that deflected the blades of the next two, slapping away the blade from the Vampire to the right to deliver a kick to its’ stomach, making it stumble as he caught the blade from the Left with his other blade, striking the it with the hilt of his sword before grabbing the blade and shoving the edge into the right Vampire’s throat, slicing through muscle and sinew into the windpipe before reversing the sword’s momentum to drive its tip into the the left one’s throat, stabbing through it until the blade exited the back.

Talon, seeing Wraith cut down the first two fired six arrows rapidly, killing the two Vampires nearest the Blood Prince and wounding a third before she heard footsteps as six more Vampires blinked into existence, having cast invisibility upon themselves to mask their presence while the two assassins slayed their resurrected brothers. Immediately Talon put two arrows into one of them just as the others rushed her only to be forced back by the Circle, making them hesitate long enough for two more to fall to Talon’s arrows.

Wraith knocked the blade of the remaining Vampire away, then rolled to the right as it attempted to strike him with a lightning spell. Turning, he grabbed the wrist of the Vampire and pulled it to the left, running his sword through its spine before kicking it to the ground, where he stabbed it in the back and gave a vicious twist, killing it.

The Blood Prince clapped, smiling at the display even as his Werewolves stepped down from either side of him, beginning to circle Wraith as he stood with a sword in either hand. Using his heightened senses to track the Wolves movements, he kept his eyes focused on the Prince.

“The Wraith of the Mist, my old friend. It has been a long time indeed.” The Prince said, his ruby eyes noting the black veins that covered the Assassin.

Wraith said nothing, just kept staring at the ancient Vampire as he shifted his grip on his swords. He could hear Talon fighting the other Vampires, and risked a glance to see she only had three remaining.

A sound behind him alerted him just in time to roll aside as one of the Werewolves leapt where he’d been standing, swiping at him with its right hand to knock away his sword thrust. Rolling backwards to avoid a second swipe of the beast’s claws, he raised one sword over his head to keep from being crushed by the other. Side-stepping out from between them, he slashed the leg of one and cut the side of the other, receiving a swipe to his ribcage that barely pierced his shrouded armor, drawing blood.

Facing off against the two beasts, he remembered Arnbjorn’s advice to never take on more than one. If they get past me now, Elisif will be in danger. That cannot and will not happen, he thought as he flexed his grip on the swords.

Breaking the impasse, he moved towards the Wolves, wielding his swords in a deadly pirouette, creating a web of steel around himself that shifted to deflect their attacks while slashing them repeatedly. He aimed for their extremities, attempting to incapacitate them to allow for deadlier strikes. Twice, they managed to break through the steel dance to slash his torso from his left shoulder to his right hip, and grab his arm in a deadly grip, cutting along it's length.

A sword caught the side of one one the beasts knee, causing it to stumble. Wraith took advantage and plunged his sword into its open maw, blade piercing the back of it's skull. A swift kick removed the corpse from his sword, and he refocused on the one that remained. Ducking under it's slashes, the Assassin eviscerated the beast, opening it's stomach with his sword even as he dropped his other one to plunge his gloved hand into the wound, reaching up through it's ribcage to grip the Wolf's beating heart in his hand as it howled in pain, falling silent when he tore it from the veins and arteries.

The Blood Prince stood before Wraith, his eyes wide with surprise at the turn of events. Even as he watched, the Listener's wounds were slowly closing, no longer life-threatening. “What are you?” He breathed, feeling the first seed of dread be planted in the back of his mind.

Wraith still said nothing, stalking towards the Vampire as his silver gaze met the blood-red of the Prince's.

“It's no matter. Tonight, you die one way or another, Assassin!” He hissed, casting a fireball spell at Wraith, forcing him to dodge to the side.

As Wraith stood, a pair of Frost Atronachs appeared before him, looming over him as he felt their sightless gaze fall upon him. Drawing his lightning-enchanted axe, he retained his other sword that absorbed his enemy's health, knowing he would need all the magic he could get.

Dodging an ice-spikes spell, he ran towards the Atronach on his left even as a fireball struck the one to his right. Leaping on the arm of the Atronach as it attempted to strike him, he ran up its’ length to bury his axe into it's head, swinging up on top of it to stab his sword into it's back, holding on as it continued to steal the magical being's life force and give it to Wraith.

Seeing the other Atronach rushing towards him, the Assassin planted his feet and leapt as it struck the one he had wounded, barely managing to roll behind cover as the Prince cast a Flames spell at him before being distracted with dodging an arrow from Talon, who leapt down from her perch to avoid the fireball he threw at her in return.

“Talon! Use both of the Scrolls!” Wraith shouted leaping off of the body of one Atronach to stab the other, then leaping back towards the other one to strike it with his lightning axe, then dodging their combined frost breath attack. Seeing the Prince turning to stop her, Wraith drew and threw the ebony dagger at the Vampire, scoring a deep cut across the Prince’s cheek.

Suddenly there was a rush of flame in a whirlwind of fire as Talon succeeded in summoning a Flame Atronach. As it focused on the two Frost Atronachs, Wraith again rushed the Blood Prince, forcing him to focus on him even as Talon summoned a second Flame Atronach, joining them in battle.

The Vampire and the Assassin met in a clash of steel, their blades locking together. “This has gotten personal, hasn't it, Assassin? Before it was just a professional indifference but now, something's changed. Is it the woman you held when I visited you in the Palace?” The Prince asked, amused interest crossing his expression. “The Jarl and the Assassin. It sounds like a fairytale.”

Wraith said nothing as his eyes hardened, his focus renewed. He broke apart from the locked engagement and slashed at the Vampire, only to find he wasn't there. Turning, he barely managed to anticipate the Princes’ strike to block it, kicking him in the knee and striking him across the cheek with his hilt. As he attempted to shove the blade back into the Vampire's’ neck though, the Prince grabbed Wraith's sword and shoved him into a wall.

Tearing the blade from the Assassin's grip, he threw Wraith across the cavern, rolling across the floor until he struck a wall. Standing, Wraith drew his daggers, holding them in a reversed grip.

A sudden silence filled the chamber, only broken by the crackling of flames as the remaining Flame Atronach started towards them.

“No!” Wraith shouted, holding a hand up to Talon who stopped the Atronach. “He’s mine.”

The Vampire smiled at the Assassin, whose silver gaze fell upon him with a coldness that would freeze the blood in even a hardened warriors veins. It was a gaze that whispered of the Void, filled with the promise of eternal blood and darkness.

And then the Prince moved.

With a speed beyond that of a human, the Vampire crossed the distance faster than the eye could see and struck Wraith in the chest, the Assassin's back hitting the rock wall with enough force to fracture several ribs, breaking at least two.

Grabbing onto the Vampire's wrist, Wraith stabbed the Prince in the stomach, tearing it to the side only to be thrown once more, striking a table with enough force to break it.

As the Vampire watched, Wraith's veins and eyes began to return to normal, and with it, his wounds stopped healing. And still, the Assassin groaned as he pushed himself off of the ground, carefully placing a foot under him as he tried to steady himself. With an inhuman effort, he stood.

So, this is how I die.

Wraith reached into his pouch, withdrawing a second Vial of Sithis’ Blessing. Drinking it, he closed his eyes in expectation of the pain, but instead felt a warmth fill his body. Then he felt the pain, his bones resetting as they began to mend, his wounds healing rapidly.

Opening his eyes, he found the world tinged in a red hue, his eyes bloodshot. Veins blackened, his skin ashen, he flexed his body to find a new strength in his limbs. A wicked grin born of bloodlust spread, making Wraith laugh as he considered his opponent. This will be fun, Wraith thought maliciously as he once again raised his dagger in a reverse grip. And then he moved.

With a speed that matched that of the Prince, he feigned a strike with his dagger, allowing the Vampire to parry the attack as he struck him across the jaw with his fist, followed by an elbow that fractured his cheek. Reversing the dagger’s direction, Wraith grabbed the hand the Vampire tried to use to block the strike as the blade stabbed deep into the Prince’s thigh.

What is this? The Prince wondered, kicking the enraged Assassin away. What potion gives him such abilities? How did it bring him back from the brink of death to being capable of matching me?

A dagger-hilt striking his nose made him refocus on the task at hand, using a thunderbolt spell to knock Wraith back. Rushing the Assassin as he rolled, the Vampire’s blade was deflected upon the Half-Breed’s rise to his feet, forcing the Nightmaster to step back to avoid being eviscerated. A burst of flames reminded the Prince that the man he faced wasn’t to be under-estimated, a skilled Nightblade Warrior whose already considerable abilities were enhanced by whatever potion he’d taken.

Looking at the Assassin, he focused on the black veins as a plan formed in his mind. Side-stepping Wraith’s thrust, he moved behind the Nightblade and struck, stabbing him even as he buried his fangs into the veins on the side of the Half-breed’s neck. Blood laced with a taste of sulfur and ash mixed with something other that contained a deep reservoir of magic. As the concoction filled the Vampire’s mouth he drank deeply of the Assassin’s blood, feeling his own powers magnify tenfold or more, the ruby color of his irises filling the Sclera as they glowed.

Wraith felt himself growing weaker as the Prince drained his lifeblood from his veins, draining the blessing of Sithis from him. He thought of Elisif, the promise he made. The sound of children’s laughter filled his ears, joined by that of Elisif’s. Her scent filled his nostrils, and it kindled a desire to live. The primordial beast within him awakened, and he summoned his Ancestor’s Wrath, cloaking himself in flames as he heard the Prince shriek an unearthly wail that threatened to collapse the cave upon them, Drawing his dagger, Wraith plunged the blade into the chest of the Vampire, feeling it drain the life-force back into him.

After several long moments that seemed hours, he felt a hand upon his shoulder, making him turn to attack only to find Talon there, gripping his wrist to keep him from killing her. “By Sithis, Wraith. You stubborn fool.” she said as he stumbled, barely catching him as he fell. Feeling his body sweating feverishly, she cursed as she picked him up, grunting with the effort.

“By the Night Mother, you stupid son of a whore!” she swore, carrying him into the tunnel they’d entered through. Seeing light up ahead, she picked up the pace only to step out into the moonlight, revealing the corpse of the remaining Werewolf as Tar-Shei and Morgaine stood to either side, expressions turning to shock as they saw Wraith in her arms.

"Raven!" Elisif screamed, seeing him being carried by Talon. Her eyes immediately streamed tears as she bolted up to him and Talon, "Gods, no! Raven!"

“What happened?” Morgaine asked, rushing over to them.

“The dumb bastard drank a second blessing, then got bit.” Talon said, her gruff tone and fearful eyes betraying her concern.

"What?!" Elisif exclaimed, her face a contorted mixture of despair and anger, "You idiot!" she yelled at Raven, wondering now if he could even hear her.

“We have to get him out of here. Somewhere out of sight. Others will come looking for the Jarl, and if they see him dressed up as the Listener they’ll kill him even if he survives.” Tar-Shei said, looking shaken as he ran a hand through his hair before he turned to Elisif. “We need to get him to the Palace. Your bedchambers. Sybille can help with this, she knows more about healing than any of us.”

“Milady, we need to sneak him past the guards into your quarters where we may treat him. Let us take him and ride ahead.” Tar-Shei said, for once using formality to address her out of respect.

"Ready a horse, then. Hurry," Elisif agreed, clutching Raven on the ground as they prepped a horse to be able to support him properly since he was currently dead weight.

"Why did you do this? You are so stupid," Elisif whispered in his ear, tears dripping onto his neck, "You can't leave me already. Please don't make me lose someone else. I can't do it, Raven. Please-- don't leave me here alone. I can't do it again! Raven... I love you so much. Just hang in there until they get you home. Then you can rest and I'll be there the whole time."

Elisif's hands trembled and her whispers in his ear were shaky. She didn't want to let go of him, but she knew
    she had to.

"I love you... please be okay..." she kissed his head and let the others take him from her, her heart feeling as though it was being ripped in two parts.

Talon reached over and grabbed Wraith gently, slowly pulling him from Elisif’s grasp. “This is his best chance at surviving. We need you to trust us, we will not fail you in this, I swear by the Night Mother.”

Taking Wraith, she motioned for Tar-Shei to come with her since they both wore their shrouded armor whereas Morgaine had worn her normal attire. “Make sure you close the cloak tightly, else they’ll see the blood on your clothes.”

Together the two assassins left, taking Wraith bound in a dark cloak to hide his armor, his weapons hidden in a blanket on Tar-Shei’s horse. Riding at full gallop, they didn’t stop even as they neared the gate. “We have business at the Blue Palace. Move aside!” Talon shouted, relieved when they recognized her as an advisor and opened the gate to allow them to ride all the way to the Blue Palace.

Tossing Wraith over his shoulder with the cloak still tightly bound so as not to reveal the armor, Tar-Shei followed Talon as she led them to the Jarl’s quarters. Ordering the guards to stand aside and not allow anyone entry per Elisif, they took Wraith into her room where they quickly undressed him and hid his armor in her wardrobe.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Morgaine observed Elisif, then shook her head. “We need to tell a version of the truth. You sought Wraith as he hunted the Vampire responsible for the incident this morning. You found him, bleeding and wounded in the forest. You sent Tar-Shei and Talon ahead with him to get him safely to Sybille. That’s why you’re covered in blood and distressed.”

Leaning forward, she looked the Jarl in the eye. “He will live. I promise you that. It is our duty now to ensure that he doesn’t awaken to find all of his efforts for naught. Can you do this?”

Last edited by Rayne7; 10-17-2017 at 05:07 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Elisif nodded at Morgaine as she explained that she might need to keep some things to herself when she returned to the palace. It didn't seem strange doing so. Since she met Raven, she had kept his real identity a secret for his and her own safety.

She watched Talon ride off with Raven and then mounted the horse that her and Aura had ridden out there on. Holding onto Aura's waist, she let her steer again-- too distracted to steer herself.

After while, she saw a horse speeding towards them, though it slowed down when its path overlapped with Talon, Tar-Shei and Raven for a moment. The man upon it looked her way and began riding towards her and Aura again.

"Liam!" Elisif exclaimed as their paths intercepted and they were riding alongside one another, "I'm sorry you had to come out here. I'll explain when we get back to the palace."

"Horse is tired from having two people both ways.
    Ride with Liam," Aura suggested, slowing the horse down and stopping, "You will get back faster."

Elisif nodded and dismounted, still shaking from the whole ordeal, "I'll--I'll explain on the way then," she said, jumping up onto the horse behind Liam and holding onto him, "Go as fast as you can. I don't want to fall too far behind."
    --------
    "I apologise my lady, but please, don't ever fucking do that again... By Pelinal, I thought you had been kidnapped or abducted by that bastard Ulfric." Well, that wasn't exactly true, Liam figured that the Jarl had ran off somewhere, presumably after Raven - ironically, he was in the same position, running after Elisif after being told my Falk and Sybille not to do so. Galloping his horse back towards the city, he couldn't help but feels slightly confused at the situation laid before him; Elisif looked as if she as going to burst into tears at any given moment, and even the normally cheerful and chipper Aura looked dead serious. Had something bad happened? From what Bolgeir had told him a few days before, something wasn't exactly right in Haafingar at the moment. Reports of necromancy, the supernatural and even the odd rumors of Daedric worship were steadily increasing, and people were gossiping about rumours of the commonfolk in the northern reaches of Skyrim facing some sort of problem.

"Ellie, we're a short distance away from the city - what's going on? It's not safe for anyone to be out here... Where's Raven? I figured he would have been accompanying you on the way back." Liam glanced back to see the almost sorrowful look on his liege's face and his eyes widened in realisation, shaking his head slightly. That's who was draped over the horse at the head of the procession... Well, shit...

--------
    Elisif wasn't surprised at his scolding of her, but it still didn't feel great. Nevertheless, she felt it appropriate to apologize, "I know it was stupid. I'm sorry."

She tightened her grip around him for a moment in a sort of awkward hug to accompany her apology. Tears still threatened to spill over her lids so she didn't say anything else until he asked her a question.

"Raven went after the man responsible for the murder this morning," she began, taking a deep breath to pull herself together, "It was a very dangerous fight and Raven is close to death right now. But, he did defeat the man."

She gulped and rested her head on Liam's back, "L-Liam... there's some things that you don't know and I can't tell you about right now. Some things that I do might not make any sense. But, I ask that you trust me. I have to ask that you trust Raven, as well. No matter what. Though I know you both aren't fond of each other; you have to trust each other for my safety," Her voice was quite serious, almost shedding the tearful tone she had before completely, "I know you can do that for me."

It wasn't too long before they reached the gates of Solitude; the gates still being open in expectation of her swift arrival after Talon rode ahead with Raven and Tar-Shei. Galloping through the town in the dead of night with nothing in the way, it was a quick trip from the gates to the palace.

"By Kyne's grace let him be alright..." Elisif muttered to herself before dismounting, ready to bolt up to her quarters. But, she stopped and looked at Liam, "Thank you for coming after me," she said with a kind expression, "I have to go help Raven. Guard the door for me. Don't let anyone pass unless I say it's alright. Thank you, Liam," she took his hands for a moment and squeezed them to show her appreciation, "You're not just my knight, you know? You're my best friend. Friends have to keep secrets sometimes. So... if you hear anything shocking while on the other side of the door... don't repeat it."

With that, she bolted up the stairs of the palace, the cloak Raven gave her flowing away from her dress and exposing the blood that stained it. Fortunately, most of her servants had retired for the night and no one would see it.

She swung open the door to her room and swiftly closed it behind her. She shed the cloak she had been wearing and let it fall on the floor, rushing over to Raven's beside, kneeling and taking his hand with both of hers. It was cold but there was still a pulse.

"Thank the gods..." she muttered, looking to the others now for direction.
    Last edited by Daniel_Darkholm; 10-20-2017 at 04:46 PM.

RPAs White Knight
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

The next day had the various members of House Starseer, as well as Caleb, Camilla and Ali, rushing all over the city preparing. The coming war would be long and bloody, new troops and allies were pouring in. Word had also reached Ali's ears of Redoran, Telvanii and Indoril troops in Morrowind mobilizing to their borders, it seemed they didn't trust the Stormcloak blockades. While it wasn't expected to be an invasion from them, it would definitely come to their advantage.

Amber and Camilla
    Swims-through-Ice's ships had been loaded with what was necessary for the coming trip. They would attempt to run the Stormcloak blockade, or sneak through it, and deliver Elisif to Solsthiem. Amber and Camilla were overseeing the progress. "Are we sure this will work?" Camilla asked. Amber nodded. "Swims-through-Ice will use this bounty for a wanted pirate to be allowed through the blockade into Morrowind waters" Amber said, holding up a piece of parchment. Swims-through-Ice grabbed it and looked. "Oh, am I being hired officially for this bounty then? Because I am fine with that" the Argonian captain said. He recognized the bounty, and even if he didn't need go after him he would do so after dropping his cargo at the docks in Raven Rock. Camilla took stock of everything that had been loaded and looked at her friend. "Everything is loaded" she said to Amber. "The ship and crew are ready too" the boatswain Erik said. Amber nodded and sent a guard up to the Blue Palace to tell Elisif her ship was ready.

Lucine and Timur
    Lucine was with her father, Timur, in Castle Dour looking over the plans for the coming conflict. "For the most part we'll focus on Whiterun, and then Falkreath" Timur said, pointing to the two Hold capitals on the map. "Morthal may be able to be converted to our side, they are the ones who voted for this West Skyrim-East Skyrim divide after all" Lucine said. "What about our allies in the Covenant? Which groups have promised us support?" Timur asked. "Me and my werewolves will be helping in the field in Whiterun, Caleb and his wereboars are helping in The Reach where the Forsworn and Ashlanders will be fighting the Stormcloaks on our behalf, Leonidus and his werelions have promised to help, but I doubt they'll make it to Whiterun in time so they'll be in Falkreath and The Rift, and Ysmirr has promised his werebears to Eastmarch, Winterhold and a small pack on Solsthiem will provide extra security for Elisif, same with some of my werewolves who live there" Lucine said. Timur nodded and started drawing out troop movements and orders of battle for their troops. Just then a knock at their door made them turn around. "Generals, I would like to introduce Tribune Reila, she has come to offer support" the soldier said, indicating the Imperial soldier behind him.

Ali and Adra
    It was a cold day in the Reach, made colder by the gaze of a hagraven and her pet Briarheart. "So you are ready to make a move on Markarth, pet?" the hagraven asked. "Yes but not until Whiterun is ours, the Forsworn and Ashlanders will be halting the soldiers out of Markarth so they can't join forces with the troops Jarl Greymane of Whiterun has threatened Elisif with" Adra said. "Then we shall support you all ion this war, we will try and rally the other Forsworn camps, but we can't promise anything" the head Forsworn said, looking at the map provided to them. "I take it some of your troops have taken up Caleb's offer too?" Ali asked. The leader nodded. "Some of them will become wereboars to help their prowess, one of them is my best fighter and he has always looked for ways to increase his abilities and strengths" he said. Adra nodded, and went back to the planning phase.

Salendrial
    Lady Salendrial was in the throne room having a spirited debate, as she called it, with Thane Bryling. "Jarl Elisif, we need to keep stability in the city while you are in hiding, as such someone must take the throne in your stead" Salendrial said. "And you think you are best fitted because you brought money and soldiers to the city I take it? Do you think you are better then those who have been in her court for longer then you?" Thane Bryling asked, in a quite shirty manner. "I do not presume to sway Elisif's thoughts regarding who is and who isn't fit to rule in her stead, I will support her no matter who she chooses" Salendrial said. "As it stands, so far Thane Bryling has been nothing but confrontational to Thane Salendrial since she arrived, who I might add has been nothing but a boon to the city which is thriving once again" Falk Firebeard said matter-of-factly, earning him a disapproving glare from his part time lover, Thane Bryling. Before the debate could continue the guard Amber had sent arrived in the throne room. "My apologies for interrupting, m'ladys and master Firebeard, but the ship is ready Jarl Elisif, it is time for you to embark" the guard said.

Caleb and Jenassa
    Jenassa had been given command of the Ashlanders and some Soulknife Infiltrators, and so she was in the field. Caleb stood beside her, his fellow wereboars and some Forsworn behind them, waiting. "There they are" Jenassa said, pointing to the Stormcloak banners, these ones had silver gears in the bear motifs as well. "Yeah the silver gears are representative of the Silverblood Clockwork Brigades, they have augmented their armour and weapons with what you could find on your average Dwarven Sphere, it seems Jarl Silverblood has pulled out his best at the start" the Forsworn warband leader said. After some quick planning the attack plan was drawn up and troops positioned.

Caleb stood in the middle of the road with his fellow wereboars, facing towards the approaching Stormcloaks, most of which seemed to have the retractable blades and crossbows of a Dwarven Sphere, exactly as described. "Move out of the way, or we'll move you ourselves" the Stormcloak commander said. "I don't think so" Caleb responded. He suddenly turned, transforming into what made him a feared warrior back home, his fellow wereboars following suit. This caused most of the Stormcloaks to jump back in shock but quickly ready their weapons. The first of the Stormcloak line had charged, one-handed weapons and shields at the ready. Caleb caught the first one on his tusks, goring the man and throwing him to the side, the screaming soldier falling off a cliff into the river. "Death to the Stormcloaks! The Reach belongs to the Forsworn!" came two different shouts as the Ashlanders and Forsworn launched their part of the ambush. "Retreat to the fort, we need to regroup!" the commander shouted as arrows rained down on top of them.

They ran back to the bridge only to be stopped by Jenassa and the Soulknife Infiltrators. The Infiltrators grabbed soulgems and, using the form of Conjuration magic they were trained in, became armed with various daggers and swords. The first one stepped forward as a Stormcloak soldier stepped forward as well. As the first dagger was stabbed into the soldier the Infiltrator let go and it disappeared as the soulgem shattered, the same happened with the second dagger. The other Infiltrators and Jenassa joined in, their side of the bridge had become a swirling mess of bodies, shattered soulgems and blood. While at the other end Caleb and his wereboars were busy smashing thier way through the Stormcloak lines until it was just the Stormcloak captain. Caleb turned back, and was handed his armour and weapon, a metal capped staff. "Just you and me now, Stormie, let's see what you got" Caleb growled as he stood ready. The Stormcloak captain made an attack towards Caleb who effortlessly pushed it aside with his staff, only to then step in and stroke the captain with the other end, moving around behind the man. The captain tried to strike Caleb again only to have the more burly Breton dodge out of the way. This continued on, the captain landing a hit on Caleb's leg with his mace, almost surely breaking the bone. Caleb, filled with adrenaline, ignored the pain and, with one final push, sent the captain sprawling onto the ground, Caleb then grabbed the man's mace and, after quite a few heavy, violent hits on the captain's chest, killed his opponent.

The heads of those Stormcloaks who had been at the battle were collected and put on spikes, the bodies from both sides of the battle were burnt on individual pyres, the funeral rites were given. Caleb may have been an enemy of the Stormcloaks but if Lucine had taught him anything, it was that the dead still needed to be given their final rites, no matter what side they were on. "Our next stop is Fort Sungard, we'll join up with Ali and Adra there, hopefully the war will go as smoothly as this" Caleb said after drinking a potion. "You know, I really did admire the art you produced on the canvas of the battlefield, especially that duel, you are a master at this art you practice" Jenassa said, smiling. Caleb chuckled and thanked her, Ali had told her Jenassa was an acquired taste, and now he could see why.

Spoiler:  

Hell Knight of RPA
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Reila had followed instructions from what the guards had told her, then followed more intructions from the servants. It was quite exhausting for her to follow and search. Instead she walked over to the nearest guard. "I cannot find the one I am looking for, perhaps you can help me?" She asked the guard who seem curious, "I need to speak with who ever is in charge of the military here, or the current militia commanders I should say." The guard nodded, "Then it is Generals war room at Castle Dour, come I will show you."

Minutes passed as the two headed to Castle Dour, passing other soldiers or what Reila could describe: Conscripts. Guards and those who volunteered for a war to come. Sounds of men shouting out commands and instructing others of how to hold a sword or shoot a bow. It brought some memories for her, the rest she disregard.

Entering through the doors and led to a certain door, the guard knocked and entered. Introducing Tribue Reila, whom saluted once the guard had said, 'Generals' to several people in the room. She walked further in the room near the table and to the two who seem to already discuss their plans.

"Tribune Reila Desades, second in command of what was left of the Imperial Legion forces here in Skyrim. We been attacking patrols and hijacking supplies lines from the Stormcloaks for quite some time now, until they found our location and destroyed my remaining forces...our remaining forces." She cleared her throat, "Legate Jo'Kar instructed me to come here and to inform whoever is in charge about a force he will be gathering. After what he heard at the Moot, it would seem Skyrim is in need of the Imperial Legion forces once more. It will take time for the...I mean, Cyrodiil to gather up a force, not to mention equip them properly. There are a few Imperial Legion camps, Jo'Kar is already searching for them and he will meet you when you are ready." She looked nervous in front of the two, Reila had never spent time with higher ranking officers, just mostly Auxiliary's and Quaestor's.

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1718192021 ... LastLast